Gaming World of Warcraft (PC, Mac)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Apart from the layering fiasco Razorgore has been pretty good.
We're trying to roll on there now, Golemagg has been evil to us. 60+ min to get on after it kicked us off. Razorgore just gave me a world server down :rolleyes:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
The cities are bugged on Razorgore. Only way to level is to grind but I cba to do that. Decided to level fishing.

Castia

It just kicked both of us off that server as well, was hell trying to do any of the quests.
I finally got on and im currently lvl 6!

Loving it so far. My server are actually queing up to kill mobs. Already got some great screenshots.

sebsheep

I finally got on and im currently lvl 6!

Loving it so far. My server are actually queing up to kill mobs. Already got some great screenshots.
Gave up on that server, moved on to horde side of P-Ro's server. Now we know his name, he's a marked paladin.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Oh shit this is beautiful. My life has gone. Again.
I really don't understand the hype over this? How can a literal regression of the current game be so beautiful? To me it's like people are losing their minds over phone companies bringing back 56k dial up and phones you had to spin the wheel to each number and let go. 'Here's a game that looks like it's 15 years old with only one continent where it takes you fecking forever to level up and is completely and unnecessarily more annoying to play each class because there are 0 quality of life changes and a tonne of missing features that make the game not annoying to play'.

I just can't understand why everyone is so jazzed. Is it just nostalgia? Like you can go to all the areas in retail and it looks a million times better. Spawn times being so much slower, huge PVP imbalances, some classes an absolute joke, not being able to stack items properly, one attachment per mail, each class only having one viable build, taking absolutely forever waiting ages outside a raid to find a group literally hours if a 40 man, flying to each individual point on a flight path, soul shard farming, getting a mount at level 40 with levelling taking way longer, only warriors could tank raids, the list goes on. I've heard people say 'oh but the world will feel less small'... is that really worth giving up the million and one shitty things about classic?

If my mobile carrier said 'we're gonna give you a really cool thing to play where instead of giving you unlimited SMS a month we're gonna go back to 300' I'd be angry not psyched to drop a subscription on it. I predict that everyone is just gonna love the nostalgia and then heavily drop off really quickly.

Funky Futurista

I really don't understand the hype over this? How can a literal regression of the current game be so beautiful? To me it's like people are losing their minds over phone companies bringing back 56k dial up and phones you had to spin the wheel to each number and let go. 'Here's a game that looks like it's 15 years old with only one continent where it takes you fecking forever to level up and is completely and unnecessarily more annoying to play each class because there are 0 quality of life changes and a tonne of missing features that make the game not annoying to play'.

I just can't understand why everyone is so jazzed. Is it just nostalgia? Like you can go to all the areas in retail and it looks a million times better. Spawn times being so much slower, huge PVP imbalances, some classes an absolute joke, not being able to stack items properly, one attachment per mail, each class only having one viable build, taking absolutely forever waiting ages outside a raid to find a group literally hours if a 40 man, flying to each individual point on a flight path, soul shard farming, getting a mount at level 40 with levelling taking way longer, only warriors could tank raids, the list goes on. I've heard people say 'oh but the world will feel less small'... is that really worth giving up the million and one shitty things about classic?

If my mobile carrier said 'we're gonna give you a really cool thing to play where instead of giving you unlimited SMS a month we're gonna go back to 300' I'd be angry not psyched to drop a subscription on it. I predict that everyone is just gonna love the nostalgia and then heavily drop off really quickly.
The game now is entirely different from what it was when it was first released. It was much harder when it comes to questing and instances, as it required you to actually pay attention to what you're doing. It is more unbalanced than now, but some things require actual skill to do, and you feel a bigger sense of accomplishment. I would rather compare it to buying an old car and trying to fix it up. You don't do it because you have to, and you can always buy a brand new car if you don't want the hassle.

People play this version of it because of the hassle, and understandibly so. Lots of games that come out now are made pretty easy and the most enjoyable thing is the grrat graphics. And as you mentioned, the nostalgia plays a big part. I've played on some private servers both from vanilla and TBC, and there was always a lot of people there. But the maintenance part of it isn't nearly as good, and so my friends have usually not been interested or kept up their interest at least.

For me this is the first time experiencing vanilla on an official server, and most of the people I play with or used to play with are gonna play with me. As I'm living about 8 hours from most of them, that is also a big reason for me as that's about the only time I get to talk to them over anything else than messages. I go home maybe 2 times a year, so don't really get to see them much.

