Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Of Days

All the excuses made for Ole it’s almost as if his own fans accept that he’s incompetent and needs special allowances made for him
In order to Justify Ole's reign and ability, you have to assign him the role of perceptual victim while making out that he's fighting it out against all odds with everything in the tide going against him. Even his own decisions he makes are not his fault. They were simply forced on him due to external forces and principalities .

So if Ole decides to drastically gut the squad to it's bare bones, he had no choice in the matter, the players made him do it. And if Ole decided not to find their replacements, it was Woodword's doing as he held a gun to his head and told him he must only spend the 150 million he was given on defenders only.

And to show Ole isn't doing so bad, rule no 1, you must deride and denigrate other rival manager's accomplishments no matter how far at a disadvantage they were from their starting point at the same time as Ole.

So even if the other manager had no transfer window, or took over less team who were midtable with a smaller budget, Ole still had it harder and still had poorer squad even though it is valued over 300 million.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
In order to Justify Ole's reign and ability, you have to assign him the role of perceptual victim while making out that he's fighting it out against all odds with everything in the tide going against him. Even his own decisions he makes are not his fault. They were simply forced on him due to external forces and principalities .

So if Ole decides to drastically gut the squad to it's bare bones, he had no choice in the matter, the players made him do it. And if Ole decided not to find their replacements, it was Woodword's doing as he held a gun to his head and told him he must only spend the 150 million he was given on defenders only.

And to show Ole isn't doing so bad, rule no 1, you must deride and denigrate other rival manager's accomplishments no matter how far at a disadvantage they were from their starting point at the same time as Ole.

So even if the other manager had no transfer window, or took over less team who were midtable with a smaller budget, Ole still had it harder and still had poorer squad even though it is valued over 300 million.
Simpleton Ole. His pressers also come across as someone who isn’t too sharp
“I’ve got the best job in the world and I am sure if you’re in a job or if you’re out of a job and you’re a manager, you’d want this job”
Sounded like a cute thing a 5 year old would say... but tbf he might be onto something at what other club or business could you prove so incompetent and not only not get sacked but pretty much be given a free a pass

Mainoldo

2 of them weren't very good and 2 of them got better offers from clubs who aren't (as much of) a shambles. What's Ole supposed to do about that?

Lampard has a young, talented squad, almost all of whom have decent experience on loan plus a sprinkling of quality, experienced pros on top. And he's still lost twice to us this season already.

In reality, neither manager is top class but both of them are promising and there's the possibility they're both building something decent.
So now Jorginho is the GOAT? No-one would have pee'd on him on fire if it meant we could have got him on a free in January. If we had a good manager half of your negatives about the squad wouldn't exist. When we had Herrera, Pogba and Matic on our unbeaten run, we was going into games constantly thinking we had the best midfield. Even against Chelsea.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
So now Jorginho is the GOAT? No-one would have pee'd on him on fire if it meant we could have got him on a free in January. If we had a good manager half of your negatives about the squad wouldn't exist. When we had Herrera, Pogba and Matic on our unbeaten run, we was going into games constantly thinking we had the best midfield. Even against Chelsea.
Exactly. Last season he was viewed as too slow by many. This is what many don’t understand when they say “but other teams have better players” sometimes it’s the case that other teams managers are getting more out of their players and coaching them better. Put those very same players in the hands of ole, or even Jose for young players like Martial etc and they’ll end up looking average.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

That's harsh on Jose

SteveW

The idea that the managers haven't been choosing the signings is fecking mental. They may not get everything they want but none of them were having players forced on them.

Choosing the players is a HUGE part of being a manager at almost all clubs. Managers build squads to carry out their vision. The ones that do this well have great careers. There's literally a handful of clubs in world football where the managers don't do that.

Mainoldo

Tomorrow is a very difficult game, I think going in expecting a win is unrealistic. I know if you look at the game on paper or purely in isolation its Sheffield Utd vs Man Utd, but taking into account how both sides have played this season, I know which result looks the less likely.

I'll be impressed if Ole can get this team a win tomorrow, it would be his best result of the season so far probably. They will play exactly how we hate teams to play, the way we've looked shite against so many times, not just under Ole but under the past few managers.
After this weekends results i think anything but a win writes our season of and should write off the managers career. Yes it might not mean his sacking but it surely mean we part ways at the end of the season.

el3mel

The idea that the managers haven't been choosing the signings is fecking mental. They may not get everything they want but none of them were having players forced on them.

Choosing the players is a HUGE part of being a manager at almost all clubs. Managers build squads to carry out their vision. The ones that do this well have great careers. There's literally a handful of clubs in world football where the managers don't do that.
I'm fine with the idea of him choosing the signing but at the same time it means he chose to not sign a midfielder or a forward and preferred Maguire on them, or are you going to give him credit for the players coming and blame the board for players not coming ?

