Women's Pre-season - last mystery game now played

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It must be funny for the women's teams who've been fighting for years for every retweet, Instagram like and friendly fan site. United show up and go round deleting copyright material, closing unofficial accounts and sticking an embargo on every piece of news. Truly, United are treating the women's team like part of the club from Day One!

I am actually hoping that MUTV are recording some of the pre-season to do a nice warm up show to drum up some trade for the first official home match we play.

RedPamie

Wait what I missed the video of the goal :(

Was deep in work last night. Or else I would have downloaded the video and posted here for eternity :devil:

@muller please download it next time, we have to be creative if the club keeps doing this.

DBT85

It must be funny for the women's teams who've been fighting for years for every retweet, Instagram like and friendly fan site. United show up and go round deleting copyright material, closing unofficial accounts and sticking an embargo on every piece of news. Truly, United are treating the women's team like part of the club from Day One!

I am actually hoping that MUTV are recording some of the pre-season to do a nice warm up show to drum up some trade for the first official home match we play.
It really is a concerted effort to keep it all hidden which is going above and beyond anything I've seen in football before.

I really can't get over how pleased I am that we have finally entered the womens game. The sport is growing and we've got the name, the badge and the resources to support them properly and make stars in the game.

Since United are once again selling kits for infants, I might have to get one for my little girl. My Nephew has 7 on his back (he's 18 months old haha) so I might got for 11 for my girl. Shes not even a year old quite yet!

Incidentally. As kids my brother and I had 4 or 5 United shirts each. Not once did any of them get a name or number put on the back. First grandchild comes along and our dad gets it done for the kid!!

Reactions: KM

The_Order

I genuinely think Manchester United will propel the womens game globally.

Also - can we watch their league games on MUTV? Can't wait to follow from Day 1.
It's why we should be doing it.

Grande

Blackburn game was also played behind closed doors it seems, with the outcome yet again not available to the public.

I can understand some of the reasoning behind it (being a brand new team and all), but it's becoming a little frustrating.

In good news though, seems Jess Sigsworth scored the first ever goal for United!

Good news indeed to get the striker going early. Sounds as though Sigsworth bagged a couple herself?

She needs to be told it’s not the first United women goal, though, and not the first United team. Her predecessors are an important part of the story.

RedPamie

:lol: even for the development squad match!

£50 for a drone? Value for money!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
:lol: even for the development squad match!

£50 for a drone? Value for money!
Well, at least we now know that we've got reserves/U21 team or whatever in place, and we're calling it the Development Squad. I guess the next big question we get answered on that side will be, "So are we joining the FA Development League structure."

Dudu

Fixtures out on 1st August.
Fixtures for The FA Women’s Super League, FA Women’s Championship and group fixtures for The FA Women's Continental Tyres League Cup will be released at 11am on Wednesday 1 August.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/24/the-fa-wsl-wc-clubs-confirmed-240718

The Continental Tyres League Cup, our first official competitive competition, begins on the weekend of 18-19 August.

Also.. can't officially confirm, but supposedly a leaflet was issued regarding the women's team ticket prices, along with the distribution of Season Tickets for the men's team. They look very reasonable.. 6 pounds for a game!

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The ticket prices are fair and good value for the money.

When my local women’s club was in their prime they had four world class and one superstar player starting every game , we won the CL that year, we paid £9/game. If I remeber correctly the highest paid player earned approx £10k/month and average salary for the whole team was close to £3k/month. That year they had roughly a attendance of 7k/game. One of the best women’s team ever.

Uniteds women’s team should look for 10k spectators/game as their first goal. United has the marketing infra structure to make this possible.

DBT85

I'd be all over that season ticket if I didn't live 115 miles away.
Uniteds women’s team should look for 10k spectators/game as their first goal. United has the marketing infra structure to make this possible.
Isn't the average attendance something like 1000 at the moment? if so, 10,000 is a huge leap.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Isn't the average attendance something like 1000 at the moment? if so, 10,000 is a huge leap.
Yep. City has the biggest League crowds in England and they get around 2000. Their ground is a lot easier to get to for most Mancunians as well.

I'm not sure how many matches I'll be able to get to, but given the price and the relative costs I will buy a season ticket. So they've obviously pitched it right for me, and I'm sure that will encourage me to get to more matches to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. :smirk:

RedPamie

Looks like the girls got some work out and conceded some goals too :)

I'm not a fan of boys vs girls here but maybe they really need game time hence this solution.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why the feck has our club allowed themto publicise the result? Are they complete fecking idiots?

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
I think the Academy92 lads just blabbed. I'd have thought they were asked to keep the outcome quiet the same way our women, and the Liverpool/Blackburn teams have done in the other pre-season stuff.

The only reason for playing behind closed doors is to keep the heat off and the only reason for women/girls to play lads teams is to play a team that's faster and stronger than you. It's not supposed to be contest, it's supposed to be a challenge and a chance to practice.

Boycott

Why the feck has our club allowed themto publicise the result? Are they complete fecking idiots?
They probably didn't.

Salford City will do anything for a bit of publicity.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They probably didn't.

Salford City will do anything for a bit of publicity.
I mean I suppose it should be interms of an agreement or something? What's the use of playing behind closed door friendlies then.

RedPamie

Did you guys see one of their goals? They also posted the video. I'm not sure it's supposed to be published. The boy made fun of Alex Greenwood nonetheless. Oh well.

The pitch :eek:

It's done. So the girls/women get the taste of being Manchester United players.

Boycott

I mean I suppose it should be interms of an agreement or something? What's the use of playing behind closed door friendlies then.
I've seen enough of Salford in the last year to believe they - once again - decided they are above being fair.

Any publicity is good publicity for them. They get to tag @ManUtd into their academy page and get a boost in clicks (notice its called Academy 92, not Salford City Academy)

vangagal

I've seen enough of Salford in the last year to believe they - once again - decided they are above being fair.

Any publicity is good publicity for them. They get to tag @ManUtd into their academy page and get a boost in clicks (notice its called Academy 92, not Salford City Academy)
\
Bit OOT but :lol: They are really milking that brand eh? Clown.

MrPooni

Looks like the girls got some work out and conceded some goals too :)

I'm not a fan of boys vs girls here but maybe they really need game time hence this solution.
The state of some of those replies. The tweet itself is pretty shocking too given one of the lad's is clearly gripping his cock while pulling a smug face.

Dudu

Seriously annoyed these results were allowed to be published.

Why hasn't the club contacted them to remove these posts? I have no doubt they were clearly instructed to keep the results private.
Hope there are consequences to this.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Hope there are consequences to this.
I doubt there will be any consequences, except we won't invite them (or accept an invitation) to play another closed doors friendly.

As soon as the tweet was made, it was game over really. Hilarious bantz for the lads involved and the twitter trolls, bloody annoying for anyone interested in the women's team.