Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Ugh just checked. Gehennas has a 55% Scandanavian population according to discord polls. Will be shitty trying to find a guild on that server. Might have to rethink.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
If we can't find this discord server could we just quietly find a room in another random discord server? I'm a noob to the whole discord thing so I don't know if people are precious about others using their channels.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'd be happy to join a Caf guild. Don't really care what server hook me up if it gets arranged.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Damien has created a discord channel for the caf WoW community. This is the link for the channel:PM RedSky for link

Last edited by a moderator:

jungledrums

Feck I played this game back in the day, count me in. Were warlocks viable back in classic? Thinking of making one... were they fun to level?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Feck I played this game back in the day, count me in. Were warlocks viable back in classic? Thinking of making one... were they fun to level?
The 2nd best levelers behind hunters. Warlocks are great at pvp and are okay in raids. There aren't too many dps spots for warlocks in pve because in classic bosses only had 16 debuff slots so warlocks can't utilise all their dots on bosses. There are other debuffs from different classes which are of greater benefit to the raid as a whole than a simple damage debuff from a lock.

jungledrums

The 2nd best levelers behind hunters. Warlocks are great at pvp and are okay in raids. There aren't too many dps spots for warlocks in pve because in classic bosses only had 16 debuff slots so warlocks can't utilise all their dots on bosses. There are other debuffs from different classes which are of greater benefit to the raid as a whole than a simple damage debuff from a lock.
Thanks - are they ‘fun’ to level though? I was always a fury warr and in vanilla I remember they were horrible to level before 40. Is there a bit more variety with locks?

Also in raiding situations, most raids would still need to take at least one lock with healthstones and summons right?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Thanks - are they ‘fun’ to level though? I was always a fury warr and in vanilla I remember they were horrible to level before 40. Is there a bit more variety with locks?

Also in raiding situations, most raids would still need to take at least one lock with healthstones and summons right?
As I remember they are mighty fun and you can get your voidwalker to tank 2-3 at a time whilst you dot them up and watch them burn. Most raids will have at least 2 for soulstoning the main tank and offtank. Hardcore guilds might get around this by getting all raiders to level a warlock to level 20, log them out at the entrance to the instance and then soulstone the entire raid before a boss encounter. That's what I did with method in TBC to get the world first legit Lady Vashj kill.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I've made 3 identical paladins. 2 on full pvp servers and one on your weirdo rppvp server so if they are terrible I might just jump over to yours.

Rp-pvp are the best servers, no doubt.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So I went on a vanilla private server with some mates. Jesus, Vanilla WoW is boring and slow. I might officially be over this game.

Well, hadn't played in 8 odd years anyway, but still.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You playing Horde or Alliance?

edit: nvm just read your next line :lol:

Horde ftw!

I've always been a melee guy but i fancy something completely new and im getting tempted to main a priest! I was set on a shaman but I dunno what to do
Yeah. I've tended to play melee mostly throughout wow, mainly warrior and dk, I have become an alt-oholic down the years though so have every class at 120. Going for a warlock in classic, wife might be playing a shaman if she gets into it.

Going to level for a few months on a pve server and then transfer to PvP to avoid the hassle
Some people might think you're the worst of the worst, but you may actually be even worse than that.

If we can't find this discord server could we just quietly find a room in another random discord server? I'm a noob to the whole discord thing so I don't know if people are precious about others using their channels.
I don't even know what this discord thing is :nervous:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Theres a few new servers up in the last hour. I've deleted my paladin on Zandalar Tribe and I've made another paladin on Razergore.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I've gone on Razorgore. The queue on Gehennas was moving so slowly.

Castia

Yeah, I was doing a couple of mythics for the weekly and ended up with a 10 minute wait.
Currently in a 9k queue for golemagg expected time 55 mins...

I’m hoping when the server opens and people can’t get on they’ll move to another.

sebsheep

I’m hoping when the server opens and people can’t get on they’ll move to another.
Ouch, will probably take a good bit longer than that really.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

The only way it will drop is if people click off the loading screen and realistically the people on the loading screen now won't be doing that and when the servers go live they will be online for at least a few hours.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I'm actually quite happy I'm waiting in Razorgore..Everyone I know is rolling horde so its not like I'm missing out on the social stuff on my pally. I've booked a week off work to play the game, not to wait in queues. I've got a lot of work to do from beginning of September till early November so its likely I won't be 60 for a while. I'm not thinking too longterm about server population and the standard of PVE guilds on the realm.

Castia

I'm actually quite happy I'm waiting in Razorgore..Everyone I know is rolling horde so its not like I'm missing out on the social stuff on my pally. I've booked a week off work to play the game, not to wait in queues. I've got a lot of work to do from beginning of September till early November so its likely I won't be 60 for a while. I'm not thinking too longterm about server population and the standard of PVE guilds on the realm.
Pretty sure Blizzard hinted at server transfers anyway for dead/full realms

Worst case scenario you can get a paid transfer if the server is dead

meanwhile #4760 on Golemagg with 50 min queue...

I was in earlier too and stupidly decided to log out ffs.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Laying has gone to shite. There's over 500 in Northshite. I am also fecked because I am a pally and I do not have an insta strike which means its impossible to tag mobs.

sebsheep

Laying has gone to shite. There's over 500 in Northshite. I am also fecked because I am a pally and I do not have an insta strike which means its impossible to tag mobs.
The one I'm on is so so laggy, intially me and the wife were zoned apart whilst in a group..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bloody hell, over 1m viewers on Twitch.

Castia

gonna call it quits i think until tomo

3k in the queue, will take hours

sebsheep

gonna call it quits i think until tomo

3k in the queue, will take hours
It just kicked both of us off that server as well, was hell trying to do any of the quests.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Apart from the layering fiasco Razorgore has been pretty good.