Wolverhampton Wanderers 18/19...

Pagh Wraith

I'm repeating myself but they are easily the best team outside the top 6. Kept West Ham to 0.13 xG tonight.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm repeating myself but they are easily the best team outside the top 6. Kept West Ham to 0.13 xG tonight.
West Ham was awfull tbh. Such a spineless team. Pellegrini there or Moyes they look the same.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Hopefully can beat Everton at the weekend cause if we do we could go on quite the run. Really hoping we solidify 7th and have a good cup run.

On tonight’s performance the different bringing in Dendoncker to the side has been phenomenal. Him Moutinho and Neves have been a class act recently.

Signing Jonny for 18mil worth every penny. And whatever benfica want for Jimenez I think it was €35mil? Give them it. 10 goals and 6 assists already this season. Sensational

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Hopefully can beat Everton at the weekend cause if we do we could go on quite the run. Really hoping we solidify 7th and have a good cup run.

On tonight’s performance the different bringing in Dendoncker to the side has been phenomenal. Him Moutinho and Neves have been a class act recently.

Signing Jonny for 18mil worth every penny. And whatever benfica want for Jimenez I think it was €35mil? Give them it. 10 goals and 6 assists already this season. Sensational
True. Imo Moutinho is Wolves best player.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah wouldn’t argue too much with that. 4 assists in 2 game? For 5 mil too what a bargain.
Those 5 million will be paid with Jimenez inflated fee. With Mendes is like that.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Those 5 million will be paid with Jimenez inflated fee. With Mendes is like that.
10 goals and 5 assists in the league and it’s only January. Wouldn’t really say £30mil is inflated at all.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
10 goals and 5 assists in the league and it’s only January. Wouldn’t really say £30mil is inflated at all.
Tbf he adapted better to the Premier League than I expected.

IrishGlen

Does 7th get a Europa League spot these days or is the third spot reserved for the cup winners?

The top 6 is going to be extremely difficult to break into but if they got Europa League football and won it there’s your Champions League passage! Hypothetically, if they were actually in it this season, they’d be my dark horse to win it so looking to the future with another good summer window, they’d have every chance!

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Does 7th get a Europa League spot these days or is the third spot reserved for the cup winners?

The top 6 is going to be extremely difficult to break into but if they got Europa League football and won it there’s your Champions League passage! Hypothetically, if they were actually in it this season, they’d be my dark horse to win it so looking to the future with another good summer window, they’d have every chance!
It’s reserved for the cup winners. But with how the league is going I’d imagine city will go all out for all 3 of the cups they’re in? We’re also still in the FA Cup, have to get past Shrewsbury and Bristol city to get into the quarters so we might have a chance at that not that I think we could win it.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
It’s reserved for the cup winners. But with how the league is going I’d imagine city will go all out for all 3 of the cups they’re in? We’re also still in the FA Cup, have to get past Shrewsbury and Bristol city to get into the quarters so we might have a chance at that not that I think we could win it.
Why not? I'd say that City are the favourites but the winner of Chelsea vs United and Wolves have every chance.

Cloud7

They’ve really flown under the radar the past few gamedays. Last time I paid attention to them I think they had hit a little slump, yet today I look at the table and see they’re in seventh. Football eh. Either that or I just remember things poorly.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Why not? I'd say that City are the favourites but the winner of Chelsea vs United and Wolves have every chance.
Just can’t see past city, think the winner of Chelsea V United will play city in the final. Here’s hoping for the magic of the cup and someone knocks out city. Would also prefer Chelsea to beat united (sorry) as I think united are a bigger threat than them.

IrishGlen

Aw, I’d actually like to see how Wolves fare in Europe. Strip away the big European names from the actual teams in the Europa and I’d have Wolves on a par with them. Say it’s a City / United v Wolves final - I assume the spot goes to Wolves even if they lose?

Your team could beat anyone on their day and the stats against the Top 6 reflect that. I never seen the game against City at the Etihad and the only other loss was Spurs? Man, I seen that game and you’s really went for them towards the end. Incredible atmosphere too! It’s funny as an outsider looking in, I feel Wolves are more likely to lose to a Cardiff than to a Liverpool but that consistency will come with time!

IMO definitely could win the cup!

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Aw, I’d actually like to see how Wolves fare in Europe. Strip away the big European names from the actual teams in the Europa and I’d have Wolves on a par with them. Say it’s a City / United v Wolves final - I assume the spot goes to Wolves even if they lose?

