Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The main things that come out when you watch united play are lethargic play, no one taking risks in passing/runs, poor movement and vertical runs from strikers/cmf/full backs, lack of aggression in tackling and closing down, being 2nd to second balls, poor composure in the final third and in the box.

Now all of these can be easily attributed to coaching but I think it goes beyond that. Primarily issues arise from the following reasons:

1) Fitness: Full backs, wide forwards and sometime central midfielders need to be making sprints up and down to be more dynamic and to open up the field. If you are not fit enough then you will be reluctant to make those forward sprints as you tire for the fear of leaving space behind

2) Mentality/ Attitude: Some of this is natural and some circumstantial. In all walks of life, what separates equally talented people is the mental resilience, drive, attitude. In general, there is a large mentality malaise within the squad that may also be attributed to previous managers/ and lack of leaders. Nobody on the football pitch wants to take responsibility and take risks. Everyone plays it safe so that they are not blamed for any mistakes. Its an attitude for someone who is trying to hide/ get away rather than looking to win. I think it started with LVG (remember the video sessions and emphasis on taking a touch before shooting) and then continued under Jose (calling out individuals in public). Lack of leaders within the group means that nobody challenges the team mates when they take the safe option

3) Lack of Confidence in themselves and in each other: This is primarily because of constant failures and leads to players doubting themselves, taking an extra touch, not taking risks. One of the things that Ole changed when he came last year was to instil confidence and with each victory the group became more confident. This went on till we were winning but as soon as we lost to Arsenal, the self doubts came back and the players crumbled. Also highlights the mental fragility of some of our players.

4) Training: I do feel that movement on the pitch can be trained/coached by practice and repetitions on the training pitch. Our strikers don’t make simple movements like coming in a little deep to lay off the ball and then turning the defender and making the run behind. That should be easily be coached and practiced

5) Talent/ skill: The last and the most contributing factor is the lack of skill. Our midfielders and forwards are not able to execute basic skills such as first touch, passing, dribbling, finishing at the highest level. If you compare our forwards to players such as Aguero, RVP, Salah, there is a clear gap in talent. Those players fashioned chances on their own in the box through tight control, quick feet, movement. Similarly, our midfielders apart from Pogba don’t have the skill to accurately play 50-60 yard passes, to dribble in central areas, play into the strikers feet. And the first touch of most of our players is so horribly inconsistent that it constantly leads to moves breaking down.

So while issue 1,2,3,4 should be to an extent tackled with better coaching, all of them take time to improve and the results might not be immediately visible. The fact that it is a combination of these factors and not just one isolated factor makes it much harder to create and sustain changes. Thats why I feel its to premature to judge Ole and the staff because what we see is the result on the pitch. They might be working on all of the above and yet players have not yet internalised these to make sustainable improvements. And with some players, you can try to coach on all 4 aspects but they may show an incapability to learn. In which case, you need to get new players in, which again takes time.
I think you hit the nail in the head here. Anyone remember how hopeless we looked when Jose was having his meltdown? Then Ole comes in with a bit of positivity and we suddenly look like world beaters (which incidentally landed Ole the job) and then we revert back to being shite after Arsenal. Despite our squad being the worse its been in years in terms of talent, they are still more than good enough to put the likes of Astana, Rochdale and Newcastle to the sword

Loads of people on here like to point to (lack) of coaching as the reason as to why we look so clueless, but imo this is mostly in the players heads.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Exactly. Some of the excuses that are laid out for him are ridiculous. Literally all teams miss chances, pick up injuries, have decisions go against them etc. The bar has been lowered to a scarily low level and I don’t know if some fans are getting carried away by the nostalgia of Ole being here or if they’re genuinely deluded.
Probably a bit of both. Or fear of changing managers again? Either way, its obvious he’s looking way out of his depth. I hope he can turn it around but I have big doubts.

LInkash

Only Young was a definite starter out of those all. And that because Shaw/Valencia were injured, underperforming.
Also, De Gea was in godlike form whereas we have the opposite now. That had a massive influence and other teams were shitter back then.

