Wilfried Zaha

ArjenIsM3

Palace would be crazy to accept anything less than 60m. They've got him tied down till 2023, he's their best player and they don't need the money.

Moriarty

We should be all over this - as someone posted above - it has Mane written all over it.
Remember when eyebrows were raised when we signed Dwight Yorke, turns out he just needed the chance and this would be the same in my opinion.
But would he come back to United? He's certainly good enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If players are going other way like 30m + 2 players, then we get only 7m .

Art Vandelay

We should be all over this - as someone posted above - it has Mane written all over it.
Remember when eyebrows were raised when we signed Dwight Yorke, turns out he just needed the chance and this would be the same in my opinion.
He had the chance and didn't take it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Arsenal are tight as feck.

£40,000,001 bid incoming

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's better than what we have by default. That's about it though.
Is he actually though? Martial scored the same amount as him in 7 less games, I don't think he'd be a drastic improvement on what we have, not for the money they'd want.

passing-wind

Don't think Zaha is comparable to Mane in any circumstance. Mane went to Liverpool and has gone up a level or two since. Zaha came (United) and although he wasn't given a proper opportunity to succeed, he's more of a large fish in a small pond given his influence at palace.

He's also clearly preferential to staying in London. Chelsea can't register new players, Spurs are stacked in wide attacking areas so Arsenal are the logical choice left.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is he actually though? Martial scored the same amount as him in 7 less games, I don't think he'd be a drastic improvement on what we have, not for the money they'd want.
I'm meant for RW. I wouldn't trade him for Martial as Martial has a much bigger ceiling that he's nowhere near currently - worth the risk for now.

Irrational.

£40 million :lol: what a pathetically miserly bid. We just paid £50 million for a defender FFS. Zaha will be worth up to double that.

If Zaha had no intention of staying, then why the feck did he sign a new four year deal less than a year ago? He signed a contract the year before too, IIRC.

He's a wee bit brainless. Palace hold all the cards and Arse are skint as feck with no assets they can include in any potential deal.

Zaha can moan and sulk all he likes, Palace can and should stay firm on this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm meant for RW. I wouldn't trade him for Martial as Martial has a much bigger ceiling that he's nowhere near currently - worth the risk for now.
Ah right, basically anyone would be an improvement on our RW :lol:

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
That bid is totally insulting considering we just sold a right-back for £50m and I hope we tell those muppets where to stick it. Instead I fear Wilf’s agents will do all he can to force the move and the situation will get really messy.

What a wonderful few days.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
:lol: Fecking Arsenal. They know Palace will lose 20% of the fee as well leaving them with 32 million for their star player in 2019.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That bid is totally insulting considering we just sold a right-back for £50m and I hope we tell those muppets where to stick it. Instead I fear Wilf’s agents will do all he can to force the move and the situation will get really messy.

What a wonderful few days.
Which is what's already happening

What would Palace's valuation be? Like you said you just got 50m for your RB so surely you'll be looking at at least double that if not more?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Unfortunately for Palace he seems like the kind of guy that might cause trouble or even stop training to force them into selling him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unfortunately for Palace he seems like the kind of guy that might cause trouble or even stop training to force them into selling him.
Sky are already saying he'll refuse to go back to training if the move doesn't happen

arnie_ni

Joke of an offer in the current climate. They'll be looking at least 60

Bojan11

Sky are already saying he'll refuse to go back to training if the move doesn't happen
Disgraceful if that happens considering Palace made him as a player and then picked him back up when things didn’t work out for him with us. Should have respect for the club. Yeah he wants to leave, but if Arsenal can’t afford to pay the going rate are they really the type of club he wants to join.

rotherham_red

I feel some sympathy for Zaha here tbh. He's given Palace his all since he went back (granted they've brought him through in the first place and gave him a second chance when he was damaged goods) but the price they've set on him is wildly unrealistic considering nobody in the CL even has him on their radar. And from Zaha's POV, he's just seen his teammate move when really, he should have been the one to move first considering his long service.

