Will Ole last beyond his next 3 games?

Who would you want instead? I agree Ole has not been great but I just can't see anyone do something with a team that lacks quality in 90% of the squad. Always when I see the lineup I feel like we are on a level with teams like Southampton with quality. Too many overrated players we have.
Any one of the below tbh - these guys know how to coach their players and know their tactics.

Tuchel
Poch
Nagelsmann

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I sometimes wonder if Ed will wait until we are officially in a relegation place, so he has a statement ready that the media can't argue with. Like "we fully support a rebuild and backed our manager but we cannot tolerate a relegation place in November" or some shit like that.
Ed waited to fire Moyes until we were numerically eliminated from the top 4, so that would make a certain sense.

Hamza1989

I personally think Ole will be sacked either around Christmas time or at the end of the season.

fps

I hope they give him the entire season. Not sack even if (when?) CL becomes an impossibility, I want to see the players under one manager whole season where they can't say they dislike him, can't say he's poisonous, can't do anything except play their football and we can truly see who's good enough and who isn't, hollow it out and get good players in continuing on the theme of the players signed so far - good, young, want to play for the club.

Sterling Archer

I hope they give him the entire season. Not sack even if (when?) CL becomes an impossibility, I want to see the players under one manager whole season where they can't say they dislike him, can't say he's poisonous, can't do anything except play their football and we can truly see who's good enough and who isn't, hollow it out and get good players in continuing on the theme of the players signed so far - good, young, want to play for the club.
It's too late. There have been leaks from within that the players are questioning the training and preparations. Let's also not forget that Pogba and his crew have been talking up leaving since the summer. Really no such thing as just football anymore with this club.

fps

It's too late. There have been leaks from within that the players are questioning the training and preparations. Let's also not forget that Pogba and his crew have been talking up leaving since the summer. Really no such thing as just football anymore with this club.
Pogba needs to go though doesn't he, he performs 1 in 4 games, it ain't enough. As for a lot of the others, they're rotten to the core in their arrogance. They need to be pro-active or ship out.

C'est Moi Cantona

No way he gets sacked after Liverpool, no matter what the score, afterall the legitimate excuses are already made with no Pogba and DDG.

Lose the other two then maybe, but we could be in the bottom three by then, so it'd be perfectly justified, if not the answer to anything.

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
And we've suffered because of it, I think the club have finally twigged to that.
We could end up in the relegation zone after the Liverpool encounter (unlikely but possible) at which point panic stations will set in.

I'm sure the board were prepared for a bumpy ride this year, but a relegation fight is out of the question. Woodward could easily pull the trigger Monday morning. You'd like to think the outrageous injury crisis currently affecting the club may be taken into consideration. But then again it's Ed.

Then it's that all too familiar 'now what?' feeling again.

Loon

:lol:
I think he will still be here until the Jan window closes. When that ends in a nightmare I think he will be the sacrificial lamb.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
We could end up in the relegation zone after the Liverpool encounter (unlikely but possible) at which point panic stations will set in.

I'm sure the board were prepared for a bumpy ride this year, but a relegation fight is out of the question. Woodward could easily pull the trigger Monday morning. You'd like to think the outrageous injury crisis currently affecting the club may be taken into consideration. But then again it's Ed.

Then it's that all too familiar 'now what?' feeling again.
It's a tough call, we might bring a new Manager in but what happens if the players don't/can't respond and we get relegated anyway, do you then sack him?

RedWat

Yep most likely will lose 1-2 against Liverpool, scrape a win against Norwich and draw with Bournemouth so after 3 games we will most likely be slightly higher than where we are now , so Ole will still be around....for now

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's a tough call, we might bring a new Manager in but what happens if the players don't/can't respond and we get relegated anyway, do you then sack him?
I honestly don't know where we go if/when Ole gets sacked. The only thing I know is that sacking Ole this year would amount to four managerial turnovers within six years, each failing harder than his predecessor. Yet one thing remains, the ever-lasting constant in all this mess, being that of Ed fecking Woodward.

If Ole goes, Ed has to go too.

Class of 63

Sourness
I honestly don't know where we go if/when Ole gets sacked. The only thing I know is that sacking Ole this year would amount to four managerial turnovers within six years, each failing harder than his predecessor. Yet one thing remains, the ever-lasting constant in all this mess, being that of Ed fecking Woodward.

If Ole goes, Ed has to go too
I couldn't possibly comment. :nervous:

Asger

Any one of the below tbh - these guys know how to coach their players and know their tactics.

Tuchel
Poch
Nagelsmann
I agree I would like to see Nagelsmann be the next manager. Don't want either Tuchel or Poch though.

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
Yes, even Moyes got a year. Ole should get 3

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Allegri won't come here.
There was just as much Poch talk "In the air" too recently.
Things have gotten worse since then. It's not so much the veracity of these rumours but rather the idea of Ole being replaced that is being projected and is now taking shape in people's imaginations of the future.

