Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
So far at least this guy's doing a better job than Moyes and supposed top manager Van Gaal did at United. José Mourinho might've been excellent in terms of statistical results and trophies, but sadly he also was a bitter egomaniac who only cared about himself in the end, and that fecker actually sabotaged our season when he didn't get his transfers instead of trying to make most out of it, which says everything about who he is as a coach and a person.

Also curious who this magical coach is who can replace Solskjaer and will pretty much guarantee better performances and better results. Pochettino is about the only viable available option available, his football was most definitely atrocious to watch at times though, cowardly as well. And he had better players at Spurs on various positions than we've ever had at United since SAF retired. Maybe Simeone wants something different, he's a bona fide top coach in my opinion, much more proven than Pochettino, but his underdog mentality and tactics and playing style don't fit Manchester United at all, unless he would want to try something completely different in terms of tactics. Can't really think of many other names right now who could be realistic options to replace Solskjaer.

Hopefully there will be something to look back at fondly at the end of the season, at the same time I can't help but feel we're really just not good enough. Some of it is down to coaching, like the idiotic decision to not take Fred off against PSG the other day. While funnily enough we were set up and performed really well that match, and were unlucky not to win. Some of it is also down to a lack of balance and quality in the squad, I mean our CB pairing, it's genuinely pathetic if you're the biggest club in the best league in the world. Which I guess you can blame on both the club, scouting, transfer commitee, and of course obviously on the manager who agreed to sign Harry Maguire as well.

All things considered I don't actually think Solskjaer is doing such a bad job though, so I genuinely don't understand why some people are so smugly adamant there will be some next coach soon who will do much better him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Where do you think they'll finish? Probably not 3rd...
Doesn’t matter. They were a team in hot form and we smashed them away from home.

anyways am about of this idiotic thread For the night as it’s just going to be OleOUTers crying.

mu4c_20le

Seriously, imagine Ole was properly backed in the summer window. We would be comfortably on top of the league I feel.
He's been managing this club with one arm tied behind his back from the start. Many have suggested that the board love him because he's easy to handle and won't melt down at the sign of adversity.

Holocene

God the incessant whining about Ole is absolutely fecking pathetic. So many of you need to get a grip and take a long hard look at yourselves and your motivation for seemingly WANTING this team to fail. It's absolutely bizzare.

Ole's going nowhere and rightfully so. He understands the club and the players want to play for him. Stop whining like little babies, get behind the team and stop actively wishing us to fail.
Which posters are wanting us to fail? Feel free to quote them.

Listar

I was happy when I saw the rotation (though Bruno is my captain on Fantasy Premier League!!). Ole needs to start doing this. But the players need to deliver.

Why clueless? Why is the team not clueless with Bruno? Does he play his own tactics? He doesn't! He is a great player that demands a lot from players around him. Whoever comes in when Bruno is rested needs to be up to the standard. We, as fans, need to start demanding more from player.

I bet if Ole hadn't made the changes at half time, some fans would've blamed him for not making the changes.

We are 4th, 2 points off the league leaders. Why do we have so many fans complaining?
Great point on Bruno.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It's the old Jose argument again. Let's all cover our eyes and sing in harmony, not taking into account if any of these wins are sustainable or actual progress. I ain't falling for that shite again, if you want to see that as me being miserable, go ahead - but I'm able to enjoy a win without going over the top, especially given the circumstances of those wins.
Well it certainly seems to be sustainable for the best part of this whole year. If this was another manager we'd all just be pleased that we managed to grind a result from a poor performance, but because its Ole everything is forensically analysed to an unhealthy point.

This is already a fantastically entertaining season. Why can't people just enjoy the ride. God knows we all need it this year.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Doesn’t matter. They were a team in hot form and we smashed them away from home.

anyways am about of this idiotic thread For the night as it’s just going to be OleOUTers crying.
Smashed them? :lol:

Mate they battered us in the first half and 15 minutes of the second half. Problem is they can't finish shit and they crumbled as soon as we scored an incredibly fortunate goal pretty much out of nowhere. Really top team...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Smashed them? :lol:

Mate they battered us in the first half and 15 minutes of the second half. Problem is they can't finish shit and they crumbled as soon as we scored an incredibly fortunate goal pretty much out of nowhere. Really top team...
Your beer must be a salty shandy by now, the amount of tears you’ve cried into it because we won?
This time i am really out of this thread :lol:

spiriticon

At this point it's Ole beats West Ham or Psg humiliates Ole. People on here watch Ole and not Manchester United
This thread is eternal because we will have the same problem with the new manager, as it has been for the last 3 managers

This thread will outlive all of us.

sect2k

I was happy when I saw the rotation (though Bruno is my captain on Fantasy Premier League!!). Ole needs to start doing this. But the players need to deliver.

