Why the heck #OLEOUT is trending again?

lysglimt

Scout
I have one simple question - if we had a Lewandowski/Haaland player up front - and a player almost as good as VVD in central defence - would anyone question that we have a team good enough to win the league ? We realistically need 2 more players - and we have a team that can match every other club in the league.

If the board backs him to get 2-3 quality players in - we will fight for the title.

Roboc7

Under Ole, we've had two periods of 2-3 months where we were getting good results. Outside of those two windows of time, we've been very poor and practically never dominated any team, even relegation candidates or recently promoted clubs. And in the latter of those two windows (the end of 2020), we were getting results but had many questionable performances where Bruno carried the team almost every week. We got points but weren't convincing at all.

We're approaching the end of his second full season, and aside from Bruno having a great start at the club, I don't think we look significantly better. As soon as Bruno's form began to dip, we were right back to inexcusable disasters like losing at home to a team that had yet to win a game this season. Bruno hitting the form of his life and Pogba entering his wantaway self-advertisement phase masked a lot of the problems that Ole has completely failed to fix.
I agree, for me Ole has failed to break the cycle of caution and/or pragmatism adopted by Moyes, LVG and Jose. No attempt to address the lack of movement when we have the ball and too passive off the ball.

Problem is now it’s a big leap to go from Ole to Nagelsman or someone similar so when Ole goes we’ll probably just continue on this path.

Big concern as well is I am not convinced if we fail to finish in top 4 Ole gets the sack but goes into next season on the brink. Combination of everyone probably thinking we are going to finish top 4 and the pandemic could give Ole a one off free pass.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I have one simple question - if we had a Lewandowski/Haaland player up front - and a player almost as good as VVD in central defence - would anyone question that we have a team good enough to win the league ? We realistically need 2 more players - and we have a team that can match every other club in the league.

If the board backs him to get 2-3 quality players in - we will fight for the title.
Easy task, we just need to sign 2 players who're probably among the top 10 players in world football right now to be good enough to win the league. Strange how the solution for Ole's problems always seem to boil down to getting better players despite us looking lost on the pitch on most weeks.

Meanwhile teams with supposed lousier talents are matching us for points but nope, lack of quality players in our squad is clearly the answer.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I mean, this is an odd premise. If it was so easy to just add two players to your team and have them be the best in class of their generation/age group, any manager would be able to challenge. But that's not how it works. You usually don't end up getting in the very best CF talent in the game, or arguable the 2nd best CF of his generation. If we can't add a CF that good should we just give up? If we dont get a VVD should we give up? City have neither a CF that good (Aguero is missing forever) and neither a CB of that level. Heck, they havent even had KDB and Rodri, Fernandinho's replacement looked awful last season. But they're running away with the league. Because the collective is brilliant. They defend well as a unit, Foden and Gundogan have more than made up for KDB and tactically they set up well enough to make up for no Aguero.

Klopp too didn't buy a Lewandowski or Mbappe/Halaand level talent. He added Salah and Mane who were promising and doubtful players respectively and took them to new heights.

But with us, we apparently need the very best there is, because "look what others have". Of course I'd be elated if we do, but if we can't then we have to look at excellent alternatives that may not be as obvious, or elevate what we have to new heights.

Fosu-Mens

There is more to a team than just putting 11 good players on the pitch. While simplified, this is the main reason, IMO, OGS and his coaching team are not going to take us anywhere close to City...

While I do understand that sacking OGS, if he gets top 4, is not a realistic action to take nor a fair one based on results in the league, we will not close the gap with City with our current manager and coaching staff. After two years, one should be able to see some type of plan on how to press as a team, progress the ball without taking high risk passes, how to play against a low block etc. And I think that blaming the lack of quality players is somewhat farfetched with the amount spent on transfers.

Idxomer

Well, he wasted his chance of getting someone near VVD's level after buying Maguire and making him his captain.

Roboc7

The board backed him to buy a VVD but he chose Maguire, which means buying another defender and less money to spend elsewhere. That’s reality rather than these pie in the sky scenarios.

If we had those two players next season I still don’t think we’d win the league because our manager isn’t good enough. Arguably the best CF and CB in Europe improves any team but how much by depends on a lot of different factors.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The board backed him to buy a VVD but he chose Maguire, which means buying another defender and less money to spend elsewhere. That’s reality rather than these pie in the sky scenarios.

