Whoop ti Do!! United have bid for someone

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
is that him sweating whilst signing the national anthem?

REd FUn DevIl

It says on united.no that the article has been removed because they didn't want misinterpretations and misquotes by british media. They also say that they will be back with more news on the topic later.
I'm pretty sure i saw an article about Berbatov's agent on Manutd.com and it was removed.

The unnamed target is Berbatov just that Fergie didnt confirm that it was him and just said we made a bid for a player.

Drifter

American
SAF on SSN said they had put a bid in for a player that will enchance the team.But he never said who and was never asked who.

Ekeke

There'd be no reason to leave Berbatov un-named, as the press and most fans (seemingly) think he's already ours.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
"In the last few months he has shown his development playing in a very good Cameroon team, and he looks like a Manchester United player in every sense." Djemba Twins

"He has to potential to be the next Gabriel Batistuta" Dong

Even the great man gets it wrong sometimes! :smirk:

Ekeke

"In the last few months he has shown his development playing in a very good Cameroon team, and he looks like a Manchester United player in every sense." Djemba Twins

"He has to potential to be the next Gabriel Batistuta" Dong

Even the great man gets it wrong sometimes! :smirk:
Are those direct quotes from Berbatov?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Erm... Put 'em away lads.

It seems that some SS journo has stumbled across this piece.

Ferguson admits Berbatov bid

Sir Alex has been speaking to the editor of the fanzine of the MUSC Scandinavian Branch before the departure to South Africa were he admits that the club has tabled a bid for Berbatov.

- We have submitted a bid for Bebatov, and we're optimistic about the prospect of signing him. He's impressed over a long period of time and would make a good addition to the squad, SAF says.

He admits that he would love to bring Berbatov to the pre-season tour to RSA, but says that the clubs is in no rush.

- We're in no rush and are hopeful to stage constructive negotiations with Tottenham soon.

Asked about Ronaldo, he didn't want to say much apart from "dealing with the matter it in a correct way".

http://www.united.no/united/nyheter/nyheter/tror_paa_berbatov_kjoep
So it's Berbatov and nothing we didn't know already. We made a bid, Spurs rejected it.

Move along, nothing to see here.

EDIT: The scandi article has been removed too. It was there earlier though.

Drifter

American
Erm... Put 'em away lads.

It seems that some SS journo has stumbled across this piece.

So it's Berbatov and nothing we didn't know already. We made a bid, Spurs rejected it.

Move along, nothing to see here.

EDIT: The scandi article has been removed too. It was there earlier though.
They have taken down that article.And the interview i saw never mentioned Berbatov.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They have taken down that article.And the interview i saw never mentioned Berbatov.
The interview I saw did mention Berbatov. It was about the only word I recognised in a sea of Norse.

It says on United.no that they chose to remove the article when the english media started to contact them about it. The editor writes that he don't want Ferguson's quotes to be presented wrongly in the media.
Gee, I wonder which English media they're talking about. Surely not the telly tabloids themselvs, Sky Sports News? :smirk:

Spoony

The People's President
Who's listening to Key103? Rio's been on, and he said it's a player from La Liga.

I reckon he's 'merking' us.

Kelvin

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed he has tabled a bid for a player, believed to be Dimitar Berbatov.

The Scot has been heavily linked with a move for the Bulgarian in recent weeks - and he has now confirmed he has made an offer for a player, though he refused to confirm it was for the Tottenham frontman.

Ferguson said: "We have made a bid for one player who would enhance us a great deal."

Tottenham are holding out for more cash but whether United are prepared to go beyond the £20million that has been mentioned is doubtful.

In any case, it would be handy for Spurs to get the money in quickly as manager Juande Ramos looks to rejig his own squad, with a big-money move for David Bentley in the offing.

Indeed Ramos confirmed earlier when asked about the futures of Berbatov and Robbie Keane: "We will see what happens there, but we are talking about two very important players. For the moment they are with us, but whatever happens the idea is to have a great squad, with the potential to allow us to aim to improve on what we managed last season."

The deal could move much closer over the next fortnight, although with Ferguson and chief executive David Gill both on the plane for United's tour of South Africa and Nigeria, it will be left to club solicitor Maurice Watkins, who found himself at the centre of the Carlos Tevez affair last summer, to deal with any on-the-spot issues.

"I have replaced Gerard Pique with Jonny Evans, so we are back to the same numbers," said Ferguson.

"If we got one more it would strengthen us even further."

Ferguson took charge of a 21-man party for the four-match tour, which opens against the Kaizer Chiefs in Cape Town on Saturday.

Aside from Nani, Edwin van der Sar and Patrice Evra, who were all in action at Euro 2008, Cristiano Ronaldo, who is recovering from an ankle operation, and Anderson, who played for Brazil in World Cup qualifying action, the main absentee was Owen Hargreaves.

Ferguson confirmed the tendonitis problem, which reared its head during last pre-season and bothered the England international until November when he eventually was forced to have injections to ease the problem, has resurfaced.

"It was apparent as soon as he came back to training," said the United boss.

"It is the same as last year. Some people get these things.

"Maybe restarting training on the firmish grounds brings it on or maybe it is just an inherent problem.

"We are trying to sort it out now with injections. That is what we did last November and it worked. Hopefully these work and by the time we come back from South Africa he should be okay."

Ferguson expects Hargreaves to link up with the other senior stars who remained in Manchester and could yet be involved in a reserve team outing at Oxford on July 26.

Certainly the United camp remain confident Hargreaves will be fit when they begin the defence of their Premier League crown against Newcastle in five weeks.

"Owen is not written off for the start of the season at all," he said. "I am sure he will be okay."

Louis Saha is having treatment for an injury in France, although it is doubtful the striker would have been involved anyway as he seems certain to leave Old Trafford during the current transfer window.

Gary Neville will take his customary position as captain, with Ferguson stating the England defender is now fully fit after virtually 16 months on the sidelines and ready to scrap with Wes Brown for the right-back berth that had been his own for so long.

"For Gary in particular this trip is very important," said Ferguson.

"He came through his 45 minutes at Aberdeen on Saturday with no problem at all, which is fantastic news.

"The great thing about Gary is that he has not missed a training session since the last time he came back in April.

"We could have played him at the end of the season but Wes was doing so well.

"His form was so good I didn't want to have doubts in my mind about picking him. Wes had played in every game, so we kept it like that.

"But now, a new season is about to start and Gary will get his chance."

After their trip to Cape Town, United will move on to Durban and Pretoria before a flying visit to Nigeria.

They will then return home to face Espanyol, Peterborough and Juventus in a packed five-day spell before the Community Shield clash with Portsmouth at Wembley.

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...7/SOCCER_Man_Utd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=soccer

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
They are if he never mentioned any names.

That's not really difficult to grasp is it?
could you run past us one more time please spoons. i think i am nearly there.