Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMilo

When we play 4 at the back and get dominated by PSG and West Ham, its the tactics.

When we play 5 at the back and concede two, its the tactics.

Just let the caf manage the club.
When we play 5 at the back with McT and Matic in front, its naive and unforgivable in such a big match.

keithsingleton

Im not jumping in the ole out bandwagon just yet because ole wasn't supported in the transfer market.

Woodward out is more like it.
Wouldn't make a difference if he was, with his formations that I haven't a clue what he's doing along with the players we'd still win feck all

croadyman

I don't want him to be sacked at the minute.

But if he is, he can't complain much.

Whilst his position has been under scrutiny, he's mishandled 3 games in group stages with poor selections and in game decisions. He hasn't earned the respect to drop the ball like that.
I just feel we need a change of ideas and tonight his comeback luck unfortunately for him has run out

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Against Sevilla last year we could at least point to a host of missed chances... even against PSG last week

tonight we did virtually nothing, and then brought on 3 defenders to rescue a 2 goal deficit...

We’re a bizarre, bonkers team that occasionally look exciting and progressive... which is great! But we can’t keep saying time breeds consistency after 3 whole years of bonkers performances... it has to start levelling out soon, or we need to draw a line under it

TrueRed79

From the position we were in after three games to tonight, unforgivable i'm afraid. Can't believe we fecked up the last three games like that. If City beat us at the weekend, we should look to the future.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Presumably the players had nothing to do with us being 3-0 down?
Horrible coaching is 100% the issue. It leads to bad starts like we always have, it leads to the occasional dumb mistake because they don't instinctively know what to do with the ball, off the ball we are clueless, and we just never look organized. Any criticism other than coaching I'm not having. We won't go anywhere if we don't address that.

Giggsyking

This is Manchester United. Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus and Bayern wouldn't stand for this and these are the clubs we want to be back amongst. The support for this manager boggles my mind.
Dont bother, I really starting to think they are Liverpool fans in disguise. I am 100% sure they dont support the club. They are working hard to defend someone so primitive and inept at his job.

Dobba

One could reasonably walk into any managerial hotseat at any club in the world. The other would not be considered at any Championship teams.
Then why hasn't he? He's been unemployed for 13 months. Barcelona preferred Koeman until unproven rookie Xavi is ready to come back and Real are in no rush to sack Zidane.

United Hobbit

How many fecking wrong things can one bloody manager do in one game ?

Starting the game with 5 defenders and 2 DMF, setting us to defend and play for the draw.

Subbing off Telles and bringing Shaw back to LB then immediately afterwards subbing Shaw for Williams. Wasted 2 subs on bull-fecking-shite and nothing else.

Putting on TFM while we bloody need a win. Williams, Axel and TFM. He put on 3 defensive players while we were losing.

I can't fecking believe how a manager can be so out of depth in such a big game. I really can't. David fecking Moyes would have made half of these mistakes.

I'm so fecking done and I'm sorry everyone. I'm so fecking done with Ole. I'm so fecking done with being optimistic about anything, literally. We can defeat City 6-0 and I'll still be done with him.

Feck football.
That is a terrific rant and I did enjoy reading it!

90 + 5min

That happens every fecking game.
Something that needs to be done with. It is about mentality.

Didn’t really fix things did he? Leipzig were content to defend their lead.

Then, needing a goal to secure progression, he brings on TFM.

So no, he didn’t fix things.
We were one brilliant save in 90 min from getting a result needed against one Bundesliga team. After all those subs and 0-3.

This is Manchester United. Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus and Bayern wouldn't stand for this and these are the clubs we want to be back amongst. The support for this manager boggles my mind.
Well, Barcelona don't shine at the moment. Neither Real or Juventus in their leagues. So is it always sack manager solution?

You really are delusional.
I don't reflect on football with feelings. I reflect of facts.

Give him a 10 year extension.

