World Cup Betting Thread

Mr Bridger

so if for example algeria score no goals then slimani is by default equal top scorer - or is the stake divided by 23?

this is why i tend to just bet on win / draw - otherwise I just confuse myself
Not 100% sure myself but I think odds on each player will be split between X amount of players on the same goals.
There is an option for no goal scorer so that will count as a loss.

Marty1968

Japan to win their group 4/1.

Also placing 3 on this to return just shy of 100k. :D

Brazil 1st, Croatia 2nd.
Spain 1st, Holland 2nd.
Japan 1st, Columbia 2nd.
Italy 1st, England 2nd.
France 1st, Switzerland 2nd.
Argentina 1st, Bosnia 2nd.
Germany 1st, Portugal 2nd.
Belgium 1st, South Korea 2nd.
The £100k potential winnings is because it won't happen. South Korea are hopeless and won't get close to qualifying. Also, Japan won't win their group (may not even qualify) and I fancy Ecuador to go through ahead of the swiss. Good luck though! I'd settle for Japan v England in the 2nd round.

Bergin

The £100k potential winnings is because it won't happen. South Korea are hopeless and won't get close to qualifying. Also, Japan won't win their group (may not even qualify) and I fancy Ecuador to go through ahead of the swiss. Good luck though! I'd settle for Japan v England in the 2nd round.
Don't worry I know it wont, just rather do it on football than the lottery.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Went for

Brazil win vs Croatia
Colombia win vs Greece
Uruguay win vs Costa Rica
France win vs Honduras
Nigeria win vs Iran $50 returns $543

Spain and Holland to qualify(regardless of position)
1st Brazil 2nd Croatia
1st Germany 2nd Portugal
1st Belgium 2nd Russia
Uruguay to qualify
France to Qualify $10 returns $855

NoPace

Had to throw 5 on Jelavic for 1st goalscorer. 17.5-1 is too good for a 9 who can actually finish with Rakitic, Modric and Kovacic able to thread a ball through.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It still seemed too good to be true :lol:

I'm half expecting them to rip the shirts off to reveal a different strip underneath.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Decent evening.

Had £10 on Brazil to wear yellow @ 2/1 and £20 on Brazil to beat Croatia @ Evens.

£40 up today!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Went for

Brazil win vs Croatia
Colombia win vs Greece
Uruguay win vs Costa Rica
France win vs Honduras
Nigeria win vs Iran $50 returns $543

Spain and Holland to qualify(regardless of position)
1st Brazil 2nd Croatia
1st Germany 2nd Portugal
1st Belgium 2nd Russia
Uruguay to qualify
France to Qualify $10 returns $855
The second one looks a very good bet, especially at those odds.

CrashDavis

Had to throw 5 on Jelavic for 1st goalscorer. 17.5-1 is too good for a 9 who can actually finish with Rakitic, Modric and Kovacic able to thread a ball through.
I did the same. Sickener. Bet on Brazil 3-1 too.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Did all right with 1.35 on Brazil for $44 returning me nearly $58. Considering putting money on Spain (1.85 seems good) and then definitely Chile (1.46 for what should be a cruise for them).

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Must have gotten lucky then. What you using it on?

I reckon Chile will take care of Australia easily tomorrow.
Same here. Think I'll double them up with Spain for a nice 2.66 odds bet.

Good first day for me, £40 up from two bets.

DanCity

Had neymar first scorer and Brazil 3-1. £5 @ 30/1
Scrunched up my slip after the OG went in.
Only just seen on twitter, neymar first & 3-1 paid out.
I didn't know that if there's an own goal it rolls over to the next goal on a score cast.
Winner.

Also had £10 on Neymar anytime.
Along with the first correct result on my accumulator and both teams to score and win accumulator.

Not a bad start.
Let's see how tomorrow pans out.

Kita

Took this at half:
6/12/14 4:00pm Halftime Soccer 11043 Brazil 3 / Croatia 1 for Game +420* vs Any other result

Only bet I took for the match. Knew Brazil would at least get one so I thought Croatia would go for it and it would hurt them.