Castia

just woke up and try to log on....4k queue again on Golemagg ffs.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

People actually have to interact again. That is what made the whole game fun in the first place.

Castia

Just about to hit level 11 and i get DC'd....straight back into a 12k queue.

Fook.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The game now is entirely different from what it was when it was first released. It was much harder when it comes to questing and instances, as it required you to actually pay attention to what you're doing. It is more unbalanced than now, but some things require actual skill to do, and you feel a bigger sense of accomplishment. I would rather compare it to buying an old car and trying to fix it up. You don't do it because you have to, and you can always buy a brand new car if you don't want the hassle.

People play this version of it because of the hassle, and understandibly so. Lots of games that come out now are made pretty easy and the most enjoyable thing is the grrat graphics. And as you mentioned, the nostalgia plays a big part. I've played on some private servers both from vanilla and TBC, and there was always a lot of people there. But the maintenance part of it isn't nearly as good, and so my friends have usually not been interested or kept up their interest at least.

For me this is the first time experiencing vanilla on an official server, and most of the people I play with or used to play with are gonna play with me. As I'm living about 8 hours from most of them, that is also a big reason for me as that's about the only time I get to talk to them over anything else than messages. I go home maybe 2 times a year, so don't really get to see them much.
Its hard because we're also new to the game.

15 years after we know alot more those raids will feel like a cakewalk compared to the current mythic.

I've played for a few hours already people arencomplaining about having to wait 30 minutes to kill a quest boss because 30 other people are waiting for first tap first kill mechanics.

No mass loot, one corpse means one click.

No money for trainer, no farmer as of now. I had to drink so often i put them on my most used bar.

Give it a week people will appreciate the quality of life that retail offers.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
People actually have to interact again. That is what made the whole game fun in the first place.
Nope. The same toxic players playing retail will move to classic. Whatever perceived sense of community will dwindle out naturally.

The only thing stopping retail player not to have a community isnt the game, its their own nature of selfishness.

Fun people will commute wherever they go. I've had people rejected my party invite for killing mob. For them it's about the same old level fast. Get good. Get loot.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Nope. The same toxic players playing retail will move to classic. Whatever perceived sense of community will dwindle out naturally.

The only thing stopping retail player not to have a community isnt the game, its their own nature of selfishness.

Fun people will commute wherever they go. I've had people rejected my party invite for killing mob. For them it's about the same old level fast. Get good. Get loot.
Nope. I can tell it is completely different already. People queuing for a mob quest and speaking to each other.

jungledrums

15 years after we know alot more those raids will feel like a cakewalk compared to the current mythic.

I've played for a few hours already people arencomplaining about having to wait 30 minutes to kill a quest boss because 30 other people are waiting for first tap first kill mechanics.

No money for trainer, no farmer as of now. I had to drink so often i put them on my most used bar.

People have been flocking to vanilla in their masses for years, so this argument doesn’t really hold up. Private servers have literally proved that classic will have staying power.

mitChley

I'm with you, as someone that played & raided during Vanilla and during Cataclysm then there's no way I'd want to play Vanilla again. Grinding levelling, getting the gold for a mount, the fire resist for molten core, no thanks.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm with you, as someone that played & raided during Vanilla and during Cataclysm then there's no way I'd want to play Vanilla again. Grinding levelling, getting the gold for a mount, the fire resist for molten core, no thanks.
Spend more time drinking than casting...

Ar least I'll ben enjoying the selling runecloth for mount journey... if i ever get that far...

Walking with no fp is the major downtrun...

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
People have been flocking to vanilla in their masses for years, so this argument doesn’t really hold up. Private servers have literally proved that classic will have staying power.
Oh they'll have their cult of players. But i doubt it'll be as grand as retail once the nostalgia stops kicking in.

Here's a pop quiz. Guess where everyone will be once the weekly chest is up. Vanilla? Or boralus harbour?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why is everybody excited about this? purely a nostalgia trip?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Why is everybody excited about this? purely a nostalgia trip?
It's the best version of WoW, only thing that is close is TBC, so more than nostalgia. Atleast for me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's the best version of WoW, only thing that is close is TBC, so more than nostalgia. Atleast for me.
I joined on TBC and absolutely loved it. Used to organise Maggie and Gruul each server reset day at the same time and ended up having pretty much the same group every week as we all worked weird times and couldn’t raid in the evenings.

You really don’t get that sense of community since Raid finder was introduced.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I joined on TBC and absolutely loved it. Used to organise Maggie and Gruul each server reset day at the same time and ended up having pretty much the same group every week as we all worked weird times and couldn’t raid in the evenings.