Foxbatt

Or just delusional and naive. We won't attract top players if we aren't doing well in the short term.

If we don't fill the holes in our squad and there is a clear digress in performances relegation won't be so far fetched scenario.

The only positive so far for him has been that Maguire, AWB and James clicked(albeit very small sample), apart from that it's simply a disaster.
Spot on. What right players? Right players are anyone that's better than what we have.
If anyone thinks top world class players are going to come to United to be coached by Ole and United being in mid table is being delusional too.
We need world class players to win trophies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We've had a few bad results with a decimated squad. We are carrying about 4 complete passengers in every game right now. Players who didn't perform under Jose either. Ole didn't sign those useless fecks. He's just stuck with them until he can sign replacements. We have never in my life had such weak squads to chose from going into games. We've about 6 good established players left fit and the rest are either useless or kids. I think our performances are pretty much what you'd expect with what we have to chose from. I didn't expect to beat either West Ham or Newcastle when I saw the squads.

I can tell by the tone of the bolded parts of your post there's probably not too much point in discussing it much further though.
Same here. There's a strange thing on here where most agree players like Mata and Pereira are terrible but still expect us to out play teams that have recently spent £80m+ on their own forward lines (like West Ham and Newcastle). When assessing the quality of lineups the likes of Rashford are massively overrated on here compared to your average PL striker.

Abhinav

It's quite visible what Lampard is trying to do on the pitch - not so Ole. Losing their best player and unable to replace him is a very serious task on one hand. Unable to get 'his type' of players due to transfer ban too.

Last year Hazard accounted for 21 goals and 17 assists - more than anyone else in the team. This is a huge loss and Pulisic is someone for the future, not one that can replace him straight away.

Almost the same set of players finished 2nd 18 months ago which is to suggest they aren't shite as some are making out to be. Also Ole had 150m to reinforce the team. Choosing to spend it all on defence is on him.
Its been 8 PL games for Lampard. Ole had an incredible record in his first 12 PL games. Lets wait and see how he does over a longer period of time before hailing him. He also has a better squad with youngsters with senior football experience.

Yes, they finished second and then had a good run under Ole again last year. If they are fit, they will help us win more games under Ole again. But they are also mentally fragile, prone to lose confidence and have motivational issues. Long term, many of them will have to be replaced if we are ever to win the PL again. Do you disagree?

150m also had 75m going the other way, which has depleted the squad in the short term. Right back was a weak area even under Jose last year, our only other options are an over the hill Young and Dalot.
Our defence conceded 54 goals last season - it was a problem area for us before Ole came along.
Lukaku had made noises to move to italy even under Jose. Ole always claimed a replacement will come in if Lukaku was sold. That it didn’t happen is down to our board and Woodward.

TheRedDevil2019

Personally I'd stick with Ole, he has the right idea but crucially needs time. Ole and the team should be doing better I don't dispute this. However, it's this same team (the majority of) that continues to sulk, downing tools and needs clearing out. No manager can change the attitudes of the team until the clearout has occurred.

Reactions: Rood

Robbie Boy

Really what side are you on. It’s like you know Ole is rubbish but just want to go against the arguments of people telling you how rubbish he is just for a debate.
He's best ignored. He also thinks Moyes should have kept his job. I wouldn't bother mate.

Rafaeldagold

Personally I'd stick with Ole, he has the right idea but crucially needs time. Ole and the team should be doing better I don't dispute this. However, it's this same team (the majority of) that continues to sulk, downing tools and needs clearing out. No manager can change the attitudes of the team until the clearout has occurred.
Has the right idea in what way?
Doesn’t even matter if he does if he’s an awful coach/manager which is the case.
Weve regressed under him & other managers with less time & resources are doing better (lampard & Rogers)

if we had any ambition or pride as a ‘big club’ Ole would’ve been sacked long ago.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Too much emphasis is placed upon the poll results. Some people need to realise that supporting the team and supporting the club's bad decisions are two completely different things.

RatPack

Keep for now. Would like to see how it goes with Pogba, martial, shaw back in the team. If still losing then he has to go.

