Who's leaving this summer?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It seems like everyday there's a new credible report of someone leaving, who do we think will realistically leave (take into consideration that most of our lot are on extortionate wages and that we've struggled to shift them for years)?

My picks would be:
Varane (Confirmed)
Martial (Look's a given)
AWB (Came out of the blue but apparently they've got t shirts of him printed for his farewell)
Eriksen (Don't think we'll trigger the extra year in his contract)
Evans (Don't think we'll offer him a new contract)
Casemiro (Saudi links seem credible, let's start praying)
Amrabat (Don't think we'll make his loan deal permanent)
Bruno (Deserves to leave if he actually wants to)

Sancho, Donny, Rashford, Williams are all on too much money for any team to realistically buy them. Now that Moyes is a goner I can't see anyone coming in for Maguire or McT.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I have zero confidence that INEOS will be able to clean-out the garbage we have amassed over the last decade.

But just a reminder, this is what world-class players look like. Our overpaid donkeys, who somehow think they are world-class are nowhere near this

https://youtube.com/shorts/WVFfueT42jg?si=oOqODbquM0uzyOtf

Irwin99

It seems like everyday there's a new credible report of someone leaving, who do we think will realistically leave (take into consideration that most of our lot are on extortionate wages and that we've struggled to shift them for years)?

My picks would be:
Varane (Confirmed)
Martial (Look's a given)
AWB (Came out of the blue but apparently they've got t shirts of him printed for his farewell)

Sancho, Donny, Rashford, Williams are all on too much money for any team to realistically buy them. Now that Moyes is a goner I can't see anyone coming in for Maguire or McT.
McTominay would do very well for a midtable team and i think we said no to a bid of around 30 million earlier this season. Can't imagine his price has gone down (should go up if anything).

Banana Republic

I’ve heard that Donny has acquired a serious injury, that could keep him out for most of next season.
So no chance of selling him this summer.

Banana Republic

Already out of contract in June…..

Varane confirmed departure.
Martial out of contract, with no sign of an extension being triggered.
Eriksen unlikely to be given another year
Evans unlikely to get another 1 year contract
Amrabat season long loan ends.
Williams will be a free agent, if we don’t offer him an extension- future uncertain.

Problem children….

Greenwood - open to offers. Getafe want another year loan, but Utd will want him sold.
Sancho - doesn’t want to return, even under a new manager. Who will match his wages?
Van de Beek - long term injury. Unsellable at the moment.
Rashford - unreliable and a drag on the team. May have already burnt his bridges inside the club?

Persistent injury issues…..

Shaw
Malacia
Lindelof

That’s before we even start looking at who’s “not good enough”.

Last edited:

Nori-

When you start noting the names of people who will likely leave this summer, you realise how big this rebuild is going to be. It could easily be half the squad.

I hope they've done the maths though, trying to upgrade that many positions won't be cheap.

A few free transfers and loans will likely be needed.

Bertie Wooster

When you start noting the names of people who will likely leave this summer, you realise how big this rebuild is going to be. It could easily be half the squad.

I hope they've done the maths though, trying to upgrade that many positions won't be cheap.

There's also different types of 'free transfers'.

There's the ones where its the player opting to leave on a free (often an in demand one looking to go to a higher / bigger team); Or the ones where the club opt to release the player on a free (where he often drops down at least one level).

Hopefully we'll be able to do a few in the former group, such as Adarabioyo types. Which will save us money while also upgrading the squad. Whereas the latter group will also save on a transfer fee, but probably won't improve the squad too much and will probably just be short term fillers for a season same as any loans.

tomaldinho1

I suspect/hope they're thinking more about younger highly rated players who they can gamble on mixed with some choice frees like Tosin and maybe Rabiot.

Thuram at Nice supposedly available for £12m, Cherki at Lyon has a year left, that young Croatian dude at RBS as well. Long standing interest in Todibo who is said to be available for £35m

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Bwuk

Going off the squad on the website. Bolding who I think we'll keep.

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
- Keep, although wouldn't be hugely surprised if he left and we got someone else as a back up.
Heaton - contract is up in June. I think he'll probably retire. I believe he's on like 40k a week as well which we could free up.
Onana - I'd give him another season due to the other priorities in the squad to sign.