Your team could beat anyone on their day and the stats against the Top 6 reflect that. I never seen the game against City at the Etihad and the only other loss was Spurs? Man, I seen that game and you’s really went for them towards the end. Incredible atmosphere too! It’s funny as an outsider looking in, I feel Wolves are more likely to lose to a Cardiff than to a Liverpool but that consistency will come with time!

IMO definitely could win the cup!
Agree especially with the last part about consistency. I think now that we’ve moved to a midfield 3, we’ll do better against the weaker teams in the league. I’m hoping with these next few games we can really push on for a good win streak

IrishGlen

Agree especially with the last part about consistency. I think now that we’ve moved to a midfield 3, we’ll do better against the weaker teams in the league. I’m hoping with these next few games we can really push on for a good win streak
Yeah, I’ve been following Wolves all season and if you look at Everton, Huddersfield, Watford and Palace at home there was 11 points lost there which would have your club on 46 points sitting only a point off Chelsea / Arsenal which isn’t really that far away.

I feel that as an outsider looking in - Wolves have some very good players and coach, the stadium, the fan base and the transfer budget going forward to really push the top 6 but Wolves fans in general are probably a bit more conservative with expectations which is understandable considering your club is only back in the league.

Would you say Neves is off in the summer? and any idea on who might be coming in? I’d say Jiménez will be made permanent and I doubt the owners will “stand still” this summer! Very interesting times for Wolves!

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Yeah, I’ve been following Wolves all season and if you look at Everton, Huddersfield, Watford and Palace at home there was 11 points lost there which would have your club on 46 points sitting only a point off Chelsea / Arsenal which isn’t really that far away.

I feel that as an outsider looking in - Wolves have some very good players and coach, the stadium, the fan base and the transfer budget going forward to really push the top 6 but Wolves fans in general are probably a bit more conservative with expectations which is understandable considering your club is only back in the league.

Would you say Neves is off in the summer? and any idea on who might be coming in? I’d say Jiménez will be made permanent and I doubt the owners will “stand still” this summer! Very interesting times for Wolves!
When talking about points. I feel the same if we had played the 352 that were playing now in those games I think we’d be in a position to challenge the top 6, but it’s our first season up and a learning curve.

I can’t see Neves leaving for a few years, I don’t think anyone would match our valuation of 100mil which is reasonable. Jimenez will sign permanently, we’ve bought Jonny permanently this month supposably, thankfully as he was talking about returning to Atletico. We can thank Chelsea for that. I think we’ll spend another 70-100mil on top of buying Jimenez especially if we get a European spot.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I want to like wolves but there are too many people there that just disgust me that I simply can not. What they have done is fantastic and the way they play and the squad they have they have a great future no doubt.

Rui Patricio is scum

Moutinho is a trader and rotten apple

Jorge Mendes is a cancer.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I can’t see Neves leaving for a few years, I don’t think anyone would match our valuation of 100mil which is reasonable.
If he or Mendes want him to leave it will happen. Forget it.
I want to like wolves but there are too many people there that just disgust me that I simply can not. What they have done is fantastic and the way they play and the squad they have they have a great future no doubt.

Rui Patricio is scum

All that might be true but their fans have nothing to do with it. I even said here Moutinho is their best player. And I don't forget how he left and who was his agent who made the move.

SportingCP96

Supports
All that might be true but their fans have nothing to do with it. I even said here Moutinho is their best player. And I don't forget how he left and who was his agent who made the move.
I agree with all of that and I have nothing against the fans or the club. I just cant "like" them when I see those players playing. Granted I know the quality they posses I just as you have seen them play for many years week in week out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't Moutinho nearly sign for Spurs a few years back?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Rui Patricio is scum

Quite sure that's not allowed to be said on the caf.

SportingCP96

Supports
Quite sure that's not allowed to be said on the caf.
Why not ? should I have said plague? Ebola? a crippling disease ? It is a figure of speech meaning he is a bad and corrupt person. Dont tell me the CAF is going with the times and becoming soft and being offended by a word :rolleyes:

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
Jonny signed permanently for £15mil. Quite the coup. Been fantastic at LWB, can play RWB. And has been capped by Spain this year. Also 17mil in from stoke alone this window so basically paid for the Jonny move.

