Why has Ronaldo's narcissistic nature been brushed over for a decade?

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Ridiculous thread title by someone who doesn’t know the man. The thread title could refer to half of my instagram list.
Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Glazers have burner accounts out there spewing this crap.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Exactly, when I first started reading this thread I was amazed.

Then I realized that the only reason people don’t have track of young Ronaldo is because you have to be extremely old to have seen like his first season. We aren’t talking about a group of teenagers here that are too young to know what they are talking about. If you are 35 y/o, you are probably too young…
Post of the year's sorted then.

NoLogo

It hasn't, at least not by me. Dude has always been a prick as far as I'm concerned, he just was our prick for a time, after he wasn't, I didn't have a problem shitting on the guy like everyone else did, that wasn't a fan of him.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Then I realized that the only reason people don’t have track of young Ronaldo is because you have to be extremely old to have seen like his first season. We aren’t talking about a group of teenagers here that are too young to know what they are talking about. If you are 35 y/o, you are probably too young…
What :lol:

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The problem is people only remember the most recent years and create their own narrative.

I’ve said it before but I don’t know another player who had all the attributes Ronaldo had all at once in his prime. Complete freak of the game, as if he was created in a lab.
He had everything besides total ball control but honestly his control was still pretty good. He tended to beat people with sheer pace and a couple of flicks rather than mazy runs like a Messi or (prime) hazard. One year he raced Usain Bolt to see who was faster but I don’t believe they ever announced a winner.

I think the oddest thing for me personally is that when he joined United Robben was better than him. But his development spike was just absurd. Doesn’t give him any right to be a prick though. You get more respect showing humility with talent and that’s why some people preferred Messi. He was quiet, at least on the media side. The more you push people to accept you the more people will push back.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Post of the year's sorted then.
I get people being 35 being too young to have watched Maradona but Ronaldo really? I grew up watching united in the 90's and became a supporter when I was 7.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
My opinion hasn't changed on Ronaldo- in fact this interview only strengthen what i already knew, which is he's a grade A+ cnut.

Man cries about basically everything, moans about how the Glazers haven't giving him a call like that's their duty, moans about Kitchen staffs being same like that is something he should focus on.

Not to drag this on but a Certain Karim Benzema was crowned Best in European football recently, man didn't think it was a good idea to send a player who contributed to some of his goals a well wish. Man throws current team mates under the bus by putting out outrageous claims, without any self awareness whatsoever, without considering if It's possible his mates down tooled because of the circus he brought to that Ole's dressing room, i mean Ole's team finished 3rd and 2nd before he arrived.

We can go on and on but no one here can deny that he's a Narcissist and if it isn't about him he throws his pram out in the air like a spoilt child would. Speaking of a child this week was suppose to be for the kid Granacho for all the right reasons but guess what the man child made sure it was about him again.

mshnsh

Well let’s just say I’ve joined this forum way longer than you do (since 2003) and have watched every single games of his since his debut, so I think I can form quite an honest opinion (at least from my perspective), even if you are not going to agree with that.

The fact that there are people posting his early footage and dribbling stats here in this thread, saying similar things of him, alone the lines of him being (one of) the most exciting player (dribbler) they have ever watched (during his early years), I’d say maybe we should agree to disagree on this one.
Dribbling stats https://www.skysports.com/football/...lific-but-his-role-has-changed-at-real-madrid

At his peak around 2 per game is not great dribbling by any measure, maybe, borderline decent. Add to that he was never an imaginative passer nor did he have great passing range. I'm not saying he was "just a poacher" but it is a lie to say he had great allround play.

If you consider his younger years, he was exciting in his debut season and a brainless footballer in subsequent 2 seasons. Remember the keepy ups on the halfway line vs Milan while United were losing? While at the same time failing to beat an aging Cafu throughout the game?

In 06/07. He was genuinely brilliant to watch and certainly better than Kaka who won the ballond'or. That season may not have had 50 goals but he had better allround play than he subsequently ever had.

07/08 through to his prime Madrid years, he was a goalscoring machine with decent allround play buy never elite.

His later years were about poaching. Ironically those were his most successful ones.

Gehrman

Dribbling stats https://www.skysports.com/football/...lific-but-his-role-has-changed-at-real-madrid

At his peak around 2 per game is not great dribbling by any measure, maybe, borderline decent. Add to that he was never an imaginative passer nor did he have great passing range. I'm not saying he was "just a poacher" but it is a lie to say he had great allround play.

If you consider his younger years, he was exciting in his debut season and a brainless footballer in subsequent 2 seasons. Remember the keepy ups on the halfway line vs Milan while United were losing? While at the same time failing to beat an aging Cafu throughout the game?

In 06/07. He was genuinely brilliant to watch and certainly better than Kaka who won the ballond'or. That season may not have had 50 goals but he had better allround play than he subsequently ever had.

07/08 through to his prime Madrid years, he was a goalscoring machine with decent allround play buy never elite.

His later years were about poaching. Ironically those were his most successful ones.
That's just attempted dribbles, not successful ones. Still his completed ones are decent
He's still one of the better of his generation and there isn't much point in dribbling for the sake of it. He was great at it at a point just not head and shoulders above anyone bar Messi. I think he did a good job at balancing his game. At his peak he scored goals galore and could still beat players just not as well as the greatest. However since his main role was to score and not create which is traditional role of a winger, I think he played his cards intelligenty.

mshnsh

That's just attempted dribbles, not successful ones. Still his completed ones are decent
He's still one of the better of his generation and there isn't much point in dribbling for the sake of it. He was great at it at a point just not head and shoulders above anyone bar Messi. I think he did a good job at balancing his game. At his peak he scored goals galore and could still beat players just not as well as the greatest. However since his main role was to score and not create which is traditional role of a winger, I think he played his cards intelligenty.
Yep. My bad.

KeanoMagicHat

What are you on about, anyone from 26/27 or older could have seen his first few seasons for United.

RunTheTrap

Supports
Arsenal
Because too many people conflate petulance or narcissistic behaviour is with successful people as a “winning” or “champion” mentality. It’s same the thing that you see with the tortured artist or the misunderstood genius. Too often we excuse this type of behaviour because we believe it’s a driving force to their success. When they are no longer fit for the pedastal that society puts them on, we are more open to calling them out on their bad behaviour. See Kanye Weet or Conor McGregor.
If Ronaldo as washed as he is now, people wouldn’t call him out. It’s a shame, but that is human nature.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
a lot of rubbish is spouted about ronaldo. listen to those with any personal anecdotes of the man and it paints a different story.

in between both national lockdowns, i managed to sneak in a haircut. the queue of dishevelled men snaked around the corner as we waited to go in two at a time. hours passed by until it was finally my turn. detailing the ‘sick mohawk like that one off cobra kai’ i sat down as the barber composed himself. just as he was about to take the first cut a huge commotion came from outside.

people were shouting and soon the doors flung open, four burly men entered, all without masks, followed by a certain cristiano ronaldo. he clicked his fingers at me and i was ejected from my seat by three of them. ronaldo sat down and whispered something to one of his henchmen. it was relayed to the barber who then took no more than three snips at the back of ronaldo’s head before ronaldo leapt up. as the barber began to sweep up the 20 odd strands of hair that had fallen from ronaldo’s head, ronaldo demanded to know what the barber was going to do with them. he explained how he was so worried that they may be sold on ebay that he’d have no choice but to ensure the barber ate every last strand.

that’s when i found out my kink. watching a teary man, forced to his knees, and force fed strands of greasy, ‘just for men’d’ hair by 4 maskless brutes.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
a lot of rubbish is spouted about ronaldo. listen to those with any personal anecdotes of the man and it paints a different story.

in between both national lockdowns, i managed to sneak in a haircut. the queue of dishevelled men snaked around the corner as we waited to go in two at a time. hours passed by until it was finally my turn. detailing the ‘sick mohawk like that one off cobra kai’ i sat down as the barber composed himself. just as he was about to take the first cut a huge commotion came from outside.

people were shouting and soon the doors flung open, four burly men entered, all without masks, followed by a certain cristiano ronaldo. he clicked his fingers at me and i was ejected from my seat by three of them. ronaldo sat down and whispered something to one of his henchmen. it was relayed to the barber who then took no more than three snips at the back of ronaldo’s head before ronaldo leapt up. as the barber began to sweep up the 20 odd strands of hair that had fallen from ronaldo’s head, ronaldo demanded to know what the barber was going to do with them. he explained how he was so worried that they may be sold on ebay that he’d have no choice but to ensure the barber ate every last strand.

that’s when i found out my kink. watching a teary man, forced to his knees, and force fed strands of greasy, ‘just for men’d’ hair by 4 maskless brutes.
:lol:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I get people being 35 being too young to have watched Maradona but Ronaldo really? I grew up watching united in the 90's and became a supporter when I was 7.
Haha, 35 was a “slight” exaggeration, but at the same time — can someone who is 27 y/o provide a good scouting report of something they saw when they were 10 y/o?

I can only speak for my self. Saw the 1990 World Cup when I was 10 y/o, i remember “it”, bits and pieces. But come on, besides the odd highlight reel I’ve seen afterwards I can’t recall any specifics.

Perhaps 30 is a better number. ;)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Haha, 35 was a “slight exaggeration, but at the same time — can someone who is 27 y/o provide a good scouting report of something they saw when they were 10 y/o?

I can only speak for my self. Saw the 1990 World Cup when I was 10 y/o, i remember “it”, bits and pieces. But come on, besides the odd highlight reel I’ve seen afterwards I can’t recall any specifics.

People have access to full games of the mid 2000. So yes nearly anyone including current teenagers can give a good scouting report of Ronaldo between 2002 and 2009.

NoLogo

:lol:

That would make for a great copypasta. :D

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
People have access to full games of the mid 2000. So yes nearly anyone including current teenagers can give a good scouting report of Ronaldo between 2002 and 2009.
Read the thread, far from everyone have watched a Ronaldo younger than 30. There are literary ‘he was never a good dribbler’ claims. ‘He has always been just a poacher’.

Perhaps I should have written something like ‘you cannot assume that anyone younger than 30 even have seen and remembers a young Ronaldo’.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Read the thread, far from everyone have watched a Ronaldo younger than 30. There are literary ‘he was never a good dribbler’ claims. ‘He has always been just a poacher’.
I said anyone can, not everyone has. You made the silly point that people in their 30s are too young to have seen Ronaldo and then asked whether someone that is 27 could provide a good scouting report about games that he saw when he was 10 years old. The answer is yes, because those games are still available today.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Apparently the stats you've posted is incomplete. His dribbling peak was way earlier than 09/10, unfortunately there's not much official stats we have during that time, so we could only discuss from memory and from his early footage.

Anyway I never imply he is nearly anywhere as good as Messi or other all time greats in dribbling (Maradona, George Best, L.Ronaldo etc) at any point of his career, If I am going to give a rating to describe, Messi was like an A+ in dribbling for most part of his career, he is simply GOAT in dribbling, while Ronaldo was like an A or A- in dribbling during his early years (elite dribbler among his generation), and slowly went down to B+ and to B- over the years. But apparently he wasn't only about dribbling, he has far too many other weapons in his pockets which I highly admire.

03-06: Dribbling peak. Lots of steps over and showboating and frustrating at times I know, but he was also the most electrifying/exciting dribbler I've ever watched during that period, and I really mean it. See the date when I first joined cafe with my username, its on 2003, which further proves my honesty on this.
(A in dribbling, C+ in goalscoring, B- in performance, C+ in big game impact, A in entertainment, C- in efficiency)

06-10: He was genuinely brilliant to watch, combining skills with goals, entertainment with end products. Especially during 06-08. Unfortunately he suffered from his first injury in 2010, which I always thought is the key moment where he first started to trim down his dribbling play and start changing his game from entertaining play to efficient play, which also coincidence with his declining dribbling stats (around 2-2.5) in the following seasons.
(A- in dribbling, A- in goalscoring, A in performance, B+ in big game impact, A in entertainment, B in efficiency)

10-15: This is actually the version I like most. The most all rounded/efficient version, while he also reaches his physical/performance peak too. He does trim down his dibbling/entertaining play and focus more on his goalscoring/being efficient on pitch. But he is not only about goalscoring, more like an all action attacking player with all kinds of weapons in his pockets, with combination of pace, stamina, strength, tricks, movement, finish, long range shooting, knuckle ball freekicks, heading, drive, determination, hunger for goals. I've never seen a player with more drive than him, he seems to have the ability to single-handedly drive his team forward with his sheer determination and all action attacking play. And he is also the best counter attack player I've ever seen too.
(B+ in dribbling, A+ in goalscoring, A in performance, A- in big game impact, B+ in entertainment, A in efficiency)

