Wilfried Zaha

Copa Mundial

If he loves Palace so much why is he leaving?

He's a good player who went to the next level in the past 2 seasons since being used up front last season. He's not better than Rashford and Martial though and he plays the same positions
Just my opinion and probably not shared by many but I think Zaha is better than both Rashford and Martial.

His technique is vastly superior to Rashford's which is poor and his attitude is on another level when compared to Martial's.

Not saying Zaha is a worldie or worth £100m but I'd take him over those two all day long.

Ekeke

Just my opinion and probably not shared by many but I think Zaha is better than both Rashford and Martial.

His technique is vastly superior to Rashford's which is poor and his attitude is on another level when compared to Martial's.

Not saying Zaha is a worldie or worth £100m but I'd take him over those two all day long.
They both score more goals in less matches. Rashford gets more assists in less matches too. Zaha is more wasteful

Ekeke

Yeah, just the 6 penalties he won for Palace this year, tops in the PL.

And seriously look at the strikers he plays with. The number of chances he's created which the likes of Benteke, Townsend and Batshuayi waste is stunning.
Milivojevic and Townsend have the exact same key passes as Zaha, should we sign them too? He always wastes a lot of chances just like they have :lol: He has the 2nd most shots per game at Palace

stevoc

Theres a simple reason for that mate.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Zaha, not for me im afraid. Good close control but I see him more of the John O'Shea of the modern era, not an outstanding winger, inverted winger or CF but functional in all positions. Will score a few goals, grab a few winners but i'm not seeing him as a game changer when the chips are down to be honest.

AR87

Milivojevic and Townsend have the exact same key passes as Zaha, should we sign them too? He always wastes a lot of chances just like they have :lol: He has the 2nd most shots per game at Palace
Find where in this thread I've advocated signing Zaha. In fact I've done the exact opposite. Do try to follow along.

And seriously? Key passes? Watch a match and tell me you think Milivojevic or Townsend is anywhere near the creative threat Zaha is.

Ekeke

Find where in this thread I've advocated signing Zaha. In fact I've done the exact opposite. Do try to follow along.

And seriously? Key passes? Watch a match and tell me you think Milivojevic or Townsend is anywhere near the creative threat Zaha is.
Key passes are passes that lead directly to shots. So yes they had just as many passes that led to shots as Zaha

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Zaha, not for me im afraid. Good close control but I see him more of the John O'Shea of the modern era, not an outstanding winger, inverted winger or CF but functional in all positions. Will score a few goals, grab a few winners but i'm not seeing him as a game changer when the chips are down to be honest.
Maybe not but hes an upgrade on literally anyone we have

Ekeke

They can be shots from anywhere. They don't tell you a single thing about the quality of the chance created. That's what xA is for.

Zaha xA - 5.40
Townsend xA - 3.70
Milivojevic xA - 3.39
Yes and shots can go in from anywhere. Creativity is creating chances to shoot

FujiVice

If he does come back to us, it certainly shows the character he has. Bombing once is bad, but to risk a second time takes balls.

Ironic if Fergie's last ever signing will end up being Ole's first, though.

Ekeke

It's creating good chances. One guy creates better ones, not just shit ones that count as a chance because Townsend fancies a go from 40 yards out.
So he wouldnt deserve credit if he spotted Townsend and played a pass between 2 players that Townsend smashes in from 40 yards?

AR87

So he wouldnt deserve credit if he spotted Townsend and played a pass between 2 players that Townsend smashes in from 40 yards?
Generally speaking if somebody is smashing home a goal from 40 yards out, the credit should go mostly to them because you have not created some high value opportunity for them. Plenty of work to be done after that point no matter how nice of a pass you've played to them in that area of the pitch.

Ekeke

Generally speaking if somebody is smashing home a goal from 40 yards out, the credit should go mostly to them because you have not created some high value opportunity for them. Plenty of work to be done after that point no matter how nice of a pass you've played to them in that area of the pitch.
Of course he would deserve plenty of credit for smashing it in from 40 yards, but he cant possibly have done so without someone creating the chance to do so. So the pass is just as important

AR87

Of course he would deserve plenty of credit for smashing it in from 40 yards, but he cant possibly have done so without someone creating the chance to do so. So the pass is just as important
So the pass Dalot played to Pereira when he scored that worldie against Southampton was just as important as Pereira's strike? Come on.

Ekeke

So the pass Dalot played to Pereira when he scored that worldie against Southampton was just as important as Pereira's strike? Come on.
No im not saying all of them. I'm saying you can't dismiss a good pass setting up a goal from range

Ekeke

Another thing to keep in mind about Zaha on top of the lack of productivity in the final third. He makes a lot of dribbles yes, but he's tackled almost as many times. He just takes a player on more than any other player in the league.

