Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Typical that we have a great win but I couldn't watch a second of it.

As for this thread, he's here and bumping this thread again, yet goes on about obssession and agenda. Sad human being.

Btw, I'm not changing my vote and people who think we have the issues discussed previously shouldn't unless we have a consistent season. Not 2-3 months, but a season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Great result for us and the way Ole set us up was spot on looking back at it now. Playing the 4 midfielders was IMO a ploy to nullify their vertical threat which was accomplished quite easily. I'm not saying I agreed with the setup due to the reactive nature of it before anyone calls me out. But I have to credit Ole on setting us up in a way that got us a resounding victory which also showed me a naivety to Nagelsmann which will be a learning curve for him.

This is a night to celebrate and not get into arguments and there was many positives that should be shared in this thread tonight.

@sammsky1 Congrats brother that was a great game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This is a night to celebrate and not get into arguments and there was many positives that should be shared in this thread tonight.
I'd like to echo that sentiment.

This thread has decended into a oneupsmanship battle with no end in sight, and both sides are equally at fault.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great result for us and the way Ole set us up was spot on looking back at it now. Playing the 4 midfielders was IMO a ploy to nullify their vertical threat which was accomplished quite easily. I'm not saying I agreed with the setup due to the reactive nature of it before anyone calls me out. But I have to credit Ole on setting us up in a way that got us a resounding victory which also showed me a naivety to Nagelsmann which will be a learning curve for him.

@sammsky1 Congrats brother that was a great game.
Its truly a beautiful experience when the team performs how I knew it could.

One of the most stupid rants from OleOUTers is that supporters of Ole only do so because we are emotionally attached to a club legend. Its utter tripe.

I have faith in Ole and know he will eventually be spectacularly successful because I remember when he was signed, and lived his United career with him. His doubters refused to recognise this 12 years of experience, but that vast knowledge is critical to his wisdom, which will always out manoeuvre kids like Nagelsmann, however talented he may be.

Ole was uniquely schooled by Sir Alex Ferguson. That means his ideas will only work at United. Give him another 12 months, and performances like this one and PSG will be our brand and butter.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not at all. This was a very good result. If we beat Arsenal it will be a massive result. Now against Arsenal he should start with Cavani and surprise Arteta. Arsenal is going to give us space at the back for sure. Cavani will make sure Luiz and the Arsenal defence is under pressure.
He’s not full 90 minutes match fit so better play Greenwood who just scored and bring Cavani as sub to change game if needed.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I wish this thread away. Even when we've lost, this thread is pointless. If one can't see the progress been made since Ole took over by last season, it's not gonna happen no matter how well he does. It's just a matter of pride/doubling down/trolling by now

Withnail

:lol:
Yeah i had to do a double take cos I’m sure you’re like one of the main Ole supporters. Though looking at those figures you do spend waaaaay too much time in this thread.
I noticed that myself and backed off a bit lately.

I was fairly confident we'd come good once we had a bit of fitness but there's only so many times you can say it. It's also all got a bit schoolyard.

El Zoido

Do people truly remember how shit we were under LVG and Jose? When Lukaku, Fellaini, and Lingard were the bedrock of the team. Seriously, do you remember?

The lengths Ole is having to go to prove himself are beyond insane. This team is good, it’s really good. He has improved everyone, from top to bottom, from De Gea to Martial. Is there a single player left who isn’t better than they were? His signings have been tremendous too. The attempts to discredit what he’s done are increasingly desperate and barely even warrant a response anymore.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Great historical result for us and Ole. I am overjoyed by the result, would have actually happily taken a draw today.
First Tuchel, now Nagelsmann. Ole doing very well against so called tactical and coaching genius managers from Germany.

He'sRaldo

Great historical result for us and Ole. I am overjoyed by the result, would have actually happily taken a draw today.
First Tuchel, now Nagelsmann. Ole doing very well against so called tactical and coaching genius managers from Germany.
They're not 'so-called', they're actually top coaches.

Which makes it even more impressive that Ole was able to better them both.