Defenders
Lindelof - He'll be moved on if we can get an offer for him. His contracts up in 2025 and we won't renew it. I think we'll cash in now whilst we can.
Maguire - I think he'll stay. Generally he can be relied upon fitness wise. He's generally done well this year, and is a good option to have in the squad.
Martinez - He'll stay but we can't rely on him as a starter imo. He's been riddled with fitness issues since he joined.
Malacia - If we can move him on we will. I think we likely loan him out though. Can't see anyone giving us any £££ for him after him missing a year of football.
Varane - Already announced he's leaving.
Dalot - Been our best player this year.
Shaw - Has to be demoted to back up though due to fitness issues. He can't be relied upon, but is a good left back or LCB when fit.
Wan-Bissaka - Sell to whoever is daft enough to give us £££.
Williams - Contract is up in the summer. 60k a week saved.
Evans - Retirement beckons. He's done well this year but we shouldn't renew.
Kambwala - Depending how many CB's we look to sign, I'd consider loaning him for his own benefit. If he's 4th choice stay, but otherwise I'd loan.
Fernandez - Hasn't he already agreed to sign for Benfica?

Midfielders
Amrabat - we won't be signing him.
Mount - another year but needs to show something otherwise he'll be gone Summer 2025.
Fernandes - El Capitano.
Eriksen - legs have gone. He'll be moved on.
Amad - Deserves a chance. Has so much ability.
Casemiro - Saudi bound.
Pellistri - Not good enough.
Van de Beek - Not good enough.
Mainoo - Starter.
McTominay - Due to volume of players we need to sign he'll still be here unless we get a crazy offer.
Gore - Loan hasn't went well. Either sold or loaned out again.
Hannibal - Will be sold.
Forson - Loan. Not convinced anyway.

Forwards
Martial - Contracts up in summer
Rashford - I think he stays because no-one offers us enough £££ for him.
Hojlund - Needs competition. Should be backup at this point.
Garnacho - Needs support. He's been a one man attack this season.
Antony - Sell. I think we'll tout him to Saudi if possible.
Sancho - I think we'll cash in. I wouldn't be amazed if he's still here though under new management.
Shoretire - Loan again.
Greenwood - I think we'll sell him before he leaves on a free next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays though. We have so much work to do.

-----

This would leave us with an incredibly small squad, which we need obvious additions too. But if we aren't in Europe having a smaller squad might be a bit of a benefit.

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
Onana

Defenders
Maguire
Martinez
Dalot
Shaw
Kambwala

Midfielders
Mount
Fernandes
Amad
Mainoo
McTominay

Forwards
Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

Needs at minimum 1xLB, 1xCB, 1xCDM, 1xCM, 1xST, 1xRW.

dazjoe

He's out of contract, don't need a buyer

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's even crazier when you list the players that have already left in the past two seasons.

Our squad is absolutely threadbare. Even if we agree a load of those mentioned need to go, we simply can't sign 10 players in a summer, which is what we'd need to do. It's such a mess.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
- Keep, although wouldn't be hugely surprised if he left and we got someone else as a back up.
Heaton - contract is up in June. I think he'll probably retire. I believe he's on like 40k a week as well which we could free up.
Onana - I'd give him another season due to the other priorities in the squad to sign.

Defenders
Lindelof - He'll be moved on if we can get an offer for him. His contracts up in 2025 and we won't renew it. I think we'll cash in now whilst we can.
Maguire - I think he'll stay. Generally he can be relied upon fitness wise. He's generally done well this year, and is a good option to have in the squad.
Martinez - He'll stay but we can't rely on him as a starter imo. He's been riddled with fitness issues since he joined.
Malacia - If we can move him on we will. I think we likely loan him out though. Can't see anyone giving us any £££ for him after him missing a year of football.
Shaw - Has to be demoted to back up though due to fitness issues. He can't be relied upon, but is a good left back or LCB when fit.
Kambwala - Depending how many CB's we look to sign, I'd consider loaning him for his own benefit. If he's 4th choice stay, but otherwise I'd loan.

Midfielders
Mount - another year but needs to show something otherwise he'll be gone Summer 2025.
Fernandes - El Capitano.
Casemiro - Saudi bound.
Mainoo - Starter.
McTominay - Due to volume of players we need to sign he'll still be here unless we get a crazy offer.
Hannibal - Will be sold.

