Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fergiesarmy1

I'm "Ole in", but I have to say, if we don't win against Villa and lose to both City and Spurs, the pressure would be enormous and deservedly so. Even a win against Villa and then 2 losses would be pretty bad.

A win against Tottenham would be a big lift though and a good way to rub it in Mourinho's face, but he would be extremely motivated to feck us over, I'm sure of that. He will use every bit of dirty methods and mind games possible to beat us.
We seem ok in the big games, wouldn’t be surprised with 4 points from spurs and city. Villa at home though....who knows :lol:

reddevilchennai

It is not the results that hurt us.

We do not play a structured football. Ole does not have any plans when we are losing and his face in the dugout clearly shows it. Ole and Moyes are same breed of managers who do not have what it requires to manage a top club like united.

Better to give it to Poch so that he can have at least half a season with this squad and go for proper rebuild next summer.

DoomSlayer

We seem ok in the big games, wouldn’t be surprised with 4 points from spurs and city. Villa at home though....who knows :lol:
Mourinho knows our squad inside out, that's the issue. City have our number most of the time, so I don't see how we can even get a draw, they are desperate to go on a winning run right now.

dove

Just out of curiosity, how much time would you give this new manager to turn us around? If we finish the season in the same fashion, do we sack him as well?
  • Hes giving playing the likes of Williams and Scott and looks to be freezing out deadwood like Matic and Mata
  • The trio of James, Rashford and Martial is starting to look really dangerous. Our second and third goal yesterday were excellent and vs a side that has conceded very little this year
  • Transfers have been good and more importantly very young. Our oldest outfield player after Jones was taken off was Maguire at 26
  • We got completely battered in first half and when you then go 0-2 down its easy to let heads drop, we did not though and that is a big positive. When was the last time we managed a comeback like that away from home?
17 points from 13 games is bad, but its not like top 6 or even top 4 is impossible. People are not advocating giving Ole time simply because he is who he is or "deserves" it. Its because we are in the middle of a rebuild so we are bound to be inconsistent, especially with so many young players in the team. The comparisons between Klopp and Pep are not to say Ole is as good as them, but its pointing out that neither of them were brilliant their first (2) season(s).

Literally any manager could come here and they would need time to set things straight. We have been varying degrees of shit for 6 years now, under 4 different managers. People who are clamoring for Poch seems to have forgotten he just got sacked after a full year of mediocre results. Even if he is as brilliant as people think he is, he needs a holiday to find his mojo again.
As long as I see a gradual improvement I am fine. Can anyone here honestly say we look better now than when Ole took over? I absolutely can't. Apart from decent 10 minute spells here and there we look horrendous in every single game. I don't even look into results much unlike most people here whose opinion is swayed way too easily by it. I just want to see us progressing, with Ole in charge we simply are not.

I also don't get the points of "transfers have been good" and "he is giving youth a chance". Transfers have been mixed bag for me. Maguire has been average so far and I predict him to join the deadwood list pretty soon. James has been OK but he had a lot of very poor performances as well, jury is still out for him. The only one you can say is a good signing for now is AWB. But it was no brainer, he was one of the top rated fullbacks in the league. Ole's playing youth is forced due to injuries. When everyone was fit, youth were nowhere near the matchday squad. The match that I fully realised Ole has no balls is the last game of the season against Cardiff where he started only Greenwood. FFS even Jose gave chance to more youngsters.

How long are we gonna let this continue I don't know but the longer we do, the more we show the world how incompetent we are. As I mentioned before, our deluded fanbase is as much to blame as our board though. We can barely win a game for half a year now but half of the fans are still Ole in. Mental. I am convinced most of these people are either oppos or they don't watch our games. There is no other logical explanation.

Judas

Open to offers
Theres a bigger picture at play here. The squad needed to be rebuilt - it was full of mercenaries, players of insufficient quality, bloated in certain positions and criminally ignored in others. It wasn't a quick fix. People losing their rag game to game are IMO not seeing the picture, and lack patience. We have a young team here. They are going to have good games and bad, but they will get better, and for the first time since Ferguson the club seem to have learnt their lessons and chosen a project for the future. We need this team to peak in 2 seasons time when we will be able to challenge the likes of City & Liverpool without spending £400m in one window - which we are clearly not in a position to do.

