Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baneofthegame

The problem I have with Ole, is we still have no clear defined vision for our football. Every week it seems like we are eleven guys who just met one another the day before the game.

If you look at Sheffield Utd for instance, everyone knows where they are meant to be, what runs to make, neat little triangles of passing, when to press or not etc.

Our philosophy is essentially hit teams on the counter, when teams allow us the ball, we have no clue what we are doing.

Also I thought his substitution to bring Tuanzebe on invited pressure on us for the last ten minutes for no reason when we were in the ascendancy looking for a 4th goal.

Anyway, I’m sure he will get more time and I’m not saying drop him, but these issues have been there for a while now and don’t look like being rectified.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Through thick and thin is lost on your average Manchester United fan these days, sadly
Real fans first and foremost supports the club, not the manager. That‘s my take on loyalty.

Our manager gets paid a fortune to be accountable for the clubs results. The bucks stops with him. We all know that United is dysfunctional from top to bottom, the evidence is in front of our eyes, but that doesn’t take away that a underperforming manager must take most of the blame when results doesn’t match expectations. You simply just can’t spend 130m on defenders and then end up with such a unbalanced squad. That’s unacceptable.

Time can’t turn this around and loyalty doesn’t help when the manager don’t know what he’s doing. That’s the hard truth. Results don’t lie.

Ancient Of Days

The fact he was cheerful at the end of the game tells you all about his expectations and what he transmit to the team. He is plain average at best, all that speech about the time needed and seeing some players declarations like Rashford last week saying this is transitional and we wont get where we want in one year, its like we are ok with mediocrity.

As if we are giving a free pass to everyone just for the sake of it, the players seems comfortable and out of pression with the poor performances and poor results because the manager has make sure everyone notices that this is acceptable.
This is why the players love him so much and why you have the likes of Rashford and Young singing his praises as if he's done a great job here.

They all have a cushy number with him in charge because there is no pressure. As long as they turn up and try, they are heroes in the manager's eyes.

It's like being in school and preferring the laid back lenient substitute teacher who doesn't want to rock the boat and so is chummy with all the students and doesn't reprimand them if they get E''s and F's in their exams. He's just satisfied if he manages to get them to turn up and complete their exams, it's job done as far as the teacher is concerned

The students would do anything not to have a strict disciplinarian who demands high standards and grills them if they see their grades are falling

The students tell the headmaster how much they love the new substitute teacher and the headmaster is fooled into believing he's teaching these students something when in reality, he's just turning up and collecting a big pay cheque whilst doing the bare minimum.

The parents of these student's are screaming for the school to get a real competent teacher in who will actually improve the students method's of learning so they can work towards achieving better exam results in the future. They only placed them their since the school was formerly known for it's excellence and accepting nothing less than A+'s and B+'s from it's pupils with the intention of them going on to getting a place in either Oxford or Eton University.

But then socalled experts and friends of this sub teacher are telling these parents fear mongering stories, that if he was to leave then the whole class will lose their discipline and no other teacher would be able to get them to behave and sit still for 5 mins at their desks. And It will take at least 3-4 years before they can expect to see their child to get back into the C-D range in grades.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Problem is not the manager, problem is our board picking wrong managers. Moyes was an April fool's joke, LVG way past it, Jose was never going to succeed considering half of our fans already hated him the before we appointed him, Ole is completely out of his depth. We are yet to hire someone who is not a dinosaur or not absolutely clueless. Sticking with someone like Ole just because "we would be on to our fifth manager in six years" is a terrible reason. He should be gone tomorrow (5 months too late but better late than never).
Just out of curiosity, how much time would you give this new manager to turn us around? If we finish the season in the same fashion, do we sack him as well?
  • Hes giving playing the likes of Williams and Scott and looks to be freezing out deadwood like Matic and Mata
  • The trio of James, Rashford and Martial is starting to look really dangerous. Our second and third goal yesterday were excellent and vs a side that has conceded very little this year
  • Transfers have been good and more importantly very young. Our oldest outfield player after Jones was taken off was Maguire at 26
  • We got completely battered in first half and when you then go 0-2 down its easy to let heads drop, we did not though and that is a big positive. When was the last time we managed a comeback like that away from home?
17 points from 13 games is bad, but its not like top 6 or even top 4 is impossible. People are not advocating giving Ole time simply because he is who he is or "deserves" it. Its because we are in the middle of a rebuild so we are bound to be inconsistent, especially with so many young players in the team. The comparisons between Klopp and Pep are not to say Ole is as good as them, but its pointing out that neither of them were brilliant their first (2) season(s).