Forwards
Sancho - I think we'll cash in. I wouldn't be amazed if he's still here though under new management.
Shoretire - Loan again.
Greenwood - I think we'll sell him before he leaves on a free next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays though. We have so much work to do.

-----

This would leave us with an incredibly small squad, which we need obvious additions too. But if we aren't in Europe having a smaller squad might be a bit of a benefit.

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
Onana

Defenders
Maguire
Martinez
Dalot
Shaw
Kambwala

Midfielders
Mount
Fernandes
Amad
Mainoo
McTominay

Forwards
Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

I generally agree but think Antony and Sancho will end up staying due to price, with probably at least two of Lindelof, Malacia and van de Beek staying if we can't get the necessary number of replacements in. VDB and Malacia would be the hardest to get rid of due to severity of decline in the former case and injuries in the latter.

If all your suggested departures do happen, we would need more like 10 signings. In addition to what you aid: another RB, one more CB and a bit more in atttack and midfield.

Wilcox has got a very busy summer ahead.

Nori-

No European football next season would be ideal. We won't need such a large squad to cover so many games, so can sell more players without replacing them. You then have more money to spend on better quality signings in the positions you do need to replace.

The following summer, if we get Champions League football we can continue improving the squad.

Red Royal

No European football next season would be ideal. We won't need such a large squad to cover so many games, so can sell more players without replacing them. You then have more money to spend on better quality signings in the positions you do need to replace.

The following summer, if we get Champions League football we can continue improving the squad.
Given no Champions League, we may not be able to compete for the top top signings unless we offer insane wages to mercenary (please no). I think this is a good thing though, we should be signing the right profile young, physically strong and right mentality of players.

Banana Republic

We probably need to start adding Martinez to this group..
I half expected someone would suggest Martinez to be added to the injury prone list.
I left him off it, as he’s struggled to get back from a serious injury.
We don’t know, but it could be that he needs a longer period out, to be fully recovered?

USREDEVIL

Williams will be a free agent, if we don’t offer him an extension- future uncertain.

Problem children….

Greenwood - open to offers. Getafe want another year loan, but Utd will want him sold.
Sancho - doesn’t want to return, even under a new manager. Who will match his wages?
Rashford - unreliable and a drag on the team. May have already burnt his bridges inside the club?

Shaw
Malacia
Lindelof

yep. 100%

USREDEVIL

Goalkeepers
Bayinder

Defenders

Midfielders
Fernandes - El Capitano.
Casemiro - Saudi bound.
Mainoo - Starter.
Hannibal - Will be sold.

Forwards
Shoretire - Loan again.

-----

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
Onana

Defenders
Maguire
Martinez
Dalot
Shaw
Kambwala

Midfielders
Mount
Fernandes
Amad
Mainoo
McTominay

Forwards
Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

Agreed, only i would be surprised if we offloaded Antony. I think he'll be a backup and on next season's chopping block.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Goalkeepers
Bayinder

Defenders

Midfielders
Fernandes - El Capitano.
Casemiro - Saudi bound.
Mainoo - Starter.
Hannibal - Will be sold.

Forwards
Shoretire - Loan again.

-----

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
Onana

Defenders
Maguire
Martinez
Dalot
Shaw
Kambwala

Midfielders
Mount
Fernandes
Amad
Mainoo
McTominay

Forwards
Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

We really need to get this summer right, the quality of the remaining squad is absolutely dire. If we don't drastically improve the floor of this team then we'll be looking at an Everton-esque slide down the table in the coming seasons. We're not too big to fail and this squad has been systemically stripped of quality over the last decade to the point of great concern.

FerociousCorgis

hopefully a masssss clearout. Whats the worst that can happen, we are stuck in conference league or something.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Definitely Leaving:
- Varane
- Martial

High Chance of leaving:
- Greenwood
- Sancho
- Casemiro
- Lindelof
- Evans
- Eriksen

Maybe:
- McT
- Bruno
- AWB

Hopefully Leaving (pretty please?):
- Anthony
- Rashford

RuudTom83

If INEOS are serious about stuff like controlling the dressing room and giving the manager the best platform to perform...then come the first game of the season players like Greenwood and Sancho should be finishing pre-season with their new clubs.

