World Cup Betting Thread

Ole90+3

Going for a treble of:

Over 2.0 Goals - Spain v Chile
Japan to win or draw - Japan v Greene
Over 1.5 Goals - Colombia v Ivory Coast

@ 2.38

Also going to be betting on the total amount of cards to go over in the Spain game. Will wait to get a better line in play.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Scrap that, I'm playing on.

Netherlands at 1/4, then laying Chile at 5/1 and Cameroon at similar price. Think it should be pretty safe. If it doesn't come off I'll definitely end my betting for this World Cup.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If you want a banker for today then throw 100 on Over 2 goal line on Chile vs Spain @1.30
easy 30 quid there
The last 4 games between the sides have all gone over 2.5, but I'm worried Spain will play conservatively and look to keep it tight after what happened against Netherlands.

gaz1185

said it earlier myself, I think it might be in the Croatia match... I think Cameroon are going to sneak a goal in and it'll be 1-1!!
Yeah that's the match that I'm worried about too, I was confident earlier that Croatia had enough to overcome Cameroon - especially after their performance against Mexico, but I can see it being a tight match and Cameroon grabbing a stuffy goal.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Double of Over 2.5 goals in the Netherlands match and over 1.5 goals in the Croatia match at evens.
Like the look of that.

Scrap that, I'm playing on.

Netherlands at 1/4, then laying Chile at 5/1 and Cameroon at similar price. Think it should be pretty safe. If it doesn't come off I'll definitely end my betting for this World Cup.
By laying do you basically mean Spain to win or draw? So Netherlands, Spain win/draw and Cameroon is your treble?

DaniDan

Australia 0 - 2 Netherlands
Combined with Spain 1 - 1 Chile
@ 52.5

Sarni

Like the look of that.

By laying do you basically mean Spain to win or draw? So Netherlands, Spain win/draw and Cameroon is your treble?
Nope, I'm laying Cameroon which means I don't expect them to win. It's playing it very safe, albeit at a high stake.

Ady87

Okay, all I can do is make informed decisions and go again. It has to change at some point! Going with the same idea...

£25 on Holland over 1.5 goals at 3/10.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Nope, I'm laying Cameroon which means I don't expect them to win. It's playing it very safe, albeit at a high stake.
I see sorry. I saw you put down 5/1 so I bemuzed as to how you managed to get 5/1 from Netherlands, Spain/Draw and Croatia/Draw. I assume the 5/1 was a typo?

gaz1185

Ah feck it, no big bets today, just a cheeky pound on:

Spain to win BTTS
Croatia to win BTTS
Robben to score 2 or more

67.5-1

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I see sorry. I saw you put down 5/1 so I bemuzed as to how you managed to get 5/1 from Netherlands, Spain/Draw and Croatia/Draw. I assume the 5/1 was a typo?
He's backing Holland to win at 1/4 and (essentially) backing Chile and Cameroon not to win at ~ 1/5 each - they're all singles

Sarni

He's backing Holland to win at 1/4 and (essentially) backing Chile and Cameroon not to win at ~ 1/5 each - they're all singles
Indeed. The total of that will be less than evens but should be pretty safe.

Cantonarightboot

Right, think I am going to go with this little treble

Holland (-1) @ 4/6
Spain / Chile - Handicap Draw @ 12/5
Croatia @ 8/11

Works out at 10/1

Think it was mentioned above earlier:
Double

Holland & Croatia (-1), works out about 5/1.

DannyDash

The last 4 games between the sides have all gone over 2.5, but I'm worried Spain will play conservatively and look to keep it tight after what happened against Netherlands.
Yeah Ive contemplated they might not want to play an open dangerous game but at the same time Chile simply dont park the bus, I expect at least 2 goals minimum thus why over 2 goal line is safer for a bigger stake

Sarni

All in, playing a $110 bonus I got at work today on Netherlands -1 at 1.85!

Win or go home.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And there's the over 1.5 in very early. Thank you.
Winnings on Spain to win now I think. Maybe cover with a draw no bet, just incase.

Brwned

Indeed. The total of that will be less than evens but should be pretty safe.
I still think Chile are in with a shout of winning it myself but then I thought that in the last World Cup too. This time without Villa and with a weaker midfield though...

I went the other way myself today. I've made a small profit so decided I'd push it a bit further on the "safe" bets:

xeebok

sign him up. Ive gone no goals to be scored after 78 mins so fecking hold on.

Cantonarightboot

another ridiculous ref decision costing me money, fecking cnut!!!! really sick of it at this stage... If I don't get a good win tonight now I'm done with this world cup!!!

dasty

5 straight losses. Ghana, Belgium, Brazil, Russia and now Holland are pretty damn terrible at being convincing. This World Cup is quite a joke for betting. Great for watching but totally abysmal for betting. Betting my last amount of money on Croatia to win and if I lose it then I'm done with this World Cup.

Sarni

you can thank the ref for that!!
Funny thing is I wanted to play Netherlands at 1.25 and opted for -1 because I thought odds were great. Third time in a row I did that and ended up losing money. Terrible World Cup betting wise, just dropped my bonus.

Brwned

Right lads I need your advice here, shall I cash out for an £80 profit or hold out for £160? All I need is one goal from Spain. I'll wait a bit to see how they react after half time but I'm not confident of Spain scoring here...

Cantonarightboot

Funny thing is I wanted to play Netherlands at 1.25 and opted for -1 because I thought odds were great. Third time in a row I did that and ended up losing money. Terrible World Cup betting wise, just dropped my bonus.

Tell me about it, I've Spain for the Handicap draw here so that is as good as gone now. Slim to no chance now of them coming back and scoring three!!

ccfc4

Right lads I need your advice here, shall I cash out for an £80 profit or hold out for £160? All I need is one goal from Spain. I'll wait a bit to see how they react after half time but I'm not confident of Spain scoring here...
no point cashing in, stick 20 on no more goals.