Winter Olympics 2022

Alemar

Yea, Bolshunov very easily won today as you have seen.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
That guy is a fecking beast.
I have trouble trusting Russians because of their history, but i'm not going to accuse him of anything, am probably just a sore lose because our guys did bad.
Exciting to see how much he'll win this year, he looks incredibly strong.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Any day in cross country skiing with no Norwegians at the podium is a good day.

I like you guys much more in other sports.

Grylte

Any day in cross country skiing with no Norwegians at the podium is a good day.

I like you guys much more in other sports.
Many of us really don't mind others winning too.
Read on Reddit yesterday someone saying they really didn't care when Johaug won, cause she won so much, so it's just meh...
Was much the same at the end of Bjørgen's career. They both seem like very nice people, but it's not fun to watch the same people winning all the time.

Alemar

That guy is a fecking beast.
I have trouble trusting Russians because of their history, but i'm not going to accuse him of anything, am probably just a sore lose because our guys did bad.
Exciting to see how much he'll win this year, he looks incredibly strong.
Well, when all Norway guys lose to Niskanen in skiathlon, it definitely has to do with their own form. I was sure that they will catch at least him, but it was not even close, somehow

Grylte

Well, when all Norway guys lose to Niskanen in skiathlon, it definitely has to do with their own form. I was sure that they will catch at least him, but it was not even close, somehow
Yeah, something was definitely off for them. One said the height, snow and difficulty of track made it really hard - not as an excuse, it's the same for everyone.

Mickson

Van der Poel with a brilliant last 400 meters takes the gold.
He's such a legend. Came from nowhere really. Before the Olympics, he made an interview.

Van der Poel: I knew a great kebab place three hours away, and I thought I will ride my bike to get there
The interviewer: So you ride your bike three hours and ate a kebab and then went home?!
Van der Poel: Well, two kebabs actually. Then I went home.

Apparently, he eats 7000 calories per day.

He took a break from his career earlier and joined one of Sweden's most elite military units. And last year he won 2 x Gold in the World championships. And now this gold medal.

massi83

He's such a legend. Came from nowhere really. Before the Olympics, he made an interview.

Van der Poel: I knew a great kebab place three hours away, and I thought I will ride my bike to get there
The interviewer: So you ride your bike three hours and ate a kebab and then went home?!
Van der Poel: Well, two kebabs actually. Then I went home.

Apparently, he eats 7000 calories per day.

He took a break from his career earlier and joined one of Sweden's most elite military units. And last year he won 2 x Gold in the World championships. And now this gold medal.
Boy scouts?

Gordon S

Fantastic race by Nils, so happy for him! He has been working insanely hard for this.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Unexpected but important bronze. Keeps us clear at the top for now.

GuyfromAustria

Fettner, you absolute legend. :lol:
A 20 year career more or less in 2nd tier behind our other stars and now a silver medal for him, fantastic.

Alemar

First gold for Australia, needs to be said. Mogul women, Jakara Anthony.
Good bronze for Smirnova as well

Alemar

Dominant win in team figure skating for Russia. Bronze for Japan

Grylte

15 km biathlon for the ladies soon, looking forward to that, biathlon is one of the best sports no matter what season it is.
Even more entertaining when you want Tiril Eckhoff to win, don't think i have seen a more random athlete in any sport.
She can either miss all shots and be quicker than the male cross country skiiers and still get a good position, or hit all shots and look like she's skiing backwards...

Alemar

So golds for Germany in biathlon and Netherlands in skating. Watching mixed team trampoline jumps now.
It’s a bit weird so far - preliminary disqualifications for jumping suit parameters for several teams

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Smashed GB in the curling semi final!

Lord Nelson! Lord Beaverbrook! Sir Winston Churchill! Sir Anthony Eden! Clement Attlee! Henry Cooper! Lady Diana! We have beaten them all, we have beaten them all! Maggie Thatcher - can you hear me, Maggie Thatcher! Your team took one hell of a beating! Your team took one hell of a beating!

Alemar

Slovenia with a very nice gold in mixed team trampoline jumps, solid advantage. Russia and Canada on the podium

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Smashed GB in the curling semi final!

Lord Nelson! Lord Beaverbrook! Sir Winston Churchill! Sir Anthony Eden! Clement Attlee! Henry Cooper! Lady Diana! We have beaten them all, we have beaten them all! Maggie Thatcher - can you hear me, Maggie Thatcher! Your team took one hell of a beating! Your team took one hell of a beating!
:lol:
1 point a smashing does not make

Great game though

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wow, China are REALLY cheating this competition aren't they? Saw two separate incidents from the speedy skaty circle thing today.