If we had those two players next season I still don’t think we’d win the league because our manager isn’t good enough. Arguably the best CF and CB in Europe improves any team but how much by depends on a lot of different factors.
Yep. Vvd and maguire are both similarly priced. Both have the same profile (mid table players by then).

I have a feeling ole doesnt have a wide range of footballing network. He tends to just pick the easy target everybody knows. Maguire, awb are all flavor of the season defender

RumHam

I mean, this is an odd premise. If it was so easy to just add two players to your team and have them be the best in class of their generation/age group, any manager would be able to challenge. But that's not how it works. You usually don't end up getting in the very best CF talent in the game, or arguable the 2nd best CF of his generation. If we can't add a CF that good should we just give up? If we dont get a VVD should we give up? City have neither a CF that good (Aguero is missing forever) and neither a CB of that level. Heck, they havent even had KDB and Rodri, Fernandinho's replacement looked awful last season. But they're running away with the league. Because the collective is brilliant. They defend well as a unit, Foden and Gundogan have more than made up for KDB and tactically they set up well enough to make up for no Aguero.

Klopp too didn't buy a Lewandowski or Mbappe/Halaand level talent. He added Salah and Mane who were promising and doubtful players respectively and took them to new heights.

But with us, we apparently need the very best there is, because "look what others have". Of course I'd be elated if we do, but if we can't then we have to look at excellent alternatives that may not be as obvious, or elevate what we have to new heights.
the point about City is well off for me, they've spent hundreds of millions on defenders many of which have failed and have finally seemingly found a combination that is working with Dias, Stone and Cancello (though they've got to prove this for the rest of the season).

In attack they just have much more depth than we do at the moment to play either three behind Jesus or no striker at all in Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, B Silva, Torres, De-Bruyne and now even Gundogan! We've got Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno with the backups of James, Mata and Lingard so if Martial / Rashford so there is always such pressure on Martial and Rashford to perform and when they don't we're poor. Unfortunately, Martial is having a terrible season and until recently Greenwood was really struggling so Rashford and Bruno have been our only really consistent performers in this role (the stick Rashford gets because of this is ridiculous).

Lets pray Amad can contribute in the rest of the season.

stepic

it's probably because:

- we are an awfully coached team
- rashford and martial are a problem
- our defence - has it actually been fixed?
- our attack - is it good enough?
- not in the race?
- no right winger

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Very well articulated. Great managers build great squads, they just don't buy extraordinary teams.
Klopp is even an extreme case. Lets look at the manager we all like to mock, Guardiola.
Yes he bought some good players. But the reason they have achieved what they have done is because he has taken those good players' performances to excellent levels. You can't just keep buying and buying till you have the best squad in the world. No team has that luxury.
I don't know at what point the squad becomes Ole's but you have to label the squad as his at some point. You can't wait for him to buy an entire new XI.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Because he’s not a very good manger? He owes his job over the past year to Bruno according to most fans. If I’m honest, I’m shocked it wasn’t trending sooner.
Klopp owe's his job to VVD it seems then.

You could argue he relies on Mane/Salah too.

This narrative that Ole relies on Bruno is a joke. He has improved the whole team and that is clear to see. Shaw, McTominay, Rashford (he's in poor form atm though), Fred have all improved under Ole. To say he cannot coach is preposterous.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
the point about City is well off for me, they've spent hundreds of millions on defenders many of which have failed and have finally seemingly found a combination that is working with Dias, Stone and Cancello (though they've got to prove this for the rest of the season).

In attack they just have much more depth than we do at the moment to play either three behind Jesus or no striker at all in Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, B Silva, Torres, De-Bruyne and now even Gundogan! We've got Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno with the backups of James, Mata and Lingard so if Martial / Rashford so there is always such pressure on Martial and Rashford to perform and when they don't we're poor. Unfortunately, Martial is having a terrible season and until recently Greenwood was really struggling so Rashford and Bruno have been our only really consistent performers in this role (the stick Rashford gets because of this is ridiculous).