Literally any manager could come here and they would need time to set things straight. We have been varying degrees of shit for 6 years now, under 4 different managers. People who are clamoring for Poch seems to have forgotten he just got sacked after a full year of mediocre results. Even if he is as brilliant as people think he is, he needs a holiday to find his mojo again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We spend most of the game seeing our very expensive defence (we had 5 defenders btw) being hammered by Sheffield United as the team look clueless. Then somehow we turned it around but we still leaked a third goal, I repeat, against Sheffield United. Somehow this guy will be able to turn it around.

If the guy can't even organise a defence despite spending so much money in it and had added an extra man then seriously what the hell is he still doing here? Our tactics are non existent and all we can hope for is lady luck to luck our way.

Last edited:

Bobcat

We spend most of the game seeing our very expensive defence (we had 5 defenders btw) being hammered by Sheffield United as the team look clueless. Then somehow we turned it around but we still leaked a third goal, I repeat, against Sheffield United. Somehow this guy will be able to turn it around.

If the guy can't even organise a defence despite spending so much money in it and had added an extra man then seriously what the hell is he still doing here? Our tactics are non existent and all we can hope for is lady luck to luck our way.
The problem yesterday was not defense, it was midfield. First goal is on Jones (although he should have gotten a FK) and the second one is on Pereira. Third one is a collective error and considering how many players we had in the box, someone should have managed to get it away

Sheffield have been really good this year. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs only managed to score two vs them combined.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The problem yesterday was not defense, it was midfield. First goal is on Jones (although he should have gotten a FK) and the second one is on Pereira. Third one is a collective error and considering how many players we had in the box, someone should have managed to get it away

Sheffield have been really good this year. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs only managed to score two vs them combined.
A top quality defence don't leak 3 goals against Sheffield United. Sure CM is weak and its criminal that time and time again its being ignored. However the team look clueless and tactically naive again.

Son

I wouldn’t sack him yet because of some decent form we hit last few games before this one but the football was truly awful for 70 mins today. As bad as anything I’ve seen this season for large parts maybe the absolute worst. Understandable because of the midfield but our defence was criminal at times.

Apart from the great run we went on last season and the special night in Paris his tenure has all gone the way we expected it to.

The decision makers seem to have got the transfer policy on the right track now we need to understand what the coaching setup needs. If the club are as smart they will use him as leverage to get Haaland in Jan but I almost guarantee when we start next season we will have a new manager in place.

Kemizee

It's not just CL final. He is a PL proven manager who did pretty well with a limited budget, not the best manager in the world, but of course better than Ole from every aspect, and his qualities are what we desperately need, getting the best out of his players, developing youth and coaching proper football.

Why should Ole be the manager we stick and be patient with out of all our other managers? Why should he be the one? Why can't, for example, sack him and be patient with the next manager? Why Ole specifically?
This is one question the deluded Ole supporters won't answer. Why him? Is he the best manager we can get? If he is, fair enough, if he isn't... Why aren't Manchester United (the supposedly biggest club in the world) not after the best or 2nd best or 3rd best manager in the world or an elite tier, modern manager on an upward trajectory? Please don't start me on Mourinho and LVG.. Both were spent forces whose careers had declined. Why are we sticking with Ole? Why.. Why.. Why?

Kemizee

In all honestly this thread and all other ole threads should be locked till the end of the season. Have some loyalty atleast till the season ends, having this shite repeated every week helps no one.

And sacking mid season hardly ever works out.
Feck off with this nonsense. What loyalty? I have loyalty to Manchester United not Ole Solskjaer. The shite you talking about is the laughing stock he has made us become. Get him out ASAP! He is more clueless than Moyes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We have two world class options available and i bet that both are very interested to come here.
Time for our board to sit down and make a move. Today is the day. Come on Ed, be true CEO for once in your life.

Still 50-50 for sack. How? Do you people watch our games?

