Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lee82gx

Lukaku is playing in Serie A, Immobile gets 30 goals and assists a season.

Greenwood is being frozen out? what makes you say that? He has had a tough period with the media, illness and a close friend losing his life. Footballers are human and surprisingly a 18 year old gets affected by what happens outside of football.

Martial has had a stop start season. Just because the media say he is moody, doesnt mean he is moody because there is nothing to suggest that he is a moody person.
dude, your points regarding Greenwood AND Martial is exactly what I meant by spending the Lukaku money on a replacement! I'm glad we all agree! :D
I dearly hope with all my heart Greenwood turns out fine, if he has problems I'm sure Ole will protect him, but who's protecting our front line with goals?

Lastwolf

In the time we lost Lukaku, he has already scored 30 goals. Greenwood did so well last season I admit but now he's been frozen to "let him grow" but if you ask me, there must be a better reason such as he's not hitting the heights or he's hitting the wrong Icelandic models. Which means it is not a good sign. So, how many goals will we be getting from these two this season? This season alone, Lukaku already has more goals than Martial and Greenwood combined.....I'm not saying we should not have let him go. I'm just saying we could've, should've spent the money on a target man.

I'll be happy to tell you what makes Martial moody if I know it. Apparently he needs a few more games to get going. And a few more, and a few more, and few more?
I dunno if it's just cause the season started late or what, but people need to calm down with the over the top statements about everything. 3 weeks ago Everton were unbeatable greatest team ever, like a week ago Villa where top 4.

Lukaku in England =/= Lukaku in Italy.

He's doing well out there, good for him, but it's 9 games into a 50 odd game season, this isn't a good sample size.

He scored 34 last season, his best ever goal return by 7 goals. The two combined did beat his tally last season at 40, even thought that's not a great thing to do 2 players goals vs 1 in different leagues, systems, ages, shoe size, etc.

For United, they both replaced his goals in his previous season as they both out scored the 15 goals in 18/19.

I don't really disagree that Martial or Greenwood have been "sub par" even comparing them to themselves so far this season, but so what it's still early days, if this trend is still the same after 18 games, then we have issues, but that's into next year already.

Crashoutcassius

Whatever your stance is: every United manager in the post Fergie era has been allowed to stay until they fail in some form. Solskjær isn't given special treatment because of his legend status. He's still here because he's yet to fail. On top of this:

- He's excellent at dealing with the media.
- His record in Europe is good.
- His record against the best managers, across several top leagues, is very good.
- Our squad is relatively young and likely to improve naturally. There are no short-term solutions.
- Our football is the most entertaining it's been in the post Fergie era.
- Our results since Bruno's arrival, which now amounts to as much as 37 games, are good: 24W, 7D, 6L
The record since Bruno really is good. Convert that to PTS in the premiership and you'd have 79 with a game to play. Bar a short spell to start the season, the results have been there

jamesjimmybyrondean

In Ole's tenure he's had two different streaks we went on a good run and in those times there was a consistent starting 11 that he trusted (unchanged FC). Even in big games we had a consistent defensive set up that paid off more times than not.

This season certain players are off form or going through personal difficulties so what worked in our good run last season isn't working now. I think we will find consistency when Ole finds his unchanged FC again and go back to inconsistency when something happens to that unchanged FC. What that tells me is that Ole is more reliant on individual brilliance than he is on a certain style of play

Mainoldo

So I’ve still got him down to be sacked by Christmas. Hopefully he won’t leave us in too much of a bad place and we can still make top 4.

Mainoldo

In Ole's tenure he's had two different streaks we went on a good run and in those times there was a consistent starting 11 that he trusted (unchanged FC). Even in big games we had a consistent defensive set up that paid off more times than not.

This season certain players are off form or going through personal difficulties so what worked in our good run last season isn't working now. I think we will find consistency when Ole finds his unchanged FC again and go back to inconsistency when something happens to that unchanged FC. What that tells me is that Ole is more reliant on individual brilliance than he is on a certain style of play
Definitely this. If we were.. magic word!! Coached better we would be less inconsistent. It’s no coincidence a injury struck Liverpool can still deal with Top teams. Whilst we look a completely different side when subs are made.

Crustanoid

Nearly 35000 posts now, and nothing achieved apart from generating negativity across this forum. Every pro-argument is countered, and every anti-argument is countered, and the one thing that this thread definitely has not achieved is to change anybody's mind. Only results over a period of time can and will do that.

