Will Ole get another PL job after this?

Will Ole get another PL managers job at some stage?

• Total voters

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Where do you stand on this?

personal opinion is that he will at some stage.
Solid win %, the 3rd top manager for getting PL points in his tenure and the away record to his name.

obviously there are things against him too

So choose your side and let’s keep this for record

Flytan

Yes because I'm sure some stupid club like Newcastle or something will go "he managed united before so he can't be the worst thing".

But based off actual merit? No. It'll be some club trying to look better than they actually are.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yes because I'm sure some stupid club like Newcastle or something will go "he managed united before so he can't be the worst thing".

But based off actual merit? No. It'll be some club trying to look better than they actually are.
So you’ve said yes but voted no. Confused?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He fared better than Moyes who had no issues waltzing into jobs after United
Moyes did have a good decade at Everton though. Not to say I think Ole won't get offered PL jobs, he will.

studs

It's hard to say, a lot of fans didn't want him here in the first place. It's also football and anything can happen in football.

Stadjer

Moyes showed that he was a capable premier league manager before he was at Manchester United. Manchester United was just too big for him. Ole showed that he can relegate a premier league team before getting the Manchester United job.

Moyes has shown he is capable of succes for a smaller club, Ole has not shown any of this. That is why owners would hire Moyes before hiring Ole.

Smores

Some midtable club sure. I don't think anyone at the bottom would think he was the right option nor the top clubs.

It'd be very interesting to see how he'd do without spending his way to improvement.

Skills

Snitch
Moyes struggled for jobs after United. I didn't see him waltz into any job - he got sacked after West Ham the first time around, even though he kept them up because they didn't think he was good for anything more than that.

Zen86

I think he’s been under more scrutiny than most other managers, so his stock is somewhat lower than he probably deserves.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Even a championship club will need to be monumentally stupid to employ him.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I cannot see it, especially as he isn't British. I think Rodgers and Moyes for example got other gigs because of their nationality whereas the same latitude isn't given to non-British coaches.

RazorOz

Ole would struggle to get a Championship job, let and out a Premier League one. I can't see what Premier League club would appoint him, no top club is going near him, and he's already come in and taken a team down in a relegation battle, so it's hard to see any team down the bottom wanting him either. I imagine he'll be back to Norway post-Utd, some talk of him being their national team manager.

Moyes had a much better resume to fall back on though. Moyes you could point to he'd done a decent job at Everton over a long period of time, he just wasn't up to the Man Utd job for whatever reason. Solskjaer has none of that, any team battling relegation is going to be wary of appointing him after his stint at Cardiff.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His squad management is not good and tactically he has been found at the highest level.

Maybe he will do a decent job when he has to set his team to sit back and counter but will ultimately get fired because it wont work in long term.

Acole9

Outstanding
No chance, he'll manage the Norway national team and that'll be him done with management.

LJJT

Why would he want to manage any one else after this? This is the peak for most managers, especially Ole.

Judas

Open to offers
No chance in hell. He was never getting one after the Cardiff shit show. It's amazing how it all happened for him to become our manager really, and to last so long.

Ollie Derbyshire

I think he will but it’ll take a good few years, like it did with Moyes. Our managers get so much scrutiny (and rightly so) that I think other clubs won’t rush in for him.

Josh 76

When he was manager at Cardiff , and someone told me he will be managing Manutd in a few years, I would have said feck off.

Anything can happen in football. This experience will do him good. As they say, What don’t kill you, makes your stronger.

James Peril

Absolutely not, no chance. Lesser clubs need less charisma and personality, but they need the tactical manager. OGS is perhaps the worst manager in the history of the Premier League for the latter part, a complete amateur, I wouldn’t even call him a manager.. he doesn’t deserve the honor.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't see it, I think the United fans wanting him sacked and opposition fans chanting his name has ruined what little chance he had. Also can't see him command the respect he has here due to him being an ex-player.

Stadjer

I am not sure, he wont get hired because he had any good results in the past and neither will he get hired by a club because he has a style that fits a club. If he does get hired it will be because he has managed Manchester United. That does look impressive on a cv and badly run premier league clubs will fall for that. (Watford for example) A well run club wont consider hiring Ole though.

wolvored

I think no top team in Europe will look at him. No lower Premier club will look at him, from his Cardiff fiasco.
He's a chequebook manager who has spent a fortune to win feck all.
His football coaching is none existant as he himself said. His tactical approach and in game changes are very basic and his favouritism to players, to the detriment of the team is there for all to see.
He has been very lucky here as he is a playing legend which has given him loads of kudos at Utd, but that wont hold sway anywhere else.

arthurka

Any club interested in a shit defence and counter attacking should get watery mouths.

Enigma_87

You know who
As it stands he’s the worst manager in the league. No one would touch him. If it was last year for example maybe, just maybe some relegation fodder would be interested. Nowadays I’m not sure someone is that stupid.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No. I think he’s become a meme manager whose reputation will be in tatters. I think he goes to a lesser league. His record in England before this job is poor so I can’t see why he would get hired.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think he'd get a job at any club in one of the big leagues tbh. Why would he? He has done nothing to justify a club taking him.

RedDevil@84

Moyes has friends in media. Lot of reporters who give him interviews even when he is jobless where he can whine and say how he is now awesome.