Wimbledon 2013

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
That's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen as Nadal has been the best player in the world this year and was looking imperious. What on earth has happened in 2 weeks? Staggering.

Murray and Fed through in style.

Nearco

youth team player
Rafa didn't play well in the first couple of rounds at Roland Garros either and his rustiness on the grass killed him. Also, he had no backhand and his serve had no power. Go on Youtube and look at him in 2010, especially in the US Open Final when he was raining bombs down on Djokovic from the backhand side and when he served.

Justin

Rafa didn't play well in the first couple of rounds at Roland Garros either and his rustiness on the grass killed him. Also, he had no backhand and his serve had no power. Go on Youtube and look at him in 2010, especially in the US Open Final when he was raining bombs down on Djokovic from the backhand side and when he served.
Still, you wouldn't expect him to be out first round

jem

The aches and pains start cropping up when you are losing.

Rafa was perfectly fine at the French. I think he's undercooked. Can't turn up at Wimbledon having played no grass court tennis in a year.
Sums it up perfectly. It's a bit too convenient to always blame injury every time he loses (see French Open 2009 vs. Soderling, last year vs. Rosol, 2010 Aussie vs. Murray, 2011 Aussie vs. Ferrer.) Maybe he's just not as well-rounded as players like Federer and Djokovic.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Sums it up perfectly. It's a bit too convenient to always blame injury every time he loses (see French Open 2009 vs. Soderling, last year vs. Rosol, 2010 Aussie vs. Murray, 2011 Aussie vs. Ferrer.) Maybe he's just not as well-rounded as players like Federer and Djokovic.
So against ferrer he was faking from the start of first set? Lets be real...he clearly had problems yesterday. All of us have no clue how because he looked fine at the french. You really think in order to maintain credibility of his fake injuries...he will skip grandslams? I think he would rather accept that he lost a match like he lost in 3 consecutive finals against Djokovic.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Del Potro is doing well...I think he will surprise few people here.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Women's tennis needs Serena to retire.
Despite what Seveneric said earlier on in the thread i don't think it is a total given that she'll win, no-one wants to see a procession regardless of what people think of her playing style or controversies.

The competitiveness of the sport wasn't helped by the retirement of Henin and Clijstes obviously. What would people have said of the men's game if Federa and Nadal had disappeared from the scene a couple of years ago. Granted there would still have been Murray on the cusp of his first slam yet Djokovic would be indisputably No 1.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
These commentators on the Robson game are cringey as feck. I know she's a home favourite and all but can they be any less up her arse

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
When is Wozniaki or Sharapova playing? I dont care much for looking at anyone else play tennis...

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
So against ferrer he was faking from the start of first set? Lets be real...he clearly had problems yesterday. All of us have no clue how because he looked fine at the french. You really think in order to maintain credibility of his fake injuries...he will skip grandslams? I think he would rather accept that he lost a match like he lost in 3 consecutive finals against Djokovic.
Didn't Nadal lose seven consecutive finals vs Djokovic?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
feck! Lisicki is playing and I'm missing it!!! Not now >:D Doesn't look as hot today as usual but man, her body is perfect.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Those legs. :drool:
YES! fecking yes! someone understands!!! I'd love to wear her like a scarf!!! :drool:

Shame she just destroyed Schiavone, that's a match I would have gladly watched all the way through, 7-6, 6-7, 100-98.

Gutted, hope she beats Vesnina in the next round! The only female tennis player I like watching is Lisicki.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Maybe if you lads went down to a tennis court you could meet a real-life woman.
There's real ones of them kicking about Wonder Pigeon? :o I call bullshit.

In honesty, I go and play tennis now and again, all I see there is fat balding twats or annoying kids, not once have I seen a fit bird. Sometimes you can see a MILF teaching her kid to play but that's it. And she probably only looks fit due to the lack of overall quality in the area.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Was at Wimbledon today on Court 1 fellas. Kirilenko is really slight. Small tits but a cracking arse. Lisicki is larger and would suit the bigger man, still proper fit though. Robson is also developing into a very shapely lady too. Have also been lucky enough to see Sharapova and Ivanovic play as well. :drool:

Oh and Robson really ought to make the top 10. Kirilenko is 10th herself ffs, she should achieve way more than her. Robson has a good aggressive game, just inconsistent at the moment.

jem

The thing is I'm not even sure it's Nadal's fault, so much as his fans desperation to insert an asterix any time he loses.