Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

Funky Futurista

You're not fixing up that old car though, you're just buying an old car. One without ABS, air bags, no central locking, no electric windows, smashed tail lights and one that snakes to the left if you take your hands off the wheel and then saying 'it takes more skill to drive'. Those things aren't skill, and they don't induce skill. You're just dealing with needless complication for no real reason.
If you look at everything I said through that perspective, then you are correct. And it's the same with WoW Classic. If you're negative towards it, you're not gonna like it. My analogy isn't perfect, but making a character, leveling it up and gearing it up can be likened to buying an old car and fixing it up. It's not gonna be the same as the new cars, but it still might bring a lot of joy to you.

Funky Futurista

I'm just fed up with people yapping about how great classic was in trade channel.

By all means classic had it's virtue at its time, but let's not pretend most of then can stand classic. They'd be back to retail before long. If you happens to be one of the classic fanatics then by all means enjoy it. I too play classic, out of nostalgia sake. But it really isnt the best things since sliced bread
It's always gonna be that when something so big gets relaunched. People love nostalgia. Not a Classic fanatic, but still wanna go through it for the fun of it. Didn't really get to play through it before TBC came.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I gave up trying to connect. It was 10k when I started and 79mins. It went down to 9500ish after 30mins but up to 240mins queue.

JP77

Decided to run on Noggen Fodder server, was playing fine earlier for half an hour. Logged off to make dinner for the missus and kids and returned excited to play...currently 1143 in the queue and been queing since half 6 :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jesus. This realm was a medium population one yesterday. Now there's a 9k queue. My wife queued after me but is lower in the line :rolleyes:.
Think I'll busy myself for a couple of hours.....

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What a waste of time, having to actually wait a few hours in a queue before you can even log in...

Good luck all of you. :lol:

Thank feck I never got into this game otherwise i'd be pretty mad.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The worst is the random dcs followed by 6k queues. I dont mind waiting for a while if I've actually logged out but its a pisstake when their server dcs you and you've got to wait 2 hours to get back in.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Even though I was super hyped before, I really haven't enjoyed my experience today. The layering has not worked properly and there are way too many people fighting over the same mobs, making questing a right ball ache. There are bugs which cause random DCs when switching inbetween zones which result in hours of wait in the queues you have to bear again. I might just sack this off for a few months and wait till the hype has died so I can level in peace.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I've really enjoyed the moments when the game has run smoothly and the quests that don't require you to kill x mobs though. The game has aged well in my opinion and I will be back for more in due course.

jungledrums

Oh they'll have their cult of players. But i doubt it'll be as grand as retail once the nostalgia stops kicking in.

Here's a pop quiz. Guess where everyone will be once the weekly chest is up. Vanilla? Or boralus harbour?
Boralus for 2 mins then back into vanilla ;)

sebsheep

I've really enjoyed the moments when the game has run smoothly and the quests that don't require you to kill x mobs though. The game has aged well in my opinion and I will be back for more in due course.
The kill x mobs ones are so much better than the 'kill specific mob' and 'collect x amount of things' ones at the moment, the raptor eggs quest on echo isles was a test of patience.

sebsheep

There are bugs which cause random DCs when switching inbetween zones which result in hours of wait in the queues you have to bear again.
Haha oh dear, I logged in and dc'd after about 5 minutes. Now I have a 3.5k queue :lol:

Castia

This game shouldn’t be this good but it is.

The graphics are worse than retail, the quests are a chore, the rotation of most classes isn’t that great, not to mention most specs aren’t even viable....yet for some reason the game is fecking incredible.

Everything you do has a purpose. Leveling up is such a big deal with the talent points and skills getting upgraded, a new piece of random white/green loot is massive, I’m constantly looking at stats and numbers even at my low level of 15. It always feels like you’re progressing.

I ran RFC earlier with 4 pugs, we wiped twice and it was glorious. We ended up finishing the dungeon and all the quests and it generally felt like a mini achievement......in RFC it’s just crazy how the game feels.

Played for stupid hours last night and today, even put myself in a 12k long queue then and took a nap to rest up before I got in. I’m almost at the Wailing Caverns point, a favourite of mine I can’t wait to get that done but I’m cutting back my playtime a bit and will take it easy after a few words from the misses :lol:

All in all feck retail I’m done with that until the next expansion.

Hammerfell

Oh they'll have their cult of players. But i doubt it'll be as grand as retail once the nostalgia stops kicking in.

Here's a pop quiz. Guess where everyone will be once the weekly chest is up. Vanilla? Or boralus harbour?
You’re oddly defensive about people enjoying different things.

Castia

I'm just fed up with people yapping about how great classic was in trade channel.

By all means classic had it's virtue at its time, but let's not pretend most of then can stand classic. They'd be back to retail before long. If you happens to be one of the classic fanatics then by all means enjoy it. I too play classic, out of nostalgia sake. But it really isnt the best things since sliced bread

You keep talking like retail is in a great state? unless you didn’t notice BfA has been a colossal feck up. Numbers are at its lowest ever point, WoW is a joke these days.

I love WoW, played it for almost 15 years and have dedicated thousands upon thousands of hours. The latest patch is a step in the right direction but I unlocked flying weeks ago and since that very day haven’t logged back in, there’s nothing addictive or fun about the game anymore.

I browse mmo champion and wowhead almost daily, I still like keeping up with the news and I can’t wait to see the new expansion at Blizzcon but retail WoW is in a terrible state. I’ve had more fun in the past 24 hours on classic than I have in the past 9-10 months of BfA.

MMO’s are a dying genre and the king of the genre is on its ass. WoW is one bad expansion from probably finishing, I believe if the next expansion doesn’t deliver it will be the last. WoW classic is bringing life back into the game and hopefully Blizzard, I really hope it inspires them to make a great follow up to BfA.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I wish I played WoW properly in its heyday, wish another game as good as it would come around, tried a few and none have ever hit that spot :(

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
You keep talking like retail is in a great state? unless you didn’t notice BfA has been a colossal feck up. Numbers are at its lowest ever point, WoW is a joke these days.

I love WoW, played it for almost 15 years and have dedicated thousands upon thousands of hours. The latest patch is a step in the right direction but I unlocked flying weeks ago and since that very day haven’t logged back in, there’s nothing addictive or fun about the game anymore.

I browse mmo champion and wowhead almost daily, I still like keeping up with the news and I can’t wait to see the new expansion at Blizzcon but retail WoW is in a terrible state. I’ve had more fun in the past 24 hours on classic than I have in the past 9-10 months of BfA.

MMO’s are a dying genre and the king of the genre is on its ass. WoW is one bad expansion from probably finishing, I believe if the next expansion doesn’t deliver it will be the last. WoW classic is bringing life back into the game and hopefully Blizzard, I really hope it inspires them to make a great follow up to BfA.
I'm not saying bfa is good. Mythic group is dying, population dwindling, etc. I know what happens with it.

But retail as a whole? Well here you are flying in kultiras arent you?

Castia

I'm not saying bfa is good. Mythic group is dying, population dwindling, etc. I know what happens with it.

But retail as a whole? Well here you are flying in kultiras arent you?
I can’t put my finger on what it is with retail, it’s just lost all of its mystique or something....I dunno. The loot doesn’t matter anymore, there’s no hook to play, Ive logged in actually pumped to play and logged off within 5 minutes because although there was things to do (raid or whatever) it just felt pointless.

Blizzard always made the combat/classes fun but in BfA I can’t even stand playing most of them, I currently have 6 120’s with the rest 110+ and they don’t feel the same as Legion, I had to quit my monk which I’ve Mained since MoP because it’s awful now.

Meh I dunno, I get no joy seeing WoW like it is I’ve been emotionally invested in this game for over half of my life as sad as that sounds.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I can’t put my finger on what it is with retail, it’s just lost all of its mystique or something....I dunno. The loot doesn’t matter anymore, there’s no hook to play, Ive logged in actually pumped to play and logged off within 5 minutes because although there was things to do (raid or whatever) it just felt pointless.

Blizzard always made the combat/classes fun but in BfA I can’t even stand playing most of them, I currently have 6 120’s with the rest 110+ and they don’t feel the same as Legion, I had to quit my monk which I’ve Mained since MoP because it’s awful now.