Last edited:

saivet

"Ole’s vision maps exactly to the core three football objectives we have: We must win trophies, we must play attacking football, and we must give youth its chance.

“The middle section of last season, after Ole’s arrival, feels most relevant to what we want to achieve and where we want to be. We saw a team playing fast, fluid football, with a clear representation of the style and philosophy the manager wants.

"Ole has also instilled the discipline back into an environment where we may have lacked it in recent years. He is building a squad that respects the club’s history, in which players work hard and respect their team-mates. No-one is bigger than the club.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...odward-17102050.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Direct quotes from Woodward on Ole. That to me is not the dreaded backing of the board where they leak something to the press to ease the pressure.

That to me reads like a man that has no intention of sacking Ole and thing will have to get a hell of a lot worse before any action. So I think he will last the 3 games, regardless of the results.

Class of 63

Sourness
Direct quotes from Woodward on Ole. That to me is not the dreaded backing of the board where they leak something to the press to ease the pressure.

That to me reads like a man that has no intention of sacking Ole and thing will have to get a hell of a lot worse before any action. So I think he will last the 3 games, regardless of the results.
And rightly so as well.

Greck

Is there anyone close to the club who doesn't speak in clichés and rhetoric? Even in that middle section of the season the football dropped off sharply after 3 games. It was no longer imaginative. Whether from Ole to Neville to Woodward they all speak with the same kind of fallacies and lazy takes that are common on forums and social media. No wonder we're where we are, the only top 6 club that still hasn't employed a modern playing philosophy

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Woodward has been doing interviews saying the club is backing Ole 100% so he'll probably cling on for another month or so and then the club will be forced to make a change when reality kicks in that we're a million miles away from top four and close to relegation.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

The excellent Rob Smyth argues for a longer stay at the wheel for Ole but I have a suspicion that he may be doing a classical reverse ferret cum jink (sounds disgusting but is utterly human).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....r-more-time-respect-manchester-united-manager

Unless someone has been lined up to replace Ole I can’t see him leaving until we’re out of all competitions, but a heavy defeat to the Scousers could mean all bets are off. Fun times, eh?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Neville will come out with another bullshit speech backing the manager after we get beaten and we’ll be stuck with Ole for a few more games.

Fussball13251

Liverpool only scored once against Leicester. They typically average 2/3, often 3, goals a game, That is a bad omen for United going into this game.

I don't know... Ole might park the bus and hope to nick a 1 nil.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Pogba needs to go though doesn't he, he performs 1 in 4 games, it ain't enough. As for a lot of the others, they're rotten to the core in their arrogance. They need to be pro-active or ship out.
He is a tremendous player on his day. But the lack of consistency to me tells of a player that's not wanting to be here. It's one of the biggest hypocracies Ole has engaged in since coming to the the club: talking up Manchester United's values and how players need to fight for the shirt and feel honored to wear the badge. Not within a few weeks of the season ending Paul's out there talking about the new challenge, his agent and his brothers then spending the entire summer echoing it.

How can Ole justify it? Am I supposed to believe Ole's words that Paul wants to be here or the ones coming out of the lad's own mouth and his close family?

Even more ironically we turned down the likes of Eriksen and Dybala for not wanting to be a Man United player enough. So what makes Paul the exception? Is it like Pereira and Marcus, the fact that he's got a pet name and history from time in the academy?

jackal&hyde

Yes. Will be here till the end of the season and then we reevaluate. Would be very silly to give up on everything after 10-12 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And we've suffered because of it, I think the club have finally twigged to that.
Although our prevo suffering was finishing 7th at worst.

Could be uncharted grounds this year with zero certainly it'll improve

The Uncle of All Uncles

I think he'll last another 10 or so games, but once the club genuinely skirts relegation places by December or so then the pressure will be overbearing. However, the good side of that could be the removal of Woodward (finally) as this can't go on and even the Glazers will cop to it sooner or later.

Solskjaer may ultimately be looked on fondly for his managerial tenure simply for being the one to oust Woodward after all this time, and that's a legacy worth celebrating!!! :)

Bestietom

Rather give him a chance until Summer tbh. A couple of signings in January could turn us right around.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Rather give him a chance until Summer tbh. A couple of signings in January could turn us right around.
In principle I agree Bestietom but if the results keep going the way they have we will be in trouble by Christmas. If that's the case would you still feel the same?

Bestietom

In principle I agree Bestietom but if the results keep going the way they have we will be in trouble by Christmas. If that's the case would you still feel the same?
No I wouldn't feel the same. But it is fair to say injuries are having a big say in results, and not replacing Herrera and Lukaku in the summer. If we had a top CF and Midfielder, we would have more points on the board. Woodward promised Ole, they would be replaced but because Lukaku deal was dragged out until the very last day we were unable to find anybody. Plus some deals fell through, late.