You really don’t get that sense of community since Raid finder was introduced.
I returned for a bit when Pandaria came out. Those pug raids through raid finder made the game so hollow. I remember being fecking stoked after finally clearing Molten Core with our guild after months of trying and failing (mostly because there's always some cnut that doesn't show up to a raid and is an important healer / tank. Those raid finder things just meant spamming fireballs semi-afk and collecting some loot I didn't care about. Lame. Had more fun Soloing Molten Core just for nostalgia reasons at that point.

Funky Futurista

I seriously doubt it will be a cakewalk, as it requires 40 people to do what they're supposed to be doing and it's hard just to stay alive.

And as it seems like you're not enjoying it, then go back to retail I guess? Dunno why you're complaining in this thread if you love retail so much. And the numbers on the servers will die down of course, that's just natural. Vanilla is not for everyone, and some will realize they don't like it.

You should count yourself lucky to be even playing. My internet went completely to shits last weekend and the technician hasn't been here to fix it yet. I'm basically living on 10-20 kbps :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Is there like a caf guild on vanilla or something? Obviously asking for a friend, since I would never return to this crack cocaine shitehole of a game now that I'm a dad.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

You're not fixing up that old car though, you're just buying an old car. One without ABS, air bags, no central locking, no electric windows, smashed tail lights and one that snakes to the left if you take your hands off the wheel and then saying 'it takes more skill to drive'. Those things aren't skill, and they don't induce skill. You're just dealing with needless complication for no real reason.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
You're not fixing up that old car though, you're just buying an old car. One without ABS, air bags, no central locking, no electric windows, smashed tail lights and one that snakes to the left if you take your hands off the wheel and then saying 'it takes more skill to drive'. Those things aren't skill, and they don't induce skill. You're just dealing with needless complication for no real reason.
Hehe not at all. The vanilla game didn't feel like that at all when it first came up. I was a vanilla player since day one and it was quite an experience let me say. You're putting it up like all they introduced later were just improvements but it's not the case. For all the sense of adventure was fading away with every expansion pack. The world was getting new zones and all but it didn't feel bigger. Imagine getting used to go running every place and then after three months i got my first mount! That kind of achievement isn't attainable at all in the current game. I haven't played the game since the last two expansions because the loot itself wasn't a reward anymore. It is the goal of the game now. It doesn't feel the same to me anymore. Also growing up, work and adulthood and all that.

So yeah, i can't wait to play classic wow as soon as i get back from work tonight

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Is there like a caf guild on vanilla or something? Obviously asking for a friend, since I would never return to this crack cocaine shitehole of a game now that I'm a dad.
Any answers to this? I don't think I'll be making any commitments to it but I might pop my head in and say hello.

sebsheep

Any answers to this? I don't think I'll be making any commitments to it but I might pop my head in and say hello.
I think the people who are playing are rolling on different servers to each other.

sebsheep

OK maybe we can aggregate which servers everyone is playing on?
Well I'm on Razorgore horde
P-Ro - Razorgore alliance scum
Castia - Golemagg horde
Duffer - Zandalari Tribe horde
The Cat - Mirage Raceway

That's all I know of.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Well I'm on Razorgore horde
P-Ro - Razorgore alliance scum
Castia - Golemagg horde
Duffer - Zandalari Tribe horde
The Cat - Mirage Raceway

That's all I know of.
Brilliant, everyone on either a different server or same server and different faction and nobody I really like anywayloljustkidding

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I seriously doubt it will be a cakewalk, as it requires 40 people to do what they're supposed to be doing and it's hard just to stay alive.

And as it seems like you're not enjoying it, then go back to retail I guess? Dunno why you're complaining in this thread if you love retail so much. And the numbers on the servers will die down of course, that's just natural. Vanilla is not for everyone, and some will realize they don't like it.

You should count yourself lucky to be even playing. My internet went completely to shits last weekend and the technician hasn't been here to fix it yet. I'm basically living on 10-20 kbps :lol:
I'm just fed up with people yapping about how great classic was in trade channel.

By all means classic had it's virtue at its time, but let's not pretend most of then can stand classic. They'd be back to retail before long. If you happens to be one of the classic fanatics then by all means enjoy it. I too play classic, out of nostalgia sake. But it really isnt the best things since sliced bread

sebsheep

Brilliant, everyone on either a different server or same server and different faction and nobody I really like anywayloljustkidding
Charming!

Fell for the white text :lol: