World Cup Betting Thread

Ole90+3

I'm on Germany big.

Got them early at 2.3 to qualify before the Neymar news broke. Silva is arguably a bigger miss anyway.

Surprised Germany aren't heavier favourites which makes me slightly concerned.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm on Germany big.

Got them early at 2.3 to qualify before the Neymar news broke. Silva is arguably a bigger miss anyway.

Surprised Germany aren't heavier favourites which makes me slightly concerned.
It's the fact Brazil are undefeated on Brazilian soil for over a decade is what concerns me. I may jump on Germany later though.

Ole90+3

Can't see there being many goals.

2/1 for Germany Cleant sheet.
6/1 for no goalscorer

Also like there to be a lot of fouls committed by Brazil.

over 20 Brazil fouls @1.9

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Can't see there being many goals.

2/1 for Germany Cleant sheet.
6/1 for no goalscorer

Also like there to be a lot of fouls committed by Brazil.

over 20 Brazil fouls @1.9
I looked at the fouls market but as far as I can tell Brazil haven't committed over 20 fouls in 90 minutes in any game this tournament so I couldn't do it. It'd make more sense to go for the draw @ 3.2 if I thought that would happen. Decided to go for Fernandinho over 3.5 fouls @ 1.65

Ole90+3

I looked at the fouls market but as far as I can tell Brazil haven't committed over 20 fouls in 90 minutes in any game this tournament so I couldn't do it. It'd make more sense to go for the draw @ 3.2 if I thought that would happen. Instead I went for Fernandinho over 3.5 fouls @ 1.65

Fernadinho bet looks decent.

I think after the widely reported awful referee displays in the quarter finals, the referees will release that lock on their card pockets a bit for the 2 upcoming ties.

If you like Fernandinho over 3.5 bet then maybe "to be shown a card" @3.25 maybe worth a punt.

Can't see him getting away with 5 fouls without a booking.

Can't find many good lines for Brazil over 1.5 bookings. Think 1.6 is slightly short

Kita

Hell I want to place a big bet on Germany to win in normal time but I just can't pull the trigger. Then I want to bet Germany to advance and I can't do that either. I really cannot see Brazil winning without Neymar and Silva but idk, I'm worried the Germans will bottle it. Football, damn football.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I have €10 on Brazil to qualify @ 4/1, €11 for Germany with €21 returns, €10 on Germany & Argentina with €32 returns, €4.61 on Germany in 90 minutes and BTTS with €30 returns.

It all got a bit confusing :lol: Don't think I can possibly come out worse off so I'm not too fussed.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Can anyone tell me what is the criteria for the Golden Boot in case of same number of goals scored? I read assists somewhere before, but what if that's the same as well, what is the third thing?

EDIT: Never mind, Wiki is helpful here, it's the least amount of time played then.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I have €10 on Brazil to qualify @ 4/1, €11 for Germany with €21 returns, €10 on Germany & Argentina with €32 returns, €4.61 on Germany in 90 minutes and BTTS with €30 returns.

It all got a bit confusing :lol: Don't think I can possibly come out worse off so I'm not too fussed.
Many ways you can come out worse off.

Germany draw, then Germany win in et or pens, and argies to lose.

Muffled funk

Not to be trusted
Can anyone tell me what is the criteria for the Golden Boot in case of same number of goals scored? I read assists somewhere before, but what if that's the same as well, what is the third thing?

EDIT: Never mind, Wiki is helpful here, it's the least amount of time played then.
With the bookies it may be different as at the euros my bet with bet365, the odds were split according to the amount of players that tied top scorer, like a dead heat in a horse race.

Sir Fergie

On the Germans to qualify @ 10/11, Brazil haven't been that impressive so far and the loss of Neymar and Silva is a big blow for them.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Many ways you can come out worse off.

Germany draw, then Germany win in et or pens, and argies to lose.
Actually should have said, they're all to qualify, not 90 minutes. Except for the Germany to win and BTTS.

You're right though, if Germany win via ET or penalties and Argentina lose then I'll have lost €15 ish.

EDIT- Just notice you've already said that :lol: Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Kita

Went with Germany to win in normal time. 2:1 pay out. I'm going to regret this.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Where is Bernard playing and who will he be up against.

Stick a few quid on Alves to be booked, but fancy whoever Bernard is up against to get a card too

Sir Fergie

Where is Bernard playing and who will he be up against.

Stick a few quid on Alves to be booked, but fancy whoever Bernard is up against to get a card too
I assume Lahm, could be a fluid front line though with him playing anywhere across the front 3 at some point

Brwned

Hell I want to place a big bet on Germany to win in normal time but I just can't pull the trigger. Then I want to bet Germany to advance and I can't do that either. I really cannot see Brazil winning without Neymar and Silva but idk, I'm worried the Germans will bottle it. Football, damn football.
I was the same but I ended up sticking £50 on the FT win @ 2.02 and £100 on the Germans to qualify @ 2.9 which'll be half of my unibet profits down the drain if the Brazilians pull it off. Also had a £66 free bet on BTS at evens. The bookies obviously don't think both will score and neither do most people I talk to but I can't see the Germans getting a clean sheet even against a weak Brazil team and I'd be shocked if they didn't score.

Last edited:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
With the bookies it may be different as at the euros my bet with bet365, the odds were split according to the amount of players that tied top scorer, like a dead heat in a horse race.
Yeah, but my bookie carried strictly "Golden Boot" bet, so, in the words of immortal Christopher Lambert, there can be only one.

Thought about putting larger sum on Rodriguez @ 1.50, but at the end, decided against. Though, Muller needs three goals or two and an assist, while Messi 3, or 2 and 2.

Ady87

Was looking at 5 or more for a laugh earlier at crazy odds as well haha.

I've got Germany win BTTS at 7.6. Only £10 on though but can't even see Brazil scoring!

Brwned

Fernandinho's definitely getting the half-time hook so there goes that! Great call on the -1 at 6/1, just couldn't do it myself

Ole90+3

Kroos over 78.5% Pass success was probably the easiest bet of all time.

Also but £10 on Schurrle to score next when he came on at 13/1 :lol:

Took the bookies to the cleaners. Tempted to close all my betting accounts. Will never have a win like this again.

LInkash

08-Jul-14
18:33Brazil vs Germany
Germany - Match Result 19/1055.00Won159.50

Have lost 50 quid on loads of little £1/£2.50 bets so just thought feck it and went big to make a profit :D

Brwned

That's a stupidly low line :lol:

What odds was that?
I had a look at that but backed away when I saw FIFA's absurd stats. In the last game Opta had him at 85%, FIFA had him at 73%. Against Algeria he had just 80% according to FIFA.

Zen

So one of my pre-tourny bets lives.....Schurrle top pre scorer.....on par with RVP right now. What happens if that stays the same? Only 50p at 33/1....do I get a refund or partial profit here?