NoPace

wow, so close
The kind of bet where you lose and want to bet more, because the logic (hey, a starting 9 with good passers around him at 18-1. That's good odds) was sound and he had a fecking good chance. Dangerous!

NoPace

I might do a similar small bet on Valdivia for first goalscorer since he seems likely to play as a 10 tomorrow with Vidal out, and the odds might be a bit slow adjusting to that.

CrashDavis

Anyone going to do a three way accumulator? How do you see Mexico vs Cameroon going?

CrashDavis

My mexican mate is adamant Mexico will win. They did play well against Portugal, but I don't know an awful much about them. He's banging on about this forward they have, Peralta. I don't know anything about Cameroon really.
Might do a Mexico, Chile -1 and maybe a draw in the other one accumulator. Never put much on something like that but when they come off it's nice. Having said that though, Cameroon did draw with Germany recently. Friendly though I suppose.

NoPace

Anyone going to do a three way accumulator? How do you see Mexico vs Cameroon going?
I don't know much about this, but I do rate Cameroon's center backs as individuals (Matip and N'Koulou), and the Mexican 3/5 at the back formation should mean their fast wide players (they mostly play a 4-3-3) who are actually just strikers (one went almost 1 in 2 in France) could have a bunch of chances to run 1 on 1 against mediocre center backs.

So, I'd lean towards Cameroon, personally, but I haven't actually seen them play since the African Cup of Nations, so who the feck really knows?

CrashDavis

I don't know much about this, but I do rate Cameroon's center backs as individuals (Matip and N'Koulou), and the Mexican 3/5 at the back formation should mean their fast wide players (they mostly play a 4-3-3) who are actually just strikers (one went almost 1 in 2 in France) could have a bunch of chances to run 1 on 1 against mediocre center backs.

So, I'd lean towards Cameroon, personally, but I haven't actually seen them play since the African Cup of Nations, so who the feck really knows?
Live betting is sometimes the way to go maybe during the first games in the groups cuz like you said, we don't really know the ins and outs of half the teams and how they play.

dannymc1309

Dual Forecast £10 treble pays £110:
Spain/Chile
Argentina/Bosnia
France/Switz

Double £10 pays £70:
Aus no points
Costa Rica no points

Yes I realise Chile failing to win tonight prrtty much buries both my bets, roll on the Aus win :lol:

Cantonarightboot

Dual Forecast £10 treble pays £110:
Spain/Chile
Argentina/Bosnia
France/Switz

Double £10 pays £70:
Aus no points
Costa Rica no points

Yes I realise Chile failing to win tonight prrtty much buries both my bets, roll on the Aus win :lol:

Really can't see Chile losing, be a major upset... BTW I have all 6 of those to qualify as well but I done it in a larger Group Dual forecast bet, accumalator.

Put €5 on it, returns are about €5k if I recall correctly. have the slip at home! :)

dannymc1309

Really can't see Chile losing, be a major upset... BTW I have all 6 of those to qualify as well but I done it in a larger Group Dual forecast bet, accumalator.

Put €5 on it, returns are about €5k if I recall correctly. have the slip at home! :)
I had originally predicted the full 8 as
Ita/Eng
Bra/Cro
Bel/Rus
Col/Jap
Ger/Por

Nothing groundbreakingly original there and with the usual shock somewhere I just went with the 3 that seemed most likely and best value in Chile's case.

Good luck with your big one!

Santos J

Chile to nil @ 2.25 is decent as Australia are pretty shite.

Anyone got owt on the Mexico/Cameroon game? Might avoid it as I can't find anything of decent value & it's a hard one to call as Mexico are pretty good but Cameroon are unpredictable and they have a pretty good defence. Under 2.5 is only 1.50 though so it's not really worth sticking much on on it's own.

Marty1968

What are the odds on a mexico defender to score? Can see it being a tight game and a winner from a corner. Maybe Marquez or Reyes?