Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
This strawman about how people want the club to fail, just because they are critical of the manager, just needs to go away. If people want the club to fail, why would they be fuming at that first half performance? Shouldn't they be happy to see us perform like that?
I hate when people bring logic into a discussion! :)

sect2k

This strawman about how people want the club to fail, just because they are critical of the manager, just needs to go away. If people want the club to fail, why would they be fuming at that first half performance? Shouldn't they be happy to see us perform like that?
Sadly it won't, it's about the only ammunition they got. Reason need not apply.

AneRu

My standing opinion is that I think we can and should do better than Ole but the fact is that this team is three good signings away from becoming a bona fide top team. In the first half I wondered how good this team if we had a faster CB making us less vulnerable to counters, a stronger DM who is good on the ball and say a Salah type of player coming in from the right.

Halftrack

Sadly it won't, it's about the only ammunition they got. Reason need not apply.
I mean, I've literally seen people say they'd gladly see us lose or miss out on CL football if it meant Ole got the boot. Or be disappointed when we equalize or take the lead because it means Ole's bought himself more time.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I thought about tagging everyone who went here to spew their bile at HT, but i wont. You know how you are

No doubt we played like fecking shite in first half. We were fecking gash. But the fact that you need to vent in here says it all really. If your first instinct is to go into this thread and bleat your usual nonsense then your just an agenda poster who cant be taken seriously. Isn't it embarrassing?

I think i know why @sammsky1 finally snapped. The fact that we have posters here who have the fecking gall to ironically call others "Top reds" at HT in a manager thread says it all. I bet you guys are gutted now since we actually won? "Individual brilliance hurr durr". Feck off. It was individual and collective incompetence that had us play like a bunch of drunk bellends in the first half, and it was indivdual brilliance what won us the second half. Is it coaching? No

P.L.A.Y.E.R.S F.E.C.K.I.N.G M.A.T.T.E.R

Feck off and support whoever is winning you plastic cnuts. We dont want you

Anustart89

I mean, I've literally seen people say they'd gladly see us lose or miss out on CL football if it meant Ole got the boot. Or be disappointed when we equalize or take the lead because it means Ole's bought himself more time.
Ah, you've literally seen it. That's as good as a quote, I suppose!

Holocene

I've never seen anyone be able to back that argument up with any quotes. It's such a bollocks argument and it's no wonder things are so toxic in here. No room for sensible discussion regarding Ole. Someone who was unhappy with today's performance got called a 'sad pathetic cnut' and that post just sits there and people quote it calling for promotion of the guy. If you're critical of Ole you get labelled as someone who should support another club, a shit fan or something else.

I've posted numerous posts on my thoughts and I get a sensible response 1/10 times. The rest of it is just different variations of the above. But the mods have probably given up on quelling the name-calling and general toxicity, so I suppose it's here to stay.
Not to mention that supporting the club is more important than supporting the manager.

Well said on your points. I couldn't agree more.

Anustart89

I've never seen anyone be able to back that argument up with any quotes. It's such a bollocks argument and it's no wonder things are so toxic in here. No room for sensible discussion regarding Ole. Someone who was unhappy with today's performance got called a 'sad pathetic cnut' and that post just sits there and people quote it calling for promotion of the guy. If you're critical of Ole you get labelled as someone who should support another club, a shit fan or something else.

I've posted numerous posts on my thoughts and I get a sensible response 1/10 times. The rest of it is just different variations of the above. But the mods have probably given up on quelling the name-calling and general toxicity, so I suppose it's here to stay.
I thought about tagging everyone who went here to spew their bile at HT, but i wont. You know how you are

No doubt we played like fecking shite in first half. We were fecking gash. But the fact that you need to vent in here says it all really. If your first instinct is to go into this thread and bleat your usual nonsense then your just an agenda poster who cant be taken seriously. Isn't it embarrassing?

I think i know why @sammsky1 finally snapped. The fact that we have posters here who have the fecking gall to ironically call others "Top reds" at HT in a manager thread says it all.

