Why did we buy Fred?

Bwuk

He’s so bad it’s funny.

I can’t believe some on here rate him.

Champagne Football

By his low standards he has been OK today. He's kept things ticking with sideways passes. Hasn't made too many trademark boo boos so far at least.

Mailo

Yes he might be shite but what was he suppose to do today that he's hasn't? There's absolutely zero movement in front of the midfield.
Controlling a ball better and making simple 5 yard passes reach their target could be a start?

LJJT

I’m always very much glass half full but he’s been really poor, if he was a youth product fair enough but his 26 and £50m he’s shocking

Mark Pawelek

The champions league group games that year.
A rating of 7.25 over 8 matches is not world class. United should buy players to play in this league - the PL. The player needed to set Pogba free is called a DMC = defensive midfield centre. For example: Kante, Ndidi, Florentino Luís, ... It's a position. McTominay, Fred, Matic cannot play; which is why we have 2 of them playing there.

Asking fans why pep didn't buy him is the most boring question you could possibly ask, why not ask a non rhetorical question which a fan can reasonably answer to continue the debate
Fred's fan club keep saying this: "Pep wanted him". So I keep asking why did Pep not buy him? IMHO: saying Pep wanted him is the most boring excuse for Fred. Especially as no evidence is given in support. Pep wants/wanted him literally sounds like the kind of thing agents and mums say to the press to hype their player/son.

Last edited:

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I read somewhere here that he was a Woodward signing and that Jose had nothing to do with it. Can anyone confirm?

Hes seriously Bebe levels of bad
Apparently McKenna thought he was amazing. Don't know if he had any influence on his signing though.

SweetRightFoot

Constantly sideways passing and when he tries something else he fecks it up. He's got a shit touch to boot so can never beat a man unless he's got a head start running at them. Pretty much useless. Not clever enough to be a CM to be honest, it's painfully easy to see the passes he should be playing but I don't think he's got the confidence or concentration to pull them off.

Crashoutcassius

A rating of 7.25 over 8 matches is not world class. United should buy players to play in this league - the PL. The player needed to set Pogba free is called a DMC = defensive midfield centre. For example: Kante, Ndidi, Florentino Luís, ... It's a position. McTominay, Fred, Matic cannot play; which is why we have 2 of them playing there.

Fred's fan club keep saying this: "Pep wanted him". So I keep asking why did Pep not buy him? IMHO: saying Pep wanted him is the most boring excuse for Fred. Especially as no evidence is given in support. Pep wants/wanted him literally sounds like the kind of thing agents and mums say to the press to hype their player/son.
It was discussed at the time that city were looking at him. Nobody knows why pep didn't sign him, just like every other deal ever

Giflet

The true definition of a cowardly player. Has zero interest in helping get the ball forward, too worried he’ll lose possession. Instead gets the ball in acres of space and looks for the nearest sideways/backwards pass. Absolutely pointless having him on the pitch.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
:lol: £50m! Replaced Herrera...

moodyred

Needed someone to pass the ball backwards and sideways. He is doing well at that.

Course you did? And yes you said that when we signed him, didn't you?
Why are you defending him. He’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen represent the club. They you add on the fact that he cost £50+m.

Astonishing that you think it’s someone else’s fault for being crap, other than his. He has no good qualities, it’s nit as if he does some things well, and others badly. He’s bad at everything!

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

His positioning and his reaction in the goal we conceded was comedy gold. And i used to laugh at my Liverpool mates when they were expecting Jonjo Shelvey to save the day for them...