Will Ronaldo ask to leave in the summer?

ExoduS

We have an awful habit here at the CAF to turn on our best players at every available opportunity.

De Gea
Maguire
Ronaldo
Pogba
Bruno

Ridiculous behaviour.
We turn on them when they are terrible, not when they are good. That's football mate. You call out those who are bad, regardless of how good they once were.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We have an awful habit here at the CAF to turn on our best players at every available opportunity.

De Gea
Maguire
Ronaldo
Pogba
Bruno

Ridiculous behaviour.
3 of those should never have been bought in the first place.

diarm

I hope so. I think we would have done better without him in the team. Not much better, but certainly better. I think he is responsible for drop in form of Cavani, Greenwood and Bruno. Rashford would probably stink this season anyway. I think Sancho would struggle adapting either way. Ronaldo is too big for us at the moment and for his game to be effective, he needs World class midfield. Our midfield is World crap.
Greenwood hasn't dropped in form. Not really. He just gets taken off when coaches are too afraid to upset people like Ronaldo, Rashford or Bruno.

He's a young player, finding his way. But he's getting punished for the poorer performances of those who should be leading by example.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We turn on them when they are terrible, not when they are good. That's football mate. You call out those who are bad, regardless of how good they once were.
Criticising them is one thing, saying that they should leave or be sold is another.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm sure City would gladly take him. Or Newcastle, if they stay up.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My countdown will have been for nothing.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
I'm sure City would gladly take him.
City would have a luxury of playing him in exactly the games which Guardiola deems advisable for him to play and he'd have zero problem hooking him or leaving him on the bench. If he throws a strop they'd just permabench him and not bat an eyelid. United due to various circumstances cannot do any of that.

wolvored

Greenwood hasn't dropped in form. Not really. He just gets taken off when coaches are too afraid to upset people like Ronaldo, Rashford or Bruno.

He's a young player, finding his way. But he's getting punished for the poorer performances of those who should be leading by example.
Good post. Greenwood was the best striker today, yet Jones and De Gea apart he was also the 3rd best player and subbed. Awful management.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Hard to say but did he improve us in your eyes?
He has but not enough and that's not solely dependent on him. There's a lot of factors affecting our current state and not all of it is Ronaldo. He's not reaching his full potential(we all know what he's capable of) because of how him and the other players are being utilized. Blaming him for our current state is a bit biased and it stems from frustration and personal feelings towards him.
All anyone can do is speculate on that point, I can't look pass the obvious regression by everyone this season specifically after Ronaldo arrived though
Don't you think lack of motivation from not being in team that can't get their shit together is contributing to that rather than Ronaldo?
We've mainly been worse with him. And his own performances havn't been good.
Again his performance is relative to how he's being utilized and it's not only being a good player on the field that determines success. Tactics play a part and that's not on him.
Absolutely think we'd be top 4... with Bruno, Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho likely all in (much?) better form. Their numbers have dropped to basically nothing to compensate Ronaldo's goals. Forget Cavani too, since I think he's been heavily out due to injury/travel issues?

CL.... yeah, he's probably been a difference maker in a reasonably tough group.
So Ronaldo is negatively affecting everyone's form...how?
We've definitely suffered for having to facilitate Ronaldo. It's not the only reason we're struggling, but we've never played more like a team of individuals than we have this season. That's not a coincidence.
And we played like a team before? Why did we get rid of Ole then? Is Ronaldo responsible for that too?
The dressing room wouldn't be broken so of course we'd be in a better position
Who said the dressing room is broken and why do you think he's responsible for that?

Luke1995

I hope he stays. But if he were to leave, what do you think is more likely...

Juventus return

PSG

MLS

Sporting

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He has but not enough and that's not solely dependent on him. There's a lot of factors affecting our current state and not all of it is Ronaldo. He's not reaching his full potential(we all know what he's capable of) because of how him and the other players are being utilized. Blaming him for our current state is a bit biased and it stems from frustration and personal feelings towards him.
I'm not blaming him on anything, just curious how you think he has improved us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
City would have a luxury of playing him in exactly the games which Guardiola deems advisable for him to play and he'd have zero problem hooking him or leaving him on the bench. If he throws a strop they'd just permabench him and not bat an eyelid. United due to various circumstances cannot do any of that.
I think he'd do extremely well with City.

Firestorm

Yeah ..obviously the best player of all time ..clearly his fault we’re so crap ..no ?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Do you really think that a very significant part of things going from bad to worse isn't down to Ronaldo and the effect he has on tactics, team dynamics and the coaches ability to make changes in games that involve hauling him off. He's cancer to the team and his signing is another symptom of how stupid this club is. FFS, even Arsenal are looking smarter than us these days.
Of course .But after another bad result we have a thread asking will he leave ? Pathetic stuff.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The day he returned will likely be the highlight of the season. But yeah, I'd imagine he will leave - no way he's not playing in Champions League next season. I'd love to see PSG sign him if only to see Messi and him play together.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
I think he'd do extremely well with City.
He probably would, but there is no way he would play in the starting XI nearly every game like he does at Utd, and if Guardiola, say, thinks that he can't risk fielding an outfield player with a non existent work rate against Liverpool for example then it would be bench for him and he'd have to accept it. Certainly that is an element he took into consideration when making a choice where to sign.

norm87cro

It's not done and dusted yet but yeah he will leave if there is no CL football. Unlike a lot of people here I can see the upside and the downside of that scenario

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He probably would, but there is no way he would play in the starting XI nearly every game like he does at Utd, and if Guardiola, say, thinks that he can't risk fielding an outfield player with a non existent work rate against Liverpool for example than it would be bench for him and he'd have to accept it. Certainly that is an element he took into consideration when making a choice where to sign.
Nothing is certain but you could be right, man. Also Ronaldo worked pretty hard (for striker standard). I'm not buying this "non-existence work rate" claim. He's no less work hard than Kane (which City was interested in), for instance.

Last edited:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We stopped him from scoring a load of goals for City on the way to lifting the Premier League trophy with them. That’s it. That’s what the club paid that money for. I can’t see why either party would want to continue this into next season.

captaincantona

I think it would be good for him to leave...I do. I see no benefits in having him. In a different team he may well have worked out but we have more problems to deal with right now and need a striker who offers more in terms of involvement in our attacking in general, not just looking to be on the end of things.

Ralph1386

De Gea
Maguire
Ronaldo
Pogba
Bruno

Ridiculous behaviour.
You rank Maguire as one of our best players? Phil Jones did more today in 95 minutes than he has all season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am more worried if we'd be in the Europa next season. Ronaldo can do whatever he wants.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Might not be so bad.

I don't really care, just want the team to do well.

RedAlert27

I really hope so. We need to move on as quickly as possible and try to get a striker in their prime or has their best years ahead of them.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think it would be good for him to leave...I do. I see no benefits in having him. In a different team he may well have worked out but we have more problems to deal with right now and need a striker who offers more in terms of involvement in our attacking in general, not just looking to be on the end of things.
So say no to Haaland then?

Roboc7

Yes, he won’t want to waste another year here and we need a longer term solution. Makes sense all round.

ericthered76

Is kicking more funk than a shaolin monk, forcing
Yeah ..obviously the best player of all time ..clearly his fault we’re so crap ..no ?
Agreed, he is the best player, stat wise especially, of all time. But that's the thing about 'time', it changes shit.

i.e. he is no longer the best player in the world and whilst its not his fault at all, United are simply not better with him at this stage of his career. In fact vs the team that was making decent progress in the last 2 seasons, we are a fair bit worse.

RoyH1

PSG might be interested in bringing him in if they lose Mbappé. Softens the blow at least from a media/PR perspective

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
It’d be a shame if his career ends in this way. He should go to PSG and win a couple more trophies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Told ye and remember the absolute slating I took for saying this was how it would end up and we are barely half way through the season. His CL goals have been priceless and the only bright spot in a horrible season but all our other forward players have gone backwards supporting him. We have no notion of winning the CL so it’s just delaying the inevitable. The team is totally predictable and one dimensional, just like what Juve became. It’s toxic when he doesn’t win. The warning signs were there with his dynamic with Bruno at international level but we can’t seem to take the hint. Anything to generate marketing opportunities. Learned nothing from Rooney Sanchez etc. Seems to also have caused issues in the dressing room to come to a major head. I don’t mind Ronaldo but it was a fantasy bringing him back like this when he was finishing up. We should have been paying him 5/600k a week back in 2009 and watching the best player in the world and capitalising on our momentum but as per usual we are totally backwards and reactive. Man Utd greatest hits tour has hit the rocks.

Nobody is taking those wages on. We are stuck with each other for another year and a half

Last edited:

DutchCruijff

Leave and go where exactly?

The only options I can see that can afford his salary - £500K+ per week - and would fit in would be PSG or Atletico. The latter out of the question due to his lack of workrate + already carrying an OAP + Ronaldo's history with Real Madrid.

PSG? Possible, but would be tactically suicidal. Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar would be awful. And I'm pretty sure Neymar, Messi and the Argentinian contingent have issues with Ronaldo too.

I don't see where he goes.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Couldn‘t care less. And can‘t hear anymore how we need winners like him. Yes he is a winner, he will also be a winner in 5 years. Doesn’t mean we always keep him just because of that.