Wimbledon 2013

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Verdasco is attacking like a mad man, it's served him good so far.

Big break from Murray now, I still don't see him winning the match though.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Looks that way sadly. It will never be said he collapsed though, Murray will have fought a stunning comeback with some big and brave shots. He was magical blah blah blah.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Looks that way sadly. It will never be said he collapsed though, Murray will have fought a stunning comeback with some big and brave shots. He was magical blah blah blah.

Shall we wait to see what happens first?

Weird.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Really poor here. Murray's playing like he's the underdog here in that he's allowed Verdasco to take control and dominate him in the way Murray should be doing. It feels like we're watching Murray from a few years back when he was too tentative and got too easily frustrated. He'd started to overcome that in recent times as well.

Totally agree. Completely bizarre performance.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
ONO is only jealous that Murray has a shot at sharing the champions dance with Lisicki.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Well if he does make a comeback then he'll deservedly get a lot of praise for it. I don't see what would wrong with that. Any big player would receive praise if they made a comeback, so why should it be different for Murray?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Totally agree. Completely bizarre performance.

He's been so much better this set though. Much more aggressive and showing that he's the much better player by actually taking control and dominating Verdasco. Hopefully he'll keep this up. It's a good sign that he isn't simply going to collapse though.

Brophs

The One and Only
I will never figure out the fascination with Andy Murray's missus.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
:lol: No chance, Djokovic will smash Murray based on this performance, I'll be surprised if Del Potro makes it to his SF match with Djokovic.

Yeah, based on this performance. Throughout the rest of the tournament though, Murray hadn't been much worse than Djokovic. He's been fantastic this game though. Every player can have a bad match or two that they have to struggle through. It hardly means he has no chance of beating Djokovic.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Well if he does make a comeback then he'll deservedly get a lot of praise for it. I don't see what would wrong with that. Any big player would receive praise if they made a comeback, so why should it be different for Murray?

Because there's a difference, Verdasco has just lost his head now and let Murray into it, it's not as if Murray has went up a gear and outmatched the in form Verdasco. He's just playing better now because Verdasco is playing shite now. It's strange. They both of them don't seem to be able to play the top of their game against each other, one on form, the other is off.

The problem with praising Murray over a comeback is as always, too much media pressure for Murray. He'll think he's better than he is, fact is, he's made this hard work for himself by serving like a 5 year old on his second serves.

binary bot
SAF is getting more TV time than Murray's girlfriend

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I will never figure out the fascination with Andy Murray's missus.

I think she's banging :drool:

He's been so much better this set though. Much more aggressive and showing that he's the much better player by actually taking control and dominating Verdasco. Hopefully he'll keep this up. It's a good sign that he isn't simply going to collapse though.
he has, but I wonder if he's left it too late.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Because there's a difference, Verdasco has just lost his head now and let Murray into it, it's not as if Murray has went up a gear and outmatched the in form Verdasco. He's just playing better now because Verdasco is playing shite now. It's strange. They both of them don't seem to be able to play the top of their game against each other, one on form, the other is off.

The problem with praising Murray over a comeback is as always, too much media pressure for Murray. He'll think he's better than he is, fact is, he's made this hard work for himself by serving like a 5 year old on his second serves.

Verdasco has been much poorer but Murray has undoubtedly played so much better now as well. Part of Verdasco struggling has been down to the fact that he was taking advantage of a tentative, defensive Murray, but that was gone as soon as Murray started playing more aggressive tennis in this set.

The media praise is inevitable anyway. Nothing you can do to stop it and Murray is professional enough to not let it get to his head. His mentality problems stem for himself, not from the media making him think he's better than he is.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Managed to hold there which will give him some confidence. Brilliant final rally.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Verdasco needs to close it in 4, I think there is very little chance of Murray losing the fifth set if it goes there

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Such an ugly cnut, that mother. Ugly fistpump face.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Scrappy as feck, but he's hanging in there.

Fair play to him, cos he really aint ticking.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's Spanish number nine? Is he playing out of his skin then?

He's been in the top 10 before and is a very good player who should probably be better than his ranking, but he still has played very well. Hasn't helped that Murray was so defensive in the first two sets though and really played a style that suited Verdasco perfectly.