Kroenke's a cnut as well. He should be investing in the squad, or at least allowing them to spend their own resources rather than forcing them to penny pinch, especially since they make a packet and are financially self sustainable.

I'd hate for the relations between Zaha and Palace to break down considering everything that he and they have been through.

Bojan11

I feel some sympathy for Zaha here tbh. He's given Palace his all since he went back (granted they've brought him through in the first place and gave him a second chance when he was damaged goods) but the price they've set on him is wildly unrealistic considering nobody in the CL even has him on their radar. And from Zaha's POV, he's just seen his teammate move when really, he should have been the one to move first considering his long service.

Kroenke's a cnut as well. He should be investing in the squad, or at least allowing them to spend their own resources rather than forcing them to penny pinch, especially since they make a packet and are financially self sustainable.

I'd hate for the relations between Zaha and Palace to break down considering everything that he and they have been through.
How is the price unrealistic? It’s the going rate these days. Just Arsenal are being tight. They can afford to spend it but won’t because their owners are cnuts. We just bought a defender from Palace for 50m, so if we being realistic like you say then that means their best attacker will go for more because defenders for smaller teams are easier to replace than attacking players who can make the difference.

Tiber

I have zero sympathy. If he wants to leave Palace (again) he can't expect to do it for a transfer fee dramatically lower than market value. Especially since Palace have to give us a significant %

If Arsenal want him that badly then they will have to find more money

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We are certainly glad we got AWB done first.

Losing one star player is one thing, but losing a second could be the difference between going down and not.

If AWB went for 50m, there's no way in hell Zaha is going for even equal. Arsenal will have to pull a huge fee out of their ass here. And we'll for once benefit with that very hefty sell on. Although you should hope so with the miniscule fee we got first time round!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely not. After all he's a local lad, and you get the feeling he has a genuine affection for that team.
To throw that away would be horrible and ruin his legacy there.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
40 million isn’t really an insulting bid at all. He’s Palace’s best player but there’s a good chance that he’s much more suited to playing for a poorer side on the counter than for a bigger team. He’s not exactly set the world alight for Ivory Coast. Football really has gone mad that people think it’s a ludicrous bid.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
40 million isn’t really an insulting bid at all. He’s Palace’s best player but there’s a good chance that he’s much more suited to playing for a poorer side on the counter than for a bigger team. He’s not exactly set the world alight for Ivory Coast. Football really has gone mad that people think it’s a ludicrous bid.
Football has indeed gone mad, hence why it's a ridiculous bid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Honestly they don't need Zaha unless they're replacing Aubameyang.

Wouldn't be terrible business to be honest. We can buy Aubameyang for £70m as quoted, Arsenal if they pull off Zaha for £40m can pocket a profit towards a midfielder or centre back.

If they bought Zaha without selling attackers how would it work?

Zaha
Laca
Aubameyang
Iwobi
Mikhitaryan (this guy will probably bite the bullet).

Bojan11

They just sold a fullback for £50m or whatever.

He’s their best attacking player and it’s hard to replace them for team like Palace. He’s the difference between staying in the prem and relegation. So yes £40m is ridiculous. They don’t need the £40m when staying in the prem is worth more than that. They also have to consider the sell on fee so that £40m isn’t big enough for them.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
It's absolutely insulting.

He's their star man, the difference between relegation and staying up. He's just signed a new contract, he has a 20% sell on clause.

The current climate (whether you think it's 'mad' or not) is one where 40 mill for a teams star attacking player is chump change, no way will Palace replace Zaha for that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's absolutely insulting.

He's their star man, the difference between relegation and staying up. He's just signed a new contract, he has a 20% sell on clause.

The current climate (whether you think it's 'mad' or not) is one where 40 mill for a teams star attacking player is chump change, no way will Palace replace Zaha for that.
How much did they sell Bolasie for? More right?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Stay on 60+ palace so we get 15 which essentially means 30m for AWB :drool:

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't Mahrez only 50m? And he was player of the year.