He did good bringing in the 3 new players (needed a couple more though).
But he does not seem to be able to improve the players and if that is the case then he has to go now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterLupus

I think that's pure madness, quite frankly, especially with Newcastle. That 11 out there should still have beaten them.

And the idea that Ole can actually turn it around from a position like this, something no PL manager has ever done, is pure fantasy. I love the guy but he's a terrible, terrible manager. But suit yourself, it would be amazing if he did, but I'm pragmatic, not romantic, so I'm 99% sure he won't.
I agree they should have - but who's to blame? Do you think it was our coaches teaching Young to fail at catching a perfectly administered pass coming at him at low speed even? Because yeah that happened he let it slip under his foot - the man wasn't even moving but standing still - and it rolled across the line pretty much gifting the opposition possession. My seven-year-old nephew would have caught that ball and he's not even that into football. Do you think it's our coaches teaching Maguire to make perfect headers all game but then not being able to hit an open net when receiving a perfect cross? Is that some party trick they've learnt during practice? As a practical joke on him for being new to the squad perhaps convincing him "this is the United way?" :lol:

Do you think our coaching is to blame for Fred receiving the ball whenever we are rushing forwards - numerous times so even - and instead of shipping it off to one of the players making a promising run or into the space we've created for ourselves - instead playing it safe and either holding it up only to stumble in his own feet eventually - or doing a pointless five meter pass back to our defenders pretty much hampering our entire progress? Do you think it was Ole who screamed out at Young (again) when he found himself alone with the keeper after having done a run into the box that he should "Panic the feck up, freeze and make a random pass into some defenders feet" rather than simply putting it at the empty net four meters in front of him? Fred (yet again) having several options for a pass but instead deciding to balloon it into a laughing audience - I bet that was Carrick's plan right? Mata running around contributing pretty much nothing all game - is that something he's been drilled in on the training field you think? Or Rashford spending more time looking embarrassed and distraught than actually focused on getting into goal scoring positions?

Our tactics do generate enough for our team to win games - the possession, the pressure, the defensive stability are all there to build a good offense on and we create plenty of space and opportunities too. Problem is our attackers are blind to it - they don't have eyes to pick them out and even when they do you can't even trust them to score a penalty they're that erratic. This has nothing to do with our coaching - our players simply can't keep their wits about them and when they do manage it their nerves shut down.

RAVred

Crazy how fickle some are indeed. No idea how anyone was for keeping him before that result, in the first place.
I never wanted us to sign him, especially that early on after he had a run of momentum from which we signed him as permanent manager. Honestly anyone that wasnt blindsided by our good run of form then and that we were finally attacking would notice that signing him permanently was extremely rash. There were always better options out there to suit Man Utd and managers of a much higher calibre, which for one attracts BETTER HIGHER LEVEL players.

This is why you see certain players go to clubs like City, Liverpool, etc. over others, because they want to play for these proven managers. Hell even Lukaku to Inter... Utd hasnt had the greatest of results in the last 6 years now, and for most players it isnt attractive whatsoever (especially in comparison to other clubs of a similar calibre).

Theres nothing hes shown since that initial spell that he should stay on as Utd manager, anyone wanting him to be manager is either delusional or being tricked by the board (which they ironically say are more at fault). Hes basically the boards figurehead, as he has no managerial talent or philosophy to implement, and relies on emphasising "Youth" (or academy players) rather than looking elsewhere for better talent which requires them to invest more funds.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I agree they should have - but who's to blame? Do you think it was our coaches teaching Young to fail at catching a perfectly administered pass coming at him at low speed even? Because yeah that happened he let it slip under his foot - the man wasn't even moving but standing still - and it rolled across the line pretty much gifting the opposition possession. Do you think it's our coaches teaching Maguire to make perfect headers all game but then ballooning it in front of an open net? Is that some party trick they've learnt during practice? As a practical joke on him for being new to the squad perhaps convincing him "this is the United way?" :lol:

Do you think our coaching is to blame for Fred receiving the ball whenever we are rushing forwards - numerous times so even - and instead of shipping it off to one of the players making a promising run or into the space we've created for ourselves - instead playing it safe and either holding it up only to stumble in his own feet eventually - or doing a pointless five meter pass back to our defenders pretty much hampering our entire progress? Do you think it was Ole who screamed out at Young (again) when he found himself alone with the keeper after having done a run into the box that he should "Panic the feck up, freeze and make a random pass into some defenders feet" rather than simply putting it at the empty net four meters in front of him? Fred (yet again) having several options for a pass but instead deciding to balloon it into a laughing audience - I bet that was Carrick's plan right? Mata running around contributing pretty much nothing all game - is that something he's been drilled in on the training field you think? Or Rashford spending more time looking embarrassed and distraught than actually focused on getting into goal scoring positions?

Our tactics do generate enough for our team to win games - the possession, the pressure, the defensive stability are all there to build a good offense on and we create plenty of space and opportunities too. Problem is our attackers are blind to it - they don't have eyes to pick them out and even when they do you can't even trust them to score a penalty they're that erratic. This has nothing to do with our coaching - our players simply can't keep their wits about them and when they do manage it their nerves shut down.
I'm sorry but this is such shite. Typical "blame the players because I don't want to blame Ole and the coaches".

We are a horribly coached football team, you'd have to be blind not to see it.

RatPack

Great post. 100% agree.
Agree in general. But I am not a 100% on not finishing with relegation with the performance against Newcastle. Further I am not sure we will get any players in the winter window that will improve us.

MisterLupus

I'm sorry but this is such shite. Typical "blame the players because I don't want to blame Ole and the coaches".

We are a horribly coached football team, you'd have to be blind not to see it.
Parroting yourself doesn't make your point any more valid - anyone can repeat themselves I'm not impressed by it. And no mate I blame the coaches when blaming the coaches is warranted - and I've blamed them for plenty this season and there will probably be more to come. For instance I have no problems blaming them for Mata and Fred even being on that pitch - that's all on them the fact that they keep investing their trust in players who clearly aren't cut for this level - despite the fact that we knew this last season already. Young I can forgive because we lack an option on our left fullback position - but anyone would be better suited than those two. And if the tactics prove unproductive and our team looks a mess all across the field - then yeah that too would be on the coaches and how they've set up the team to play. That isn't the case however - and what I don't blame them for is the stuff that's obviously down to the players themselves. The lack of intelligence and vision - their inability to convert even the best of chances - all the individual mistakes.

You guys are treating it as if these are all fresh little babies who should be 100% absolved of any responsibility - that it's all on the coaches for not pandering their every movement on the pitch as if they were a bunch of remote-controlled digital muppets or something. They're not - they've lived football their entire lives so when they can't even get the basics right that's on them and nobody else. Also I find it very convenient how last season people dismissed this entire team as "deadwood" and "useless" and whatnot but now that you have a chance to hate on our coaching - they're suddenly untouchable free of all guilt.

We need to build a better team - period. The players we have now are either not motivated and focused enough - or simply too mediocre to get us anywhere. We won't know how valid this project is until all the pieces needed for it to succeed are in place - as of now we're stuck with this crew however and they're only intent on proving themselves surplus to demand it seems.

Last edited:

Superdub

Even Sir Alex would have a torrid time trying to get this team to win, so I say give Ole more time. Yes, we do need more players of a better caliber, but that's all down to the money men. I'd be amazed if Ole hasn't given a list (or lists) of players he thinks would do the job he wants done to those who do the deals, but the lads in the business offices at OT just aren't capable of getting deals over the finish line. Or, worse still, they could do a deal, but don't see the commercial value in it, so the team and us fans are left to suffer. Keep the faith!

Massive Spanner

Parroting yourself doesn't make your point any more valid - anyone can repeat themselves I'm not impressed by it. And no mate I blame the coaches when blaming the coaches is warranted - and I've blamed them for plenty this season and there will probably be more to come. For instance I have no problems blaming them for Mata and Fred even being on that pitch - that's all on them the fact that they keep investing their trust in players who clearly aren't cut for this level - despite the fact that we knew this last season already. Young I can forgive because we lack an option on our left fullback position - but anyone would be better suited than those two. And if the tactics prove unproductive and our team looks a mess all across the field - then yeah that too would be on the coaches and how they've set up the team to play. What I don't blame them for however - is the stuff that's obviously down to the players themselves. The lack of intelligence and vision - their inability to convert even the best of chances - all the individual mistakes.

You guys are treating it as if these are all fresh little babies who should be 100% absolved of any responsibility - that it's all on the coaches for not pandering their every movement on the pitch as if they were a bunch of remote-controlled digital muppets or something. They're not - they've lived football their entire lives so when they can't even get the basics right that's on them and nobody else. Also I find it very convenient how last season people dismissed this entire team as "deadwood" and "useless" and whatnot but now that you have a chance to hate on our coaching - they're suddenly untouchable.

We need to build a better team - period. The guys we have now are either not motivated and focused enough - or simply too mediocre to get us anywhere. We won't know how valid this project is until all the pieces needed for it to succeed are in place - as of now we're stuck with this crew and they're only intent on proving themselves surplus to demand it seems.
I'm really not. I think that the manager, coaches, and players aren't doing a good enough job and that's why we are in this mess. It's not mutually exclusive at all.

Unfortunately we can't sack players mid season so we need to make do for now but we can sack a manager who is clearly not doing a good enough job. Our team isn't good enough right now, I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but we look like the worst team in the league at the moment when clearly our squad is nowhere near that bad and it's primarily because they're really poorly coached and our manager has no idea what he is doing.

I just don't understand how anyone can have watched our last 15-20 games under Ole and see any semblence of a manager who is implementing a style of player, or knows what to do with his players, or what subs to make, or what formation to play to get the best of them, or where to play them, or.. well.. pretty much anything. You just need to look at Fat Frank at Chelsea to see an example of a manager who actually knows what he's at.

MisterLupus

Agree in general. But I am not a 100% on not finishing with relegation with the performance against Newcastle. Further I am not sure we will get any players in the winter window that will improve us.
If we don't - sack everyone to be honest. If they're still oblivious as to how pressing our needs are in midfield and attack come January then nobody deserves to be in their position or anywhere near a football team ever again.

Enigma_87

You know who
If we don't - sack everyone to be honest. If they're still oblivious as to how pressing our needs are in midfield and attack then nobody deserves to be in their position.
As always it will be too late.

We need to act in advance and make correct judgement. It's plainly obvious our coaching team is subpar and not good enough. Why keep them and make matters worse before we get our act together?

I we're in the bottom of the table and panic in Jan bringing some 'more deadwood', then what?

MisterLupus

I'm really not. I think that the manager, coaches, and players aren't doing a good enough job and that's why we are in this mess. It's not mutually exclusive at all.

Unfortunately we can't sack players mid season so we need to make do for now but we can sack a manager who is clearly not doing a good enough job. Our team isn't good enough right now, I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but we look like the worst team in the league at the moment when clearly our squad is nowhere near that bad and it's primarily because they're really poorly coached and our manager has no idea what he is doing.

I just don't understand how anyone can have watched our last 15-20 games under Ole and see any semblence of a manager who is implementing a style of player, or knows what to do with his players, or what subs to make, or what formation to play to get the best of them, or where to play them, or.. well.. pretty much anything. You just need to look at Fat Frank at Chelsea to see an example of a manager who actually knows what he's at.
I only care about this season - last season... I'm surprised we even managed 6th - that was all down to that insane run we experienced during Ole's first months. Like I said - things have improved since then - even if the results are still abysmal. Possession, defense, pressure, work rate - all better now than it used to be and also our transfers looks like solid investments for the first time in years - but it was an absolute disaster not getting a forward and a couple of quality midfielders in. And I'm not even buying the whole "the perfect candidate must be available" nonsense - that's idealism and it will bury us. Anyone - pretty much anyone - would be an upgrade to this. What's the point of doing everything well in 2/3 of the pitch if you're utterly impotent in the final third? A stable foundation alone doesn't win you games - goals do. But that being said - you can't deny that at least we have a much more stable foundation this year than last - can you?