Lets start the season off without any drama please.

NoPace

Goalkeepers
Bayinder
Onana

Defenders
Maguire
Martinez
Dalot
Shaw
Kambwala

Midfielders
Mount
Fernandes
Amad
Mainoo
McTominay

Forwards
Rashford
Hojlund
Garnacho

I don't disagree with your list (though I think Forson can just leave on a free so probably moves to a mid-table side that has old wingers like say Fulham, or a solid Bundesliga side and tries to make his name).

But looking at what's left, I think we would need a cheap backup RB too, even if it's just a random loan, unless the RCB can play RB too and then it's still a lot of Maguire at RCB. Though if the coach is Tuchel, Southgate or Frank that might be fine with them.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
If I am correct, this are the contracts expiring this summer:
  • Martial
  • Lindelof
  • AWB
  • Heaton
  • Brandon Williams
  • Varane
Looks certain that Martial, Varane and Williams' contracts won't be extended. I am sure Heaton will leave too. That leaves Lindelof and AWB. I think we have triggered the one year extensions in their contracts. It would be interesting to see if we keep both of them and then let them go a free the window after or we sell them for a fee in this window or we give them longer extensions to keep them beyond next season.

The players whose contracts are expiring in 2025:
  • Maguire
  • McTom
  • Dvb
No one will buy Dvb, so he'll likely leave on a free in 2025. Let's see what we do with Maguire and McTom. Sell them to raise some funds or keep them for squad depth?

Besides them, I think we'll try to offload Casemiro, Sancho, Greenwood & Antony if we can find buyers.

Havak

Pokemon master
It's going to be incredibly difficult to shift everyone that we'd want to. But I think some extremely likely ones are:

Varane (already announced)
Martial
Sancho
Van de Beek
Eriksen
Amrabat
Hannibal
Williams

I'd be close to saying they are certain to not be here.

I think one of Maguire/Lindelof goes if we can sign a couple of CBs, probably more likely to be Lindelof who is sold. McTominay is a player who will be under consideration but I think he'll stay. Greenwood probably more likely to go, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club try to keep him now with the financial situation potentially being out of Europe. I can see Wan-Bissaka being sold but maybe we keep all the full backs as we need players in all the other areas of the pitch.

In an ideal world, I think the club would look at shifting Rashford, Casemiro, and Antony, but I just can't see it with the other players above already mentioned. If we can shift one it will be Antony - I fully expect Rashford and Casemiro to play one more season here (maybe more in Rashford's case).

Pellistri and Alvaro Fernandez might go, although I'd be interested in seeing Alvaro play if Shaw & Malacia aren't going to be fit enough consistently.

My thoughts are that this will be our squad next season:

Onana/Bayindir
Dalot/Wan-Bissaka
Maguire/New CB
Martinez/New CB
Shaw/Malacia
Casemiro/New CM
Mainoo/McTominay
Bruno/Mount
Garnacho/New FW
Hojlund/New FW
Rashford/New FW

+ Kambwala, Amad, other youth etc.

However, signing six players seems a stretch, even with finding some free transfers.

Von Mistelroum

First player out of the door should be Rashford. He's on huge wages and contributes nothing to the team. Sadly, as mentioned, he is on too much money. Nobody else is stupid enough.

The-Mezzala

Varane
Greenwood
Sancho
Martial
Lindelof or Maguire
Malacia
Eriksen
Antony
DVB

WPMUFC

want an insane stat? With Varane and Martial coming off the books (depending on the wage site you look at), we are freeing up, allegedly, between 500,000-600,000 pounds a week from the wage bill.

Case, Varane, Rashford, Martial, Sancho gone would be, allegedly, 1.5 mil off the per week wage bill.

We truly are a bonkers club. :wenger:

Charlie Foley

My picks would be:
Varane (Confirmed)
Martial (Look's a given)

Think we could find a buyer for McT and Maguire, I think the latter rehabilitated his image a lot this season honestly. We'll see what both do in the Euros too.

