Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What’s the payout on his contract? Lawyers on both sides must be examining the small print right now.

SAFMUTD

We have conceded 17 goals this season. We conceded 23 goals by this time last season.

We have 2 clean sheets this season. We had 2 clean sheets last season by this time.

We have conceded every game in Premier League starting with Leicester on the 14th September.

Spending £130m on defence has saved us a total of 6 goals. Fantastic return.
But hey, lets give Ole more time and money his signings have turned out great, and when he fails as coach lets appoint him as DOF just because.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
The Ole in lot seem to think that we are where this squad deserves to be. So with that very assertion they are accepting that Ole can’t get a squad to over perform.

But to play devils advocate. Let’s accept that’s right. Let’s accept that this squad is a 9th, or however low Ole finishes, squad. If that’s the case then why was Mourinho sacked for finishing 2nd with a 9th, or however low Ole takes it, squad? Surely the guy deserved a medal not the sack.

Also after one year of coaching and two windows of his rebuilding. We can assume that this 9th, or however low Ole can take it, squad and players are better then when Mourinho was manager. That is if you genuinely believe that Ole is a good manager who is doing a good job.

the chameleon

Beggas belief he has 47.8% in favor of him staying. He's the worst manager we've appointed post Fergie years. And during that time period, we appointed David Moyes too. Like holy shit, he is bad.
He might be the worst manager we’ve appointed post busby years too.

starman

Didn't want Ole, but a new manager is not going to magic Fred and Pereira into top 4 CM midfielders.
Until we get McT & Pogba back or add in January, I don't see anything improving regardless of the manager

ash_86

Getting very, very close to changing my vote now.

Its fecking infuriating to watch us not even do the basics, like getting out arses inside the box when James (for example) takes the ball down to the line to put a cross in. Everyone knows where that fecking ball is coming, so why are there no players near it?
Yup , absolutely. These players get to play week in week out without competition and hence take things for granted. It's one thing to make an effort and not get to the ball but being out of the picture completely is criminal.

Canagel

Next two games vs Tottenham and City timing couldn't have been more perfect. If they don't send him packing and put an end to this rubbish nothing will.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Didn't want Ole, but a new manager is not going to magic Fred and Pereira into top 4 CM midfielders.
Until we get McT & Pogba back or add in January, I don't see anything improving regardless of the manager
Then I don't think you understand what the point of a manager is.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
But the Mourinho sack percentage was a lot higher.

There are still a lot of fans who are deluded enough to think Solskjaer is the answer simply because he's a legend of the club.
I think because Mourinho was at the club for longer. Also his lack of fan/player appeasement made it easier to want him sacked. Ole knows how to talk for the audience

Alabaster Codify7

The general consensus on here at the end of last season was he would be gone by Xmas - it’s now becoming a self fulfilling prophecy........

I was one of them and stand by it.

We are going to lose our next two high-profile fixtures - the entire football world will be watching. Jose's return to Old Trafford. The bitter Manchester derby. We are going to handily lose both games and be around 13th in the table and that will be it for Woodward. The conversations are already taking place and have been for some time, that's how businesses work - they hold risk management meetings and Ole Gunnar Sockpuppet is, and has been, a major risk to their business for a little while now.

The risk is going to be managed accordingly before Christmas, but we may be too late to secure a good replacement.

He should be fired first thing tomorrow morning if he isn't willing to walk of his own accord and save some face.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I accept he’s not doing a great job but I’m still unsure on his sacking, who do we bring in?
people seem to adore Poch, he’s had Harry Kane belting them in at spurs, can’t see martial doing that for us under him. I genuinely think Poch would also struggle here.
No midfield, no strikers. Just loads of fast wingers. It’ll still be a struggle and then come summer we’ll be calling for pochs head Too.

I’m at a loss at what I think is best to do, I think our board would feel the same

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He might be the worst manager we’ve appointed post busby years too.
While not all of it, Management is also about personality because that’s what people respond to. Ole is less interesting to listen to then Moyes. That says a lot.

MrSingh2002

This was the man who chose to let Herrera and Fellaini go.

He doesn't deserve sympathy for having to play a midfield of Pereira and Fred.

Didn't sign a midfielder or a left back either when it was clear he needed to do so. I'd rather have a manager who can do better with what we've got which is still a squad that should be competing for top 4. Not mid table.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Didn't sign a midfielder or a left back either when it was clear he needed to do so. I'd rather have a manager who can do better with what we've got which is still a squad that should be competing for top 4. Not mid table.
He wanted Herrera to stay. We all wanted Fellini to go

Bojan11

I accept he’s not doing a great job but I’m still unsure on his sacking, who do we bring in?
people seem to adore Poch, he’s had Harry Kane belting them in at spurs, can’t see martial doing that for us under him. I genuinely think Poch would also struggle here.
No midfield, no strikers. Just loads of fast wingers. It’ll still be a struggle and then come summer we’ll be calling for pochs head Too.

I’m at a loss at what I think is best to do, I think our board would feel the same
The same Kane that Potch developed into the world class striker that he is because he certainly wasn’t belting them in before Potch arrived.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’ve actually switched back to keep as I don’t want to be at month 0 with either Poch or Allegri who I am certain would not succeed. Would rather treat Ole as a paper manager until the right man is available. I’d probably like Nagelsmann. He intrigues me
most.