Why clueless? Why is the team not clueless with Bruno? Does he play his own tactics? He doesn't! He is a great player that demands a lot from players around him. Whoever comes in when Bruno is rested needs to be up to the standard. We, as fans, need to start demanding more from player.

I bet if Ole hadn't made the changes at half time, some fans would've blamed him for not making the changes.

We are 4th, 2 points off the league leaders. Why do we have so many fans complaining?
Because some people are capable of nuanced opinion, unlike some, who see everything as binary.

Just because I think, that there are recurring issues with this team, and I don't see Ole, taking this team forward, doesn't mean I want us to loose games, and somehow suffer, when we win. And then people believing that, call me delusional. If you're incapable of seeing that, that's on you, not me.

Berbaclass

We are just papering over the cracks very week. I think we've had a decent run of 'easier' fixtures so it's sort of masked our awfulness and allowed us to get away with things that top teams would not let us get away with.

Playing against a top 6 team we will get punished, just like Leipzig presumably will in midweek.

spiriticon

We are just papering over the cracks very week. I think we've had a decent run of 'easier' fixtures so it's sort of masked our awfulness and allowed us to get away with things that top teams would not let us get away with.

Playing against a top 6 team we will get punished, just like Leipzig presumably will in midweek.
Considering Ole's got a good record against big teams, I'm not sure where that reasoning has come from...

Dr. StrangeHate

Your 2nd point is a blatant changing of goal posts. No one said we have a squad good enough to win the league this season.
Goal has always been trophies (PL or CL).

We comfortably had 3rd best squad going into season. If we were against City or Liverpool of few years back I would say no chance of title. Liverpool have half their team out and City have no striker, lost Silva and look a shadow of themselves. With the most healthy bench in the league, I am sure more most fans expect a title challenge.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love this "Individual Brilliance" argument. Pep's a shite coach as whe hasn't won the CL without Messi, Klopp was doing nothing worthwhile before he signed VVD and so on.

You need players with specific skills in the team for your tactics to work. For example, without Rashford or any other forward with explosive pace, you can't pin the opposition down to their half. You need a Bruno or some other creator(which we don't have) who can find the spaces and make decisions. You need players like Mason and Martial for their 1v1 dribbling, VDB for his spatial awareness and so on. Considering the team has a mix of these talents, it's managers job to pick the 11 most important things they would need in the game. If using the player's strengths in a game is "individual brilliance" then you don't need a manager

YouOnlyLiveTwice

We have a good squad, we are two points from 1st in the league, we need a draw to next round in the cl in a very difficult group. I don't see what Ole or the team is doing wrong at the moment, unless you expect us to somehow just cruise through a season that was difficult from the start.

Halftrack

The same Leipzig that we clowned on a couple of weeks back?

I mean, they're a good team and are clearly capable of beating us, but they sure as shit didn't punish us last time around. This is "*insert opponent* will be Ole's first real test" all over again.

Berbaclass

The same Leipzig that we clowned on a couple of weeks back?

I mean, they're a good team and are clearly capable of beating us, but they sure as shit didn't punish us last time around. This is "*insert opponent* will be Ole's first real test" all over again.
We play like we did today against Leipzig they will beat us.

UDontMessWith24

If missed chances were a supposed consolation despite the result on Wednesday, West Ham missing two absolute sitters has to be part of the discussion. We CANNOT going through these shocking periods of play and hoping the players decide they've had enough and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Done with the squad not good enough bollocks. If they were good enough to blow the doors off West Ham in 13 minutes then there's no reason we should look that bad for periods in almost every game.

Renegade

Are those that are Ole in also Pogba in because he scored a goal today and shut up the haterz?

Anustart89

This strawman about how people want the club to fail, just because they are critical of the manager, just needs to go away. If people want the club to fail, why would they be fuming at that first half performance? Shouldn't they be happy to see us perform like that?

I've never seen anyone be able to back that argument up with any quotes. It's such a bollocks argument and it's no wonder things are so toxic in here. No room for sensible discussion regarding Ole. Someone who was unhappy with today's performance got called a 'sad pathetic cnut' and that post just sits there and people quote it calling for promotion of the guy. If you're critical of Ole you get labelled as someone who should support another club, a shit fan or something else.

I've posted numerous posts on my thoughts and I get a sensible response 1/10 times. The rest of it is just different variations of the above. But the mods have probably given up on quelling the name-calling and general toxicity, so I suppose it's here to stay.

Last edited:

svn

Since January?

lysglimt

Scout
If missed chances were a supposed consolation despite the result on Wednesday, West Ham missing two absolute sitters has to be part of the discussion. We CANNOT going through these shocking periods of play and hoping the players decide they've had enough and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Done with the squad not good enough bollocks. If they were good enough to blow the doors off West Ham in 13 minutes then there's no reason we should look that bad for periods in almost every game.
Well - clearly we can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.