Enigma_87

You know who
Its been 8 PL games for Lampard. Ole had an incredible record in his first 12 PL games. Lets wait and see how he does over a longer period of time before hailing him. He also has a better squad with youngsters with senior football experience.

Yes, they finished second and then had a good run under Ole again last year. If they are fit, they will help us win more games under Ole again. But they are also mentally fragile, prone to lose confidence and have motivational issues. Long term, many of them will have to be replaced if we are ever to win the PL again. Do you disagree?

150m also had 75m going the other way, which has depleted the squad in the short term. Right back was a weak area even under Jose last year, our only other options are an over the hill Young and Dalot.
Our defence conceded 54 goals last season - it was a problem area for us before Ole came along.
Lukaku had made noises to move to italy even under Jose. Ole always claimed a replacement will come in if Lukaku was sold. That it didn’t happen is down to our board and Woodward.
Ole always claimed that he's happy with the squad and happy with Woodward. You can't use some of his words to suit your agenda.

You can't absolve the manager of the fault of going into a season like that. No top manager will do it, unless there is a transfer ban.

Massive Spanner

I only care about this season - last season... I'm surprised we even managed 6th - that was all down to that insane run we experienced during Ole's first months. Like I said - things have improved since then - even if the results are still abysmal. Possession, defense, pressure, work rate - all better now than it used to be and also our transfers looks like solid investments for the first time in years - but it was an absolute disaster not getting a forward and a couple of quality midfielders in. And I'm not even buying the whole "the perfect candidate must be available" nonsense - that's idealism and it will bury us. Anyone - pretty much anyone - would be an upgrade to this. What's the point of doing everything well in 2/3 of the pitch if you're utterly impotent in the final third? A stable foundation alone doesn't win you games - goals do. But that being said - you can't deny that at least we have a much more stable foundation this year than last - can you?
Um.. yes.. absolutely. We are worse in every position this season than last season apart from our defense and we have a much worse manager and we are one of the worst performing teams in the league. How can that possibly be a more stable foundation?

Robbie Boy

I never wanted us to sign him, especially that early on after he had a run of momentum from which we signed him as permanent manager. Honestly anyone that wasnt blindsided by our good run of form then and that we were finally attacking would notice that signing him permanently was extremely rash. There were always better options out there to suit Man Utd and managers of a much higher calibre, which for one attracts BETTER HIGHER LEVEL players.

This is why you see certain players go to clubs like City, Liverpool, etc. over others, because they want to play for these proven managers. Hell even Lukaku to Inter... Utd hasnt had the greatest of results in the last 6 years now, and for most players it isnt attractive whatsoever (especially in comparison to other clubs of a similar calibre).

Theres nothing hes shown since that initial spell that he should stay on as Utd manager, anyone wanting him to be manager is either delusional or being tricked by the board (which they ironically say are more at fault). Hes basically the boards figurehead, as he has no managerial talent or philosophy to implement, and relies on emphasising "Youth" (or academy players) rather than looking elsewhere for better talent which requires them to invest more funds.
That’s my point. It’s fickle to change your vote after one result considering the poll only went live like last week. But it’s even more bizarre that there are people that want to keep him. As soon as the poll went up I voted he has to go. I mean, as I’ve said in other threads, he has zero redeeming features as a manager. The whole thing is a mess.

MisterLupus

Ole always claimed that he's happy with the squad and happy with Woodward. You can't use some of his words to suit your agenda.

You can't absolve the manager of the fault of going into a season like that. No top manager will do it, unless there is a transfer ban.
He has a history of overestimating his players - it was his downfall in Cardiff as well bringing in old pals he'd worked with in the past who contributed absolutely nothing to his team. This is one of his weak spots in my opinion - he's too optimistic and gullible for his own good. I think he actually believed these players to be good enough to keep us afloat until his dream prospects were available - and in fairness were it not for injuries they might have been. But you have to expect injuries - and it's been clear for everyone that beyond our starting eleven we have very little of value to put out there - so that's no excuse as far as I'm concerned that whole decision whomever was behind it is why we look so utterly hopeless up front these days.