Lets pray Amad can contribute in the rest of the season.
They've spent a lot. But that doesn't mean one ignores the excellent coaching as it would be a case of missing the deeper point. Stones, Foden, Gundogan, no number 9, the maligned Rodri and Zinchenko are part of a record setting run.

Or let's take Atletico Madrid this season. 50 points in 20 games or so.

Top class managers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
it's probably because:

- we are an awfully coached team
- rashford and martial are a problem
- our defence - has it actually been fixed?
- our attack - is it good enough?
- not in the race?
- no right winger
Awfully coached team that happens to be 2nd out of 92 professional football clubs in the country.

This is where Ole outers show themselves up. We are clearly not awfully coached if we are 2nd in the league are we? You don't get any prizes for 2nd obviously but you also don't get to finish 3rd and then be second in February the following season without coaching.

jackal&hyde

If only we had another couple of Bruno players who could carry the load. I fear that if we dont get them in, because they are not at the club at the moment, then Bruno will start to get disillusioned here.
We are still second in the league. Too early to panic like that.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

So only another £200-300m required? What a manager we have! He's already got one £90m CB and multiple other to choose from. He decided to get rid of Smalling who was part of one of the best defences in the league not long ago.

To be honest I'm not even convinced signing those players would make us compete. There's just something fundamentally wrong with us. We should be getting better performances from the current team, instead we see slow sideways passing at the back and a lack of ideas in attack, where we have Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Van de Beek, Cavani etc. It's an absolute joke to be honest how people want to downplay the players we have now. I'd be expecting him to show something more with what we have before letting him pump another quarter billion into the team.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Easy task, we just need to sign 2 players who're probably among the top 10 players in world football right now to be good enough to win the league. Strange how the solution for Ole's problems always seem to boil down to getting better players despite us looking lost on the pitch on most weeks.

Meanwhile teams with supposed lousier talents are matching us for points but nope, lack of quality players in our squad is clearly the answer.
Just curious. If we sacked Ole today and appointed Nagelsmann or the manager of your choice, do you think he should just make do with what he got, no further recruitment nesscary?

This whole argument of "he got to spend x amount of money, and another manager spent y amount of money, therefore the thrid manager should get to spend z amount of money". Its just weird, its not like hes spending our money so i dont get why people get so wound up about it.

Also, the notion that each manager has a fixed amount of money to spend, and when he spent his pot he should achieve whatever is also weird. To put in context:
Inn: Bruno, Maguire, AWB, Telles, Cavani, James, DvB, Diallo, Pellestri
Out: Fellaini, Smalling, Lukaku, Darmian, Young, Herrera, Sanchez, Lindgard, Fosu-Mensa, Rojo
Net 210 million

The first three signings have played about every minute since they arrived and have been incredibly important for us. Telles is a decent back up and Cavani have been a good signing as well. James and DvB are pretty "meh" so far while Diallo and Pellestri are both exciting youngsters

Outgoings have all been either deadwood or unwanted here, and with little to no resale value. Still does not mean they dont need to be replaced

Klopp has signed 27 players in his time at Liverpool. Granted his net spend is really impressive, but thats mostly down to Barca being complete idiots and paying 140 million for Coutinho and Liverpool somehow managing to get decent fees for cloggers like Benteke, Allen and Sakho. Pep has spent over 500 million on just defenders and has a net spend of around 565 million total.

So hypothetical scenario: Nagelsmann takes over next season and Martial and De Gea keeps up their rotten form. Does he not deserve to get some new players or do we just keep throwing vague claims at him about "coaching" and "tactics"?

Edit: And i dont buy this whole notion that each manager needs to get "his players". Good players are good players. If suddenly Klopp took over us, its not like he was going to be completely clueless on how to use Bruno and Rashford and its not like De Gea suddenly was going to start being brave in the box

Last edited:

RumHam

They've spent a lot. But that doesn't mean one ignores the excellent coaching as it would be a case of missing the deeper point. Stones, Foden, Gundogan, no number 9, the maligned Rodri and Zinchenko are part of a record setting run.

Or let's take Atletico Madrid this season. 50 points in 20 games or so.

