Worst PL players "stealing a living"?

ninjaskill

Different Premier League but Bobo Balde at Celtic stayed for a year after the club said he could go anywhere he wanted as no one was willing to match his salary at Celtic so he took a year of no games instead

El_cuervo

Ashley Williams is absolutely terrible.
He has been awful since he joined Everton. Doesn't look interested, over weight and the afro makes him look too casual for a centre half.

Antonedwin

Rooney earns more than Jesse. Our local lad has scored some very important goal that have won us stuff.
He’s a very good trainer and zero issues with his attitude. Harsh on him to say he’s stealing a living.
Rooney rewarded by huge contract because of what he did with us in the past, scored lot of goals and winning lot of trophies, him declining after is another matters

It really isn't. We've allowed many a youngster born and bred in the local area go. Lad is obviously very dedicated to his sport and has contributed to United's recent trophy wins. I really don't understand how he's picked out as stealing a living, when there a Premier League players who look like they've eaten too many pies and had a few too many drinks. I'd be thinking along the lines of Williams and Rooney at Everton.
But obviously this thread is a popularity thread for some, not actually looking at how some players earn their money. Being not as skilled as other players doesn't mean you're not working hard for your money.
Get out

Seriously does any of you dunder heads understand what ‘stealing a living’ means or are yous just gonna bash Lingard in every thread? Morons. A lot of united fans are actual morons!
You mean lingard deserve getting 100k just because he trains hard & being local ? it's not like he is our top shirt seller anyway

i'd say lingard is worth only 10k p/w and 90k is stealing

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
As much as I think Lingard is meh, I wouldn’t say he’s stealing a living. It’s just how much they’re paid now. Aren’t Young, Smalling, Fellaini, Blind all on more?

NotQuiteManc

I think most replied here don’t understand the concept of stealing a living.

Lingard is limited as a player, and not the most stylish attacker but he works hard for the team, even if it doesn’t come off well for him and the team always.

He is at most a squad player, and being utilised as such.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
As much as I think Lingard is meh, I wouldn’t say he’s stealing a living. It’s just how much they’re paid now. Aren’t Young, Smalling, Fellaini, Blind all on more?
When we signed Young he was one of the best wingers in the league. Blind, Smalling and Fella earn less than Lingard - all are around 75-80k while Young is on 110-120k

montpelier

Xhaka's performances should be filmed on CCTV.
:lol:

though better yesterday - actually didn't look like a loan / guest from the Dog & Duck

and as an aside to earlier posts, Lingard's FA Cup winning goal was pretty good though, wasn't it? #JustSaying

AndyJ1985

Lingard. Utter shit and earning a fortune at one of the biggest clubs in football.

Red_toad

Rooney rewarded by huge contract because of what he did with us in the past, scored lot of goals and winning lot of trophies, him declining after is another matters

You mean lingard deserve getting 100k just because he trains hard & being local ? it's not like he is our top shirt seller anyway

What does what Roney earned at United have to do with this thread, he's now stealing a living at Everton! Makes no difference as to what you think he should earn. Thread is about players who aren't making the effort, Jesse certainly doesn't fall into that catagory. But you're yet another one who brings him up as you don't like him.

Hughes35

Some of the shouts on here are stupid. There is a difference between overpaid (Lingard) and actually stealing a living. Look at Brad Jones for example, English career started in 2001 and moved away from UK in 2016 in that 15 years he made 71, yes just 71 appearances. That's 4.7 appearances a year for a whole career. Actually makes me a little angry how much he will have been paid in that time.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Lee Cattermole the season Sunderland got relegated was not even playing football, he put at least one murderous challenge every game and otherwise served nothing but to run around and be a game stopper.

haram

Bakayoko.

I've watched most of Chelsea's games this season and I'm still not sure what he is there for. He's engine is huge and he's seemingly strong. Other than that - he can't take a touch, pass or shoot. OP has mentioned Diame but he is a poorer version of him.
Bakayoko is a poorer version of Diame?

He has been awful since he joined Everton. Doesn't look interested, over weight and the afro makes him look too casual for a centre half.
Uhh, isn't this slightly racist?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Jesse lingard and phil jones. Lingard is 2500 per week division 1 player and plays for biggest club in country for 100k.
Jones is classic example of that term. He is injured all the time especially at the end of every season when he is needed the most. He would be sacked from any " regular " job.
Pure idiocy....

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Youth players get almist 10k
Where has being local got anything to do with it? He’s a first team squad player, that’s what they earn. Get over it

Mihai

No-one. Football is a meritocracy where there is no nepotism, no biases, the best players rise to the top and they earn contracts on that basis. Ok, there may be some earning more or less than they should but what industry is that not the case?

I don't get why people pick on players like Lingard and I see someone put Welbeck in the thread! Are you kidding me?! He's a fantastic player who Utd should never have sold. You don't make your way into the Utd first team without deserving the chance.

Is Rondon that bad or is he just low on confidence in a struggling defensive team? I think there are many players who can play very well in the right team. Just look at Marc Albrighton - he was released by Aston Villa and won the title with Leicester the next season!