SGA

He should be sacked for that embarrassing post match interview let alone for results and performances. His interview was a disgrace for a United manager. Also this is the guy that let Chris Smalling go out on loan then decide to play 3 at the back and play Phil feckin Jones. Clueless and totally out of his depth. Should of gone weeks ago, has to go now.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If you give Ole a team filled with purely average players and give Poch a team also filled with the same average players. Give these coaches a while to train the team then have them play against each other. Which team do you think would play the better and more exciting football. If your answer is Poch then Ole needs to be sacked and we need to get Pochettino

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Feck off with this nonsense. What loyalty? I have loyalty to Manchester United not Ole Solskjaer. The shite you talking about is the laughing stock he has made us become. Get him out ASAP! He is more clueless than Moyes.
Moyes is Guardiola for Ole.

SAFMUTD

Why now? The sequence of results over the last two months has been: WDDLDWWWLWWD
conveniently theres europa league in that sequence against teams that lets be real even championship teams would beat easily.

The stats dont lie, we have 17 points in 13 games. Thats pretty bad IMO.

BlueHaze

Wether you want him sacked with immediate effect or wether you want him given more time it's undeniable he's doing an abysmal job. It's only November and we have already fallen behind the pack with 9 points away from 4th. Frank is having Chelsea playing decent and I think he'll have em finish top 4 this season as well as next season. Depending on which Jose Spurs get they might also have a top 4 position next season. Us however with Ole are a long way behind. I can't see him ever landing us a top 4 finish even if he sees out his entire remaining contract.

With a manager like Poch available for free this is an absolute no brainer for me even taking in the fact that Poch had a bad run for an extended period of time. Unless a catastrophe occurs, let Ole remain till the end of the season and then take in Poch. Otherwise we see the same shit next season under Ole regardless of who he signs in the summer. The man doesn't belong in top level football and no other top 6 side would ever hire him. When he inevitably does leave he will never get another top job in his career.

He was the perfect fit as an interim actually one decision the Glazer's and Woodward took that I was fully behind. It was an incredibly smart choice. But then like usual they royally fecked up by giving him the permanent role before the season had even ended even if most of us said they should at the time due to impulsive reactions to a fantastic run. I really wish there was an option to keep Ole and sack the Glazer's and Ed but sadly there isn't..

welshwingwizard

Did you watch it or did you just listen to the shite Neville was talking?

I don't know what a strike three is but James got two assists, Rashford got a goal and an assist and Martial helped set up the third. Greenwood came on and scored. The four of them did ok considering they weren't given a single bit of service from the rest of the team all game. Most times your front players getting you three goals should win you the game.

Several times Neville moaned about them standing still AS all three of them were making a run and being ignored. James eventually came 20 yards back up the pitch just to get on the ball more because he wasn't being given it.

Baffles me how anyone can watch our centrebacks clown around and our midfield be non existent (as in it literally was because we currently have one fit midfielder), and come to the conclusion our front three are part of the problem when they manage to do the business despite having very little chance to get themselves in the game.
I think you picked the wrong game to argue this on. For 70 minutes we were truly awful and whilst I agree the midfield need to take some of the blame, Martial was poor, Rashford was back to his headless chicken routine and James showed his passing isn't up to it.

Not that I disagree that they are exciting but yesterday they were poor by and large. I also think James is the back up to a United standard winger, not firat place. And Martial showed again that it is a risk to rely on him to be the key man despite recent good games. He was basically anonymous.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I swear I would be so Ole in if I at least saw a style of play. He has everything nailed down. Culture of the club, right signings, knows how to manage players, but his tactics are so inadequate. I fail to see any style of play from us. feck even Brighton has one.

I remember Brighton passing around Tottenham like they were Barcelona. You could see that some of their players were inadequate because they'd have misplaced passes or heavy touches but they kept on doing it. That's what I want to see. Yesterday our goals were as a result of individual brilliance not style of play. Our defense has no coordination. If Ole was a good tactical coach then the Ole out members would be much lesser. In fact he would have been the perfect coach. Someone who understands the club while also good tactically.

