Wimbledon 2011

Peasplease

If Djoko wins this in 3 or 4 this could give Federer the confidence to beat Nadal in slams again. Wishful thinking, maybe.

wr8_utd

:'(
If Djoko wins this in 3 or 4 this could give Federer the confidence to beat Nadal in slams again. Wishful thinking, maybe.
How does that work? 8 times out of 10 Nadal will still beat Fed imo. Fed's game just doesn't match up to Nadal's.

Similarly Nadal can't play against Djoko because the latter is a mirror image (a superior one) of Nadal right now.

Nearco

youth team player
Let me put it this way, Nadal will be seen as the best.
The best clay courter for sure. I do think he had the Indian sign over Federer for whatever reason and for me Becker, Edberg and Sampras will all go down as better Wimbledon champs than Rafa.

wr8_utd

He really won't.
:lol: Please.

I like Bernard Tomic, actually. Andy Murray, too.

HTH.
For a moment I thought I wouldn't mind Nadal winning but after remembering how all his fanboys are, I'd really like to see Djokovic smash him straight sets.
Federer will be seen as the greatest player to ever play the game once he's done, forget being better than Nadal. HTH.
:lol: At people's claims that Nadal at his peak is better than Federer was at his!

:lol:
Yup R_Nick was right.

Peasplease

How does that work? 8 times out of 10 Nadal will still beat Fed imo. Fed's game just doesn't match up to Nadal's.

Similarly Nadal can't play against Djoko because the latter is a mirror image (a superior one) of Nadal right now.
Because confidence plays a massive part. And let's not forget Federer came extremely close to beating "a superior Nadal (right now)" just a few days ago.

wr8_utd

Why is my stream so slow :mad:

A break atlast :D

Some Nole errors as well. Good game.

United Fan 101

Holds a Ph.D. in Football
:lol: to be fair lads, it's about 1am in Oz and I've been on the piss.

I'm sure I'll awake in the morning with an apology or two to make :lol:

wr8_utd

I thought he won two sets didnt he? Guess not. Either way, I think it could help him a lot to see Nadal isn't invincible in finals.
Fed's beaten Nadal in 2 finals himself so I doubt it'll make too much of a difference.

Nadal has a game that can beat everyone but Djokovic right now.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Some of the argument in this thread has been fecking retarded. Firstly people claiming that Nadal would find this final easy, despite it being against an opponent who's already beaten him four times this year.

And then UF 101 wading in, bringing up Federer and then going off on one about fanboys when, as has been said, you're the one acting like a fanboy.

Nadal got completely roasted in that second set, good to see him come back in this set, I want to see 5 sets of high quality tennis.

VP

Yup, but I think 6-7 times out of 10 Fed would beat Djoko.

Nadal's big advantage against Fed is his left handed forehand.

United Fan 101

Holds a Ph.D. in Football
I think I shall save a read of shame in the morning lads. Apologies to all who habe been offended by this drunken rave! :lol:

wr8_utd

Yup, but I think 6-7 times out of 10 Fed would beat Djoko.

Nadal's big advantage against Fed is his left handed forehand.
True. Fed and Del Po imo are the two players who can really take on Djokovic at his game.

But well Nadal's fighting back now so hopefully he can win a set this time!

wr8_utd

3 players have won a GS final in Open era after 2 sets down, all at Roland Garros: Borg vs Orantes (74), Lendl vs McEnroe (1984) & Agassi vs Medvedev (1999).