World Cup Qualifiers | October 2017 | Play off draw on Tuesday

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So the playoffs will look like this, right?

Seeded:
Switzerland/Portugal
Italy
Denmark
Sweden

Unseeded:
Greece
Ireland
Northern Ireland
Croatia
Do you know the updates of the FIFA rankings from October?

I was looking at the rankings of the 8 teams from September and the seeded ones are:

Portugal/Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Northern Ireland

R'hllor

Few weeks of proper football and then back to international break :lol:, feck me

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting sequence

2006 win(Grosso!)

1994 lose(Baggio:()

1982 win (Tardelli!)

1970 lose (Pele:drool:)

Didn't lose in 58 though. The first time that the world is in a year that ends in 8 since then, so the pattern ends.
So what you're saying is we're gonna break the cycle by winning the WC? :drool:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
That's gotta sting, Wales:nervous:
Congrats to Iceland, though. What an incredible accomplishment!

kidbob

No Bale, no party. Woodburn can't keep saving Coleman's career. Now for ROI to get knocked out and there's only one shit team from these shores left (England). God internationals are so boring as no doubt the world cup will be.
Maybe we're shit but still better defensively than Pool.

Ralaks

So the currents seedings are;

Portugal/Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Denmark

Sweden
N Ireland
Rep of Ireland
Greece

We would probably be the team to draw there, but rather that than risk drawing Italy/Croatia or Portugal.

Of course nothing is 100% certain yet. If France lose at home to Belarus and Sweden win against Netherlands away we're pushed down to 5th (as France would be second) and if Netherlands win 7-0 they get the spot instead of Sweden. If Greece lose to Gibraltar and Bosnia wins then Slovakia gets the 8th spot instead of either of them. Both scenarios are pretty unlikely, but I guess stranger things has happened.

Feels like we just got handed a get out of jail free card from the Irish after fecking up at home against Romania in the final minutes

Blind

Don't feel for Scotland or Wales at all, they had it in their own hands and they put in abysmal performances. Ramsey especially was dire on a night when he should have stepped up in Bale's absence.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Wait what?!?!?

Ok i checked, croatia are ahead of denmark. Heart attack narrowly avoided
Do you know the updates of the FIFA rankings from October?

I was looking at the rankings of the 8 teams from September and the seeded ones are:

Portugal/Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Northern Ireland
I didn't check anything. I had read something earlier and for some reason thought Croatia would be unseeded. Really hope they're not though.

Ralaks

You can do calculations on some official site for the future seedings (I did as I've been panicking all day since we fecked up).

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I didn't check anything. I had read something earlier and for some reason thought Croatia would be unseeded. Really hope they're not though.
Ok I was looking the second placed teams on Wikipedia and checking the FIFA rankings from September but what matters is rankings updated in October, anyway I would like to beat Switzerland tomorrow, but looking at our last 2 matches vs Andorra or Hungary not confident at all :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
As long as Šuker doesn't fe.k off I don't care if we go to Russia or not.

Happy for Krama but other than that. Fe.k them all.
The thing is Federation is corrupt, that's nothing new. Even if Šuker goes, there won't come anyone honest instead. It's the same for many years. But, now, we even as a team look so disjointed that on a current level we would be passengers in Russia. Meh, whatever...

Paul_Scholes18

Portugal/Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Denmark

Sweden
N Ireland
Rep of Ireland
Greece

We would probably be the team to draw there, but rather that than risk drawing Italy/Croatia or Portugal.

Of course nothing is 100% certain yet. If France lose at home to Belarus and Sweden win against Netherlands away we're pushed down to 5th (as France would be second) and if Netherlands win 7-0 they get the spot instead of Sweden. If Greece lose to Gibraltar and Bosnia wins then Slovakia gets the 8th spot instead of either of them. Both scenarios are pretty unlikely, but I guess stranger things has happened.

Feels like we just got handed a get out of jail free card from the Irish after fecking up at home against Romania in the final minutes
Well a win from Sweden against Holland will that change anything? I looked at the ranking and Denmark is under Sweden. Seem strange if they should be able to get past us if we win our games including Holland away.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Portugal/Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Denmark

Sweden
N Ireland
Rep of Ireland
Greece

No way any of the bottom seeds win. Sweden over Denmark maybe

Ban

We're definitely seeded.
The thing is Federation is corrupt, that's nothing new. Even if Šuker goes, there won't come anyone honest instead. It's the same for many years. But, now, we even as a team look so disjointed that on a current level we would be passengers in Russia. Meh, whatever...
We'll qualify. Probably pass the groups stages cause of the new format, lose the first playoff game, Dalić will start qualifications good then we'll start to hickup and he'll get the sack one or 2 games before the qualifications end. Rinse and repeat.

Ralaks

Well a win from Sweden against Holland will that change anything? I looked at the ranking and Denmark is under Sweden. Seem strange if they should be able to get past us if we win our games including Holland away.
Sweden ends on 999 seeding points if they beat Holland, Denmark are on 1001 now after the 2 games. So it's close, but nope.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As of the last published FIFA rankings, Portugal/Switzerland, Croatia, Italy and Northern Ireland would be seeded. But the latest ratings on which the draw will be made will come on 16 October.

Ralaks

No way any of the bottom seeds win. Sweden over Denmark maybe
I'm not super confident with any of the unseeded teams after our shitty game against Romania. We weren't really impressive against Montenegro either, but we should be a close favorite for all I think.

It would feel nice if we did one of Sweden, but would like to see them at the World Cup along with us.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
We're definitely seeded.

We'll qualify. Probably pass the groups stages cause of the new format, lose the first playoff game, Dalić will start qualifications good then we'll start to hickup and he'll get the sack one or 2 games before the qualifications end. Rinse and repeat.
The way we're playing not so sure. If we get Greece I will happily give the remote to my wife. Would rather watch figure skating than those 2 games where both teams are potent as me after a whole night of drinking.

Sweden can knock us out also.

Edit: what am I talking... Everyone can knock us out.

Paul_Scholes18

Sweden ends on 999 seeding points if they beat Holland, Denmark are on 1001 now after the 2 games. So it's close, but nope.
Looked into the ranking right now. Win over Luxembourg don't give us much. The strength multiplier is a really poor way of measuring things. Say if only 10 points separate teams on the ranking, but the positional difference is big then it will reward teams beating the team with slightly more points higher. If teams with slightly higher rank play against each other they will earn more points on average than if teams with slightly less points play against each other so they will easier remain high up the position.

Beating the very best teams give very minor reward as well even if they are extremely strong. Beating Bulgaria and Romania give more points compared to beating Germany and say Finland. A high ranked team will get easier groups with more average teams that can more easily boost the ranking that help them keep the ranking up. I guess England can enjoy that and unless you start to fail against smaller teams the ranking will remain high.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
For everyone who wants to see live updated FIFA rankings here is the link

https://www.fctables.com/fifa-rankings/

As it stands now the seeded teams would be:

Portugal/Switzerland
Italy
Croatia
Denmark

Unseeded:
Sweden
Northern Ireland
Ireland
Greece

Ban

The way we're playing not so sure. If we get Greece I will happily give the remote to my wife. Would rather watch figure skating than those 2 games where both teams are potent as me after a whole night of drinking.

With the way we're playing yes. Although Dalić did change something. Funny you can do it in one day. Not that I think he'll change us so we can do something in WC. Or we can qualify. Don't know, don't care and I hate I don't.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Only sweden would be tough. Without cacic, against ireland , n.ireland or greece we are level above. With all respect to them but lets be realistic.