The post match thread from last night has crept into 6 pages. For a 4-1 win in the Champions League. All of this talk about 'must be sacked if we don't get top 4' is because of what? Its a target for the club and means a lot financially, but what does it mean for the actual football? It means we get to play in the Champions League, and all that this brings with it. Terrific. Except we did that last night, and we won 4-1, but nobody wants to talk about it - the very thing that we all claim to be so important is seemingly not worth discussing at any length. Posters here that argue against Ole every day don't post in those threads when we win. How does that make sense? What does that say about what they are here to do?

This whole thing is about people winning this argument. Guess what? The people who are so against him will get their I-told-you-so moment eventually, because nearly every manager ends up getting sacked at some point. There is a shelf life for them all. This argument will rage on until that happens if everybody keeps feeding it. You know that something has become rotten when a manager is criticised for relying on a player that he signed to do the exact job he is doing, or when a 5-0 CL win is pulled apart because we didn't dominate for 90 minutes. Its rotten to the core.
Fantastic post

The other factor is that when faced with the unrelenting negativity it stirs sane minded people to react against it, thus perpetuating the unhealthy issue

Paul_Scholes18

We have got the job done now for a few games. Yet it do not look like things will finally click apart from Bruno in great form.

Southampton is a team we often struggle against. So will be a big test as will the next few weeks.
If we can win the CL group and get 2/3 wins in the league it will look pretty good.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We have got the job done now for a few games. Yet it do not look like things will finally click apart from Bruno in great form.

Southampton is a team we often struggle against. So will be a big test as will the next few weeks.
If we can win the CL group and get 2/3 wins in the league it will look pretty good.
If we win the CL group and are around the top 4-6 places then I'm pretty sure most of us would have taken that when the CL group was announced. Our new signings are starting to make an impact, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a strong December tbh, we actually look pretty fit and fresh. I think Oles next challenge is to try and find a selection of players where DvB and Bruno can start together as they seem like a promising partnership.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Fantastic post

The other factor is that when faced with the unrelenting negativity it stirs sane minded people to react against it, thus perpetuating the unhealthy issue
I'd suggest those believing in Ole as some sort of religious figure and imagining progress where there's little beyond buying better players for a lot of money is much more insane.

But you do you, keep doing passive aggressive insults, playing the top red.

Paul_Scholes18

If we win the CL group and are around the top 4-6 places then I'm pretty sure most of us would have taken that when the CL group was announced. Our new signings are starting to make an impact, it wouldn't surprise me if we had a strong December tbh, we actually look pretty fit and fresh. I think Oles next challenge is to try and find a selection of players where DvB and Bruno can start together as they seem like a promising partnership.
Yeah I think we should qualify. One draw is enough. I think we might actually beat City again they do not look that great.
It is Southampton and Moyes that worry me the most. Last season we struggled in those games.

If we wish to fight at the top then we need to win those games. With Liverpools injuries the title feel more open now. Although Pool looked good last game anyway so they will probably win it again sadly.

Flexdegea

It’s better to just put him on ignore.

Fair enough he has an opinion but hes so sure of everything especially after being wrong about stuff :lol:

He will win in the end, nearly every manager gets sacked at some stage so he cant lose

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So I’ve still got him down to be sacked by Christmas. Hopefully he won’t leave us in too much of a bad place and we can still make top 4.
The true United fan spirit on show right there. Betting when the current manager gets the boot.

Is it any wonder the whole world despise our fan base with people like you? You make it easy for them.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah I think we should qualify. One draw is enough. I think we might actually beat City again they do not look that great.
It is Southampton and Moyes that worry me the most. Last season we struggled in those games.

If we wish to fight at the top then we need to win those games. With Liverpools injuries the title feel more open now. Although Pool looked good last game anyway so they will probably win it again sadly.
Moyes feels like a banana skin game, but it seems like we're playing into some form, our new signings are settling and Martial, Greenwood are back. This season anything can happen, Covid could break out and the season stops again, a few injuries could cripple a team. I know this place can be incredibly negative after a poor performance, but honestly this season is being slightly warped by our game in hand. If we win that, we're only 4 points off top. Just another annoying variable added thanks to Covid.

We had a bad start to the season in the league, but we've also done very well in the cups so far. Just need to sort out that home form and we're looking good this season.