Pagh Wraith

Why not ? should I have said plague? Ebola? a crippling disease ? It is a figure of speech meaning he is a bad and corrupt person. Dont tell me the CAF is going with the times and becoming soft and being offended by a word :rolleyes:
I got a warning once for saying religion is a cancer. Even my hyper politically correct friends use it all the time for all sorts of things, "that stream quality is cancer" :lol: But yeah, some people get offended by it.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
I got a warning once for saying religion is a cancer. Even my hyper politically correct frieds use it all the time for all sorts of things, "that stream quality is cancer" :lol: But yeah, some people get offended by it.
Pretty soft to get offended by that but hey :wenger: and to be fair I can see your point on religion :wenger::lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jonny signed permanently for £15mil. Quite the coup. Been fantastic at LWB, can play RWB. And has been capped by Spain this year. Also 17mil in from stoke alone this window so basically paid for the Jonny move.
Have to say all last summer I was wondering what you let Barry Douglas go so easily and cheaply. Now I see why....

Still odd Atletico didn't at least want to see what he was like in their shirt especially now he's getting Spain caps. Buy back in the deal?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Have to say all last summer I was wondering what you let Barry Douglas go so easily and cheaply. Now I see why....

Still odd Atletico didn't at least want to see what he was like in their shirt especially now he's getting Spain caps. Buy back in the deal?
They did the same with Jota. Mendes is the answer.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah can also confirm it's not allowed, got a warning a while back for saying it about Gazidis.

Also wasn't aware people found it offensive tbh, but you live and learn.

DanWWFC

Supports
Wolves
They did the same with Jota. Mendes is the answer.
That’s not the reason at all. Atletico needed to get players of their wage bill due to Morata incoming, they made a quick 9 million for a player who never played a game for them and got him off their wage bill.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah can also confirm it's not allowed, got a warning a while back for saying it about Gazidis.

Also wasn't aware people found it offensive tbh, but you live and learn.
Well I think that should change people need to grow up.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Well I think that should change people need to grow up.
Meh, I found it kinda confusing at the time but their site, their rules. It's not exactly a big deal for me to not be able to use the word and I'm guessing it's in the rules so my bad for not reading them, I guess.

It's a weird one though, because honestly I've never thought using it in that context offends people, but obviously people in the past have complained about it so hey ho.

Trizy

Rui Patricio is scum

Hi Portuguese fans. Wasn't there something in Moutinho's case that he was tricked into going to Monaco? Or was that James/Falcao? Always liked him as a player but it's kinda odd how he flew under the radar the past few years and then takes to the PL like a duck to water. He's easily the best CM outside the top 6 imo.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Oh, and as for Wolves I think I said in a different thread about them that they were favourites to be the 'best of the rest'. I was really impressed by them in the championship, the league really isn't as easy or comfortable as they made it look and you could see that the side had Premier League quality about them. A few established internationals like Patricio and Moutinho coming in was really good business, they're a hard working outfit but combine that with genuine technical ability in the side.

I do wonder where they go next though. Genuine push on the top 6? That's going to require serious investment, you're probably going to want to add a 20+ goal a season attacker to the team, maybe a central defender too. Going to be hard to keep hold of Neves but I do think he still needs another season after this at Wolves, as much as he's had some impressive games I don't see him as quite ready for a top 4 side yet. Overall they're a breath of fresh air in the league tbh, a team with a genuine strategy who haven't just scatter gunned the market like West Ham. They remind me a little of when Swansea came up because both sides genuinely try to play football, but Wolves have the advantage of genuine financial power.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Hi Portuguese fans. Wasn't there something in Moutinho's case that he was tricked into going to Monaco? Or was that James/Falcao? Always liked him as a player but it's kinda odd how he flew under the radar the past few years and then takes to the PL like a duck to water. He's easily the best CM outside the top 6 imo.
I think Doucoure is class to be fair. Looks to be on his way to PSG but I'd love us (Spurs) to slap a huge offer on the table because he has genuine quality. Ndidi is worth a shout as well.

Moutinho is class though. We were close to signing him at one point, shame we never got it over the line.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Diogo Jota not really needed considering Griezzy stayed and Gelson Martins hardly played.

Are they planning to play Felipe Luis until he's 40? Guy is 34 now so thought they would've taken Johnny Otto back in summer and had a look at him pre season.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...onny-heartbroken-over-wolves-move_348757.html
Honestly don't think when Jota was signed by Atletico it was with the intention to play there. They bought him from a small club (Paços Ferreira) loaned him to Porto, they didn't wanted to buy him and he went to Wolves with Neves.

Regarding Jonny they bought him and imediatelly loaned him to Wolves, made sense if he returned, but don't know if the original intention was to go to Atletico if you understand what I mean.:)