Will Jose be sacked if he is going to do LVG 2015-16 and finish outside top 4?

deafepl

Yeah, it feels like more than a dip in form, the flatness is reminiscent of LvG's second season where by the end the players only seemed to try in the FA cup games.
If that's case, I hope these players can put a performance in FA cup or at least CL I hope. if we crashed out of this competition, we have nothing to show as our 2017/18 season is over before we know and people will lose motivation.

Stacks

it is clear we're shit at attacking. 3 Week ago, we still challanging for titles, now the title is gone and we fight for top 4 places, I wonder what's going to happen in next two months?

How can we prevent it from happening to us?
It would be an unforgivable flop of epic proportions and I would no longer see him as anything special and he can no longer act as arrogantly as I feel it would bring him back to Earth. But I still would not sack. We have no choice but to back him financially with the highest level attacking players we can find, otherwise this won't work. We know that given the best attackers, he can at least win a title in his time here. otherwise what's the point?

Devil may care

If that's case, I hope these players can put a performance in FA cup or at least CL I hope. if we crashed out of this competition, we have nothing to show as our 2017/18 season is over before we know and people will lose motivation.
We have no chance of winning the CL in my opinion, we could win the FA Cup but we have to hope these players realize what a disaster a retrurn to the Europa League would be.

deafepl

We have no chance of winning the CL in my opinion, we could win the FA Cup but we have to hope these players realize what a disaster a retrurn to the Europa League would be.
Hope we get some lucks in champions league, luck is really essential to us for winning the UCL, like knocking out Liverpool by Porto, Liverpool are just Liverpool and us drawing with Porto in quarter-final where we could beat them and perform a miracle against mighty powerful club the likes of City, PSG, Barcelona and Bayern Munich in semi-final. Yes, we could have a chance but less than PSG, City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern.

I think these players would be happy to finish outside top 4 to get Jose sacked, they probably see it as an opportunity. it is already hinted that they clearly don't look like they enjoy and are not performing for him, who knows?

Utd7

I’m going to remain patient with Jose. Yes something is clearly not right with his mentality and the squad but his resume of success will allow me to give him time. I’m almost certain we’re going to spend on January now.

manunited1919

Are you serious?
He was not a popular choice with a lot of us to begin with, and we're seeing a lot of what we feared coming to pass.
Of course I’m serious. If I were a Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City or Tottenham fan, I wouldn’t want Mourinho to remain at United. Mourinho has already brought trophies, and will eventually get it right at United and build a formidable team. It might not always be pleasing on the eye, but his reputation is on the line, and he will get it right.

nokoya

Yes, sack him please. This guy tactics was so negative. Within the player now plus SAF as the manager, I am sure we will do better. Even Pep, not SAF. So what Carrager said on Telegraph was true.

I am fecking hate this kind of playing style, matchday coming, tried to believe Jose again and again. But end up with mad mood.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
If we finish outside the top four and win the Champions league would you keep him?

deafepl

If we finish outside the top four and win the Champions league would you keep him?
All will be forgiven, if he do it again next season, we better get ready to be looking for a replacement. Next season will be more interesting and sees where we can go so far.

Theonas

Scout
If we finish in the top 2 years straight, nothing will change the fact that we are not good enough. Just like it was the case with Liverpool 2005 and Chelsea 2012. Having said that, as is the case with most managers nowadays, his fate will be decided by the dressing room. If he loses them, he is a goner. Whether that's right or not is another issue but that's the reality of the modern top clubs.

RedStrudel76

it is worrying that Martin Keown said it look like the Man Utd players aren't performing for Jose Mourinho.
He's spot on and many fans said it in the match thread.

They are sick of his blame game and down-tools. If the Chelsea lads and now Man Utd lads have done it they both can't be wrong surely!? maybe Mourinho is too much of a dinosaur for today's game and understanding modern-day footballers.

A calling on 606 made a great point to Robbie Savage.. Mourinho is use to been at clubs who outspend everyone (Chelsea first spell was the only ticket in town now you have 2 or 3 who can spend the same if not more and Real Madrid in Spain), now he can't do it he's throwing his toys out of the pram and doesn't like a taste of his own medicine.. he is a cheque-book manager and one-trick pony.. now the snowball effect of him pissing everyone off - we've all seen this with Mourinho before and know how this story ends once he starts fires (he can't put them out).

Even the pundits and press say they are now bored of the whiny little man moaning every week and never accepting responsibility or praising the other team or manager. Don't think anyone will miss him if he leaves.. where as everyone did when he first left Chelsea.. but he isn't the same man or manager who was the cheeky chappy he's turned really bitter and cold. Real Madrid sacking him broke him. Getting sacked from all 3 Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd on his CV when he retires might be too much for his ego to take.. think he might retire or go manage Portugal.

Other teams in The Premier League have analysed the games we have lost/drawn and seen our weaknesses so we will continue to drop points. And also the press/media know what buttons to press to get Mourinho to lose his temper and prick him with a stick for headlines and controversies (they have decided they are now bored of him and he's not the fun Jose he once was). Game over.

Last edited:

RedStrudel76

It might seem trivial but the little details count.. the fact he's still living in a hotel in Manchester almost 2 years after joining the club suggests to me he hasn't fully committed, and until he does his heart won't be fully in it (subconsciously more than anything). It will end in tears.

I'm just waiting for the scandal waiting to happen in the The Sun.. "Manchester United manger Jose Mourinho secret hotel romps with hookers!" or getting accused of cheating on his wife and having an affair with another woman, as he leaves himself open to these types of stories by not getting his own pad.