But people want him to stay because he gets the club and he has made the right signings. I mean we could get these two things through a proper DOF. The most important Job as a coach is what he is failing at. He has no style of play or tactical adequacy

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Got the team and tactics wrong yesterday. Made changes and got us back ahead and the Ballsed it up again.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is one question the deluded Ole supporters won't answer. Why him? Is he the best manager we can get? If he is, fair enough, if he isn't... Why aren't Manchester United (the supposedly biggest club in the world) not after the best or 2nd best or 3rd best manager in the world or an elite tier, modern manager on an upward trajectory? Please don't start me on Mourinho and LVG.. Both were spent forces whose careers had declined. Why are we sticking with Ole? Why.. Why.. Why?
Because 3 years from now we're gonna win the league and dominate it for another 20 years.

Sir ole gunnar

Believe

lysglimt

Scout
The fact that you refer to anyone not thinking the same as you do - as deluded…..tells me all I need to about you. So I wont bother to explain it - but simply ignore you

lysglimt

Scout
If you give Ole a team filled with purely average players and give Poch a team also filled with the same average players. Give these coaches a while to train the team then have them play against each other. Which team do you think would play the better and more exciting football. If your answer is Poch then Ole needs to be sacked and we need to get Pochettino
Yes - let's hire the guy who ran Spurs into the ground.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I swear I would be so Ole in if I at least saw a style of play. He has everything nailed down. Culture of the club, right signings, knows how to manage players, but his tactics are so inadequate. I fail to see any style of play from us. feck even Brighton has one.

I remember Brighton passing around Tottenham like they were Barcelona. You could see that some of their players were inadequate because they'd have misplaced passes or heavy touches but they kept on doing it. That's what I want to see. Yesterday our goals were as a result of individual brilliance not style of play. Our defense has no coordination. If Ole was a good tactical coach then the Ole out members would be much lesser. In fact he would have been the perfect coach. Someone who understands the club while also good tactically.

But people want him to stay because he gets the club and he has made the right signings. I mean we could get these two things through a proper DOF. The most important Job as a coach is what he is failing at. He has no style of play or tactical adequacy
He gets the club.... in what way?
He knows how to manage player? Anyone playing better under him?

Yes - let's hire the guy who ran Spurs into the ground.
"Ran Spurs into the ground."

• Spurs currently in 10th place, on same points as United.
• Spurs who are 2nd currently in their Champions League group and on track for qualification to next stages
• Spurs who played a CL final in May.

*RUN *INTO *THE *GROUND :lol:

My God I hope our next manager leaves us in such a shit position.

Oldham

I changed my vote to sack.
That substitution when we were winning and dominating the game was the final straw....

Roboc7

Just out of curiosity, how much time would you give this new manager to turn us around? If we finish the season in the same fashion, do we sack him as well?
  • Hes giving playing the likes of Williams and Scott and looks to be freezing out deadwood like Matic and Mata
  • The trio of James, Rashford and Martial is starting to look really dangerous. Our second and third goal yesterday were excellent and vs a side that has conceded very little this year
  • Transfers have been good and more importantly very young. Our oldest outfield player after Jones was taken off was Maguire at 26
  • We got completely battered in first half and when you then go 0-2 down its easy to let heads drop, we did not though and that is a big positive. When was the last time we managed a comeback like that away from home?
17 points from 13 games is bad, but its not like top 6 or even top 4 is impossible. People are not advocating giving Ole time simply because he is who he is or "deserves" it. Its because we are in the middle of a rebuild so we are bound to be inconsistent, especially with so many young players in the team. The comparisons between Klopp and Pep are not to say Ole is as good as them, but its pointing out that neither of them were brilliant their first (2) season(s).

Literally any manager could come here and they would need time to set things straight. We have been varying degrees of shit for 6 years now, under 4 different managers. People who are clamoring for Poch seems to have forgotten he just got sacked after a full year of mediocre results. Even if he is as brilliant as people think he is, he needs a holiday to find his mojo again.
Top 4 is impossible with Ole in charge and top six is unlikely. This will be our worst ever Premier League season and there’s no valid reason for it just excuses.

The Klopp and Pep comparisons are irrelevant not just because Ole is nowhere near as good but in their first full seasons, same as Ole is in now they finished in top 4. It’s time to move on to the next comparison/excuse now.

Robertd0803

Pochs available. Sound him out at least.

As regards Ole, its getting harder and harder to remain in the keep camp.

