Who, with me, believes we can win the premier league?

GMoore23

We can if ten Hag would prioritise it. He needs to let the Europa and Fa Cup go from here on.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Today was the best result for us. The gap to the top stays the same and the two teams above us have all played a game extra.

Matson

Today was the best result for us. The gap to the top stays the same and the two teams above us have all played a game extra.
Agreed the best we can hope for in these two arse vs City games is city win the first and the second is a draw.

frostbite

They did not play a game extra. We are 5 points below City and Arsenal, and we have played 23 games, the same as City. Arsenal has played 22.

But yes, I agree that the City win was the best for us. Now we need another Arsenal loss.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
They did not play a game extra. We are 5 points below City and Arsenal, and we have played 23 games, the same as City. Arsenal has played 22.
You're misreading what I'm saying - I'm not saying they've played an extra game. I'm saying the gap to the top has stayed the same with the two teams above us playing a game extra.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don’t think it’s a realistic proposition given our crazy schedule with all the Cup obligations. However, only being 5pts off the top 23 games in, is pretty remarkable when viewed through our collective perspective after 2 games of the season. A home loss to Brighton and a proper thrashing away to Brentford.

In the last 3 games we've clawed back 6pts on Arse and City have clawed back 5pts in 4 days. So it's fair to say things can change quickly. Yet, i think we'll drop too many points after the midweek cup games, and the squad is just stretched too thin. I also don’t think there are enough goals in the team just yet, which will be exposed if we get an injury to one or more key players.

frostbite

You're misreading what I'm saying - I'm not saying they've played an extra game. I'm saying the gap to the top has stayed the same with the two teams above us playing a game extra.
Oh, sorry. Yes, that's true. But the problem remains: we are 5 points behind City, and 5 (potentially 8) points behind Arsenal. One of the two may collapse, but to need to get above both of them to win it.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Oh, sorry. Yes, that's true. But the problem remains: we are 5 points behind City, and 5 (potentially 8) points behind Arsenal. One of the two may collapse, but to need to get above both of them to win it.
Yea it's definitely a long shot and unlikely but who knows.

OverratedOpinion

We have a chance, I think City win it and have done for weeks but they do feel less infallible than previous seasons and with Liverpool not being a factor. If Martial can find some fitness and have one of his spells where he looks incredible for 3 months and we are lucky with injuries who knows.

renatosanches85

No chance; no team with Weghorsefield up top is winning the premier league. If we had gone for Felix and Eriksen hadn’t gotten injured, we could have had a chance, but not now.

SAFMUTD

Its a shame we've lost stupid points against lower opposition. That last minute goal against Crystal Palace, the draw in OT against Leeds, the last minute lost against Arsenal. Those combined with the openning loses against Brighton and Brentford.

Im sure adding quality to the squad and ten Hag will deliver, City is not as dominant as they used to be. There's no need to make 100 points anymore, anything between 85-90 points will do it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Best we can hope for is Arsenal returning back to normality, dropping points like Sonic when he got hit by dr. Robotnik, City leads by the end of the season but they get relegated as a result of their scandals. That how we win the PL this season.

renatosanches85

Its a shame we've lost stupid points against lower opposition. That last minute goal against Crystal Palace, the draw in OT against Leeds, the last minute lost against Arsenal. Those combined with the openning loses against Brighton and Brentford.

Im sure adding quality to the squad and ten Hag will deliver, City is not as dominant as they used to be. There's no need to make 100 points anymore, anything between 85-90 points will do it.
You are right on the dropped points, if we were to win all 38 games I think we would win the league.

ManRed

We are one Rashy injury away from praying we make top 4. We just don't have city depth to win the title. Rather enjoy the ride and if we are 3-4pts off start off May we can reconsider.

TsuWave

the last minute goal conceded at the Emirates as well

my head is steaming

croadyman

Unfortunately in that Palace game we couldn't find the crucial second goal,no doubt Casa's booking knocked the confidence too

croadyman

Unpopular opinion and yes I know Casemiro has won us many points, but his indiscipline has also cost us leading the table.
Problem was he had to take one for the team against Palace away because Bruno’s pass put him in trouble. Will admit Palace home red card leading to Leeds draw was poor discipline though.

Kopral Jono

Palace away still pisses me off, a stonewaller not given and a freak last-minute worldie. Daylight robbery. I can't complain with drawing and losing against Leeds and Arsenal respectively -- we were absolutely shit in the former and always going to ship more goals in in the latter due to our set-up that day.

zenith

We may not win it but we are only 5 points behind the leaders in mid Feb, so we are certainly in the title race and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts cause it's just been so long since that has been the case.

Tarrou

the only way I'd think we might have a chance is if Martial magically stayed fit and started playing amazing

so yeah.. feckall chance!

croadyman

We may not win it but we are only 5 points behind the leaders in mid Feb, so we are certainly in the title race and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts cause it's just been so long since that has been the case.
Our best case scenario in next couple of weeks will be geordies get a point at Etihad on 4 March,then we go to Anfield on 5 March 9 pts behind with chance to get within 6 (and game in hand with Brentford from League Cup Final weekend)

The problem with that is I fear we suffer a Europa League hangover against a rejuvenated Leicester on Sunday because today's game will take a lot out of us.

Strelok

If by some miracle Martial could got fit and play all the matches left yeah we'd have a chance. We've seen our attack with WW upfront and tbh no way we'd have a chance at the title having such attack week in week out. I like WW but no way any team would win the league with a #9 like him.

the only way I'd think we might have a chance is if Martial magically stayed fit and started playing amazing

so yeah.. feckall chance!
Exactly swear I only saw your post after posting mine :D

croadyman

If by some miracle Martial could got fit and play all the matches left yeah we'd have a chance. We've seen our attack with WW upfront and tbh no way we'd have a chance at the title having such attack week in week out. I like WW but no way any team would win the league with a #9 like him.
Wrap Martial in cotton wool for the big aways at Anfield and Amex in March IF he can somehow get fit for League Cup Final

Strelok

Wrap Martial in cotton wool for the big aways at Anfield and Amex in March IF he can somehow get fit for League Cup Final
Problem is even with that he'd somehow magically get injured. And playing WW in other matches will eventually make us to drop points. The PL is tough.

MUFC OK

in 10 games time we are odds on being in only 2 competitions for all the talk of fixture conjestion. Absolutely essential that we beat Leicester.

Strelok

Yeah I don't believe it myself
Thinking about this gave me some thought about our certain other striker.

My opinion would be very unpopular but if we got bought by the Qatari royals I'd have no objection for him to return. If I can live with the Qatari royals owning us surely I can live with him playing for us again. Of course we don't know how he's now but even if he could be like only 70% of what he was imo he'd still be a massive improvement on WW. And that would seriously improve our chance for the title imo.

nainaisson

Unpopular opinion and yes I know Casemiro has won us many points, but his indiscipline has also cost us leading the table.
The refs thought he was trying to strangle that guy, but Casemiro's posture was merely the traditional form of apology in the Brazilian village where he was born. His card should have been rescinded.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I will call it now. We will finishin 2nd place and City will win it again. Arsenal is not as good as their standings. Their first 11 is good, but they have no depth. Put it this way...most have been saying that City is having an off season yet as of today they are in first place...

CloneMC16

Shouldn't be unpopular. It's the truth. With him available, being top of the table is a highly probable scenario. It's very frustrating to think about it.

Even if that were the case, I still don't think we would win the league. It's too early for us. We're too reliant on Rashford to score goals. If/when his form dips, we'll probably struggle to score. The amount of times he's gotten us off the mark or scored a winner this season is ridiculous.

ForeverRed1

If we had less games and more squad depth I’d say we could go on a winning streak and have a good go at it.. however we will 100% drop points we shouldn’t and that will be our problem. It’s yet again been our problem this season. Feels like a reoccurring problem for us.