World Cup Betting Thread

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I stuck £25 on under 2.5 goals at 5/1 but I can see Chile scoring another and screwing up both...

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm done with the World Cup anyway, lost some money but not too much - very difficult tournament to bet on even though I was more than $200 up at one point (and it was only a couple of days ago).

Ady87

First two days or so it all went to plan and each team followed the script and it all started with Spain v Holland and has gone comfortably down hill for me since then.

Jambo037

First two days or so it all went to plan and each team followed the script and it all started with Spain v Holland and has gone comfortably down hill for me since then.
Likewise for me. Fuming with myself for some of the bets I've had aswell.

Cantonarightboot

had €30 left, lumped it on chile to win 2-0 in the 80th min, €20 profit...back up to €50! :lol:

Is this the most off the wall WC ever? Can't recall a tournament being so completely unpredictable... can't take a single thing for granted!

Cantonarightboot

what you have on
Treble : Holland (-1), Spain handicap draw & Croatia...both lost so far in that :lol: €10

Also €5 on RVP 1st GS & 3-0 Holland!

Had double also on both Holland & Croatia (-1)

Basically been hacked away at the last few days, let down by Uruguay, Belgium in one or two other bets, Spain have let me down now on dual forecast (two of them)... Need to check through my dockets.

My online PP A/c was on its last legs (still pretty much is), I'll look at the line ups for Croatia and going to lump on something pretty much certain.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Croatia -1 for me. Cameroon were hopeless against a decent Mexico. 1-0 flattered them in all honesty. Croatia need to win and I can't see them struggling with Mandzukic back.

DannyDash

Treble : Holland (-1), Spain handicap draw & Croatia...both lost so far in that :lol: €10

Also €5 on RVP 1st GS & 3-0 Holland!

Had double also on both Holland & Croatia (-1)

Basically been hacked away at the last few days, let down by Uruguay, Belgium in one or two other bets, Spain have let me down now on dual forecast (two of them)... Need to check through my dockets.

My online PP A/c was on its last legs (still pretty much is), I'll look at the line ups for Croatia and going to lump on something pretty much certain.
Spain seriously? goals was the option with Chile playing. -1's are very hard to predict in World Cup games, overs are the thing right now every game nearly having goals galore, thats where the money is.

Cantonarightboot

Spain seriously? goals was the option with Chile playing. -1's are very hard to predict in World Cup games, overs are the thing right now every game nearly having goals galore, thats where the money is.

Well its easy saying that now isn't it :lol:

Ah this WC is very unpredictable, Costa Rica, Aussies, Chile, Algeria, all causing shocks and playing well. The odds on over 1.5 goals in Spain match we're pretty crap, got 5/2 handicap draw for Spain. Thought it'd be close, 2-1 ideally you know.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Well its easy saying that now isn't it :lol:

Ah this WC is very unpredictable, Costa Rica, Aussies, Chile, Algeria, all causing shocks and playing well. The odds on over 1.5 goals in Spain match we're pretty crap, got 5/2 handicap draw for Spain. Thought it'd be close, 2-1 ideally you know.
The only real shocks were Holland, Costa Rica and the Chile win today. I didn't touch the Holland - Spain game personally because the draw looked dangerous.
Other than that, Australia lost twice and Algeria also lost :confused:

Cantonarightboot

The only real shocks were Holland, Costa Rica and the Chile win today. I didn't touch the Holland - Spain game personally because the draw looked dangerous.
Other than that, Australia lost twice and Algeria also lost :confused:

I was doing handicap betting on some of them, so it depends on the score line... Earlier I had Holland (-1)... they won 3-2..but because of the -1 the bet dictates it ended 2-2. So I lost that... few others like that also! They've added up now, 5 or 6 bets like that this week now, chips away at the balance...

Gonna go back to more straight forward bets, accumulators (quite good at them) and over / under bets!

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I was doing handicap betting on some of them, so it depends on the score line... Earlier I had Holland (-1)... they won 3-2..but because of the -1 the bet dictates it ended 2-2. So I lost that... few others like that also! They've added up now, 5 or 6 bets like that this week now, chips away at the balance...

Gonna go back to more straight forward bets, accumulators (quite good at them) and over / under bets!
Oh right yeah, I stayed away from handicaps for the world cup.

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
I've gone with on chile (win or draw), holland and croatia. +300 something

Got dutch with half time full time.
Also got dutch clean sheet.
And got croatia clean sheet.

Hopefully today I won't get fecked in the ass like yesterday.
This was my original post where I put cake on chile. Only dutch fecked me with their no clean sheet and half time full time when they got complacent. Tomorrow is gonna be a tough day for betting, I never touch england as their too unpredictable and anything can happen in the other games. We that said I put $5 on ivory coast colombia draw, england urugay draw and japan win. Return of $130 so that's not a bad return at all.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Croatia -1 for me. Cameroon were hopeless against a decent Mexico. 1-0 flattered them in all honesty. Croatia need to win and I can't see them struggling with Mandzukic back.
Cashed out for £4 short of the total. Nice £320 for me.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Columbia at over evens are over priced tomorrow. If the line ups are as usual then they're definitely worth a shot. Japan will be one to watch in play.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Columbia at over evens are over priced tomorrow. If the line ups are as usual then they're definitely worth a shot. Japan will be one to watch in play.
Yep, looking at that right now with a few others. Colombia will win IMO.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Finally made something on that Croatia match.

Had Manzukic to score anytime, and then when that came in I put it all on him to score anytime again.
Also had 4-0 when it was 3-0.

Columbia, Uruguay and Japan treble interests me. 17/1. Quietly confident on the Colombia and Japan. Might just do the double.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've taken a Colombia/England double. Just over 3/1. England will beat that poor Colombia team I reckon.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Had money on Chile to go through after Spain's first defeat. Very happy.

Didn't bother calculating the odds but it seemed very unlikely that Spain would go through after a 4-0 defeat in a FIFA competition (goal difference rather than head to head)

ecantona7

Whatever happens, there are always things you coul
got a couple of bets for tmw. Parlay of colombia ivory coast draw, england uruguay draw and japan win.
got urugay, england and japan to score
and last parlay is colombia and japan win.

Other than Japan I'm not really confident of the outcome of the other two matches.