DarkXaero

As a skeptic, I give him credit for tonight, I'm glad that he has changed up the team by playing Fred more, and using a diamond formation tonight. That is something that I suggested we should look into before, so I'm happy that he changed up things and we had a very good result. I think going forward that is the way to get the best out of Pogba & Bruno, while simultaneously offering protection for our defense. VDB can also play next to Fred & Pogba against low block teams (in place of McTominay).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Isn't it funny that a lot of thee Rashford haters are also Ole outers?

Way too reactionary our fanbase. Everyone can have their fav players and ones they don't like but calling Ole a PE teacher and Rashford a Championship player like we have seen on here is hysterical.

I have my issues with Wan Bissaka for example but I have always maintained that's purely because of his ability on the ball rather than off it. Always said he was a class tackler and he's definitely getting back on his A game right now for sure.

If we draw at the weekend we can't over react. We are still a young team and we aren't going to win every game but Ole is definitely improving us and building something good.

Client6

Its truly a beautiful experience when the team performs how I knew it could.

One of the most stupid rants from OleOUTers is that supporters of Ole only do so because we are emotionally attached to a club legend. Its utter tripe.

I have faith in Ole and know he will eventually be spectacularly successful because I remember when he was signed, and lived his United career with him. His doubters refused to recognise this 12 years of experience, but that vast knowledge is critical to his wisdom, which will always out manoeuvre kids like Naglessman, however talented he may be.

Ole was uniquely schooled by Sir Alex Ferguson. That means his ideas will only work at top self clubs.Give him another 12 months, and performances like this one and PSG will be our brand and butter.
To talk about the bolded bit above - even if it was true, what is exactly SO wrong with that when there is absolutely no reasonable justification for not continuing with him as of right now? Sure it can all go belly up. But it can also go very, very right and it will be glorious.

Doing the Treble is nothing unique anymore, quite a few teams have done it since 1999. Why is United's Treble special? Because United's Academy grads, many from Manchester itself, played a very big hand in it. Why is Celtic's Treble special? Not only because they were the first team to win it, but also because Jock Stein, a Scot, won it with a team that was largely made up of players born not too far from Celtic's stadium. United's Treble is indelible part of football history just like Celtic's is.

All of us here are United fans and all of us have a story behind supporting the club. United has a story too and Solskjaer is a massive part of it. Just imagine how amazing it will be when OGS, a United fan favourite who won us the Treble and "gets" the club, wins a trophy or two as the manager. Sure, like I said, it can go wrong. But there is no evidence just yet that it can't go right.

All of us want United to win trophies. But winning trophies with "our" people is a little bit more special. Otherwise what's the point? Today we are seeing one-upmanship amongst ourselves in this thread; tomorrow we sack Ole, bring in a new manager who wins a few trophies and we will engage in one-upmanship with rival fans, which, ultimately, is an endless activity that will continue even after all of us here are long gone. But United's Treble, and Ole's trophies, if he wins any, will remain in footballing folklore for ever.

Criticizing the manager is fine, but there is some real, unwarranted disrespect towards the manager, let alone a club legend.

Come on lads and lasses, we have something special going on here, let's stand by our manager and the players and enjoy nights like tonight. If he misses out on Top 4, the Glazers are going to sack him anyway and bring in a new manager, at which point we must stand by him/her.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To talk about the bolded bit above - even if it was true, what is exactly SO wrong with that when there is absolutely no reasonable justification for not continuing with him as of right now? Sure it can all go belly up. But it can also go very, very right and it will be glorious.

Doing the Treble is nothing unique anymore, quite a few teams have done it since 1999. Why is United's Treble special? Because United's Academy grads, many from Manchester itself, played a very big hand in it. Why is Celtic's Treble special? Not only because they were the first team to win it, but also because Jock Stein, a Scot, won it with a team that was largely made up of players born not too far from Celtic's stadium. United's Treble is indelible part of football history just like Celtic's is.

All of us here are United fans and all of us have a story behind supporting the club. United has a story too and Solskjaer is a massive part of it. Just imagine how amazing it will be when OGS, a United fan favourite who won us the Treble and "gets" the club, wins a trophy or two as the manager. Sure, like I said, it can go wrong. But there is no evidence just yet that it can't go right.