Greck

Tomorrow is a very difficult game, I think going in expecting a win is unrealistic. I know if you look at the game on paper or purely in isolation its Sheffield Utd vs Man Utd, but taking into account how both sides have played this season, I know which result looks the less likely.

I'll be impressed if Ole can get this team a win tomorrow, it would be his best result of the season so far probably. They will play exactly how we hate teams to play, the way we've looked shite against so many times, not just under Ole but under the past few managers.
:lol:

Sorry not laughing directly at you but it's a bit funny how this bar keeps getting set lower each week. It's Sheffield. You don't have to go this far if you like Ole. He can beat Sheffield

Ancient Of Days

A defeat tomorrow and Ole needs to demonstrate his professed love for the club and step aside, to let a real manager come in to take his place and show him how to manage and coach a team beyond conference level

momo83

Massive Snowflake

Let me tell you. Beating Sheffield United will surpass winning the league with Molde. It’ll be the highlight of Ole’s Career. They’ll probably make a dvd about the afternoon Ole best Sheffield United

hahahhaha!!! feck me, if we're that shit then get rid yesterday. For Manchester United to not expect to beat Sheffield fecking United. :lol:

dove

hahahhaha!!! feck me, if we're that shit then get rid yesterday. For Manchester United to not expect to beat Sheffield fecking United. :lol:
It's hard to tell anymore if they are trolling or they actually believe this shit they post. Hilarious, is there something we should expect at all from Ole's United? We can't expect to beat Sheffield, we can't expect to string 2 passes together, we can't expect to have 2 shots on target, we can't expect to see any idea what Ole is doing here. But let's give him 5 years.

It's hard to tell anymore if they are trolling or they actually believe this shit they post. Hilarious, is there something we should expect at all from Ole's United?
The crazy thing is, no other manager in World football would get away with this shite. Can you seriously imagine the same fans bigging up van Gaal or Mourinho and saying we can't expect to beat Sheffield United and if we do, it will be a very impressive result by the manager. :lol:

dove

The crazy thing is, no other manager in World football would get away with this shite. Can you seriously imagine the same fans bigging up van Gaal or Mourinho and saying we can't expect to beat Sheffield United and if we do, it will be a very impressive result by the manager. :lol:
Majority of fans wanted Jose out after finishing 2nd because the gap between us and City was too big and we played boring football. Now the same fans want Ole given 5 years despite the fact that we play even worse football and Ole is a nothing manager. Madness.

Mainoldo

Majority of fans wanted Jose out after finishing 2nd because the gap between us and City was too big and we played boring football. Now the same fans want Ole given 5 years despite the fact that we play even worse football and Ole is a nothing manager. Madness.
What happens when you win us a Champions League final. :lol:

RonaldoVII

How many fans wanted Jose gone at the end of May 18? Was nowhere near the majority. Most saw us progressing well and wanted a big summer to close the gap.

How many fans wanted Jose gone at the end of May 18? Was nowhere near the majority. Most saw us progressing well and wanted a big summer to close the gap.
Majority my arse, the majority of fans wanted to see better football but the main focus was that we were now number 2 again and had closed the gap somewhat. The huge majority of fans wanted a massive summer of spending from the club, not a change of manager.

I do get doves point though, some fans always wanted Mourinho gone even after finishing second, because of the football, yet no doubt some of them are excusing Ole non stop.

El Zoido

Hard to understand why this thread is so active when we haven’t even played, after form has taken an upturn. Not a huge fan of Ole as a manger but we seem to have turned a corner at least. Not the time to be calling for his head.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Basicly why are we being outperformed by a club like leicester? And Chelsea are doing fine with Lampard.

Ole's signings in have been alright, but lets not kid ourselves. We paid around 55 million for a good right back, we paid a world record fee for a CB in Maguire who's not among the 5 best CB's in the world. Only James qualifies as a steal. We've been shit under ever since the end of his first 15 games. The moment there is a better manager available and there is, we should go out for it. Even smaller clubs don't feck around

Josep Dowling

I’m sure he will get excused because Pogba and McTominay are injured so we basically have no midfield for tomorrow. The fact he decided not to bring in a midfielder will be completely ignored. We were not even linked with central midfielder except an average one at Newcastle who has done absolutely nothing all season.

edit: forgot Lemina as well :lol:. Before anyone says Bruno Fernandes and Dybala aren’t central midfielders.

dove

Ok I don't know exact percentage but I guess it was like 40% who wanted him gone. To me what sums everything up is one specific infamous poster over here who just cannot stop creating classic kneejerking threads every time we win the game (remember that one during the Chelsea game? :lol: ). We have quite a few fans like him who wanted Jose out from day 1 but now Ole is untouchable and he can do no wrong and I honestly think he believes Ole will turn into SAF in 5 years time. This to me perfectly sums up why many still want Ole in, it's not because of what they see on the pitch as it's terrible, it's simply because he is Ole.