Do you mean Brandon Williams? Doesn't his contract expire this summer?

foolsgold

Think we could find a buyer for McT and Maguire, I think the latter rehabilitated his image a lot this season honestly. We'll see what both do in the Euros too.
I don't think we will or should move either of these on. Scott isn't on a big wage and has been a good bench option this year. Harry, has at least proven himself to be fit for much of this season, given we've already lost Varane and with Evans is unlikely to renew, and Martinez's injury record over the last 12 months we really can't be shipping Maguire out.

Ideally he'll be third choice behind a new CD & Martinez. I'd sell Lindeloff before him. I'm assuming that Kambwala will go out to a championship on loan to get the game time he so clearly needs. It's not like we can use Shaw as a LCB with any degree of confidence.

PaulRich

I've loved McGuires show of character this season. Yes he's not the superstar CB we were hoping for but as a back up who can be depended upon we could do a lot worse.

Likewise McTominay has had a really decent season as an impact player. If he can accept that as his role here I would have no problem in him staying.

Njord

It's truly incredible how much we can save from salaries with the players leaving this summer.

Varane, Casemiro, Sancho and Martial are all in the £250K/ £300K bracket. Eriksen, Greenwood, van de Beek, Lindelöf, wan Bissaka are probably all over £100K. Then there is also someone like Williams who is apparantly on £60K.

With rumours about Rashford, Bruno and Anthony going as well, our only big earner remaining might be Mason Mount.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Casameiro
Eriksen
Varane
Malacia
Shaw
Lindelof
Martial
Van De Beek
Sancho
Antony
Willams
Amrabat

All need to go bigly.
Doubt Shaw will go.
And I would add Rashford assuming we could get a half decent offer.

Remember the geese

I'd keep Onana for another year. Might as well stick with Bayindir too.

From the defenders, I'd keep Martinez and Dalot for definite. I'd either keep Kambwala as depth or loan him out. Shaw, I'm torn on. He isn't reliable at all, but I think Amass can make that position his own in the next couple of years. Depends if we want to persist with an injury prone Shaw until that day comes, or sign a top left back now. Perhaps Shaw could be kept as depth for the centre back back position as we integrate Amass as left back deputy. Outside of these players, I'd happily sell the rest.

In midfield, I'd keep Mainoo. Mount has had a shocking year in terms of injuries, but I suppose he gets another year. I'd be looking to sell Bruno, if not this year, then next. We need to not miss the boat and get a big fee for him while we can. Any other midfielder to be sold.

In terms of forwards, I'd keep Garnacho, Højlund and Amad. Any of the others to be sold.

Unam333

Problem children….

Shaw
Malacia
Lindelof

That's a good overall summary.

I don't see Shaw and Lindelof leaving despite their recent injury woes, not because no clubs want them, but I feel they are useful as squad depth as is Maguire.

Malacia will be hard to offload due to his current injury and he's on a long term contract. If he was injury free I believe many clubs would like to sign him. Not the same can be said about Van de Beek. I think it will be impossible to sell him. He failed everywhere.

Unless a club offers United crazy money, I don't see Rashford leaving. He has dips in form, true, but in a better system he can still be an asset. He still is a serious goal threat and one of the players who has the ability to create a chance for himself. If we had to offload a winger my picks would be either Sancho and Antony, preferably both.

If Ten Hag stays on as manager I would like to see Antony staying and acts as cover for Amad or whoever plays on the right. If a new manager comes in, I would like to see Sancho back in the team and offload Antony.

Greenwood, I think won't come back next season no matter the circumstances.

Eriksen and Amrabat won't be at United next team I think. Shame Amrabat is quite slow and he really kicked on the last couple of games. No time for him to impress the coach and the board to sign him permanently.
Evans is a hard one. I for one think he will continue and stay on as backup and acts as one of the veterans now Varane has decided to leave the club.

The last few games showed Bruno is vital to this United team. Unless a huge offer comes in and he himself wants to leave the club, then he must stay.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

My picks would be:
Varane (Confirmed)
Martial (Look's a given)

Evans should definitely be extended for another year. Even if he only plays cup games, minutes here and there, with our luck at CB we'll need the extra body. And I can't imagine his wages are exorbitant.
I don't think Amrabat is the solution, but as a midfielder for £10m it's a no brainer for me. A squad player that can do a job is something we need.
Bruno I'd only let go if we get an incredible offer...I'm talking £60m+ and we should sell.

The rest I agree with.