ThaReaper01

Absolutely no point in sacking him when you aren’t going to bring in anyone better to replace him. Who you gonna get? Simeone? Ancelotti? Tuchel? Even if you do get one of them or whoever your top target is, there’s still no guarantee they’ll be better than Mourinho. Just stay the course.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
We need to stick with him he’ll come good. It’s just strange seeing this version of jose compsred to the Chelsea or Madrid version. It’s like he’s not enjoying something, not as passionate.

SAFicus

We need to stick with him he’ll come good. It’s just strange seeing this version of jose compsred to the Chelsea or Madrid version. It’s like he’s not enjoying something, not as passionate.
He just won't settle. Don't know what it is, but the man needs to start enjoying himself again.

At the moment his demeanor is depressing. Far more than any results. He is doing well to be honest, but you wouldn't know it looking at him. Is he reading the caf you reckon?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He just won't settle. Don't know what it is, but the man needs to start enjoying himself again.

At the moment his demeanor is depressing. Far more than any results. He is doing well to be honest, but you wouldn't know it looking at him. Is he reading the caf you reckon?
There is just something wrong about him. Whether he’s not being backed properly by the club or he’s not happy with the players or being away from his family has taken a toll; he needs his mojo back

SAFicus

There is just something wrong about him. Whether he’s not being backed properly by the club or he’s not happy with the players or being away from his family has taken a toll; he needs his mojo back
It's worrying. He really is the best man for the job if he can get his shit together. He was alroght most of last season, but this season is another story despite results.

Green_Red

If he fails to get top 4 then he should marched out of old trafford naked while we all shout "Shame" at him.

If Mourinho gets sacked I want to see Woodward follow.

Then, if that does happen, I want to see someone with real connection to the club given a chance. If we finish outside the top 4 the last 5 years will have been a total shit show and we have to take some risks.

Ashley R1+O

Some knee-jerk stuff in here imo. My answer is no he shouldn't be, I personally don't think he will be but I can understand the sentiment I just think it is a little rushed though. He's the only manager who has a pedigree big enough to take us forward.

Some people have said that he may be losing the dressing room, well guess what, in my opinion there is a big rectangle there with a round thing on it - step to feck and find a new club if you don't want to play for Jose. At some point these guys after three managers have to take responsibility for what is happening or get fanged out the door pronto. Ta ta, see ya later. Woodward and Jose have to sack up and slash the dead meat from the carcass.

There isn't a single player imo who shouldn't be going first before the manager. Until we have some responsibility to take action on the pitch and execute then we punt player after player until we establish that core of hungry players who want to play no matter how big their gram account is or their media presence and wage is. The 90 minutes of hard graft has to come first.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm afraid he has no business finishing outside the top 4 and should go if that is the end result unless the football or progress is such that it mitigates that (but it most likely wouldn't). But I think we'll get top 4 and he'll keep his job, although it's going to be a real battle.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yes, but I still think he will finish top 4, we can't be that bad after all the money we've spent.

CM

I would bloody hope so. The fact that we've managed to slip below Chelsea from the position we were in a few weeks ago is bad enough.

Falling out of the top 4 would require a pretty monumental collapse though, I don't even want to entertain that thought.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Falling out of the top 4 would require a pretty monumental collapse though, I don't even want to entertain that thought.
If Spurs and Arsenal win their games in hand there will be only 4 points between you and 6th place. It's going to be very close between 2nd to 6th this season, any 2 could fall out of the Champs league places (Liverpool and Arsenal would be my bet).

amolbhatia50k

If Spurs and Arsenal win their games in hand there will be only 4 points between you and 6th place. It's going to be very close between 2nd to 6th this season, any 2 could fall out of the Champs league places (Liverpool and Arsenal would be my bet).
Arsenal at the weakest of the lot IMO and I think Chelsea will make top 4. We need to keep an eye particularly on Liverpool and Spurs.

CM

Yeah, true. It's definitely possible but I was thinking from the perspective of us already having drawn three matches consecutively. It would have to be a pretty bad run for it to happen anytime soon.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No CL and he will probably get sacked. Our owners only focus on revenue anyway but I wonder if it won't cost them even more to get rid of him than having no CL.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Pep goes to city and won the league the 2nd season

Poch still hasn't finished building anything at spurs

Took klopp 3 years to finally look like he's not a 2 season wonder.

Took united fans 6 mths after winning 2 trophies to say Jose's past it.

Saad138

If Mourinho gets sacked who do we go for ? I'd pick Ryan Giggs. At least he'll play the United way cause that's what I'm yearning for after the last 3-4 performances.

RooneyLegend

He should be on his way regardless, as Sir Bobby always knew, he just isn't a Man United type of manager. Our youth policy is a shambles, we play pragmatic uninspiring football and despite everything given to him, he has the nerve to complain.

amolbhatia50k

Sheikhs cattle prod

Supports
City
As a blue I would be concerned if you brought in Simeone or Poch and more than happy if you kept Mourinho.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ourinhos-enemy.html?__twitter_impression=true

Great article. The true malaise is the Glazers.

Sacking Jose is ridiculous. He is not clueless like LvG. Whoever we bring in, I guarantee that he will also struggle with the current group of players as no doubt our thrifty board won't allow more than 2 signings.
Not sure how you found that as interesting or any great article. Changes are already made behind the scenes and Jose's performance has nothing to do with vision of the club or how the structure is in place. He has got all the players he wanted, at least reported as wanted. Only player he didn't get was Perisic.

All these clueless journalists having a go at Woodward are pathetic. He isn't a DoF, he won't select which players should be signed. He is just a money man who will sign the players identified by manager. Hopefully that will change in the future but as of today only person responsible for Jose's performance is Jose.

Rednotdead

If we finish outside of the top 4 Mourinho should be sacked without a doubt.

Regardless of whether he's sacked or not however, the playing side of the club badly needs modernising and the very first change needs to be the appointment of a DOF. Everything is just too haphazard with no continuity.