RedDevilQuebecois

Fecking hell! Behold the most embarrassing example of poor hospitality in Olympic history. I'm sure dogs eat far better stuff than this.

Russian biathlete Valeria Vasnetsova posted that photo of what she was served while in quarantine. Apparently this is the same crap that other athletes are being served while in quarantine as well, and they are losing weight as a result. If China thinks they can give a good image about the country through those Olympics, they should dig a hole, drop that pipe dream in there, incinerate it in the hole, and bury whatever remains are left forever. What makes me laugh about this is how it pushes a very stark contrast between Tokyo and Beijing when it comes to hospitality despite COVID circumstances in the last 3 years.

RedDevilQuebecois

Wow, China are REALLY cheating this competition aren't they? Saw two separate incidents from the speedy skaty circle thing today.
Very often I have said that if they love to push people around on an ice rink, they should play ice hockey. Just can't wait for the men's ice hockey tournament to begin in 3-4 days so I can finally watch legalized brutality out there.

Grylte

So golds for Germany in biathlon and Netherlands in skating. Watching mixed team trampoline jumps now.
It’s a bit weird so far - preliminary disqualifications for jumping suit parameters for several teams
was about to comment earlier, but wasn't sure, so i googled now, what the feck are you talking about trampoline for? :lol:
Had to check if they had trampoline in the olympics, but it was as i thought the summer one :)

Mickson

Very often I have said that if they love to push people around on an ice rink, they should play ice hockey. Just can't wait for the men's ice hockey tournament to begin in 3-4 days so I can finally watch legalized brutality out there.
Can't be bothered to watch it without the NHL players.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
It's strange that so few in the UK watch the winter olympics, i understand they don't have as much snow and ice, and there's no culture for it, but as you say, the sports they compete in is MUCH more entertaining to watch.
As impressive as much in the summer is, watching someone run 100m in less than 10 seconds, isn't really very fun... sure, it's impressive, but in most cases you know who will win after 3 of those 9 seconds :lol:
Alpine, ski jumping, biathlon, relays, snowboard events... there's so much fun shit to watch!

The biathlon mixed relay today was amazing, atleast as a Norwegian :)
It's a snorefest for me. It effectively replaces my sleeping pills, so we could have it every year.

RedDevilQuebecois

Can't be bothered to watch it without the NHL players.
I know. It's a real shame because I was anticipating 3 batterings in the opening round, but we can always make up for it if the NHL "invites" China to the next edition of the World Cup of Hockey (the last one being in 2016).

Mickson

It's strange that so few in the UK watch the winter olympics, i understand they don't have as much snow and ice, and there's no culture for it, but as you say, the sports they compete in is MUCH more entertaining to watch.
As impressive as much in the summer is, watching someone run 100m in less than 10 seconds, isn't really very fun... sure, it's impressive, but in most cases you know who will win after 3 of those 9 seconds :lol:
Alpine, ski jumping, biathlon, relays, snowboard events... there's so much fun shit to watch!

The biathlon mixed relay today was amazing, atleast as a Norwegian :)
Ice hockey should be bigger in the UK. It's everything they like - pace, power, and fights.

Grylte

Ice hockey should be bigger in the UK. It's everything they like - pace, power, and fights.
That is one of the winter sports i like the least :lol:
Shit to watch on tv because the puck is impossible to see, think it's easier live, but i have never tried.
Biathlon and cross country are my favourites, can understand that cross country can be a bit boring for many, but the relay is great to watch!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

So the person that did this...just won gold. Pretty cool.

RedDevilQuebecois

I was looking forward to see what kind of comedy the Chinese man's ice hockey team is, but, holy fecking shit, that was an extreme and comical level of bad.:keano::lol::lol::lol::lol: The Chinese team is basically the entire Kunlun Red Star team from the KHL (a mainly Russian-based hockey league, the best in Europe), but they, a team that has been playing together as a club for years and that has very few 100% Chinese players, really showed why they are at the bottom of the KHL by losing 0-8 to a mixed bunch of former NHLers and NCAA boys representing the USA. I already can't wait for China's game against Canada, who defeated Germany 5-1 at the very same time.

edit: Montreal Canadiens prospect and Harvard player Sean Farrell scored 3 goals and 2 assists against China too. So I'm double happy with hockey today.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
A 15 year old failing a drugs test. Unbelievable. So sad, too, as you just know that has to be at the instruction of others (or at least most likely) and she may not even have known what was happening.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The timings in this are genuinely incredible. The gall of the Russian authorities to think they could pull it off! She tested positive on 25th December, but they only bothered to report it after she won her event in the Winter Olympics, but then fecked up by reporting it before the medal ceremony.