Who wins united player of the season

Infra-red

As always seems to be the case in seasons where we are utter shite, De Gea has probably been the best performer overall.

el3mel

Cancel this shit. How would they have the nerve to hold on a celebration party for such awards after such season?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Probably the one time this season the players will put some amount of effort into a United event.

There should be a special category this year, "Cnut of the season" - keep the engraver busy for a few nights with that one.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ole and his mates had built a side which is brimming with United DNA. These team with its core of British/homegrown talent knowledge exactly what playing for United is all about so it will be hard to decide
Your posts never fail to leave me bamboozled after reading them.

What are you on about?

El Jefe

Fecking hell people really aren't trolling with the Ronaldo mentions :lol: his fans really are a different breed.

No answer is valid if it isn't DDG or Fred.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
As always seems to be the case in seasons where we are utter shite, De Gea has probably been the best performer overall.
No surprise really. The worse we are, the more shots and more difficult shots our goalkeeper faces. And the more De Gea's job is about pure shot-stopping, the better he looks.

And this season he's had to make the 2nd most saves in the league while facing the 6th most average level of difficulty per shot. That's a lot of opportunity for him to do the one thing he's good at.

Last edited:

goptun

Why??

The women's team have done very well this season, why should they have to suffer, by not having any awards, same for the youth sides of both genders??

There is far more to this club, then just the men's first team.

For the record, my Player of the Season, would go to Ella Toone, but Ona Batlle is running her very close.
Eh? This thread is clearly about the men's team player of the season award. The women's awards can go ahead as normal, assuming they haven't been as criminally diabolical. As can the U21s, U18s etc.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Draw a line in the sand and just refuse to issue one. Declare that all players have fallen short of the standard expected of the club. Allow players to speak freely to the media about it.

There are a few that have made par and not embarrassed themselves or regressed. But that’s not good enough.

Fred, Matic, Sancho, Elanga, De Gea, have all had more average to good games than bad. But that’s not a metric we should indulge in.

Cancel it.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Ronaldo obviously and clearly. Nobody comes close.

Still United best player by some distance.
Agreed. Ronaldo or DDG head and shoulders above the rest fairly clearly.

The people laughing at the suggestion of either of these are, by and large, agenda-based posters. If you're posting a laughing smiley, for example, at the mere suggestion of DDG or Ronaldo being given this award, you almost certainly have a blinkered opinion. Objectively looking at the teams performances over the past year, these were the two stand-outs.

Honourable mention for Fred too, in fairness. Everyone else has been really, really shite.

Irwin99

Not exaggerating this is worse than the season Shaw won it; I always remember Paul Scholes' son made fun of the award by saying whoever made the highlights reel sure had one hell of a job.

For me it's Fred, followed by De Gea and maybe Ronaldo. Fred deserves to win it I feel.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
1. De Gea
2. Fred
3. Ronaldo

These three at least care, even if Ronaldo showed it in an unfortunate way at the weekend.

GueRed

Scrapping the barrel but for me De Gea and Lindelof have been our most consistent and solid performers this season.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I really believe it should be cancelled.

Just as a way of showing they're willing to take some accountability.

miked99

de Gea, Fred, Ronaldo. Possibly Bruno too, mixed performances but he's made some key contributions.

Apart from that, errrmmm......me?

Maticmaker

If there has to be a player of the season, then whichever player has played most games, or had most minutes on the pitch... there can be no other criteria for making a judgement this season, i.e. whoever turned up most, and stuck it out longest!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why??

The women's team have done very well this season, why should they have to suffer, by not having any awards, same for the youth sides of both genders??

There is far more to this club, then just the men's first team.

For the record, my Player of the Season, would go to Ella Toone, but Ona Batlle is running her very close.
This is obviously the mens team forum. You’ve been pointed to the ladies forum before for discussion. If you need a topic created that doesn’t exist then ask or else discuss it in the newbies forum until/if you get promoted.

RedDevil@84

I think De Gea should be an obvious pick. If not him, then Fred. Nobody else deserves anything.
But I think it will be Ronaldo for PR reasons.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only United player who has consistently performed since SAF left, DeGea!
Except for the three straight seasons that he was absolutely terrible...

But yes, I expect De Gea will win it again. To some extent he should since he has been the most consistent, but at the same time his limitations actually play their part in our issues.

Fred is the only other option. For the first half of the season Lindelof and Ronaldo would have been up there as well, but both have been poor since then (plus Lindelof hasn't played that much).

Matthew84!

People seem to forget how bad DDG is at everything besides shot stopping, pulls off a good save and makes error after error.
Player of the year goes to Garner at Forest.
Everyone else should be fined and slapped with a wooden spoon

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Most improved and consistent the last 6 months.......FRED!

Velvet Revolver

As a statement the club should cancel the end of season awards. These people are overpayed as it is dont need thier over inflated egos to be boosted any further.

or alternately have a 'Worst player of year' awards category. It will be like a oprah show, you get an award, you get an award. Check under your seats

Shark

@NotShark
As a statement the club should cancel the end of season awards. These people are overpayed as it is dont need thier over inflated egos to be boosted any further.

or alternately have a 'Worst player of year' awards category. It will be like a oprah show, you get an award, you get an award. Check under your seats
As a mark of respect for the fans in totally agree, it shouldn't go ahead. This is surely one of the most disgraceful seasons any club of United's size and resources has ever had. Can't think of a worse one in my lifetime.

dove

Reminds me of that goal of the month competition we had to cancel because we scored no goals when LVG was in charge :lol: Should just cancel this one too or just rename it to "The least shite United player of the season". In that case, it's probably DDG.