The league form is abysmal. The minute we run in to a half decent team in the Europa League we will be out on our ear. (Especially if its Wolves or somewhere where the away leg will be super hostile.) Yeah we have a shocking injury list/squad depth etc. but we are a shambles on the pitch regardless. Our attacking play during the 3 goal spell looked like 2006 Barcelona the other 80 odd minutes of the game we looked like utter crap.

Not to mention the Newcastle/West Ham defeats where we just didnt bother turning up and thats the worst aspect for me.

All this talk about time/planning is wonderful but the rate we are going no one will want to join us and we will be lucky to even make Europe next season. The likes of Sancho/Madisson are going to want to join that? I seriously doubt it.

Camilo

He's changed nothing. Our football is still terrible. Maybe he'll make some more good signings in the summer and improve things somewhat, but I'm not sure that's worth waiting for.. Good coaches make an impact immediately, they don't need a perfect squad to implement a style.

There's no point in dumping him without a quality replacement lined up, but if Poch is deemed superior by the men in charge I'm not certain why we'd wait.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
I changed my vote to sack.
That substitution when we were winning and dominating the game was the final straw....
You are joking, right? The final straw? Do you think the sub shifted momentum, or did sheffield utd go for it and move players up field? And if they did, the final straw for you was adjusting the five attackers we had on to another one in midfield? Seriously? :annoyed: :lol:

Anders Agnalt

Well, United was an average team last time they met. Tottenham was a top 4 team. Who came out on top?
Liverpool was a number one team last they met, United was on lower half who came out on top?
People sitting on their sofa ain't better managers, but they think they know better then everyone else!

Give Klopp, Pep, Poch and OGS the same average team and OGS would win that game 9/10 times. Building a team that agressive needs time, only problem is half the United supporters wants quick patches, not building for the years to come!

I really hope the board gives this project time! Not a manager in the workd would change United in one year. Its like taking Hull to PL gold in 2 seasons!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Quite disturbing, but you just know going by the vote that when Rashford smashed that third goal in yesterday 50+% of our fanbase instead of going Ape(and I can only apologise so much to my neighbours) were muttering oh ffs under their breath, fearful Ole would get a stay of execution.
I'm firmly Ole out but I was mad for us to get the win yesterday as soon as Williams scored his goal, because it was obviously Sheffield could be gotten at. Celebrated like crazy with Rashford's goal, too. I did see quite a few posts in here of that ilk which I find truly baffling. I'll always be of the opinion that enjoyment watching my team and winning games is the most important thing and that was a very enjoyable 15 minute spell. Anyone who was watching us in that period and disappointed that we were making a comeback is a knob.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's changed nothing. Our football is still terrible. Maybe he'll make some more good signings in the summer and improve things somewhat, but I'm not sure that's worth waiting for.. Good coaches make an impact immediately, they don't need a perfect squad to implement a style.

There's no point in dumping him without a quality replacement lined up, but if Poch is deemed superior by the men in charge I'm not certain why we'd wait.
Maybe he can't take a Prem job mid-season much like Jose when he was sacked by Jose?

Might be a thing.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think the writing is on the wall to be honest. He'll be sacked after the City game if we don't win the next three before it.

Bobcat

A top quality defence don't leak 3 goals against Sheffield United. Sure CM is weak and its criminal that time and time again its being ignored. However the team look clueless and tactically naive again.
That third goal was bad defending by multiple players, but their first and second was feck ups from midfield.

Ole got it wrong starting with a back 3, but considering we had to play Jones, Pereira and Fred in midfield, getting some extra bodies in there to counter their high press seemed like a decent enough idea before kick off imo. Having Pogba out for so long is bad enough, but when Scott is injured to we simply dont have a midfield. Fred has been alright the last couple of games, but he has to show a lot more, Pereira is just overall poor and not suited as a CM and Jones is Jones

First half was probably a seasonal worst, but that was not only down to tactics, we were simply not up for it and players not able to string more than two passes together is not only down to tactics. We simply could not handle their high press and could not hold onto the ball for more than 30 seconds, which in turn invited massive pressure on our back line

Still, the fact that we managed to get back from 0-2 down away from home gives me hope. Compared to the abject shite we saw vs Everton away last season or even West Ham and Newcastle this season thats a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.