Winter Olympics 2010 Vancouver

Dyslexic Untied

The weather has had too much to say so far.

Destroyed Moan and Tandes Nordic Combined, really feel for Moan today.

Also destroyed the biathlon. Will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow, both with the alpine and the crosscountry.

Dyslexic Untied

Well, we got our first medal at least, I just can't get over the disappointment with Ole Einar Bjørndalen. Only a minor miracle can get him near the gold on the pursuit. Of course, miracles is his business but...
We'll do the double on the pursuit. Got a good feeling.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The feckin' yanks....

...endlessly replaying Apolo Ohno getting a jammy silver
...showing full runs of yank competitors but virtually ignoring everyone else
...claiming that number of medals is what counts instead of number of golds
...running four hour highlights at night but with adverts every 3 fecking minutes
...waffling on about Lindsey Vonn every fecking half hour

Somebody please give me a link to CBC or the BBC so I can actually enjoy the full cross-country races instead of having to put up with chopped up shit to allow for endless hours of fecking figure skating.

cnuts!!!

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The feckin' yanks....

...running four hour highlights at night but with adverts every 3 fecking minutes

Somebody please give me a link to CBC or the BBC so I can actually enjoy the full cross-country races instead of having to put up with chopped up shit to allow for endless hours of fecking figure skating.

cnuts!!!
That's right, you show NBC who's boss! feck that shit.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The weather has had too much to say so far.

Destroyed Moan and Tandes Nordic Combined, really feel for Moan today.

Also destroyed the biathlon.
Will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow, both with the alpine and the crosscountry.
As a fair competition, yeah, but it won us the silver. Without the sleet Svendsen's race wouldn't have been good enough and the other 3 weren't even close to performing.

Dyslexic Untied

I agree Ellliot, but it's still unfair. Even though we got lucky at the biathlon I really hate seeing the competition destroyed like that.

The biathlon was one thing, you can't really help that if you want single starts.

But the Nordic combined have been using a +/- system all season long to even out the wind in the hill, and now for the Olympics they don't use it. And when they first decided not to use it they should have postponed the jumping and redone all of the jumpers. They only got one jump and if the wind is against you there is no chance.

We probably lost a medal there.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The feckin' yanks....

cnuts!!!
Oxymoron?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I agree Ellliot, but it's still unfair. Even though we got lucky at the biathlon I really hate seeing the competition destroyed like that.

The biathlon was one thing, you can't really help that if you want single starts.

But the Nordic combined have been using a +/- system all season long to even out the wind in the hill, and now for the Olympics they don't use it. And when they first decided not to use it they should have postponed the jumping and redone all of the jumpers. They only got one jump and if the wind is against you there is no chance.

We probably lost a medal there.
Yeah, we probably did, maybe even a gold medal. And it is kinda stupid to go back to the old system having used the new one all season. On the other hand, the new system is still flawed and needs to be perfected. I usually don't watch Nordic combined so my experience with the new regulations is limited to the few ski jumping comps where they've implemented them, and there seems to be a mismatch between point-deduction for headwind and point-addition for starting from a lower gate. So in a way I can see why the organizers are reluctant to abandon the old system at present. All in all the new system still seems fairer and I agree with your sentiments. It's definitely the way of the future.

How do you feel about our chances tonight? Surely either Northug or that closet lesbian will deliver? Not feeling too good about Svindal though, but then I felt very good about Jacobsen and Bjørndalen and that didn't really pan out.

Dyslexic Untied

Yeah, we probably did, maybe even a gold medal. And it is kinda stupid to go back to the old system having used the new one all season. On the other hand, the new system is still flawed and needs to be perfected. I usually don't watch Nordic combined so my experience with the new regulations is limited to the few ski jumping comps where they've implemented them, and there seems to be a mismatch between point-deduction for headwind and point-addition for starting from a lower gate. So in a way I can see why the organizers are reluctant to abandon the old system at present. All in all the new system still seems fairer and I agree with your sentiments. It's definitely the way of the future.

How do you feel about our chances tonight? Surely either Northug or that closet lesbian will deliver? Not feeling too good about Svindal though, but then I felt very good about Jacobsen and Bjørndalen and that didn't really pan out.
I agree with everything in your first paragraph.

Re tonight, Northug is one of many favourites. Di Centa, Piller Cottrer, Hellner, Heikkinen and Teichmann can also win. It will be extremely close I think, and someone with an early start number will probably get it, as the snow is predicted to become loose towards the end.

A medal for Northug would be good. A gold would be fantastic. Hafsaas is struggling with a cold or something, but he won a 15 km before Christmas so who knows.

Womens cross country is always difficult IMO. Bjørgen is probably in top form at the moment so she should be up there. Kalla and that Kowalchuk or whatever will be tough as well.

Svindal is off form, but I'm not sure how much that means in the downhill, mentality is just as important I'd think and he is a winner. Don't really see anyone beating Cuche though, so a medal for Svindal would be great.

All in all, I want three medals today. If I were to bet I'd say we got two. A gold and a bronze.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Watching these moguls is depressing me, I thought I was a good skiier.
:lol: Me too.

My cousin's there watching it and I wish I was too....amazing speed and control. Good to see the Canadian get the gold.

Dyslexic Untied

My betting is going good so far.

Bjorgen should be happy with the bronze. Kalla was fantastic and Smigun looked strong as well.

Now fingers crossed for Aksel.

Dyslexic Untied

I don't think Bodys time is that good to be honest. Even the Swede gained on in him at the finish.

Just hope Aksel can perform today.