"Individual brilliance hurr durr". Feck off. It was individual and collective incompetence that had us play like a bunch of drunk bellends in the first half, and it was indivdual brilliance what won us the second half. Is it coaching? No

Hat-trick in proving my point. :lol:

Godfather

I think i know why @sammsky1 finally snapped. The fact that we have posters here who have the fecking gall to ironically call others "Top reds" at HT in a manager thread says it all. I bet you guys are gutted now since we actually won? "Individual brilliance hurr durr". Feck off. It was individual and collective incompetence that had us play like a bunch of drunk bellends in the first half, and it was indivdual brilliance what won us the second half. Is it coaching? No

Get off your high horse. This second half changes nothing with regard to Ole. We see zero consistency under him. Individual brilliance has saved his ass several times now.

And I don't think there's a single United supporter out there that isn't delighted with our win today.

hobbers

Spot the contradictions.

If we play fecking shite gash football for the first 60 minutes in every match... 1. Why are people not allowed to vent? 2. If they shouldn't be venting here, where the hell else should they be doing it? :lol:

For that and the rest of your post... get a grip, come on.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

You’re so cool.

I Am Zlatan

So you tag me but not acknowledge anything I said in my post? I even predicted that we would win the game or at least tie.. I’m not sure why just tag me and just say whoop whoop :D

Holocene

You're embarrassing yourself.

Halftrack

Ah, you've literally seen it. That's as good as a quote, I suppose!
Literally, as in I've not inferred it, it was explicitly stated. Anything else you want explained while we're at it?

I'm not about to dig through match day threads to find the relevant posts, because that's not something I'm willing to subject myself to. If that means you don't believe me, then so be it.

UDontMessWith24

What does the manager's job entail in your opinion? Might as well just leave them at home matchday then.

lysglimt

Scout
And we are now down to ignoring terrible play because it makes us feel right. Reality is still what it is unfortunately.
This last matches have shown how good we are when we are good - imagine how good we can be when we can lift our worst moments

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Sammsky's second account?

dove

Who do you think you are to tell people who they should support?

lysglimt

Scout
I remember Spurs 5-3, or 5-2. West Ham 4-2, Everton 4-2 etc etc

We were just as bad in those first halves - but Ferguson was a genious for turning the match around with his pep-talks and subs. OGS is an idiot with a really good team. This place is amazing.

RedorDead21

Now we’re 4th I don’t think he should be sacked. Once we drop to 5th, sack him unless he gets us back in the top 4 and then I think keep him. That’s just my thoughts on Ole.

Anustart89

Literally, as in I've not inferred it, it explicitly stated. Anything else you want explained while we're at it?

I'm not about to dig through match day threads to find the relevant posts, because that's not something I'm willing to subject myself to. If that means you don't believe me, then so be it.
That was the point I made above, that whenever people are asked to back up their claims that a large number of fans want the club to fail, or are happy when we lose, they vanish without a quote in sight. Posting things like that without backing it up just breeds toxicity because people get further entrenched in their positions which ruins every chance of a sensible discussion, which is what forums should be about.

It's why this thread descends into pointless name-calling and people telling others to go support the Scousers just because people happen to be of the opinion that we'd be better off with another manager.

I mean, I could say that I've seen posters who like Maguire say that they like eating babies, but you'd expect me to back it up, wouldn't you?

Holocene

We were just as bad in those first halves - but Ferguson was a genious for turning the match around with his pep-talks and subs. OGS is an idiot with a really good team. This place is amazing.
Talk about strawman, fecking hell.

You can cherry pick matches to support an argument about pretty much anything.