All of us want United to win trophies. But winning trophies with "our" people is a little bit more special. Otherwise what's the point? Today we are seeing one-upmanship amongst ourselves in this thread; tomorrow we sack Ole, bring in a new manager who wins a few trophies and we will engage in one-upmanship with rival fans, which, ultimately, is an endless activity that will continue even after all of us here are long gone. But United's Treble, and Ole's trophies, if he wins any, will remain in footballing folklore for ever.

Criticizing the manager is fine, but there is some real, unwarranted disrespect towards the manager, let alone a club legend.

Come on lads and lasses, we have something special going on here, let's stand by our manager and the players and enjoy nights like tonight. If he misses out on Top 4, the Glazers are going to sack him anyway and bring in a new manager, at which point we must stand by him/her.
I agree with every word you write. Winning with Ole would be unparalleled. Perhaps even better than winning with Fergie.

Paul_Scholes18

I agree with every word you write. Winning with Ole would be unparalleled. Perhaps even better than winning with Fergie.
It would be great if he turned it around for sure and won the league. Just not seeing it with the way we struggle against defensive sides.
A cup win I can see more as we can be hard to beat when we are focused and up for it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It would be great if he turned it around for sure and won the league. Just not seeing it with the way we struggle against defensive sides.
A cup win I can see more as we can be hard to beat when we are focused and up for it.
Im hoping he can resolve all the tactical issues to concistenly win against low block teams this season, and with 2 more class players transfers, we blitz it next year. Winning title this year is too big a jump to make. Our midfield combinations and very close passing triangles will be critical for this, but will take a while before they become innate player relationships and skills.

So in answer to the OP, its most certainly OleKEEP!

But then again, its 2020, so who knows, maybe we can win a year ahead of schedule.

Eddy_JukeZ

Every time I'm Ole out, he pulls me back in.

When we look good, we look really good. He has outsmarted a lot of great managers tactically in his time here. We just destroyed a very good team 5-0. He deserves plenty of plaudits for that.

My hope is that we weed out the bad games slowly. When we've played bad, we have looked really bad.

Hopefully we can go on a run. I still maintain that league is very open and a winning run could set us up for a title challenge.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I am still in the “sack him” camp. I am emotionally attached to Ole like everyone and I agree that he is due huge respect for how he has served the club. I love nights like tonight when it all goes right for him and I’m genuinely chuffed for the guy.

I just can’t take the false dawns any more, we have had so many night like tonight only to be let down with an almighty bang in the following week or two.

Does anyone really expect the team to go on a run of wins after tonight’s performance? I just can’t see it.

He'sRaldo

I just can’t take the false dawns any more, we have had so many night like tonight only to be let down with an almighty bang in the following week or two.

Does anyone really expect the team to go on a run of wins after tonight’s performance? I just can’t see it.
The difference for me is that he seems to have clocked on to play the players in their best positions. If he does that he'll invariably win a lot of games, and IMO the inconsistency mainly comes from shoehorning players in a suboptimal formation, as well as shoehorning average players in to fit a formation.

With that said, if he reverts back to type in the next game then I'll definitely lose my shit.

Paul_Scholes18

Im hoping he can resolve all the tactical issues to concistenly win against low block teams this season, and with 2 more class players transfers, we blitz it next year. Winning title this year is too big a jump to make. Our midfield combinations and very close passing triangles will be critical for this, but will take a while before they become innate player relationships and skills.

So in answer to the OP, its most certainly OleKEEP!

But then again, its 2020, so who knows, maybe we can win a year ahead of schedule.
Yeah hopefully he can find a way to break them down better. We still had a few chances against Chelsea so could have won. Might need to be clinical in those games when we create less.
I feel the league is more open this year. City do not look great so far and Liverpool is without Van Dijk and have been conceding lots of goals already.
I guessed based on CL City might start to produce again now with De Bruyne back and looking better.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The difference for me is that he seems to have clocked on to play the players in their best positions. If he does that he'll invariably win a lot of games, and IMO the inconsistency mainly comes from shoehorning players in a suboptimal formation, as well as shoehorning average players in to fit a formation.

With that said, if he reverts back to type in the next game then I'll definitely lose my shit.
And no one will care.

Footy van de Geek

I wanted him out if he couldn’t get a response to the Spurs defeat, which was a very dark day.

The players clearly like Ole. They play for him. They often dig in and pull out results just when the pressure is intensifying. They have done so again over the past 4 games.

So I would say the recent reports/leaks about players saying he’s a nice guy but they’re not completely sure if he is an elite coach, might have some truth to them. As in he’s good, but is he good enough to take them to the next level as players. Like Klopp did at Liverpool.

I think our over reliance on counter attacks will hold us back long term. Until the game opened up against both Newcastle and Leipzig, we didn’t look like creating a whole lot. When you give us space to run into, we have the pace and vision to destroy any team. Look at how high Leipzig were for Rashford’s 1st goal. Suicidal stuff. But they had to chase the game. If we concede the 1st goal, teams can sit in against us. Scoring the 1st goal is so important to us. We rarely win from losing positions under Ole. It’s improved recently since Covid. We’ll go well in knockout games with this style, but it’s difficult to win a title this way. We won’t always be consistent in the league.

I would expect Arsenal to sit in against us like Chelsea did. They will try to hit us on the break with Aubameyang, Saka, etc. We need to evolve and be able to break down the teams who show us respect. This is a coaching issue. Better use of width down the side is needed when a long ball over the top isn’t on. Telles will help with this. Our full-backs are often a hinderance when faced with a low block. Telles is a great option to have at LB/LWB. We now need one of Williams/Laird to become a viable alternative to AWB for certain games. AWB is brilliant when we need to stop an elite attacker like Mbappé or Aubameyang. But we should be imposing ourselves on the opposition 90% of the time.

There aren’t many coaches I’d love to get that are available anyway. Poch is the only realistic candidate, and even he has some questions marks. The best coaches are already at the biggest clubs. Nagelsmann and Rose aren’t quite ready for such a big, high profile job. So for now, unless things really go downhill before 2021, Ole deserves to see the season out. A win against Arsenal would be massive. A draw or defeat would leave us a long way behind the pack. We need to address our home form, starting on Sunday.

cptkeane1993

I just don’t like people preaching about how to support the club and not going through the dark ages when there 37 years old and can’t even remember Ryan Giggs’s debut but want us to believe they know about hardship supporting United.
Wait, did you take the 1993 and determined I was 37? The math says 27 (!) and by the way, it's the year Roy Keane joined us.
And no, I was supporting the club when it was "Tara Fergie" days when the top dogs were Liverpool (albeit in their last legs then) and Arsenal. I'm sure you'd have been in that Tara Fergie camp, seeing how much patience you have for your club's manager now, poking holes at everything and anything, unable to look beyond immediate results due to reasons only you could know.

I reiterate. If you can't support what you're seeing now, then it's worth taking a break. I'm speaking from personal experience. During the dark days of Moyes when he came out and said to the effect of he didn't know what was wrong and had tried everything, I was distraught and stopped watching a few games for the first time ever and it helped. Because mate, Ole ain't going anywhere soon and he's the gaffer so it's best to come round quick or take that break.

I feel sorry that some of us cannot fully and blissfully enjoy a night like tonight, I really do.

RedIke

Wait, does the Caf really do this after every game? Evey win is a vote to stay and ever loss is a vote to kick him out. Hilarious.

Anyway, can we just play CL every night? That would be great.

monosierra

Wait, does the Caf really do this after every game? Evey win is a vote to stay and ever loss is a vote to kick him out. Hilarious.

Anyway, can we just play CL every night? That would be great.
Hey that’s the Glazers European super league plan hehe

Listar

Well said
It is really not. The fact he mentioned Mata James McT not good enough against better quality opposition is a contradiction with his first paragraph re: the board. If Ole had a better window this summer then he wouldn't need to be starting them would he?

I may need reminding again how well our board did this summer?

pass.pass.pass

Lot of flip-flopping in this thread. I'll change my vote when we consistently beat teams that park the bus.

As for this game, Ole got it absolutely right tactically, and it was a joy to see the goals go in.

CG1010

We have come a long long way from bringing Fellaini to protect a 1-0 lead against a Europa league opponent and facing relentless pressure. Now we are playing toe-to-toe against top teams and have the killer mentality to try score another rather to kill the game.

Its a function of the mentality of Ole and the massive improvements he has made to the team. The progress of this team is simply outstanding. We now take the performances of people like Fred, McT, Shaw, Lindelof guaranteed but it was anything but when Ole took over. Not to mention the outstanding work he is doing on our young front 3.

What today showed me was the first time we excelled against a high pressing team. Seems that Ole has found the solution to this problem posed by teams as well. But the key to this approach is injuries. We need all our top midfielders to be fit for the diamond to work

wolvored

If he can swap personnel and tactics like he did last night, I wish he would do it in all or most of the games. His persistance with 4-2-3-1 for the majority of Premier games mean teams know beforehand how we are going to play. The element of surprise should come with the opposition not knowing the starting 11 and the tactics, throw them off balance before a ball is kicked. Ole has a strong squad, certainly the strongest since Fergie, he should use it all.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
If he can swap personnel and tactics like he did last night, I wish he would do it in all or most of the games. His persistance with 4-2-3-1 for the majority of Premier games mean teams know beforehand how we are going to play. The element of surprise should come with the opposition not knowing the starting 11 and the tactics, throw them off balance before a ball is kicked. Ole has a strong squad, certainly the strongest since Fergie, he should use it all.
It wouldn’t be much of a surprise then.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We haven't struggled with with defensive sides anywhere near as much since Fernandes came in. We struggled for a while against pressing teams, which is one of the most popular styles in England presently, but we've come on leaps and bounds at dealing with the press. Chelsea was a bit of a mess but we had to play with Mata and James which held us back massively.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We are good, but I always feel that we still lack something. If Pogba is finding home in that left midfielder role, we'd be one hell of a team.

And you have to admit. The players togetherness is up to the roof. Martial was in goal drought, Rashford and Bruno did everything they could to serve the ball on plate to Martial (as in PSG and then this game). No public shaming (even when a few players having their worst time) from manager when things get tough.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This is my problem with Ole. We beat last year's UCL finalists away from home. We smash last year's Semi-Finalists at home. We have the talent--- just not the consistency. I'm glad we beat PSG and RBL. It proves that yes, contrary to what alot of people say on here-- United has a good team! Every time we lose, Ole defenders immediately BLAME the board and the Glazers for not backing Ole, even though United has spent a pretty penny on Ole. When Ole loses, it's never Ole's fault-- it's the board or Ed's fault.

I'm glad we smashed RBL. Now people are going to wake up and realize-- yes-- United has a good team. Yes-- United need to be challenging for 2nd place, if not the title (if Liverpool's bad injury run continues.)

It's time for the EXPECTATIONS of Ole to be increased!

The problem is-- Ole is so inconsistent as a manager and makes too many mistakes. What manager is happy with a draw @ home vs a struggling Chelsea side? A manager who doesn't realize that while Mata, McTom, James may work vs a poor Newcastle side-- against more quality opponents-- it won't work. United is sitting on 7 points in 5 EPL games. Unacceptable with the squad he has. 1 point in 9 @ home this year. Disgrace.

Put up or shutup time Ole. You have to beat Arsenal this weekend. Flat out.

Consistency. The caf gets on Pogba's case for inconsistency-- well, Ole has the same problem.

Lets go Ole. One game at a time. You have to smash Arsenal and then lets go from there. I'm tired of 1 step forward- 1 step back.
I can never wrap my head around this logic. Good results means our team is good, bad results means Ole is inconsistent. Dont you see the flaw in logic here? If you dont your just another agenda poster

With the good results the players and Ole deserves credit, and the bad results/inconsistencies Ole and the players deserves blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.