Um.. yes.. absolutely. We are worse in every position this season than last season apart from our defense and we have a much worse manager and we are one of the worst performing teams in the league. How can that possibly be a more stable foundation?
I don't agree with that neither does the numbers to be fair - the only critical weakness we have this season relates to creativity and conversion - and that's due to what's already been elaborated on (a transfer window that only got it half right and a general lack of quality). But I would be repeating myself if I were to once more name the areas we've improved in - and I can't be arsed going in circles with you sorry. I'm not much of a dancer ;)

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

It went from 61% to 46% in two games so somehow I doubt it'll be "nearly half" for long. Then you've got the oppo fans..
Oppo fans and strange wum characters account for a lot of the keep votes, no doubt. Much like the Mourinho poll last season, it’ll eventually sway in a very Ole out direction.

ash_86

Martial is injury prone so that was a bit expected. Auba is incredibly fit he barely misses a game:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/pierre-emerick-aubameyang/verletzungen/spieler/58864

Before the season started it was to be expected these turn of events.

We have 5 games in 13 days after the break. With a short squad we would probably pick more injuries. If those players are rushed it can backfire quickly, especially the likes of Shaw - as proven in the past.
Wow Auba record is insane. Anyway , if we could get to January unscathed then i think we would bring in a couple of new faces and alleviate some dependency on Martial.

Enigma_87

You know who
He has a history of overestimating his players - it was his downfall in Cardiff as well bringing in old pals he'd worked with in the past who contributed absolutely nothing to his team. This is one of his weak spots in my opinion - he's too optimistic and gullible for his own good. I think he actually believed these players to be good enough to keep us afloat until his dream prospects were available - and in fairness were it not for injuries they might have been. But you have to expect injuries - and it's been clear for everyone that beyond our starting eleven we have very little of value to put out there - so that's no excuse as far as I'm concerned that whole decision whomever was behind it is why we look so utterly hopeless up front these days.
Completely agree with that.

Enigma_87

You know who
Wow Auba record is insane. Anyway , if we could get to January unscathed then i think we would bring in a couple of new faces and alleviate some dependency on Martial.
Who do you reckon will be available in January? Even by some chance a player wants the move (although I can't really see it myself considering the state we're in) it will cost a fortune to extract him.

ash_86

Who do you reckon will be available in January? Even by some chance a player wants the move (although I can't really see it myself considering the state we're in) it will cost a fortune to extract him.
I'd look into Manzukic definitely. He could give us a Zlatan like impact right away. Has bags of experience , good technique and could find the net and wont cost a lot. We need a midfielder too but not sure who's going to be available at this point. The clubs know we're running on fumes so i do think they would likely get one or two new faces in.

You think this is unscathed?
I meant if we get to January from now unscathed by injuries. Just over two months, certainly possible.

Massive Spanner

I'd look into Manzukic definitely. He could give us a Zlatan like impact right away. Has bags of experience , good technique and could find the net and wont cost a lot. We need a midfielder too but not sure who's going to be available at this point. The clubs know we're running on fumes so i do think they would likely get one or two new faces in.

I meant if we get to January from now unscathed by injuries. Just over two months, certainly possible.
Like.. apart from the ones we already have or to our three remaining senior players?

Enigma_87

You know who

Not sure if Mandzukic was in the plans at all tbh. We had every option to sign him in the Summer and chose not to. I agree about him being useful, but unfortunately probably we aren't looking for that "type" anyway.

As for injuries you are way too optimistic mate. We have 5 games in 13 days or something, so far our injuries came in little to no congested schedule, imagine when December comes..

I'm pretty sure we will pick a lot of injuries this season due to the short squad and also the training methods.

norm87cro

Public opinion is fickle. This kind of voting should be restricted to every month or two. Instead people change opinion with every passing game. If we should by some miracle beat the scousers Ole "keep" will surley pass 55 % within a few hours after the game. And I'm very much aware that personally I would be tempted to change my vote should we lose the next game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.