Wigan Athletic vs. Manchester United

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
We need to scrape a victory here somehow, or this could be the beginning of a dip in form in the worst time possible.

If we win, the lads are going into the next 2 matches with much needed shot of confidence

K Stand Knut

Not as bad as some weeks have been.

Midfield is non-existent again, in similarity to the rest of this season. No support when we do get forward but looking fairly solid at the back. Smalling has been very, very good again.

Need the second goal or it is going to be a long 45 minutes

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
Same as usual away from home really, bar an absolutely wonderful goal completely out of keeping with the rest of our play. Its classic United away: VDS and CB's excellent, midfield no show, Rooney pointless, Nani our only real bit of class going forward, O'Shea hopeless in possession, Evra ok, Hernandez deadly.

The Hairdryer

Good solid away performance so far. Carrick, Fletch and Rooney having blinders so far.

Let's put em away in the first 10 minutes of the second half then get some lads off for a rest.

dan_alex

I get the feeling Fergie is giving the hairdryer treatment as I type. We really do need a kick up the arse if we are going to see this game through.

pauldyson1uk

He decided it was 2 minutes really early as well. The commentator on my stream said it after 42 minutes, so Clattenburg probably told the assistants five minutes before HT.

So he's decided 2 minutes extra time after 40 minutes, what happens then if someone gets injured on 42 minutes and is down for three? That's three minutes never played.
is it not the 4th official that decides what injury time there is ?

redwhiteblack

Rooney looks burnt out and out of sorts. Surprised he started today as he'll undoubtedly be the striker who plays 90 against Chelsea.

Berba on for Rooney and GET FLETCHER OFF THE RIGHT WING.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I wouldn't be at all bothered if Rooney misses some matches for that elbow. A hand full of moments and City goal aside, he's been largely irrelevant this season anyway. We're basically playing without him today as it is.

Neo_Mufc

Have the lead but our away form is still worrying. Have to win this game, need one more goal in the second half I think.

That was just Ok.

Nothing special but at least we're winning. Really need to sharpen up in the 2nd half though. Our attack isn't always on the same wavelength and that must be sorted. Rooney needs to fix up his touch and get more involved in front of goal. Nani needs to be more decisive as well. Apart from the assist he hasn't made the most of his opportunities. Otherwise everyone else just needs to switch to a higher gear and put this game to bed.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Not a bad 1st half performance from us in fairness, our defence & VdS who saved us twice as solid as ever, Rooney & some of his antics particularly there near the end are a bit embarrassing to say the least, either he gets the feck out of it or bring on Berbatov.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rooney looks frustrated, an all too common sight recently.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Rooney - pathetic.

Fingers crossed he's off in the summer.

Perforances aside (they're bad enough) - his head is all over the shop.

wade

I'm in the minority, but I'd say the midfield's done better today than in the past few games. I thought Carrick's played better than he did against Marseille, Fletcher's given us width, Scholes is Scholes, and Nani is the link to the forwards.

Aaron

Rooney looks frustrated, an all too common sight recently.
Yeah but he just needs to be told to calm down a bit. Nothing to bother with. Of all managers I can't imagine Fergie taking someone off at half time for being a bit feisty.

I think the system is okay but the shape seems a little narrow. I know its an unpopular move but Rooney on the left in a 4-5-1 to see how that works for the first fifteen minutes of the first half at least, is what I'd do.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Aside from Rooney, I think we haven't been that bad at all. Not surprised that the people are still moaning, Wigan have been good so far, playing nice football.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
what's with Rooney's bashing? Besides that elbow, he's tried hard to help in a game where our midfield has been non existent

Minkaro

is it not the 4th official that decides what injury time there is ?
The referee is the official timekeeper for the match, and may make an allowance for time lost through substitutions, injured players requiring attention, or other stoppages. This added time is commonly referred to as stoppage time or injury time, and is at the sole discretion of the referee. The referee alone signals the end of the match. In matches where a fourth official is appointed, toward the end of the half the referee signals how many minutes of stoppage time he intends to add.

(From Wikipedia, but I'm sure nobody's going to have joke edited that).

Aaron

Rooney has no respect for anything.
Where as Roy Keane was a bastion of discipline and respect.

The OTT comments are just a nonsense to be honest. He's had an anonymous first half and needs to be told to calm down a bit. That's all.

Scholesy

I'm in the minority, but I'd say the midfield's done better today than in the past few games. I thought Carrick's played better than he did against Marseille, Fletcher's given us width, Scholes is Scholes, and Nani is the link to the forwards.
I agree. It looked as if Carrick started the game ahead of Scholes which is wrong but Ferguson has changed it I think.

No Rafael is so frustrating.

Sam

I've genuinely had enough of Rooney now. Hopefully some club comes in with a stupid bid for him in the Summer.

His attitude is fecking pathetic and embarrassing.

Ekeke

Carrick has done alright at times but he needs to drop his habit of fannying about with the ball right in front of our defence and conceeding possession. If you're going to lose the ball, dont do it there