Meh I dunno, I get no joy seeing WoW like it is I’ve been emotionally invested in this game for over half of my life as sad as that sounds.
I have 10 toon on 120 and 430ilvl. I know what you're talking about. Too easy gearing up. Lack of end game content for most of us. Mythic raids are exclusive. Those that raids mythics are too big of a guild they cant field everyone. Those that dont are bored with heroic.

Vanilla is a fresh addition. I never said it wasnt. It's like a forced reboot starting everything from scratch. Even the auction house feels fresh. The thought of earning the first piece of gold. The joy of having that level 2 frostbolt you sorely need. Every drop is valuable.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Man, as a 35 year old, a gamer since i was around 3 or 4, WoW launch was one of those epic moments (i was 21 i think when the game first launched). The world, the quests, the community, all of it, it was magical. I spend so much time on it for around 5 years. It really lived up the hyped it built for the 2 years prior. I havent touched WoW for around 5 years, but the moment they announced Classic WoW, i knew i was gonna to revive that all over again, even though i know the sensation wont be the same, or in the same intensity.

For some people who can't understand the excitement of some of us older chaps, don't try to understand it, probably you won't get it unless the first time you set foot on the world it became one of the most important experiences of your lives.

I know the game has been up for a few days now but for work and adulthood issues i havent been able to play still. God i cant wait

R'hllor

I fecking love it, good and bad about it. Its great to be able to play a version of that game again, a game that many fell in love to years ago. Retail can do its thing with rotten philosophy behind it.

Kaos

I wish I played WoW properly in its heyday, wish another game as good as it would come around, tried a few and none have ever hit that spot :(
Final fantasy 14 is really good tbh, the closest classic WoW experience you’re going to get with a modern MMO.

Oldyella

Had an enjoyable day in it. Queues weren't too bad, about 15 minutes to get in. Some of the queue time complaining is unfair, blizzard warned people on the big servers that the queue times would be big and opened up more servers. They can't open too many other they will be empty when people inevitably drop out.

Game was fun, just as grind based as I remember but a nice change from retail where everything is handed to you. Definitely more of a community feel, offering to make bags for skill ups etc. Amazing how people have to connect with each other without an army of alts who can do everything a player needs.

Long term I'm sure it will get a lot quieter but hopefully some lessons are learnt for retail.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Absolutely fine for me on my medium server. HAd one DC on the server opening and a ton of lag for the first ten mins but no issues at all after that.
If you're still on ZT, there was 3 hours queue time after work hours yesterday.
Think many rolled there just because their original server had 20k plus in queue.

This game shouldn’t be this good but it is.

The graphics are worse than retail, the quests are a chore, the rotation of most classes isn’t that great, not to mention most specs aren’t even viable....yet for some reason the game is fecking incredible.

Everything you do has a purpose. Leveling up is such a big deal with the talent points and skills getting upgraded, a new piece of random white/green loot is massive, I’m constantly looking at stats and numbers even at my low level of 15. It always feels like you’re progressing.

I ran RFC earlier with 4 pugs, we wiped twice and it was glorious. We ended up finishing the dungeon and all the quests and it generally felt like a mini achievement......in RFC it’s just crazy how the game feels.

Played for stupid hours last night and today, even put myself in a 12k long queue then and took a nap to rest up before I got in. I’m almost at the Wailing Caverns point, a favourite of mine I can’t wait to get that done but I’m cutting back my playtime a bit and will take it easy after a few words from the misses :lol:

All in all feck retail I’m done with that until the next expansion.
Graphics are pretty sweet if you set them to max. I didn't even think about it before someone in /g mentioned it.
Could just about see the head of my little gnome over the grass :lol:
Rotations can be a bit dull - coming from someone who loved playing lightning bolt spammer in TBC - but in pvp there is a lot more utility.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If you're still on ZT, there was 3 hours queue time after work hours yesterday.
Think many rolled there just because their original server had 20k plus in queue.
A few in my guild were saying that but I logged out and in a few times with no issues at all. Very strange.

My Shaman is 16 now. Cant wait for 20 and ghost wolf!