I think what people mis-understand is that there is more to playing football than pure technical ability alone. Mental strength and athleticism go a long way and of course the best players have all 3, however, there have been great players that haven't been technically world class but performed at the highest level, e.g. Gary Neville.

Lastly, including Mata in that is just folly.
Yeah, like Antonio Donnarumma to Milan in the summer :lol:

EasyE

Bakayoko is a poorer version of Diame?

Uhh, isn't this slightly racist?
Looks like what I said - yeah. Diame has much better highlight reels over the years playing for Wigan and West Ham at the same age as Bakayoko. That's how much I think of him. Can't quite believe they swapped Matic for him. It's incredible.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
When we signed Young he was one of the best wingers in the league. Blind, Smalling and Fella earn less than Lingard - all are around 75-80k while Young is on 110-120k
Young signed a new contract in 2015, though. Which is what he’s on now. Should’ve reduced a fair bit, but it didn’t. I’d have thought Fellaini would be on more than £100k, but he’s due to sign a new one anyway.

aaron221295

Supports
Luton Town
Musa for Leicester. One of the blokes at work is a Leicester fan and he apparently turned down a loan to Hull on the same wages to sit on the bench @ Leicester... I don't even think he makes the bench now.

MrBest

Januzaj stole a living for years. Thought he could play with minimal effort! Nick Powell was also a special case. Anderson was terrible for a few years and luke Shaw now. Owen hargreaves was injured for years with us ... he may count as he just went off to city after we helped him recover.

I think Rooney is massively gaining, 150k a week? Cannot get into evertons relegation team! Doubt he is pushing himself to max. His body is old, that of a 60 year old!

montpelier

This thread doesn't know what it wants to be - are we harshing footy players for being overpaid, being injured a lot of the time, not trying or being crap?

They're all overpaid - I don't see how that one helps, tbh.

Anichebe
Frank Sinclair
I don't mind Januzaj going in
Bendtner

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Some of the shouts on here are stupid. There is a difference between overpaid (Lingard) and actually stealing a living. Look at Brad Jones for example, English career started in 2001 and moved away from UK in 2016 in that 15 years he made 71, yes just 71 appearances. That's 4.7 appearances a year for a whole career. Actually makes me a little angry how much he will have been paid in that time.
Player's wiki says his net worth is around $3mio

Plato

This forum really is obsessed with how black players' hairstyles affect their performances.

Wessex Saint

Supports
Southampton
Alex McCarthy 0 PL games in 18 months
Stuart Taylor
We at Saints know how to pick our reserve goalies!! Stuart Taylor well what can one say. In 18 years, he has played 76 games.

5 Champions League (surprisingly enough)
34 Premier League - the last being 4 games in 2012/13 and then before that 4 in 07/08
21 in the Champ

and the rest some rubbish somewhere or other. Quite why we have him, I do not know. Maybe he is more of a coach.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Solomon Rondon, the guy has only scored 3 times in his last 33 appearances, a stat I saw today, I hadn't realized how bad he was -- insanely shit and can't even hold up a ball, missed a really good chance towards the end of the game against Spurs, poor awareness. I don't understand why West Brom haven't bothered with the striker position for the last 2 seasons, and its no wonder they struggle for goals.

Ashley Williams, has regressed insanely, is overweight and just conceded 5 goals to Italian side Atalanta.

Lovren, eh

Erik Lamela, plays in the U-23 league

Idrissa Gueye, how badly has he regressed? People were saying he's better than Kante :lol:

Juan Mata, I'd still take him back

Mohamed Diame and Joselu
Rondon has been playing under Toby Pulis his whole PL career except 1 game, which he scored in. We have no right to question the goalscoring record if anybody who’s been playing under a man who is the antithesis of attacking football.

Lamela has been injured. Do you even keep up with football?

Gueye is playing in a horrible Everton team in an unbalanced midfield. Still a good player and great at what he does. Was excellent against Arsenal (until he got himself sent-off that is).

Mata is hardly stealing a wage... still a very good player who’s just not in form, again part of a misfunctioning offence all together.

El_cuervo

Artur Boruc whenever he plays. A surprise match fixing was never brought up, considering some of the howlers he has made.
This forum really is obsessed with how black players' hairstyles affect their performances.
I didn't notice. When he was at Swansea, he was the club captain always had a tight hair cut.
Now he plays and looks messy. He could be black, white, green, blue. . His skin colour has nothing do it.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Shane Long. A striker that's played at quite a few clubs now and hardly ever seems to score.

That douche who used to be think he was worth 20m plus who refused to play for his club on twitter when they wouldn't sell him, think he's at Stoke now. I can't even remember the guys name tbh - completely escaped my brain.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Shane Long. A striker that's played at quite a few clubs now and hardly ever seems to score.

That douche who used to be think he was worth 20m plus who refused to play for his club on twitter when they wouldn't sell him, think he's at Stoke now. I can't even remember the guys name tbh - completely escaped my brain.
Berahino maybe?

Utdstar01

Simon Francis is somehow in his third season as a regular defender in a Premier League team.

Bit harsh on Rondon, he's essentially been rendered into a rented mule thanks to Pulisball. Joseulu is much, much worse.
I can't believe how slow this guy is.

TRA007

No one is stealing a living, all players are obviously hard working professionals and deserve some respect to start with.