15-21: This is period where most people would remember him of, as this is during the most successful/memorable period of his career, achieving unprecedented 3-peat in CL and winning the first ever major trophy for his country, and breaking all kinds of records. At one point he even level with Messi on Ballon D'or wins by 5-5. However this is also the period where he has turned himself into a poacher - relying heavily from the supply of his teammates to score goals, while maintaining the impressive goalscoring rate. He also tend to score more crucial/clutch/decisive goals during that period too. Stat wise he is still the best, performance wise he is no longer same level as Messi. But he is more impactful and successful than anyone else.
(B- in dribbling, A in goalscoring, B in performance, A+ in big game impact, C+ in entertainment, A+ in efficiency)

Last edited:

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Am I allowed to contribute? I'm (almost) 32 years old.

When Ronaldo signed for Juventus, he easily took over free kick duties from Pjanic and Dybala, who between themselves guaranteed five goals per season at least. He scored once in three years as far as I can recall.

So, it's not like his contribution was always to the benefit of the team. Most of it obviously was, but it never mattered to him, it was just sort of byproduct that came along with making Ronaldo great.

What I never understood is why his teammates put up with it. Actually, putting up is one thing, but constantly reiterating how great professional, teammate etc. he is, was ridiculous.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's an emotional person. Board and coach knew that and let the player blow himself up. Could and should have been handled differently. There are no winners here.

Calling or referencing towards Rooney as a rat was uncalled for. Apart from that i can live with the rest. He seems like a good guy (family, wants to help young people out and so on) but he's gotta go now. Still, wish him the best. Fingers crossed he works on his English, though. If it were me talking like that in middle school, i'd get a good slap from the teacher. :nervous:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Because he was the world's best player
It's remarkable that the "world's best player" only won two league titles in a nine year period at arguably the world's biggest club.

Even more remarkable is the continued success they've enjoyed in his absence like winning as many league titles in the last three seasons as they had with the 'world's best player in nine seasons.

Also very strange that another player at the same time won more Ballon d'Or's than he did.

It's almost like he wasn't the 'world's best player' at all.

Newtonius

Ultimately people like winners, you can get away with anything if you are successful at what you do.

Longlivekeano

Criticism was there from the start in early 2000. Just couched different in English media as “one-trick pony”, “diver”.

In Madrid, the narrative shifted to that of power-hungry, arguements with coaches and other captain.

So it was always there, just manifested in different ways at different clubs

KeanoMagicHat

Haha, 35 was a “slight” exaggeration, but at the same time — can someone who is 27 y/o provide a good scouting report of something they saw when they were 10 y/o?

I was a complete football nerd as a kid, watched and read more than I even do now, but I'd be able to recall the performances and styles of a lot of players when I was 10 years old.

Anyway, the change of style of Ronaldo during his career is one of the most extreme in the history of great players. It's like he was on a weighing scales of style vs substance:

In the early 2000s it was like 90 stylish build-up/10 substance and end product (he was heavily criticised for being a show pony)
My favourite season to watch of his was 06/07 - about 60/40 in favour of style.
Last few years at United and first year or two at Real Madrid - probably the ideal 50/50 style and substance, a complete player
Most successful years at Real Madrid - goalscoring machine but 30/70
End of Madrid, Juventus years - 25/75, entirely focused on impacting matches on moments
Last few United years - gone full circle, 10/90, completely stripped down his game of anything that he deems not to be decisive (no dribbling/pressing/anything out of the ordinary out of the box, only the chance to score)

The most successful Ronaldo, that brought him into the best player of his generation discussion, was a substance over style player. His best year was 2017, brilliant in the Champions League but might as well have been a pure striker for it, way more Gerd Muller than Luis Figo. So ultimately Ronaldo will be remembered more for being a poacher and goalscorer than being a great creator and dribbler. And you can't blame people for perceiving it that way. Ronaldo has encouraged it by constantly talking about and focusing on scoring goals and nothing else.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
He was always quite heavily ridiculed in Germany. Up until "he" won multiple CL and the Euro with Portugal when it completely shifted towards extreme respect. Funnily it was the exact opposite with Messi who only later in his career became the money-leeching, tax avoiding past-it footballer instead of the shy genius. A bit hyperbole of course.