Top class managers.
Not ignoring or discounting the role of the managers/coaches but they're not comparable to where we are at under this manager, the context is not comparable. Both Pep and Simeone are working in much more stable environments, Pep has been at City almost five years (with the team built for him at least one season before he arrived), Simeone almost 10! Ole has been in the job for just over two full calendar years, picking up a chaotic squad / situation that needed huge work.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just curious. If we sacked Ole today and appointed Nagelsmann or the manager of your choice, do you think he should just make do with what he got, no further recruitment nesscary?

This whole argument of "he got to spend x amount of money, and another manager spent y amount of money, therefore the thrid manager should get to spend z amount of money". Its just weird, its not like hes spending our money so i dont get why people get so wound up about it.

Also, the notion that each manager has a fixed amount of money to spend, and when he spent his pot he should achieve whatever is also weird. To put in context:
Inn: Bruno, Maguire, AWB, Telles, Cavani, James, DvB, Diallo, Pellestri
Out: Fellaini, Smalling, Lukaku, Darmian, Young, Herrera, Sanchez, Lindgard, Fosu-Mensa, Rojo
Net 210 million

The first three signings have played about every minute since they arrived and have been incredibly important for us. Telles is a decent back up and Cavani have been a good signing as well. James and DvB are pretty "meh" so far while Diallo and Pellestri are both exciting youngsters

Outgoings have all been either deadwood or unwanted here, and with little to no resale value. Still does not mean they dont need to be replaced

Klopp has signed 27 players in his time at Liverpool. Granted his net spend is really impressive, but thats mostly down to Barca being complete idiots and paying 140 million for Coutinho and Liverpool somehow managing to get decent fees for cloggers like Benteke, Allen and Sakho. Pep has spent over 500 million on just defenders and has a net spend of around 565 million total.

So hypothetical scenario: Nagelsmann takes over next season and Martial and De Gea keeps up their rotten form. Does he not deserve to get some new players or do we just keep throwing vague claims at him about "coaching" and "tactics"?

Edit: And i dont buy this whole notion that each manager needs to get "his players". Good players are good players. If suddenly Klopp took over us, its not like he was going to be completely clueless on how to use Bruno and Rashford and its not like De Gea suddenly was going to start being brave in the box
A good manager would actually get players that fit his formation or build a formation that suits his players.

What we see from Ole is him getting in players for a style he insists on playing with or without the necessary players required. It's why we can go on a streak of wins when everything goes well and we shit the bed the moment a starting player gets injured/out of form.

That's the fundamental problem with Ole right there. The constant talk about needing better players is irrelevant when he's not even getting the best out of his existing players. Ole has the option of playing Greenwood and Henderson over Martial and De Gea, but sure we should just wait till the summer and sign an expensive replacement for them since new signings is always the solution.

Greck

"We're close, just need half a new defence, new strikers and half a new midfield worth of world class players to be ready to challenge in 2023".

The transfer list some people require us to challenge could buy a premier league club. If you need a ton of signings you're not particularly close

OrcaFat

When you make a thread like this you invite all the confused Ole outers to type out the same tired crap over and over.

So what if it’s trending? No-one with any sense cares. He’s here to stay for a very long time.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
When you make a thread like this you invite all the confused Ole outers to type out the same tired crap over and over.

So what if it’s trending? No-one with any sense cares. He’s here to stay for a very long time.
Wouldn't put a lot of money on that.. he's got one more year to really prove he can elevate us, otherwise the axe will be wielded by those above. That is with or without backing in the summer window.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A good manager would actually get players that fit his formation or build a formation that suits his players.

What we see from Ole is him getting in players for a style he insists on playing with or without the necessary players required. It's why we can go on a streak of wins when everything goes well and we shit the bed the moment a starting player gets injured/out of form.

That's the fundamental problem with Ole right there. The constant talk about needing better players is irrelevant when he's not even getting the best out of his existing players. Ole has the option of playing Greenwood and Henderson over Martial and De Gea, but sure we should just wait till the summer and sign an expensive replacement for them since new signings is always the solution.
But if we look away from the youngsters and the back up players (James, Telles) 4/5 of his signings have played very regularly and have been one of our more consistent performers. There is this myth going around on here that Maguire is a bad fit because he lacks pace, which is just rubbish imo. The most important attributes for a CB in a high line is strength, positioning and aerial dominance. Pace is nice, but if your CB's constantly end up in footraces with strikers who weigh 30 punds less than them, you are going to be in a lot of trouble. AWB is not the best offensive fullback in the world, but hes still only 23 and has plenty of room for growth. Brunos stats speak for themselves

Our recent bad run, the biggest culprits (according to the caf) have been DDG, Lindelof, Martial and Rashford. All of them was banged on to be in our "best XI" last year but have been pretty diabolocal lately and none of them signed by Ole.

DDG has regressed badly since his peak season in 17/18 and is now costing us points rather than gaining us. Lindelof is just not that talented and a bad fit for such a physical league. Martial? Who the feck knows whats up with him.

Also the claim that he should be "getting more out of x player" is based on what? Rashford and Martial right now can for sure do much better, but what other players have a higher ceiiling that Ole cant unlock? Van der Beek?

OrcaFat

Wouldn't put a lot of money on that.. he's got one more year to really prove he can elevate us, otherwise the axe will be wielded by those above. That is with or without backing in the summer window.
Don’t be daft, he’s got one more year on his current contract and that’s got nothing to do with proving anything. I dare say he will get a new better contract at the end of this season anyway.

As for elevating the team, he already did that but it is a side issue. Qualification for the CL will keep him here, most people realise that.

Polar

It’s been over a year but are we really back here? A few bad results and people who dare not criticise the manager are reverting to questioning whether the squad is better than fecking Leciester? :lol:

It’s always the same with some of you, drop to 8th and it’ll be “is our squad really better than West Ham & Everton when you analyse it”.

This kind of post is exactly what I meant @Bastian when I said the excuses will never stop, whatever happens it’ll be the squad, or Ed, or the Glazers.

Yes our squad is plenty better than Leicester ffs (and Spurs for that matter).
No problem.. We agree to disagree.

But why are you talking about 8th and start talking about ex West Ham.

The problem is you think I say this to defend Ole or assume I have some kind of intention.

I’m sincere when I assess our squad to not be significant better compared with the teams I mentioned. I don’t have a problem with your opposite conclusion, except it’s wrong :D

Seems like you are more biased in the fantastic Ole inn/out discussion (strong feelings). Recommend you to rise above the Ole inn/out discussion and not interpret everything in that context.

No problem.. We agree to disagree.

But why are you talking about 8th and start talking about ex West Ham.

The problem is you think I say this to defend Ole or assume I have some kind of intention.

I’m sincere when I assess our squad to not be significant better compared with the teams I mentioned. I don’t have a problem with your opposite conclusion, except it’s wrong :D

Seems like you are more biased in the fantastic Ole inn/out discussion (strong feelings). Recommend you to rise above the Ole inn/out discussion and not interpret everything in that context.
I'm not biased, in fact, I'm one of few here saying let's not make sweeping statements until we see where we are at the end of the season.

When your entire post is whataboutisms and strawmans to defend Ole from any criticism, it does kinda seem like you say this to defend Ole or have some kind of intention.

Last edited:

MU655

Awfully coached team that happens to be 2nd out of 92 professional football clubs in the country.

This is where Ole outers show themselves up. We are clearly not awfully coached if we are 2nd in the league are we? You don't get any prizes for 2nd obviously but you also don't get to finish 3rd and then be second in February the following season without coaching.
This is what I was getting at with my posts in another thread. Most of that is to do with Liverpool being poor than us being massively improved. They are on course to drop 35 points; we are on course to gain 6. That is in no way reflective on us being so improved that we managed to overcome the mighty Liverpool for second place.

Liverpool has given it up.

hobbers

The board are not going to go out and get a top centre back. Ole made his Maguire-shaped bed and he'll have to lie in it. A CB signing is going to be about getting someone affordable who will complement Maguire. And given our track record that almost certainly won't work out. If and when Ole does get sacked, I think signing off on £80m for Maguire and instantly making him captain will actually go down as his single biggest feck up.

As for Haaland, well. We already failed to get him once thanks to Raiola. Raiola is still his agent. If City or another title-competing side go for him why the feck would he even consider us?

OrcaFat

Keep on dreaming mate.
He’s already been here a lot longer than many people wanted. The sooner the people who want him sacked wake up and realise that they don’t set the bar, they don’t make the calls, they don’t have influence, the happier we’ll all be. CL qualification every year will be enough for our board. If you don’t think so, keep on dreaming yourself.