24 attempts more than Hazard last season

Some players are a lot more successful with it

Classical Mechanic

Zaha is 50/50 but look at Sterling and Salah. Impressive. Indicates they’re smarter at choosing their moments whereas Zaha and Hazard try it much more liberally.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Zaha is 50/50 but look at Sterling and Salah. Impressive. Indicates they’re smarter at choosing their moments whereas Zaha and Hazard try it much more liberally.
Salah and Sterling have 53% success rate which isn't very impressive. Hazard is always by far the better dribbler than anyone. He completes most number of dribbles and always at very impressive rate. It's 67% compared to 53% (sterling, Salah).

BlueHaze

Honestly at first I thought this would just be a waste of money but considering our options I have now changed my mind. We won't get Sancho or Pepe and considering our 25% sell on clause for Zaha why not just get him back? Double raid Palace and get both him and AWB in. We have the money and we could even offer players in return. Seen in the papers that Zaha would be open to the move as well.

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Interestingly Adama Traore has the most impressive dribbling stats per 90 minutes. He averages 6.5 successful dribbles compared to 1.6 unsuccessful attempts, a ratio just over 4:1. Hazard has the next best ratio with 2:1 for successful v unsuccessful dribbles per 90 minutes, which is very impressive given the minutes he played and the extra attention he receives from opposition.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Pereira's dribbling stats are damn impressive for a fullback. A higher % of successful vs unsuccessful than anyone bar Hazard (I think?) and he's attempted more dribbles than any other defender (and more than any attacking player at Manchester United). He's really caught the eye recently and we're in the market for a RB. What are his defensive stats like?

Paul_Scholes18

Pereira's dribbling stats are damn impressive for a fullback. A higher % of successful vs unsuccessful than anyone bar Hazard (I think?) and he's attempted more dribbles than any other defender (and more than any attacking player at Manchester United). He's really caught the eye recently and we're in the market for a RB. What are his defensive stats like?
Yeah he is an interesting player. Not as good at defending from what I have watched. Although Leicester looked solid near the end of the season against the bigger teams and he didn't let them down.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I watched them against Arsenal and City and thought he barely put a foot wrong.
Leicester has a very good team for next year, their full backs, CBs, midfield are good quality (assume they can keep Tielemans), Vardy is still playing at high level, and they have a good manager playing attacking football too. They only need to add a quality winger to replace Mahrez and a striker to be Vardy successor this summer to challenge for top 6.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You have to take into account he played right wing at the beginning of the season because he couldn’t be trusted defensively. Since Rodgers has come in, he seems to have improved this side. May be more with the style of play, puel was more defensive.

Paul_Scholes18

I watched them against Arsenal and City and thought he barely put a foot wrong.
Yeah he impressed against City mostly. Sterling didn't have it easy. Arsenal played so poor and got a man sent off so not sure you can judge his defending against them that much.

I didn't watch the 0-0 against Chelsea, but they got a clean sheet at least. Although if I remember correctly Hazard didn't start.

Bearded One

I look at this thread and I laugh at how people dismiss Zaha who has really come of age from his United days. This guy is on his way to becoming a top top player.

Close control, dribbling, power, ability to play accross the attacking line are some of the attributes he has in his locker. Kind of reminds me how everyone seemed to think Mane wasn't good for us when he was first linked to us.

Bearded One

Yeah he is an interesting player. Not as good at defending from what I have watched. Although Leicester looked solid near the end of the season against the bigger teams and he didn't let them down.
He is a top play and I even rate him higher than a Cancelo.

NoPace

Leicester has a very good team for next year, their full backs, CBs, midfield are good quality (assume they can keep Tielemans), Vardy is still playing at high level, and they have a good manager playing attacking football too. They only need to add a quality winger to replace Mahrez and a striker to be Vardy successor this summer to challenge for top 6.
They won't find a Mahrez at RW but Gray/Ghezzal were so poor that even an underwhelming bang average Prem RW about to enter his prime signing there like March from Brighton or Townsend from Palace would be a solid improvement.

I don't see why Tielemans would go back there though, probably can get a move to a bigger team.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
They won't find a Mahrez at RW but Gray/Ghezzal were so poor that even an underwhelming bang average Prem RW about to enter his prime signing there like March from Brighton or Townsend from Palace would be a solid improvement.

I don't see why Tielemans would go back there though, probably can get a move to a bigger team.
Imagine if Leicester has the money to sign both Tielemans and Ryan Fraser this summer.

Bojan11

Arsenal on the wind up again. £40m. He’s their best player and considering they just sold AWB for £50m and we get a percentage of the sale from Zaha, I doubt they’d let him go for less than £60m.

Suvvernmanc

Arsenal on the wind up again. £40m. He’s their best player and considering they just sold AWB for £50m and we get a percentage of the sale from Zaha, I doubt they’d let him go for less than £60m.
Haven't we got 20% coming our way from any fee.?

Palace will fleece any club who want Zaha. £40m? Your having a laugh Arsenal

SiRed

We should be all over this - as someone posted above - it has Mane written all over it.
Remember when eyebrows were raised when we signed Dwight Yorke, turns out he just needed the chance and this would be the same in my opinion.