You're comparing the greatest manager of all time to a fairly young manager that hasn't won anything outside of Norway.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ole's reign seems similar to Valverde in Barcelona who was also criticised on being saved multiple times by individual brilliance. There were also those bad performances and losses that would get people to lose their shit

UDontMessWith24

This last matches have shown how good we are when we are good - imagine how good we can be when we can lift our worst moments
What's holding that back from happening? Keep this in mind before you answer: Organization, focus, energy, cohesion, confidence all stem from strong coaching and leadership. It is the manager's job to get this out of his players on a consistent basis. This is not my opinion. This is a very basic fact any U12 coach understands.

redshaw

Well as good as the comebacks are Ole and the team need to address the starts. We looked as limp against PSG as we did against West Ham and on another day we could've come out with a 3-1 win at home to PSG but gave ourselves too much to do and you can't carry on looking half asleep. A few comebacks is good but to constantly start slow like that won't be good odds for a major trophy. Not just Ole though, we've seen this trend of sluggish starts for a long time, even with Fergie's last season, like the climate of the club is set with an incredible swan song in 2013 of comebacks then follows a lack of belief and mentality since then with the new managers, like the club are in limbo.

We've also seen them win well when no pressure is on, we climb the table then drop away and tighten up when there's something to lose.

Positive is we probably have a very good squad now and there's some great potential.

UDontMessWith24

Amazing is somehow conceiving that comparison and being expected to be taken seriously in an intelligent discussion. Do you go back and read what you type? Sir Alex produced consistent results, and consequently title winning seasons, so starting a game poorly here and there can be looked at as an aberration. Seriously how do these thoughts even pop up in your head.

John Blund

People keep on saying "if he wasn't a club legend, he wouldn't be anywhere near a job in PL". Well, he did manage Cardiff, and he did get an offer from Aston Villa before he signed for Cardiff. We all know he was hired as an interim manager, and he got the job because we performed way better than expected.
We've cleared up good in the squad. The hit rate on his transfers is out of this world compared to his predecessors.

Stay behind the manager until we see if we end up within the top 4, and get a cup-run. #StillOleIn.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People keep on saying "if he wasn't a club legend, he wouldn't be anywhere near a job in PL". Well, he did manage Cardiff, and he did get an offer from Aston Villa before he signed for Cardiff. We all know he was hired as an interim manager, and he got the job because we performed way better than expected.
We've cleared up good in the squad. The hit rate on his transfers is out of this world compared to his predecessors.

Stay behind the manager until we see if we end up within the top 4, and get a cup-run. #StillOleIn.
That's the standard is it? Relegating Cardiff and turning down Villa?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Hat-trick in proving my point. :lol:
No it did not. The type of of comments we got was not the type that had "genuine concerns", it was the usual knee jerk nonsense. Its perfectly fine to have concerns about Ole. Plenty of posters have that. They still dont resort to shitpost in this thread at half fecking time

Get off your high horse. This second half changes nothing with regard to Ole. We see zero consistency under him. Individual brilliance has saved his ass several times now.

And I don't think there's a single United supporter out there that isn't delighted with our win today.
Oh but the first half did? I already said we were fecking gash in the first half, but somehow that blame falls squarely on the manager and the second half performance (and subs) goes unnoticed. Hmm. Strange. We played a new system in first half that might have had an effect, but it still does not explain why why could not find a team mate or could not manage to pass or trap a ball. Coaching matters but its up to the fecking players to pull it off. They did not

Spot the contradictions.

If we play fecking shite gash football for the first 60 minutes in every match... 1. Why are people not allowed to vent? 2. If they shouldn't be venting here, where the hell else should they be doing it? :lol:

For that and the rest of your post... get a grip, come on.
Because its in a thread about the bleeding manager? After he selcted his 11 and given them his instructions, its not really a lot he can do besides looking busy from the sidelines and shout/point a lot. Which in this site is the mark of a good manager apparently

You’re so cool.
Thanks

You're embarrassing yourself.
I might, but its worth it. I'll freely admit i've placed my stocks here and i have a stake in this debate. I'll also admit i had maybe one too many beers and one too many other alcohols but i stand by what i said. If Ole is sacked by Christmas or by the end of the season ill stand by the next guy as well

Status
Not open for further replies.