World Cup Betting Thread

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Playing for fun is far better. Whenever I have tried to be calculative, I have lost. But recently I have just had a look over the teams and the matches and bet instinctively, and have incidentally started turning over profits, and have stayed away from the dicey matches. And as of today, I am in the plus, albeit small, but still.

As others have said, singles and at most doubles is the best way. Long shots bets hardly ever come off.
I remember how much stress I had during some games on which I had $100 or $150 on - even though it's not really a huge amount of money and I'll make it back at work in a matter of a few hours so losing it doesn't mean that much it still put plenty of stress on me. Nowadays I have $20 or $30 on a game it's not much of a stress, and I probably have a better hit rate since I changed my tactics! Almost got a 14/1 bet on Netherlands yesterday too only to lose because the amount of cards didn't click.

This World Cup is too good to be spoiled by bold $150 losing bets that but a damper on a game.

thisISben

When I bet £100 yesterday it was part of Ladbrokes new customer £100 free bet offer, so I had £200 returned to me and a £100 free bet!

Chucked the free bet on a simple France and Germany double, returns £95 as I don't keep the stake.

Really can't see how this will lose. France and Germany at 70/80% should cruise today.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I remember how much stress I had during some games on which I had $100 or $150 on - even though it's not really a huge amount of money and I'll make it back at work in a matter of a few hours so losing it doesn't mean that much it still put plenty of stress on me. Nowadays I have $20 or $30 on a game it's not much of a stress, and I probably have a better hit rate since I changed my tactics! Almost got a 14/1 bet on Netherlands yesterday too only to lose because the amount of cards didn't click.

This World Cup is too good to be spoiled by bold $150 losing bets that but a damper on a game.
Same here. I am just betting with tenners and doubling them over. Looks safest and harmless fun.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
you can't bet on motm any more anyway. And never try to chase losses guys, it's how people go broke, if you bet reasonably big money and don't have the discipline to avoid chasing losses I really suggest you stop gambling, it's just a risk not worth taking.

Anyway, again, Benzema to outscore Emineke at 11/2
I see they've changed the odds on this bet to from 6.5 to 2.4...after I'd already placed the bet? What exactly can I do about that?

Ole90+3

When I bet £100 yesterday it was part of Ladbrokes new customer £100 free bet offer, so I had £200 returned to me and a £100 free bet!

Chucked the free bet on a simple France and Germany double, returns £95 as I don't keep the stake.

Really can't see how this will lose. France and Germany at 70/80% should cruise today.
Ohhhh boy.

knack

I agree I was putting 50 / 100$ on bets at the start of the world cup and the stress of it all was killing the fun of world cup for me . I also lost more bets at the start than won and its only a huge anger bet due to which I broke even . Since then I have been betting with tenners only at max , only went more for columbia game .

So I started betting with tenners and I have been winning way more bets since and tesion isnt spoiling the cup for me . Its funny though as at the start I was betting huge sums trying to win huge and couldnt and now I am just playing for fun and am actually doing well . Maybe thats the trick I guess.. maybe when we play with bigger sums we end up convincing ourselves of the outcome or something I guess

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I agree I was putting 50 / 100$ on bets at the start of the world cup and the stress of it all was killing the fun of world cup for me . I also lost more bets at the start than won and its only a huge anger bet due to which I broke even . Since then I have been betting with tenners only at max , only went more for columbia game .

So I started betting with tenners and I have been winning way more bets since and tesion isnt spoiling the cup for me . Its funny though as at the start I was betting huge sums trying to win huge and couldnt and now I am just playing for fun and am actually doing well . Maybe thats the trick I guess.. maybe when we play with bigger sums we end up convincing ourselves of the outcome or something I guess
I deposited $30 at the start of World Cup and had $200+ after a day. Lost some at Uruguay, won some, lost some, won some, ended up with nothing on my account and then won $160 at Ghana v USA - which I proceeded to lose the next day on Brazil v Mexico. Then I deposited $120 in order to be more likely to make a big profit and instantly lost it all on Netherlands -1 against Australia. It was frustrating but I didn't try to chase losses immediately, instead I was prepared to take my losses and accept that I'm probably not going to win money at this World Cup - all my remaining games have been around a fiver or a tennner and I've done reasonably well with them, haven't won much but it's been plenty fun. My fault for not putting money on Colombia win BTTS against Japan which I had a good feeling about. The worst is still triple bet for 90 mins, corners and cards in Argentina v Nigeria which was priced around 12/1 I think and I already had a tenner on it but decided to opt out - it came off and I won zilch because I didn't take the risk.

I've basically lost a part of my last month's bonus from work in betting at this World Cup so it's not that bad since I didn't expect that bonus anyway. Lately it's been much better though.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It'd be very good if Germany and France both win, it's over 2.5 in both games and Algeria get a goal. Very, very good.

Sir Fergie

Betfair have France and Germany both to win at 6/4 - think there is a £25 limit though.

BarcaSpurs

I see they've changed the odds on this bet to from 6.5 to 2.4...after I'd already placed the bet? What exactly can I do about that?
I know its late now and I hope you managed to sort it but you should have got an email from paddypower saying they'll void the bet if you contact them. shame but it happens, but you have to remember for every 4 that get palped there'll be 1 that you get away with.

Zen

Hummels being out doesn't effect Algeria's chances of a goal tbf. If btts is the same odds as -1....I'd take the -1. Which I have in a fourfold though, with Argentina as the last one.

Ady87

Had £20 on France first goal returns £45 at 75mins. My mate had £50 on for £95 slightly earlier then stuck the £45 profit on France second goal on 82mins at 19/10. Nice profit in twenty mins.

I'm looking at something to do with my winnings here.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

It's time we all lay Germany then :lol:

Nero

I just need Germany and Argentina to win now for a £1000 profit.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Algeria to score the first is at 3.6 on bet365 right now. I'm going for it.

Jammydodger7

I have a £5 free bet to use tonight so I've gone for a long shot, Argentina and Switzerland to draw and USA to beat Belgium, £5 will return around £100

knack

What happens if neither scores?
Well its a 3 way bet and odds of them drawing ( both scoring same amout of goals or both not scoring ) are 1.72 and lukaku to outscore dempsey is 3.25 . So basically I lose if its a draw .

Still havent done it , contemplating though . I won gyan vs muller at arnd 5 and dempsey vs ronaldo at 8 so these bets can be profitable sometimes.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Always seem to lose when I tell people my bets when they're in play.

Safe to say only me and my online bookie know who my money is on tonight :lol: