Who will take the number 10 shirt when Zlatan leaves?

Canagel

So as we already know Jose has suggested that this is likely to be Zlatan's last season at the club and when Rooney left he took over the vacated number 10 shirt but it looks like it'll have a new owner from the start of next season. Who should it be and who do we expect will want it? Or maybe it's should be reserved for a marquee signing? My guess is Rashford but someone like Pogba could have eyes for it as well given that he took that shirt at Juventus.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think the club will give it to Lingard.

We're not looking to invest in the front line for a season or two so it makes sense they'd give it to a homegrown who has been playing in that position and playing well.

vangagal

I think the club will give it to Lingard.

We're not looking to invest in the front line for a season or two so it makes sense they'd give it to a homegrown who has been playing in that position and playing well.
No offence to Lingard but that somehow is downgrade. Pogba would be a good choice for me.

Chris60

About time Martial changed numbers again...:lol:

I could see Pogba taking it actually presuming we don't made no10 kinda signing.

Sterling Archer

Give it to De Gea

I don't really know which of our current batch really warrants it. It would be special to see Marcus wear it, but I don't think he will. So a new signing most likely .

Kapardin

Should sign Dybala and give him the shirt, but sadly Jose seemed quite vehement that we weren't going to sign an attacker this summer.

borrays

Should sign Dybala and give him the shirt, but sadly Jose seemed quite vehement that we weren't going to sign an attacker this summer.
We have NO money for that kind of investment dude... just remember this is the same club who said no to Perisic last summer. we cant splash 100 mil pounds on a new shinny attacker while there are more urgencies needed to be address.

fergosaurus

Pogba and McTominay or Matic will get 6.

I have always been a Jesse fan but not sure about giving him the 10 based on one consitent season. Pogba has been inconsistent too but proved he's top class af Juve.

Sanche7

Think it will be Pogba unless we sign someone like Dybala.
My prediction :
Pogba takes the #10
New DLP / DM takes the #6

Fer

I thought Griezmann could have been our new No.10. Now, I hope we can sign Dybala. But I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba takes it.

exit35

Give it to Lukaku, he wore 10 at Everton, then let Martial have number 9. It might help Martial's contract negotiations.

Web of Bissaka

If players like Dybala suddenly becomes available, would be maad if Jose doesn't go for it.

Alternatively, Pogba, but he doesn't seem to be too interested in changing his number.

Would love to see Rashford taking it, but not next season, not now I feel.

Lingard is fine as #14, Henry's number or something he said why he chose it before, if I recall correctly.

Yeap, can see #10 left vacant as what've happened with #7 early this season (initially thought Mkhi would get it).

But seriously, it could be given to the new Carrick replacement signing this summer, would be very appropriate a playmaker gets it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Jose has said we aren't going to sign anymore attacking players in the summer, so it'll be probably be someone who's already here. If not, just keep it on display for a bit, until we find the right player.

I do agree with others in the thread, though. I would give number 10 to Pogba, then give his number 6 to our new midfield signing.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Pogba should have it imo. He is the creative spark in our midfield and i like to see that kind of player wear the #10 shirt.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd like to see Rashford get it, a good young player who will likely spend the majority of his career at United if all goes to plan. If not maybe give it Lingard or save it for now.