It doesn't matter at all that we bowed out of the CL group after securing 6 points from the 1st two games.
You seem to not have had much problems in your football life if you think that is hard. Nobody says 10 contract extension. But you guys are writing with feelings. When you get older you will understand.

• Change our formation to cater the opponent
  • Start with 5 defenders, and 2 defensive midfielders who give you nothing in terms of creativity.
  • Go 2 down after 13 minutes, in what's effectively a knockout game, yet somehow choose play out the remaining 30+ minutes of that half with those 7 defensive minded players.
  • Chasing goals, leave Mata on the bench while bringing on sub-par defender after sub-par defender.
Cowardly, defensive manager who shouldn't be anywhere near a top team's managerial job.

RK

You could say we were in a great position to qualify thanks to Ole. If you're the kind of supporter that blames the manager for defeats you need to praise them for the wins.

I do neither right now - it's a 6-game comp against quality opposition, which can be decided by a random goal here or there.

I'm still enjoying the Ole ride and watching this team, moreso than at any other point in the last 7 or so years. It's euphoric when United win because I don't have the pangs of guilt other fans must feel after slagging a club legend off all week.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Horrible coaching is 100% the issue. It leads to bad starts like we always have, it leads to the occasional dumb mistake because they don't instinctively know what to do with the ball, off the ball we are clueless, and we just never look organized. Any criticism other than coaching I'm not having. We won't go anywhere if we don't address that.
There is no 100% issue that will solve all here.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Oh my. So many Football Manager kids in here. Just waiting for a lost game.

He didn't get the team right but fixed things and we were better team for about 60min. We lost in first 15-20 min. After that we had control over game. Not that it matters.
Another one who should join the sammsky wankfest at the Church of Ole.

Do you people even fecking watch the games? He causes all the issues in the first place but somehow he's fixing things? The fecking mental gymnastics.

Foxbatt

The individual errors happen in most matches. That's down to coaching or I should say lack of correct coaching. You can't or shouldn't ask players to do things they can't do.
You need to practice and practice till you get it right.
It's not suddenly that AWB made a mistake tonight. He always lose his man and is extremely good in one v one situation when he has to tackle. It's not tonight but most matches he makes those mistakes.
There is no excuse for him now. He has been a mediocre manager and it's not good enough for Manchester United.
No I don't think Poch is the man. He can certainly make us play better than this but I don't think Poch is going to be winning us trophies either.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Nothing will change.

Just accept that we're midtable who overachieved by getting 9 points in this group and move on.

Avg brainless players coupled with a clueless manager. Match made in heaven.

PoTMS

Im not jumping in the ole out bandwagon just yet because ole wasn't supported in the transfer market.

Woodward out is more like it.
Why should we give him more money to spend? He's spent £150m on a shite defence and a crap winger. I'd rather save that kitty for a manager who knows what he's doing.

Fooza

Dont bother, I really starting to think they are Liverpool fans in disguise. I am 100% sure they dont support the club. They are working hard to defend someone so primitive and inept at his job.
Genuinely would laugh at statements like this usually, but you know what - sometimes their comments are so baffling, you have to wonder...

the_answer

Questions also gotta asked about Carrick.
As a player he was so tactically smart.
How cant he drill some defensive sense into the squad.

Whole backline isnt communicating, whenever there's a ball in its shambles. You never have the feeling that lindelof, harry, awb know what the man next to them is doing. Who to mark.

Time for ole and Carrick to go. Sorry.

Tarrou

we started the most defensive team imaginable and were 2-0 down in 15 minutes

after that it just got worse in terms of the decision-making

we brought on three defenders tonight, whilst chasing a game to get through in the UCL

How is that even possible?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That should be that now surely. Only the delusional would think that he has the coaching setup and tactical mind to manage a club like United.

We are far closer to being a Europa team now than being CL quality. We have the players, but it seems like it’s amateur hour in every other facet of the club.

This is Manchester United and it’s not good enough.

