g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

World Cup Betting Thread

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Tell me about it! I'd have definitely put a few quid on it had Argentina not destroyed any trust I had in anything I touched not to turning to shit.
This world cup is a fecking nightmare for betting. I was utterly convinced this game would have goals in normal time, especially considering the last 2 have been goalless, the quarter finals will have more goals.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Amazing. Well done. The Germany and Argentina games going to extra time must have cost punters quite a few quid. Unless people have been betting on teams to qualify and not on the matches.
Unibet tell me I have lost this bet so maybe it wasn't all that amazing...

If this doesn't come off I am quitting for this WC. Opta have him at 91% so how FIFA could have him at less than 86% I have no idea

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool

If this doesn't come off I am quitting for this WC. Opta have him at 91% so how FIFA could have him at less than 86% I have no idea
That's a fecking joke, How can there be two different stats? Something fishy going on there :confused:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't think Opta is official so any bets won't take it into consideration, there's not a chance there'd be a 6% difference between two sources though.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

Someone on here (forget who) said they include a lot if stupid events in their calculations, things like failed crosses and being tackled probably lowered the completion rate. Awful way to calculate it but they'll probably not even enter into debate about it with you.

knack

Fukin hell that has to be a joke !! I wud have got on that bet as well its just that currently I am only registered to b365 and they dont offer possesion bets. Cant beat yourself over it though , it was perfectly safe bet on paper had it not been for fifa screwing up their stats.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Someone on here (forget who) said they include a lot if stupid events in their calculations, things like failed crosses and being tackled probably lowered the completion rate. Awful way to calculate it but they'll probably not even enter into debate about it with you.
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/83...nal-FIFA-World-Cup-2014-Argentina-Switzerland

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/docume...73/60/55_0701_arg-sui_passingdistribution.pdf

"FIFA does not vouch for the accuracy of techinical statistics compiled in association with its competition results system partner."

Not only do they not vouch for it, they can't even spell technical. Damn. Well there's a lesson there alright...

On top of that I used the other £33 to bet on Inler to have under 3.5 fouls, WhoScored say he had 3, I can't see any stats from FIFA about fouls other than Inler made 3 tackles. Serves me right!

Last edited:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
If there is one thing I've learnt during this World Cup, it's always to go for the safest bet whenever you bet big on an accumulator. I placed these 2 bets on an accumulator before the start of the World Cup:

Could have won £16,626 + with a £3600 bet. All Italy need was just a draw.
Really gutted that Italy didn't qualify or else my winnings would have almost tripled.

Decided to try my luck again on an accumulator and Germany screwed up my parlay!

Was thinking whether to put Germany to qualify or win in normal time and decided to go for the win in normal time and what a mistake it turned out to be. Could have won £22k+ and when the score was still 0-0 in the 88th min, I decided to cash out. Also had the option to cash out before the start of the Germany vs Algeria match which would have won me £12k+ but who would have thought that Germany can't beat Algeria in normal time.

I'm going to try the same accumulator again in the quarter-finals although it's definitely going to be a little more risky this time round.

Brazil, Germany, Holland, Argentina to qualify to the semi-final. Should get much better odds this time but obviously the risk is higher.
Contact Niall and give him a generous offer for redcafe.net. Then promote yourself.

Havak

Pokemon master
Germany players apparently have flu so this could be a big chance for France depending on which ones are out (if any are really out at all). Colombia look strong, so I will probably do something with both of the slight underdogs. However, I'm interested in this:

Germany & BTTS @ 5/1
Brazil & BTTS @ 10/3

£10 double returns £260.

I think France can get at the Germany defence no matter what happens, as long as Mertesacker plays :P
Brazil have been average but keep pulling it off.

Sadly, I think one of the games is likely to go the distance of extra time and possibly penalties, so the winnings might be in backing teams to qualify on top of whatever else you do.

Each match is Evens for BTTS as well, which might be worth a bet as all of these teams have been playing relatively open football.

Last edited:

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Bet on Germany last night...gutted to see the odds go from 1.78 to 1.925 to advance

ps. If there's one thing I really hate about you british people is the fact that you use division system....get with the times and use the damn decimal system!!!!

Waitey

France & Colombia double @ 12/1
France, Brazil & Argetina games all BTTS 6/1

Zen

Amazingly enough.....just put a £1 live bet on Thiago Silva next scorer.....went out of the balance......but after he scored like 30 seconds later, just acted like it never happened with the £1 back in. Insane. Brutal.

Ady87

Went against the run of results from these knockout games and took over 1.5 first half in this Brazil game at 2/1. £20 stake.

That early goal helps just need another!

Jammydodger7

It's been a good world cup betting wise for me. However Costa Rica have been my nemesis. I've actually backed against them in every game now that I think about it ha. So no point in changing now, gonna make back all the money I lost on them. Holland -1 are 6/4, thats my bet I think!

Whilst Costa Rica have been punching above their weight and putting in some great performances I think playing 60 mins with only 10 men will have taking a lot out of them added to the fact that they've put in a lot of effort in all there games, I think tomorrow will be the end of the road for them.

Zen

The run of favourites has to end.......Belgium can be had at nearly 3/1 in 90. Ultra tempting.

Originut

The group stages made this a successful World Cup for me, I've barely bet on the knockout stages thankfully.

The only open bet I've still got is Brazil to win the cup, which with a full strength squad I think they would, but with Neymar and Silva out of the Germany game, I think it might be time to place some bets on Deutschland.

Cpt Negative

Took 25/1 on Kompany to see red.

Come on vinny, give us one of them two footers you like

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Didn't bet on any of the last 16 matches, and only put a £5 on Germany to win last night.

Really find it hard to bet now. I enjoy the matches a lot more without having money on it :lol:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Obviously didn't bet on Keylor Navas to be the highest rated player again, because I'm an idiot.

Not making the same mistake if they get through.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Pre tournament, I went for a Brazil-Argentina final at 8/1.

Undecided whether I'll cover that tonight. I might just enjoy the game tonight, and if Brazil somehow manage to pass Germany I'll probably cover the Dutch beating Argentina tomorrow.