Castia

10K queue on Golemagg.....I've got 4 friends playing on Stonespire i think im gonna reroll.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Man, as a 35 year old, a gamer since i was around 3 or 4, WoW launch was one of those epic moments (i was 21 i think when the game first launched). The world, the quests, the community, all of it, it was magical. I spend so much time on it for around 5 years. It really lived up the hyped it built for the 2 years prior. I havent touched WoW for around 5 years, but the moment they announced Classic WoW, i knew i was gonna to revive that all over again, even though i know the sensation wont be the same, or in the same intensity.

For some people who can't understand the excitement of some of us older chaps, don't try to understand it, probably you won't get it unless the first time you set foot on the world it became one of the most important experiences of your lives.

I know the game has been up for a few days now but for work and adulthood issues i havent been able to play still. God i cant wait
This entire post goes for me exactly. It's almost scary. Are you me? :lol:

Still not sure, I will play it. I can't afford to get as addicted as I was to Wow Vanilla and TBC.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm just short of L10 and getting hammered by Murlocs at the moment. In work today so it can wait for a bit but I already know I'm going to stick with it. I only log into retail every now and again I do nothing weekly anymore I will do the LFR once to see the content and then that's it really.

Am finding classic far more rewarding, retail just passes in a blur now.

Wish I could send my gold over though :)

JP77

Any recommended addons for classic that are a must? It's kind of nice getting a quest and having to go and find certain areas or ask people where certain things are without the map clearly showing you. I'm considering not bothering with any addons at all or is that a bad mistake?

sebsheep

A few in my guild were saying that but I logged out and in a few times with no issues at all. Very strange.

My Shaman is 16 now. Cant wait for 20 and ghost wolf!
Fully out of the game or just to the character select screen?

10K queue on Golemagg.....I've got 4 friends playing on Stonespire i think im gonna reroll.
At least they are supposed to have fixed the issue with dc'ing and ending up at the back of the queue with a restart last night, we'll find out if they actually have soon I guess.

I'm just short of L10 and getting hammered by Murlocs at the moment. In work today so it can wait for a bit but I already know I'm going to stick with it. I only log into retail every now and again I do nothing weekly anymore I will do the LFR once to see the content and then that's it really.

Am finding classic far more rewarding, retail just passes in a blur now.

Wish I could send my gold over though :)
Haha murlocs are the most evil things in this game, used to get stomped so often because they would just keep coming.

I'm up to 1g, feeling pretty rich!

As for retail, I did recently get pulled in to tank the new mechagon mythic (haven't even tanked this expansion and had never done the place), I was getting spanked so often but the group stuck together and it was actually pretty fun. Lost 3 hours of my life to that place though. :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Fully out of the game or just to the character select screen?

At least they are supposed to have fixed the issue with dc'ing and ending up at the back of the queue with a restart last night, we'll find out if they actually have soon I guess.

Haha murlocs are the most evil things in this game, used to get stomped so often because they would just keep coming.

I'm up to 1g, feeling pretty rich!

As for retail, I did recently get pulled in to tank the new mechagon mythic (haven't even tanked this expansion and had never done the place), I was getting spanked so often but the group stuck together and it was actually pretty fun. Lost 3 hours of my life to that place though. :lol:

Fully out, computer off.

sebsheep

Any recommended addons for classic that are a must? It's kind of nice getting a quest and having to go and find certain areas or ask people where certain things are without the map clearly showing you. I'm considering not bothering with any addons at all or is that a bad mistake?
It sort of depends how you like playing the game I guess, considering getting the addon to show enemy cast bars because I don't like not knowing what they are casting.

sebsheep

Fully out, computer off.
Seems like you might be one of the lucky ones. The game is supposed to give you a 15-ish minute grace period, but it's been a bit broken.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm not coming back to this bloody time sucker. I was 11 when I first started playing, pretty much since the start, best game I've ever played no doubt and one which pretty much shaped where I am today thanks to language immersion but I know that once I start playing this shit again, I just won't stop.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm not coming back to this bloody time sucker. I was 11 when I first started playing, pretty much since the start, best game I've ever played no doubt and one which pretty much shaped where I am today thanks to language immersion but I know that once I start playing this shit again, I just won't stop.

Just a matter of time.