Wimbledon 2013

wr8_utd

:'(
It's actually depressing watching Nadal not making shots he would make blindfolded.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Bastard. Break point down and he saves it. He's been good under pressure Tbf to him. Could easily have choked.

Rossi19

Tag Master
Nadal is crocked, he shouldn't play if he's clearly injured. Just ends up making him look shit

Zen

I don't think he expected a weeks break to hurt his knees this much tbf.....he did actively say he wasn't ready last year which implied he thought he WAS ready physically and mentally this year, just had to get accustomed to the grass in the early rounds.

Bodys a funny thing, adrenaline can so much, what can he do? Goes to Halle and he's riding the adrenaline even more and it'll probably be even worse in the longer run.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The aches and pains start cropping up when you are losing.

Rafa was perfectly fine at the French. I think he's undercooked. Can't turn up at Wimbledon having played no grass court tennis in a year.

Zen

Do the top 3 (male) upsets of all time belong to Nadal? He knows how to go out with a bang.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Well all the murray, nadal and roger talk will stop now. This way nadal career can and any time.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Wasn't expecting that at all. Had Nadal down as the favourite to win this due to how good he's been since his comeback. He sure knows how to be on the receiving end of a shock defeat though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm expecting Darcis will probably be knocked out in straight sets in the next round by a fairly unknown opponent too.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
See you in next year's Wimbledon thread, wr8 and ole.
:(

I'll be watching.

Federer will breath a sigh of relief. Federer Vs Novak in the final I reckon. Roger has the number on Murray and Novak has a piss easy draw.

Should be a good final.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Ok now I am changing my tune given nadal might retire any time. I am supporting Del Potro from now on. I need someone from womens tennis to support too but I don't like anyone.

Zen

should just watch tennis imo, pretty pointless supporting anyone.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Ok now I am changing my tune given nadal might retire any time. I am supporting Del Potro from now on. I need someone from womens tennis to support too but I don't like anyone.
Pity he hasn't shown anywhere near the form he is capable of after the wrist injury

TheBest

SPNTBP
That is what I have been doing last whole year...but still you know following someone can be ok sometimes.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I suppose it makes it more interesting though when you're backing someone as it gives you a real reason to become invested in watching. I'm not too attached to anyone although as a Scot I really like to see Murray win and generally prefer Nadal to Fed/Novak.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Very good routine win from Murray there. Perhaps I'm just hoping but I'm starting to think this might be his year. Certainly looks as credible a winner as Djokovic or Federer at the moment.

Zen

"And obviously didn't play much last year"

SICK BURN MUZZA LAD