This is a long term project to rebuild the squad. I'm willing to let Ole have a chance to plug the gaps in the squad and actually have a chance of success here.
All of this makes sense, I agree with plenty of the idea, but I simply don't believe Ole has the tools or knowledge to be the man we back in this rebuild, for me its that simple. We're backing the wrong horse, and I'm yet to see much game to game that changes that opinion.

It just seems all a bit amateur of a club with our resources to be going with someone of his level, all because he used to play with us, and it is all about that, without that on his CV, he'd be nowhere near the job.

All of this makes sense, I agree with plenty of the idea, but I simply don't believe Ole has the tools or knowledge to be the man we back in this rebuild, for me its that simple. We're backing the wrong horse, and I'm yet to see much game to game that changes that opinion.

It just seems all a bit amateur of a club with our resources to be going with someone of his level, all because he used to play with us, and it is all about that, without that on his CV, he'd be nowhere near the job.
Our club and those backing Ole are basically saying "you don't need a Sir Alex, Pep, Klopp. All you need is the right ideals and the right players, coaching is overrated."

fergiesarmy1

Mourinho knows our squad inside out, that's the issue. City have our number most of the time, so I don't see how we can even get a draw, they are desperate to go on a winning run right now.
Aguero is out, defence is as dodgy as ours, desperation is something we’ve proved doesn’t mean results :lol:

ash_86

But surely you can rebuild whilst showing signs of good coaching?

Or can a manager only be judged after 3 years when a rebuild is complete? Did Klopp not win a Europa League whilst rebuilding and did his side not look miles better at football and coached within a few months?
We are showing good signs with our front 3 no? All 3 of them seems to either assist or score off late. Rashford has 10 in all competitions and its only November. James looks class everytime he gets on the field and Martial has been very important to unleash Rashford. Scott is becoming an important box to box player for us and also contributes to goals while Fred is redeeming himself game by game. Do you think these are all happening without any coaching?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We're going to be on the end of a massacre vs Jose's Spurs. Not looking forward to that game one bit.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
And ole took over a shitshow while moyes took over the reigning champions....
Yes. Excuses after excuses. I can understand why, everyone wants Ole to succeed here (me included). But really though We aren't better than any of the previous seasons. We're worse result wise but We're better young-player wise (if that's even a thing).

I want Ole to succeed but I can't defend him. If I do, it's called hypocrisy :
  1. We hated Jose for never taking responsibility and blamed other stuffs as excuses but here We try to make up excuses for Ole and try to blame the other stuffs - "The players are shite! We're hard to beat by big teams though! We only have to figure out the way to beat small teams!" pretty sure I heard those a lot last season
  2. We hated Jose for playing like a small team but here We praise Ole for playing a counter attacking football which, of course is based around defending first and foremost and not by controlling the match (only applies when We win, of course)
  3. We hated Van Gaal for forcing his philosophy but Ole is so hell bent into playing in a certain way, which is why the team is being set up almost the same every time, doesn't matter the shape of the team. In game management is only a myth
  4. I remember last season all We wanted was a good attacking football, a clear direction and a play style. We have none of those at the moment. We only have better, younger players to work with but still no proper play style
  5. We hated Moyes for having such a shite win percentage, Ole has lower at the moment
Those facts alone make it really hard to keep him. If there's a better manager available, I'll vote sack every time. But as of now anyone We bring in won't make a lot of difference. Maybe next season.

SteveW

We are showing good signs with our front 3 no? All 3 of them seems to either assist or score off late. Rashford has 10 in all competitions and its only November. James looks class everytime he gets on the field and Martial has been very important to unleash Rashford. Scott is becoming an important box to box player for us and also contributes to goals while Fred is redeeming himself game by game. Do you think these are all happening without any coaching?
They see what they want to see.

DRM

Absolute moronic decision by our board to give him the permanent job after the PSG game. I mean ffs why on earth did we not take our time to carefully plan this through? Why did we not get a DOF and sort out the structure from the top. Ole is clearly out of his depth and will go sooner or later but before that, I want that incompetent 'CEO' of ours woodward to leave.

red4ever 79

After 13 games we are 9th, midtable. We have won 4 games in the league and lost 4. We are inconsistent, unable to put a run of results together. I dont see that changing this season with Ole in charge.

DoomSlayer

We're going to be on the end of a massacre vs Jose's Spurs. Not looking forward to that game one bit.
I fear that as well. His disdain towards us would create an environment of a very aggressive game and out team has shown that we can't handle that at all. We will definitely see a few of our players getting flattened, the likes of James and Williams would be the biggest targets.

fergiesarmy1

Yes. Excuses after excuses. I can understand why, everyone wants Ole to succeed here (me included). But really though We aren't better than any of the previous seasons. We're worse result wise but We're better young-player wise (if that's even a thing).

