Women's Euro 2017 Finals

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Proud of the England team. Holland had more quality but there was a real fighting spirit in the England side. Wish the men's side showed half as much.

Grande

well...

it's only amateur level footy so the tactics ain't gonna be rocket science, the England mix is too water-carrier based isn't it? not enough of that team can play & there's not much flexibility - ''we'll try & get Bronze forward from FB'' being about it, & he's crowbarred Kirby in the team because he needs her speed, which means Duggan is out, and that doesn't seem quite right.

Doesn't take you long to work out which team is England does it?
No, but that can also be a strength, and after a championship were England (who has never won anything of notice?) won four games with a combined 11-2 tally before going out in a tight game they may have won if they had gotten a bit more lucky with Spits's two clearances off the line, you'd have to argue that thwy got alot more right than they got wrong.

Now, having always liked the football of Holland and Denmark, I'm looking forward to the final either way ;)

Grande

Just got back from the match and I must say women's football attracts a very peculiar type of crowd. Seen and heard plenty of absurd shite tonight :lol:

Nice atmosphere in the stadium though, and a great result too. Miedema has showed over the last two matches she's in the same bracket as Martens imo. Slightly less elegant but clearly always fully aware and in control, and she's got that real poacher's instinct on top off it. Like I said before, no real weak spots in the Dutch team combined with the home advantage makes a very nice team. So many great performances tonight, read something on the previous page about Jackie Groenen, she's pretty awesome indeed.

Danish women were very tough in the group fase, we beat them 1-0 via a penalty, probably going to be a close final.
Veliciteerd! Well deserved. I've particularly enjoyed Groenen's brand of duel strength, intelligence and passing, but today I have to praise Dekker and the back four above all. I thought defense was going to be Netherland's Achilles' heel, but I've been put to shame in that respect.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Proud of the England team. Holland had more quality but there was a real fighting spirit in the England side. Wish the men's side showed half as much.
I think the england coach got his tactics wrong in this game, he was really smart at the WC but in this game his long ball approach was the wrong one to take, especially considering the England players are capable of a more thoughtful approach.

Sianti

Not available in my country. I'm in Denmark:(
The cup is hosted in the Netherlands, the Netherlands play the finals, I'm in the Netherlands and yet the stream is not available. I think that's because they have a deal with country's that have a network that broadcasts the match on national television, so they won't steal views.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Sianti

This match is already more exiting then the men's Champions League final or (without a doubt) the men's Europa League final.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
That was a clear pen for Denmark, Netherland lucky there.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wow we might win this thing. Im so excited Im tempted to pause cooking and really watch this game. Tempted..

Yagami

Good post resistant
The woman commentating (I've forgotten her name but I know who it is) speaks just like Gary Neville.

By the way, the number 10 for the Netherlands (van der something) is beautiful.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good goal, but am I the only one sick of this song (the one that Bayern play) after goals for certain clubs? I like the song but crikey!