RedDevilUnited369

I’m sure he will get excused because Pogba and McTominay are injured so we basically have no midfield for tomorrow. The fact he decided not to bring in a midfielder will be completely ignored. We were not even linked with central midfielder except an average one at Newcastle who has done absolutely nothing all season.

edit: forgot Lemina as well:lol:

I’m sure we were linked with multiple targets all summer long. Bruno Fernandes for one.

memories are short I see....

If you can remember how long it took to get Harry and get rid of Lukaku you will know that Woodward isn’t capable of bringing in multiple targets during a transfer window.

Believing that any manager comes into a club of this status and let’s players go without replacing them seems like idiocy to me.

Ole wanted more players. He was not allowed to spend over the budget. Which was less than 70m when taking into account money back on Lukaku

mu4c_20le

Basicly why are we being outperformed by a club like leicester? And Chelsea are doing fine with Lampard.

Ole's signings in have been alright, but lets not kid ourselves. We paid around 55 million for a good right back, we paid a world record fee for a CB in Maguire who's not among the 5 best CB's in the world. Only James qualifies as a steal. We've been shit under ever since the end of his first 15 games. The moment there is a better manager available and there is, we should go out for it. Even smaller clubs don't feck around
Wanna do Mourinho's signings?

Bailly -
Lindelof -
Sanchez -
Matic -
Fred -
Dalot -

I'll wait :)

Mainoldo

I’m sure we were linked with multiple targets all summer long. Bruno Fernandes for one.

memories are short I see....

If you can remember how long it took to get Harry and get rid of Lukaku you will know that Woodward isn’t capable of bringing in multiple targets during a transfer window.

Believing that any manager comes into a club of this status and let’s players go without replacing them seems like idiocy to me.

Ole wanted more players. He was not allowed to spend over the budget. Which was less than 70m when taking into account money back on Lukaku
Except for Real Madrid what club delivered with all there targets (They still failed to get Pogba)and who made more than 3 signings whilst spending more money than us? Count Aston Villa if you want.

It's not incompetence at all.. it's just the market but like how we judge Ole we seem to live in our bubble where only Manchester United exist in Football.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Because he is still dealing with that mess. And isn't Mourinho a better manager than Ole?
I still don't see how that makes it relevant to Ole's signings? What you're basically suggesting is that because our previous, better manager made poor signings then we shouldn't be allowed to critique Ole on his?

mu4c_20le

I still don't see how that makes it relevant to Ole's signings? What you're basically suggesting is that because our previous, better manager made poor signings then we shouldn't be allowed to critique Ole on his?
Maybe we shouldn't downplay his signings like they're the most obvious signings in the world? If it were that easy, why didn't world class mourinho make them? He also said "as soon as a better manager is available we should go for him". There are many better than him. Lets sack Ole and hand them a blank chequebook!

el3mel

Because he is still dealing with that mess. And isn't Mourinho a better manager than Ole?
The mess that finished second the season before Ole got the job? And anyway he got as much money in summer as Mourinho and LvG got in each one of their summer markets. What did he do with it? Splash most of it on a CB and not reinforcing the midfield or attack. The summer marker planning looks pretty poor to me, hardly worth any praise tbh.

Massive Spanner

Maybe we shouldn't downplay his signings like they're the most obvious signings in the world? If it were that easy, why didn't world class mourinho make them? He also said "as soon as a better manager is available we should go for him". There are many better than him. Lets sack Ole and hand them a blank chequebook!
I don't disagree with that but again it's totally irrelevant to how poor Mourinho's were and you're the one who brought that up. Signings are pretty much the only area where Ole has done an acceptable job here (even though he was incredibly naive in some aspects with them) so you could easily flip that and point out the posts where people cite them over and over and over again as a reason why we should keep him.

I don't think Ole did a great job with signings at all, personally. The 80m on Maguire should've been spent elsewhere, but we did get 3 good players out of it which is more than we can say about most summers so despite it not being what I think we most needed this summer it wasn't bad either.

SteveW

edit: forgot Lemina as well :lol:. Before anyone says Bruno Fernandes and Dybala aren’t central midfielders.
It's not a simple as snapping your fingers and the correct midfield option appears. I don't remember any really obvious targets that we passed up. Quality CMs are hard to get at present. They tried Longstaff and Rabiot and didn't get them. Ole said they are looking at midfielders so it's clearly a priority.

The blame lies at the previous managers for leaving us so devoid of quality in that position.

Massive Spanner

He's stuck with a shit squad because of it.
:lol: the squad finished 2nd in the league before he took over and he won his first 10 games with it when he did, all the while praising those players. He's the one who gutted it in the summer.

Also, you totally missed my point as I merely said that Mourinho's transfers were irrelevant to Ole's but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.