I want Ole to succeed but I can't defend him. If I do, it's called hypocrisy :
  1. We hated Jose for never taking responsibility and blamed other stuffs as excuses but here We try to make up excuses for Ole and try to blame the other stuffs - "The players are shite! We're hard to beat by big teams though! We only have to figure out the way to beat small teams!" pretty sure I heard those a lot last season
  2. We hated Jose for playing like a small team but here We praise Ole for playing a counter attacking football which, of course is based around defending first and foremost and not by controlling the match (only applies when We win, of course)
  3. We hated Van Gaal for forcing his philosophy but Ole is so hell bent into playing in a certain way, which is why the team is being set up almost the same every time, doesn't matter the shape of the team
  4. I remember last season all We wanted was a good attacking football, a clear direction and a play style. We have none of those at the moment. We only have better, younger players to work with but still no proper play style
  5. We hated Moyes for having such a shite win percentage, Ole has lower at the moment
Those facts alone make it really hard to keep him. If there's a better manager available, I'll vote sack every time. But as of now anyone We bring in won't make a lot of difference. Maybe next season.
Taking over the champions and doing what moyes did is not an excuse, that was sackable. Ole has lost 4 of 19 games this season while recovering from a disastrous season. If you can’t see the difference there then as the kids say. Whatever

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Hypothetically speaking, say it's gonna take 3 years for us to challenge for the league. Would you want Ole to oversee those three years or bring in a hot prospect like Nagelsmann, Rose or Ten Hag who have shown their potential to reach the top to oversee it?

The answer is quite simply either the two Germans or the Dutchman if you think with a clear mind. Sentiments have to be put to one side for the sake of the club and just giving one time without any evidence to the contrary is showing blind faith when there's quite clearly superior coaches operating around the continent.

Alabaster Codify7

Been posted yet?

Not surprising at all, Moyes was demonstrably a better manager than Ole. Moyes, most of the time, would beat the lesser sides who parked the bus but would get leathered by the big guns. Ole is the opposite, he's even more of an underdog manager than Moyes and Jose put together. And just as negative as Jose.

troylocker

The first 65 minutes yesterday was maybe the worst we have been with the exception of the Everton-game last season under Ole. It was like watching men vs a U18 team, but still we managed to scrape a point out of it. The players got the good old hairdryer speach from Ole at half time, and it was nice to see that the players upped their game in the second half. This game set a side, I think there is definitely a positive trend in the team these days and with our injury-situation and lack of good options due to a thin squad there is better days coming. I honestly think we are a couple of good signings in January away from being back to being a top 4 squad, and we will gain momentum in the results. We need more signings to be challenging again though.

It is way to early to write off Ole and see where this rebuild will end. I am positive to the project and I know that there will be more bumps in the road on the way there. We do see progress in several players and I want to see what this squad can do with all key players back from injuries. McTom, James, Rashford, Greenwood, Williams and even Martial and Fred has shown clair improvement in their game since Ole took over. To expect this squad to dominate away from OT with the midfield spine out injured is just unrealistic.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I said next 10, if we had won yesterday which should have happened once they got to 3-2 up in injury time it would be 6-0-1, that looks decent in anyone’s view while our “superstar” is playing basketball in Miami
We didn't win though. We drew. You are inventing fantasy scenarios.

They were also the better team so it's not like we deserved the win, either.

fergiesarmy1

Premier League: Won 4 Drawn 5 Lost 4 (GD +4)

It's shite, stop dressing it up @fergiesarmy1 because we beat some shite in the shite cups.
We didn't win though. We drew. You are inventing fantasy scenarios.

They were also the better team so it's not like we deserved the win, either.
When we are in injury time 3-2 up against a team that looked dead on its feet we should have but regardless 5-1-1 ain’t sackable

Massive Spanner

When we are in injury time 3-2 up against a team that looked dead on its feet we should have but regardless 5-1-1 ain’t sackable
Nope, still inventing a dreamland situation. We drew, it wasn't a fluke or unlucky result either because they were better than us.

4 wins in 13 PL games is sackable.
1 win in 11 away games is sackable.
1.19 goals per game is sackable.

See, it's easy to pick certain scenarios to bend your narrative to your will.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'll keep my vote at keep, but i think the club should contact Poch, and change manager in the summer, and let him start planning transfers now.