KeanoMagicHat

He was always quite heavily ridiculed in Germany. Up until "he" won multiple CL and the Euro with Portugal when it completely shifted towards extreme respect. Funnily it was the exact opposite with Messi who only later in his career became the money-leeching, tax avoiding past-it footballer instead of the shy genius. A bit hyperbole of course.
I've always felt there has been plenty of false equivalence created between Messi and Ronaldo to make them seem equal. Ronaldo has exposed himself this season as the prick that he is beyond doubt.

Tyrion

Because he was great at football. Being really good at sport means you're enabled and encouraged to do whatever you want. When that stops, you're treated differently. It's why so many ex pros struggle.

I remember his first stint at United and I'm 1993. Granted, its a little hazy but I remember it.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I've always felt there has been plenty of false equivalence created between Messi and Ronaldo to make them seem equal. Ronaldo has exposed himself this season as the prick that he is beyond doubt.
I wasn't talking from my personal view but the broader impression I got at the times from others. If anything I always thought their public images were manufactured to be quite oppositional (baseline being they both are challenging the absolute goat status) so that a nice black/white narrative could be sold. Over the years that got heavily muddier. Messi didn't look like a 14yo anymore but had dyed hair and tats, uncanny Cristiano didn't age apparently, Barca on the decline, Real won a lot...rape allegations, taxes, transfer dramas, obscene wages, hundreds of millions of "followers".

I actually still like to see them on the pitch in theory, in the correct setting that would be, as they are still elite football pros albeit very specific ones but I'm also glad those figures would never even think about joining the club I like most because it wouldn't feel right at all.

Waynne

He's an emotional person. Board and coach knew that and let the player blow himself up. Could and should have been handled differently. There are no winners here.

Calling or referencing towards Rooney as a rat was uncalled for. Apart from that i can live with the rest. He seems like a good guy (family, wants to help young people out and so on) but he's gotta go now. Still, wish him the best. Fingers crossed he works on his English, though. If it were me talking like that in middle school, i'd get a good slap from the teacher. :nervous:
We should get Ronaldo to make a few jokes about Jada's bald head. He'd be speaking high level English in no time.

Zippycup

It's remarkable that the "world's best player" only won two league titles in a nine year period at arguably the world's biggest club.

Even more remarkable is the continued success they've enjoyed in his absence like winning as many league titles in the last three seasons as they had with the 'world's best player in nine seasons.

Also very strange that another player at the same time won more Ballon d'Or's than he did.

It's almost like he wasn't the 'world's best player' at all.
Let’s not get silly.
For many, Ronaldo will go down as the world’s best ever player. It’s an opinion and not a fact, therefore the discussion about who is the best ever will always be moot.
He was an incredible player, simply incredible.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Am I allowed to contribute? I'm (almost) 32 years old.

When Ronaldo signed for Juventus, he easily took over free kick duties from Pjanic and Dybala, who between themselves guaranteed five goals per season at least. He scored once in three years as far as I can recall.

So, it's not like his contribution was always to the benefit of the team. Most of it obviously was, but it never mattered to him, it was just sort of byproduct that came along with making Ronaldo great.

What I never understood is why his teammates put up with it. Actually, putting up is one thing, but constantly reiterating how great professional, teammate etc. he is, was ridiculous.
That's why I always laughed at the BS that he is a great leader, a great leader would put team's interests over his interests first, the guy has always been a 1st class attention seeker. People has long confused his field antics with leadership etc.

mshnsh

Apparently the stats you've posted is incomplete. His dribbling peak was way earlier than 09/10, unfortunately there's not much official stats we have during that time, so we could only discuss from memory and from his early footage.

Anyway I never imply he is nearly anywhere as good as Messi or other all time greats in dribbling (Maradona, George Best, L.Ronaldo etc) at any point of his career, If I am going to give a rating to describe, Messi was like an A+ in dribbling for most part of his career, he is simply GOAT in dribbling, while Ronaldo was like an A or A- in dribbling during his early years (elite dribbler among his generation), and slowly went down to B+ and to B- over the years. But apparently he wasn't only about dribbling, he has far too many other weapons in his pockets which I highly admire.

