Who's the best player in the world and why it's Marcus Rashford

arnie_ni

I'm actually not sure I've seen a turnaround like it. He's even scoring headers for feck sake.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Scorer of goals, feeder of kids, breaker of tory scum hearts....... and he's all ours :drool:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Happy to get him a couple of headed goals as well, He really should work on this even more and become a well rounded striker. he's goat a good athleticism to score all sorts of goals. Very happy for him to get back to his best - at least when it comes to scoring goals.

Red_Aaron

I don't think he was poor or awful at all. Leeds pressed the life out of us and we struggled to get the ball into the final third with any kind of regularity.

Once a chance came his way though - woof what a header. A world class player can have a quiet match but provide the crucial moment when it arrives, he's doing that consistently now.

He's world class - we need to enjoy him

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Sloppy technique, lack of assertiveness in his allround play. Works hard again and gets the goals, no issue from me.

RuudtheRed

He's playing like he did a Space Jam on prime Ronaldo, what with these towering headers and goalscoring streaks. Probably finally fixing his injured back has helped him to reach new heights too.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I thought this was like that LuckyScout thread where you would drop some information on us and tell us you’re not interested to discuss it. You did the complete opposite, telling us to discuss without dropping us with your knowledge!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Mbappe is playing with f*cling Messi, Neymar, Verrati, hakimi, Marquinhos, Fabio Ruiz and so much more in Ligue 1-

Yet Rashford’s playing and scoring with Weghorst a non existent Sancho, Fred, Malacia, Wan Bissaka just to give some context and people are complaining about Rashford’s technique for scoring :lol:
This place is special :houllier:

arthurka

A lot of you lads wanted rid of him not even that long ago!
This place is sometimes something else.
You should go into the ETH thread going by what's been written there you might think Tim Sherwood was managing.

shahzy

I'm actually not sure I've seen a turnaround like it. He's even scoring headers for feck sake.
He's actually a terrible header of the ball....and yet he's scoring them. I actually have no idea how. Purple patch should be defined by this

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Benni McCarthy :drool:

(im South African, let me claim it ffs)
In that McCarthy interview a while back wasn't he talking about coaching headers actually? Or have I misremembered?

mshnsh

What are you basing this on?

He has been below par for PSG this season so far and was anonymous in the quarters, semis and final of the word cup until his penalty. He is one of the best in the world though as is Rashford on current form.

mshnsh

Rashford may end up having a Ronaldo type season where his around play is not consistently great but his stats at the end of season are excellent so that everything else is forgotten.

Siorac

A lot of you lads wanted rid of him not even that long ago!
There's no middle ground around here. He's either useless or the best player in the world. We somehow manage to simultaneously underrate and overrate our players.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Theres that sloppyness in his technique which bothers me, and that puts him a step below Mbappe who has the silk on his feet. This is what makes him so reliant on his mentality. Hard to forget that Rashford's low can be almost Bebes level. May that never come back and he can keep this world beating level for years!

cyril C

Rashford is in great form this season. if he can sustain such form for the next 5 seasons (I dare not put 10), then he will be in the same league as Benzema, Lewandoski. One of the best, but noway the BEST.

Idxomer

Theres that sloppyness in his technique which bothers me, and that puts him a step below Mbappe who has the silk on his feet. This is what makes him so reliant on his mentality. Hard to forget that Rashford's low can be almost Bebes level. May that never come back and he can keep this world beating level for years!
Mbappe is the better player but he can be very sloppy on the ball too.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's not him but he sure as hell looks like an amazing goalscorer.

Hm, not followed him closely but Vini Jr from his first season of being looked at as a flop to bossing it for Madrid last season?

cyberman

There's no middle ground around here. He's either useless or the best player in the world. We somehow manage to simultaneously underrate and overrate our players.
If he isn’t the best striker in the world im struggling to think of who to be honest.
It’s ok to say that. Our players can have bouts of world class form well.
Someone may be scoring the same amount of goals, someone may have better technique from wide etc but as an overall package Rashford is pretty scary.

Andre Kagawa

I thought this was like that LuckyScout thread where you would drop some information on us and tell us you’re not interested to discuss it. You did the complete opposite, telling us to discuss without dropping us with your knowledge!
Don't do LuckyScout dirty like that man

Siorac

If he isn’t the best striker in the world im struggling to think of who to be honest.
It’s ok to say that. Our players can have bouts of world class form well.
Someone may be scoring the same amount of goals, someone may have better technique from wide etc but as an overall package Rashford is pretty scary.
Oh come on now. He's had a very good half a season after 18 months of inconsistent and often downright awful performances. Let's not call him the best in the world just yet. Particularly not the best STRIKER in the world, considering he doesn't play as a striker most of the time.

cyberman

Oh come on now. He's had a very good half a season after 18 months of inconsistent and often downright awful performances. Let's not call him the best in the world just yet. Particularly not the best STRIKER in the world, considering he doesn't play as a striker most of the time.
Hasn’t been 18 months. Season before last he had over 20 goals and struggled in the run in with an injury. It wasn’t inconsistency for 18 months, that’s absurd. Last season was an anomaly in Rashford having constant 20 goal plus seasons so the we have to wait until he does it constantly doesn’t even stand up to scrutiny because he has. The man has been goalscorer since he was 21/22.
The entire front 3 are strikers these days, inside forwards are all the rage
Literally who’s better? The man is on course for 35 goals after spending a third of the season being forced to bow down to Ronaldo.
It’s ok to say it. He was a 20 goal a season forward for a while and he’s jumped in quality from even that. That’s what stands him out now

norm87cro

Well I've been his fan since day one and was never amongst 85% of people wanting him out. But this one's too much. In reality he is a great player who can contribute 10-15 goal in the league and some 18-22 in all competitions (if you look at his stats in the last 5 to 6 season except last season when everybody was s... and not just him). And he is manc and that is always a plus. But yeah N 1 in the World? I wish he was but he isn't.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
i think on current form its difficult to think of anyone performing better towards the top end of any quality league. Come back in another year of consistent performances and we can discuss if it is just a hot streak or is he getting to Goatish levels. I hope Erik can rotate and keep him fresh, he would have to be superhuman to play every game and perform until the end of this marathon season. If Jadon can kick on now and get to Marcus levels that would be a great rotation and playing partner option to have.