I do still believe Solskjær has the right vision for the club, so hope he can get another job within the club, some scout, advisor or something, no clue what the different job titles are called, but don't think he's DOF material.

fergiesarmy1

Nope, still inventing a dreamland situation. We drew, it wasn't a fluke or unlucky result either because they were better than us.

4 wins in 13 PL games is sackable.
1 win in 11 away games is sackable.
1.19 goals per game is sackable.

See, it's easy to pick certain scenarios to bend your narrative to your will.
Well normally you would go off current form not last season if your coming to a stick or twist decision when he picked up midway through a shitshow but fill ya boots with your negativity pal.

El Jefe

The only positive the Ole In crowd keep mentioning is that he good rid of the deadwood and his additions have been stellar.

While this is true, going on about it like its some remarkable feat is just baffling. Its obvious to anyone watching us that we needed to get rid of long standing underperformers so what Ole did was extremely obvious. As for his signings, again 2 out of the 3 were extremely obvious signings. James was an astute purchase so he gets a lot of credit for that.

These changes are what any other manager would have made with the addition of better coaching and tactics.

Massive Spanner

Well normally you would go off current form not last season if your coming to a stick or twist decision when he picked up midway through a shitshow but fill ya boots with your negativity pal.
:confused: 2 of those 3 stats are only about this season.

What do you mean fill my boots with negativity? I'm only pointing out how negative our results and performances have actually been. You're the one showing blind positivity in someone who has been massively underperforming and underachieving. All I'm doing is being realistic. Sorry for being pragmatic instead of living in dreamland, inventing false narratives and scenarios to try make it look like we're not as bad as we actually are.

fergiesarmy1

:confused: 2 of those 3 stats are only about this season.

What do you mean fill my boots with negativity? I'm only pointing out how negative our results and performances have actually been. You're the one showing blind positivity in someone who has been massively underperforming and underachieving. All I'm doing is being realistic. Sorry for being pragmatic instead of living in dreamland, inventing false narratives and scenarios to try make it look like we're not as bad as we actually are.
Well it’s can’t be 1.19 goals per game as we scored 9 in the last 3 and 15 in the last 7.

Marcelinho87

Quite irritated with this place lately and I see nothing done about it.

You are entitled to think Ole should be sacked and you are entitled to believe he should stay, there are arguments for both and I won't disagree with anybody who has a decent argument for their case.

What I am sick of seeing is the abuse and downright disgusting comments aimed at Ole.

Fraud, Dipshit, Idiot, Clueless feck, arsehole... It is tiring and it doesn't add to the conversation whatsoever.

Quality control here is lacking and the people who spout this drivel need sorting.

lysglimt

Scout
"Ran Spurs into the ground."

• Spurs currently in 10th place, on same points as United.
• Spurs who are 2nd currently in their Champions League group and on track for qualification to next stages
• Spurs who played a CL final in May.

*RUN *INTO *THE *GROUND :lol:

My God I hope our next manager leaves us in such a shit position.
18 defeats in 36 matches. I rest my case. Imagine if OGS managed to perform so poorly With Spurs' players

crossy1686

career ending
I want United to be successful and I want Solskjaer to be successful but I get the feeling a hammering off Jose' Spurs side will make his position untenable.

The longer Pochettino is available the more scrutiny he's going to come under also. I get the impression Woodward doesn't want another Klopp moment where Pochettino goes on to win something somewhere else and talks about how he almost signed for United.

lysglimt

Scout
Don't complain when our talented players want out, look disinterested, and we're having to shop in the bargain bin the transfer windows.
You mean like they did With Moyes, LvG and Mourinho - whereas With OGS quite a lot of our players are actually signing new contracts.

Nikelesh Reddy

I actually believe that too, but no longer than that. He shouldn't be given more time than this season if we're still playing and getting the same results we are getting right now.
I agree.If we fail to qualify for next seasons CL and if there is no clear sign of improvement in the players individually,and us as a team then he needs to be sacked.

Alabaster Codify7

Yeah thank feck we tied Jones, Mata, and Lingard down to new contracts.

Havent you heard mate? He got rid of the deadwood. Two central midfielders when we don't have a midfield and our top scoring striker. Plus a CB who is leaps and bounds better than 3 of the ones we have at the club right now.

Excellent work, Ole.

The bloke is a complete myth.

Attacking football? Myth.
Trimming the deadwood? Myth.
Premier League standard manager? Myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.