03-06: Dribbling peak. Lots of steps over and showboating and frustrating at times I know, but he was also the most electrifying/exciting dribbler I've ever watched during that period, and I really mean it. See the date when I first joined cafe with my username, its on 2003, which further proves my honesty on this.
(A in dribbling, C+ in goalscoring, B- in performance, C+ in big game impact, A in entertainment, C- in efficiency)

06-10: He was genuinely brilliant to watch, combining skills with goals, entertainment with end products. Especially during 06-08. Unfortunately he suffered from his first injury in 2010, which I always thought is the key moment where he first started to trim down his dribbling play and start changing his game from entertaining play to efficient play, which also coincidence with his declining dribbling stats (around 2-2.5) in the following seasons.
(A- in dribbling, A- in goalscoring, A in performance, B+ in big game impact, A in entertainment, B in efficiency)

10-15: This is actually the version I like most. The most all rounded/efficient version, while he also reaches his physical/performance peak too. He does trim down his dibbling/entertaining play and focus more on his goalscoring/being efficient on pitch. But he is not only about goalscoring, more like an all action attacking player with all kinds of weapons in his pockets, with combination of pace, stamina, strength, tricks, movement, finish, long range shooting, knuckle ball freekicks, heading, drive, determination, hunger for goals. I've never seen a player with more drive than him, he seems to have the ability to single-handedly drive his team forward with his sheer determination and all action attacking play. And he is also the best counter attack player I've ever seen too.
(B+ in dribbling, A+ in goalscoring, A in performance, A- in big game impact, B+ in entertainment, A in efficiency)

15-21: This is period where most people would remember him of, as this is during the most successful/memorable period of his career, achieving unprecedented 3-peat in CL and winning the first ever major trophy for his country, and breaking all kinds of records. At one point he even level with Messi on Ballon D'or wins by 5-5. However this is also the period where he has turned himself into a poacher - relying heavily from the supply of his teammates to score goals, while maintaining the impressive goalscoring rate. He also tend to score more crucial/clutch/decisive goals during that period too. Stat wise he is still the best, performance wise he is no longer same level as Messi. But he is more impactful and successful than anyone else.
(B- in dribbling, A in goalscoring, B in performance, A+ in big game impact, C+ in entertainment, A+ in efficiency)
If you were take away goals from Ronaldo's play (during his peak years) he would not be in the bpitw conversation because the other aspects of his game (dribbling, playmaking) were good but not outstanding. On the other side are attacking players like Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Zidane (mainly in big games) who weren't anywhere near prolific but their allround play was so good that they could influence the entire game in the final third. Messi combined goals with outstanding allround play.

In anycase, it'd be foolish not to consider Ronaldo one of the games greatest ever since goals matter the most. And if you add longevity, success and quite a good level of play during his peak, its a no brainer.

His character has always been shite though.

Gehrman

I wasn't talking from my personal view but the broader impression I got at the times from others. If anything I always thought their public images were manufactured to be quite oppositional (baseline being they both are challenging the absolute goat status) so that a nice black/white narrative could be sold. Over the years that got heavily muddier. Messi didn't look like a 14yo anymore but had dyed hair and tats, uncanny Cristiano didn't age apparently, Barca on the decline, Real won a lot...rape allegations, taxes, transfer dramas, obscene wages, hundreds of millions of "followers".

I actually still like to see them on the pitch in theory, in the correct setting that would be, as they are still elite football pros albeit very specific ones but I'm also glad those figures would never even think about joining the club I like most because it wouldn't feel right at all.
I don't think their personas were manufactured. They just have very different personalities. I don't really give a feck about pictures of Messi cleaning is own boots, but he's an introvert while Ronnie is a attention seeking extrovert. No doubt they both have big egos, its impossible not to in those circumstances.

Poborksy96

I've never liked the man, but loved the player when he played in red. Narcissists are often high achievers because they don't care about others needs or opinions. It's self preservation and personal glory that counts most to them.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Dennis = Ronaldo
Charlie = Piers
Dee = almost everyone else
Philadelphia = Manchester