Mainoldo

The true United fan spirit on show right there. Betting when the current manager gets the boot.

Is it any wonder the whole world despise our fan base with people like you? You make it easy for them.
Surpised the whole world despises us??? Really? Are they still angry that we are winning so many medals infront of their faces again? Is it because we have Bruno and they only have players the likes of Joao Felix.

What on this green earth do they despise?

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes feels like a banana skin game, but it seems like we're playing into some form, our new signings are settling and Martial, Greenwood are back. This season anything can happen, Covid could break out and the season stops again, a few injuries could cripple a team. I know this place can be incredibly negative after a poor performance, but honestly this season is being slightly warped by our game in hand. If we win that, we're only 4 points off top. Just another annoying variable added thanks to Covid.

We had a bad start to the season in the league, but we've also done very well in the cups so far. Just need to sort out that home form and we're looking good this season.
Yeah it is a strange season. I miss having fans around and also going to games for my local team in Sweden.

It could be a time to kick on with a new manager, but there will be little time for them to change much.
So many games to come in a short period of time.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
For me its simple. Consistency. Its evaded him thus far. If he gets us playing like we did in the first yesterday across most games, then I'm all for Ole. But hes shown he can't. In two years, we're struggling for consistency. One day, we can beat RB Leipzig 5-0 and then we follow it up with a 1-0 loss to an awful Arsenal team. How? Why? I get that you can have good and bad days but why is this pattern the only consistent aspect to this team under this management? Lose to shit Turkish side 2-1 via a humiliating performance then drub them 4-1.
The only team that hit that constistency you're after in 2019/2020 was Liverpool, and to a smaller degree Manchester City. In 2020/2021 - No team has hit the consistency yet.

Karlos PFC

So are you expecting this squad and a different manager to be better than City and 'Pool?
The win % is not to imply that Ole is the best ever, but to show that maybe it is not as bad as it reads in here. Fergies win % by the way is including a 20 year long era where we were the Bohemoth of English football. Talking of sacking the manager when we have lost only 6 of our last 37 matches is just crazy, especially when we have nothing to show for the last 7 years.
Is you expectations based on past or current status of the club and squad?

Your post pretty much makes my point regarding the discussion being so black and white, so thank you for that! Even managed to put the word hoax in there. Thanks again! Trump would be proud ;)
No I'm expecting after 2 years in charge to have a style of play at the moment we are one injury(Bruno, I hope not) to being shit.
How can you recruit the right players if you don't know what type of football you're going to play.

Basically your post makes my point in the first place. The win% is not to imply that Ole is the best ever but a lot of the posters in here with these stats are claiming that before Ole took charge, we were shambles, demoralised, no Man United way, nothing in the last 7 years and so. Like he is the second coming of Jesus.

Also the bit about nothing to show for in the last seven years, I'd guess you started watching football the last 2 years. Because in the last 7 years we got an FA cup, a league cup and a Europa League. I know it's not something great and all but it's the exact opposite of nothing. Ole fan boys were calling a success our 3 semis and the 3rd place.

About the Trump comment I'll tell you what, just because I'm not a native English speaker for me hoax is just a word that describes something fake as the "rebuild" of Manchester United. Why won't you try and learn Greek maybe. As for political views noone is interested but I'm a communist so keep me out of your fascist or "neo-liberal" capitalistic shits.

So wrong and ill informed.

He been at the club 3 years?

Also as couple posters have pointed out hes hit his targets. If your target is league title ASAP then that is on you. Ole job was to qualify for champs league, then build from there, and totally overhaul the squad.

He is currently doing them things. Their is no magical pill that can just give you what you want in record time.
You're being very aggresive with my posts but I'll tell you this, I know that he hit his targets (some, attacking football is a myth that he keeps feeding to his supporters like you) but the whole "rebuild" thing wouldn't stop if Ole gets the sack and someone more capable comes along.

Well, we were not exactly in the best shape either after Ole took over. I agree that comparing win% to someone who managed 40 years ago is irrelevant, but considering the frankly hysterical reactions we get here at times he has a point: Its not so bad as many people would have us believe and largely speaking we have been pretty decent since Bruno arrived.

Also, that bolded part: The EPL is much more competitive than the other big leagues in Europe, especially Spain and Germany where the top dog(s) have vastly more resources than everyone else. Bayern for example use their closes rival as a farmer club, which is just bizarre. Could you imagine if we regularly kept snatching up Liverpool's best players?

And the rebuild is not a hoax, its a fact. I dont know why so many are in denial about this. Just because we used to win the league regularly and had a squad that pissed over everyone elses does not mean it had to be that way forever. We dont have a divine right to challenge for the league every year and right now we are still a few steps below the best clubs in the world
I'm not saying that we are in a terrible place but I sure wouldn't say that we are in a good one either. At the moment we are one injury (hope not) away from being shit.

OK I'll give you this, that the "rebuild" is a fact. A lot of posters like me claim otherwise because clubs rebuild and progress always, every single day. I don't know a club that has the same structure, the same players, the same coaches, the same manager, even the same style of play for let's say 5 years for example. When Van Gaal was here were we not in a "rebuild"? Mourinho later maybe? Hell even with Moyes we were supposed to be "rebuilding"

As I mentioned before the whole "rebuild" thing wouldn't stop if Ole gets the sack and someone else comes along. You want to tell me that if Ole leaves we will stop the "rebuild"?

It's like wanting to build a house and you find that the mechanic wasn't suitable for the job. What do you do ? Stop building the house or get someone that can do it and has experience of things like that?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah it is a strange season. I miss having fans around and also going to games for my local team in Sweden.

It could be a time to kick on with a new manager, but there will be little time for them to change much.
So many games to come in a short period of time.
I was talking about this in discord, you wonder how much training can actually occur this season for the teams in Europe. There are so many games, including Internationals that managing fitness and fatigue is probably a higher priority right now. Must be exhausting, not only for the players but for the Management to prepare the players for the next game that seems to pop up every 3/4 days.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm sorry but the consistency argument is getting a bit ridiculous now as it's not backed by numbers.

We've played 22 PL games, 6 EL, 4 CL, 2 LC and 3 FAC games since Bruno joined, 37 games in total. There are 24 wins and 6 losses. 2 of those losses came in semis of a tournament, 2 losses at a time when we had had no pre-season or match practice. Sure, some of our losses have come at unexpected moments, but there are going to be upsets in the sport. It's a sport afterall not a simulation

It's a ridiculously good record like it or not which makes calls to sack him laughable.

If you look at underlying stats, we're the best defence in the league in terms of goals scored as well as xGA. In CL, we're on top of the group of death, and have the second highest xG and 4th highest xGA among all teams in the competition.

Hell, the WBA game for which people criticized the team, we had the 2nd highest xG and xGA this GW. Had Martial and Rashford tucked in their chances, it would have been a stroll (Johnstone was the MOM that game, and rightly so).

Yesterday as well, apart from a 15 min spell, we were the better side in the game, and the scoreline reflected pretty much what you would expect in a game like that.

OleBoiii

I'm sorry but the consistency argument is getting a bit ridiculous now as it's not backed by numbers.

We've played 22 PL games, 6 EL, 4 CL, 2 LC and 3 FAC games since Bruno joined, 37 games in total. There are 24 wins and 6 losses. 2 of those losses came in semis of a tournament, 2 losses at a time when we had had no pre-season or match practice. Sure, some of our losses have come at unexpected moments, but there are going to be upsets in the sport. It's a sport afterall not a simulation

It's a ridiculously good record like it or not which makes calls to sack him laughable.

If you look at underlying stats, we're the best defence in the league in terms of goals scored as well as xGA. In CL, we're on top of the group of death, and have the second highest xG and 4th highest xGA among all teams in the competition.

Hell, the WBA game for which people criticized the team, we had the 2nd highest xG and xGA this GW. Had Martial and Rashford tucked in their chances, it would have been a stroll (Johnstone was the MOM that game, and rightly so).

Yesterday as well, apart from a 15 min spell, we were the better side in the game, and the scoreline reflected pretty much what you would expect in a game like that.
Thanks, but you're talking to deaf ears. You're probably 3rd or 4th poster to bring up those stats, but it keeps getting ignored by Ole out crowd. Either that, or it's dismissed as "a good spell". But the last time I checked a good spell is around 10-15 games. Not 37 :lol:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Good post, but I fear that its simply wasted on this forum. People have made up their minds already

Flexdegea

You're being very aggresive with my posts but I'll tell you this, I know that he hit his targets (some, attacking football is a myth that he keeps feeding to his supporters like you) but the whole "rebuild" thing wouldn't stop if Ole gets the sack and someone more capable comes along.