More importantly I want to switch to a structure where our first team manager and coach is replaceable with a Director of Football and their team responsible for longer term transfer planning.

Jacob

We've already lost face so many times, might as well try Poch and see how he goes. It won't be a costly mistake firing Ole, that's for sure.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Ole is getting a free pass because of the inept board, an agenda driven CEO, his history as a player, lack of standards at the club and of course Man United fans being the best in the world at tempering their own expectations to support the manager. A lot of supporters buy into the rebuild myth and it takes time myth, whereas none can quote an example wherein an elite club in modern day football tolerated mediocre managers for so long as we have. And furthermore no one can answer why we should persist with Ole given that he has not been able to set up a style of play in 11 months.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The same Kane that Potch developed into the world class striker that he is because he certainly wasn’t belting them in before Potch arrived.
Are you implying he can do the same to martial?

UpWithRivers

Im getting genuinely worried that we will get spanked good and proper one of these days. Like 6 or 7 against. If we play the same midfield against City and Spurs it will be like a knife through butter.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’ve actually switched back to keep as I don’t want to be at month 0 with either Poch or Allegri who I am certain would not succeed. Would rather treat Ole as a paper manager until the right man is available. I’d probably like Nagelsmann. He intrigues me
most.

More importantly I want to switch to a structure where our first team manager and coach is replaceable with a Director of Football and their team responsible for longer term transfer planning.
I can agree with this. I’m dreading us trying to get Pochettino

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I want him gone but possibly after the January transfer window if he is really able to get players that he himself can attract like Haaland. If he can't do that then he can go.

Rafaeldagold

If this is the line of thinking then why did we get rid of Jose (an infinitely better manager ) without a replacement lined up? Sometimes enough is enough & you scour the potential alternatives after we have a vacancy

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
No, I am just telling you Kane wasn’t belting them in before he arrived.
But I’m telling you that Pochettino he had Kane belting them in at spurs, whether we agree he developed him or not. He won’t have that here.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just changed to sack, the results just aren’t coming.
I feel really sorry for him because the squad is rubbish, but football is a results business.
I think I changed to sack the night before José lost his job, maybe Itl happen again? :lol:
God knows where we go next, Poch doesn’t really excite me.

passing-wind

How many were available Ndombele, Rabiot, Tielemans, Gueye, Barella, Ceballo ? Yet Ole / Woodward spent their time chasing after Sean Longstaff. Ole even confirmed disregarding any back up targets so our lack of midfield reinforcement is also largely down to his influence.

C3Pique

Not to mention Smalling, Lukaku, Sanchez...

I said at the time that gutting the squad and replacing them with kids was asking for trouble. The only surprise for me is that we aren't closer to the relegation zone.

Bratt

Sack him, agree a contract with Poch starting in the summer, get a decent caretaker in. Job done.
I’d like to start by saying I really don’t want Poch here, but if that is what’s going to happen, do you know he can’t start now?
I’ve seen a lot of people talking about him losing his payment if he were to take another job in England this season, but do we know that clause exists for sure?

Greck

Well good thing we didn't play a top 4 team today

Bojan11

But I’m telling you that Pochettino he had Kane belting them in at spurs, whether we agree he developed him or not. He won’t have that here.
So he’s only a good manager because of Kane?

Ok mate.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If this is the line of thinking then why did we get rid of Jose (an infinitely better manager ) without a replacement lined up? Sometimes enough is enough & you scour the potential alternatives after we have a vacancy
So if we sack him without a replacement and then scour for alternatives who takes over in the meantime? Serious question.

I was relieved when mourhino went but I wasn’t desperate for him to leave. He’s a class manager but not a very classy speaker, he did annoy me with what he said at times and he sulked himself out of the job to be honest didn’t he

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So he’s only a good manager because of Kane?

Ok mate.
Ok mate. He’s not a winner. I see that it goes against the forum thinking to think the sun doesn’t actually rise out of pochs arse

Sing you a song

Well you need to be a top top manager to manage Manchester United especially in the state we are in. However let's tackle point by point shall we?

A- apart from AWB who is a 50m rated 'discovery' from an obscure league known as EPL, his signings were suggested by someone else. That's hardly an achievement

so let’s give him no credit for signing 3 players who look like they are going to succeed at the club after a raft of poor buys from Moyes ,LVG and Jose

B- His deadwood include Smalling who is swiftly becoming one of the best CBs in the Serie A and Lukaku who can't stop scoring goals there. Sanchez is on loan and will come back. Meanwhile players like Shaw, Jones and Lingard are still here. Some were even given long term contracts during the time.
Did anyone think that Smalling was good enough to be United’s main CB ? I’m sure he would have preferred it if someone had wanted Jones .
Did anyone think Lukaku was good enough to be United’s main forward ? Sanchez went on loan because no one was idiotic enough to buy him was it a bad decision to let him him go ?

C- apart from Williams and maybe Greenwood very few kids have given enough time to impress. I doubt most have the talent to make it either

I think Ole has given more chances to kids than any other top manager we should be proud of this

Managers should be judged on tactics, on their ability to keep the squad not injured and motivated + their ability to punch above their weight. I see nothing from the failed Cardiff manager who remotely suggest that he's more then Molde's level let alone Man United

is it his fault that Pogba has missed all these games and that Martial missed so many ?
Cardiff was broken long before Ole took over .

give the guy a break he’s trying to get a tube out of the worst United squad for decades

Status
Not open for further replies.