Pogba out, Ole out. Clear out the staff. Time for a brand new chapter.

A new chapter led by great technical players and a manager who knows how to set them up and use their abilities.

Giggs' right foot

Changed my vote to sack a month ago and not once regretted it. The wins we get are so individualistic that I have a hard time crediting Ole’s tactics for them. We don’t look like a unit at all. The losses on the other hand are so tactically badly executed it’s ridiculous. Were we playing Peps Barca of 2011 today? Manchester United shouldn’t go with seven defensive players in a game of importance. I simply think that’s too negative.

We’re now out of Champions League in a time where it’s paramount that we earn as much money as possible via tournaments, because fans won’t be getting into games for a while. Losing against Basaksehir was unforgivable.

I don’t, for one second, think we’ll move forward if we wait another 18 months. This is Ole’s level. Might get an occasional top-4 finish, but that’s it. We’ll never get a title or the Champions League under him. And god I fear what plans players like Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood will flirt with in their heads, if we for another season or two still play for top-4 and an odd domestic cup that no living thing under the sun cares about these days.

edgecutter

Something that needs to be done with. It is about mentality.

We were one brilliant save in 90 min from getting a result needed against one Bundesliga team. After all those subs.

Well, Barcelona don't shy at the moment. Neither Real or Juventus in their leagues. So is it always sack manager solution?

I don't reflect on football with feelings. I reflect of facts.

You seem to not have had much problems in your football life if you think that is hard. Nobody says 10 contract extension. But you guys are writing with feelings. When you get older you will understand.
Yeah, you're right. Those clubs haven't won league titles and European Cups since Fergie retired...oh wait!

PoTMS

Then why hasn't he? He's been unemployed for 13 months. Barcelona preferred Koeman until unproven rookie Xavi is ready to come back and Real are in no rush to sack Zidane.
Former Espanyol means he won't go to Barcelona. If Zidane goes, Poch will be favourite to replace him.

Baxter

Scholes saying he needs to find an identity.

He’s been there 2 years. Unbelievable.

Yagami

Good post resistant
At this point, we should really cut our losses, we can still 100% challenge for the league in its current state with a new manager and 1/2 signings in January.
Yeah, that's the annoying thing. We can still achieve something this year but we'll wait until everything's out of reach before sacking him. We do it every season and we've wasted so many of said seasons post Fergie doing it.

JG3001

When we play 4 at the back and get dominated by PSG and West Ham, its the tactics.

When we play 5 at the back and concede two, its the tactics.

Just let the caf manage the club.
You can’t just plonk out a random formation and expect the players to just take everything from there. Tactics isn’t just formation. The question marks over our coaching come from a combination of formation, the selection of players, the positioning of players, the patterns of play (or seemingly lack thereof).

I think you already know this.

Edit: Should also add In-game management, use of subs, arguably his biggest problem throughout his entire tenure

Eddy_JukeZ

You could say we were in a great position to qualify thanks to Ole. If you're the kind of supporter that blames the manager for defeats you need to praise them for the wins.

I do neither right now - it's a 6-game comp against quality opposition, which can be decided by a random goal here or there.

I'm still enjoying the Ole ride and watching this team, moreso than at any other point in the last 7 or so years. It's euphoric when United win because I don't have the pangs of guilt other fans must feel after slagging a club legend off all week.
Standards have gone down the toilet.

We didn't qualify. That's all that matters.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why should we give him more money to spend? He's spent £150m on a shite defence and a crap winger. I'd rather save that kitty for a manager who knows what he's doing.
Ole hasn't made any signings, woodward has.

Ole's first choice players weren't signed.

MonkeysMagic

Oh my. So many Football Manager kids in here. Just waiting for a lost game.

He didn't get the team right but fixed things and we were better team for about 60min. We lost in first 15-20 min. After that we had control over game. Not that it matters.
That paragraph is tge very definition of delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.