The Siege

Because we have 100s of millions of fans and there aren't that many people with common sense in the world.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Manchester United is the only team in the world where manager will only be judged when they get his own starting XI

Any other team in the world judges their manager at their first year, barcelona/bayern/madrid etc won't tolerate this "need to rebuild" excuses. They're doing fine racking trophies after trophies regardless of who's the manager.

Even our own Caf aren't giving any other manager any benefit of "having to assemble his own XI before we judge him"

We are a special club

Infra-red

We're still a few weeks away from panic. Even though we only have 1 win in our last 5 games, we had built up a bit of a cushion on our top 4 rivals, which has kept us looking good in the table, even while we've looked dreadful on the pitch.

Chelsea were 11 points behind us when they sacked Lampard on 25 January. In the space of three weeks, that gap has been reduced to 4 points. The panic won't really begin to set in until we drop out of the top 4, which, looking at the fixtures, probably won't happen until either the 6th or the 13th of March.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He’s already been here a lot longer than many people wanted. The sooner the people who want him sacked wake up and realise that they don’t set the bar, they don’t make the calls, they don’t have influence, the happier we’ll all be. CL qualification every year will be enough for our board. If you don’t think so, keep on dreaming yourself.
CL qualification will get a lot harder next season if the other teams return to their normal levels. Don't take it for granted because this season, with Covid and injuries to certain teams has proved to be an anomaly. Yet we look like we'll still make a meal out of it yet.

OrcaFat

CL qualification will get a lot harder next season if the other teams return to their normal levels. Don't take it for granted because this season, with Covid and injuries to certain teams has proved to be an anomaly. Yet we look like we'll still make a meal out of it yet.
It is always hard to qualify for CL. COVID is not specific to a few teams and I’m pretty sure the use of COVID as an excuse would get laughed out of town. Injuries can affect anyone at any time.

If we do fail to qualify for CL I wouldn’t be surprised if Ole is sacked. The point is, he won’t be sacked for not winning the league or for losing to relegation fodder or not having patterns of play or not being the bastard child of Klopp and Pep’s mother.

He won’t be sacked for not maintaining the high standards of this once great club and presiding over a continuing lowering of expectations.

He won’t be sacked because some berk on the Caf thinks he’s a fraud, or for his demeanour, his in-game management, team selections, failure to develop players, lack of any distinguishable trait in common with “top” managers.

He’ll be sacked if he doesn’t win enough games to qualify for CL (as he should be).

wolvored

I'm not panicing just saying we need to match Bruno's ambition and quickly start winning the big trophies. We need another couple with the skillset, drive ambition and not frightened to bollock the other players.

Crustanoid

Manchester United is the only team in the world where manager will only be judged when they get his own starting XI

Any other team in the world judges their manager at their first year, barcelona/bayern/madrid etc won't tolerate this "need to rebuild" excuses. They're doing fine racking trophies after trophies regardless of who's the manager.

Even our own Caf aren't giving any other manager any benefit of "having to assemble his own XI before we judge him"

We are a special club
All of those clubs have owners and a culture of wanting to stay at the top.

We don’t.

Sacking Ole won’t change the culture of our club, won’t make the owners care about elevating us to win the top prizes and most likely will reverse the steady improvement we have seen in the past couple of years. Even if Ole isn’t the right person, cultural change is a better solution than sacking him at the moment.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Good post.

wolvored

The Ole out is trending again is because we all have eyes and we all watch the games. We are served the same players playing the same way and sometimes they win a few games and obviously the Ole out goes quiet, then with the same players playing the same way we lose or draw to the cannon fodder and start seeing the top team disappearing over the horizon again, so it gets more vocal. Is this on the players? Yes some if not all. Is it on the coaches? Yes they train them, but under the managers instruction. The fact that all but one are novices doesnt help.
Is it on Ole? Of course it is. He cant or wont change the style of play, the tactics or drop certain players for a while when they under perform week after week. He wont try other players and either cant or wont change his in game tactics or personnel at the right time. We have slipped from the crest of the wave and are heading for the trough. He has one easy on paper game coming up, then a tough one then a really hard one. If we are still 2nd after this I will be amazed.