Sorry you feel like that but how I'm I being very aggressive with you :lol:

I dont even know what the rest of your post is about.

Supporters like me?

Hes our Club Manager, sorry if I'm not feeling as emotional as you do about him managing and feel it's a complete disaster, and want him gone.

As I've said before if I dont think its working I would be first to say so. We arent even close to that sort of reality yet. Far from it. Come back to the real world ASAP.

AshRK

Apparently this team is not properly coached
I have my doubts with Ole but I wouldn't deny that some of the football we have played under him have been the best since sir alex retired. We have scored some wonderful team goals under him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thanks, but you're talking to deaf ears. You're probably 3rd or 4th poster to bring up those stats, but it keeps getting ignored by Ole out crowd. Either that, or it's dismissed as "a good spell". But the last time I checked a good spell is around 10-15 games. Not 37 :lol:
Yeah I know, but that's the issue with Ole outers. The Interim manager period was a new manager bounce - which lasted for around 15 games! Then they term it as new signing bounce which lasted 8 months or so. If these people just to the arguments they are putting forward, they'll realize how ridiculous these arguments are.

And worse bit is the fact that half of these guys rate Arteta over Ole

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I have my doubts with Ole but I wouldn't deny that some of the football we have played under him have been the best since sir alex retired. We have scored some wonderful team goals under him.
Doubts are fine, I have some too.

But many have made allegations in this thread that OGS doesn't know how to coach a football team. Truly embarrassing on their part and just shows how little they understand about football.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

If you look at underlying stats, we're the best defence in the league in terms of goals scored as well as xGA. In CL, we're on top of the group of death, and have the second highest xG and 4th highest xGA among all teams in the competition. Hell, the WBA game for which people criticized the team, we had the 2nd highest xG and xGA this GW. Had Martial and Rashford tucked in their chances, it would have been a stroll (Johnstone was the MOM that game, and rightly so). Yesterday as well, apart from a 15 min spell, we were the better side in the game, and the scoreline reflected pretty much what you would expect in a game like that.
Ole isn't going anywhere, and its driving OleOUTers insane.

This thread is like a group therapy space for them. They will write paragraph after paragraph of lies, fabrication and nonsense hoping to feel a cathartic release. But Ole keeps posting great results and his team plays some fantastic football, so they have nothing to work with. Yet they come back a few days later and double down with the same lies, fabrication and nonsense, and so their cycle of negativity continues.

Meanwhile, the rest of us enjoy watching our team and manager grow as every month passes, willing the club to reach even greater heights.

Last edited:

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Surpised the whole world despises us??? Really? Are they still angry that we are winning so many medals infront of their faces again? Is it because we have Bruno and they only have players the likes of Joao Felix.

What on this green earth do they despise?
They used to despise us out of jealousy, they dont despise us any more for obvious reasons. What is there to be jealous about

el3mel

They used to despise us out of jealousy, they dont despise us any more for obvious reasons. What is there to be jealous about
Rival fans used to hate us because we were mocking them of why their teams are flopping while we were winning the league and other trophies. We used to mock Arsenal for 4th place trophy. We used to mock Liverpool for being trophyless for many years.

Little did we know back then, that one day we'll be worse than them, talking about 3rd place finish as some sort of a miraculous finish we can't dream of anything more.

Now most neutrals treat us as a laughing stock when we lose.

OleBoiii

talking about 3rd place finish as some sort of a miraculous finish we can't dream of anything more.
What a straw man...

Anyways, @anant put it best:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What a straw man...

Anyways, @anant put it best:

Why are you cherry picking an argument to do with our form since Bruno joined?

OleBoiii

In his first season he took over a mess in mid December and didn't sign anyone. For the first half of his second season he was forced to play with Lingard/Pereira as his main creators.

In other words: Bruno's arrival is a logical "starting point" for truly judging Ole as a coach. Had Pogba not been injured so early and so long term, then the "clock" would have started in August 2019. But then we would also probably have gotten way more points, so that hypothetical is pointless.

I could understand the skepticism if we were talking about 10-15 games, but it's been 37 games now. That is substantial. It's not longer "just a good spell" or "a half season wonder". It's the new standard.

Flexdegea

Forgot, we arent meant to have good players to lift the team to higher heights and make the managers jobs easier, player that he asked for.

Screw that, bring lindgard back in

Status
Not open for further replies.