Wimbledon 2013

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
fecks sake Rafa. Rafa even broke back when Darcis was serving for the set and he still lost the breaker.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Will be stunned if Darcis breaks back here. I had that break from Nadal as virtual match points.

shaggy

Terrible from Rafa. If Darcis wins this tiebreak we have a fecking game on our hands.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
feckin hell. Credit to him, he isn't going away. Rafa won some big points and he kept plugging away. cnut.

I don't think Rafa has ever come from 2 sets down in a GS.

Someone better watch wr8.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I bet darcis wins this and then no ever hears of the cnut again.

wr8_utd

:'(
feckin hell. Credit to him, he isn't going away. Rafa won some big points and he kept plugging away. cnut.

I don't think Rafa has ever come from 2 sets down in a GS.

Someone better watch wr8.
He has twice. Both times at Wimbledon.

Anyway I'm not too bothered about this performance really. His early round Slam performances are all the same.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Broke Nadal in the third! Go on Darcis!

wr8_utd

Nadal goes to new lows every year. Round 2 last year, Round 1 this year. It's a good thing he doesn't have to play qualifiers to get to Wimbledon next year.

wr8_utd

Nadal's gone. Not moving great and has been not favoring his backhand/left knee all match. He's doing his best to not play the backhand and he's gone here.

shaggy

He has a chance because he's Nadal. Not the favourite by a long stretch now.

He's gone I reckon:(

Well I've got to rush home from work. Productive day it's been refreshing the Thiago thread and watching Wimbledon on the BBC Sport page. Nadal looks to be struggling with his knee which wouldn't be a surprise.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Nadal's gone. Not moving great and has been not favoring his backhand/left knee all match. He's doing his best to not play the backhand and he's gone here.

Yeah. It's curtains as far this match is concerned.

I hope the injury doesn't keep him out very long.

Azarenka was also moving gingerly in her match earlier. Wimbledon is already over for me and it's not even the end of first day. :(

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nadal is prone to struggling when you go at him hard. Would have been interesting to see him in the era when Sampras was dominant and the courts were quicker. He'd have had a much tougher time I reckon.

Having said that, if nadal can start even a spell of domination, he should win it. The lesser players tend to struggle once the top ones find their game. All the chinks in their game start to appear.

wr8_utd

Not really no. Nadal's gone. he's not moving well, no power in his shots. It's very surreal.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I don't know what the situation is with his knees but he should've played at Queens. Looks very undercooked. As he did last year.