Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriku

LVG won the FA Cup, wasn't given any time.

JM won the League Cup and Europa League, finished 2nd in the Prem (highest finish since SAF left), yet wasn't given any time.

Hell, even Moyes was signed to a 5 year contract and given less that 12 months.

And yet somehow Ole needs to be given time? This board has just become ridiculous.
Mourinho lost the dressing room, there’s nothing you can do at that point.

wr8_utd

:'(
30 points in 25 PL games for Ole since he got the job permanently? More losses than wins?
Anyone else and they'd be sacked.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We have a midfield of Lingard Mcctominay and Fred. Lingard is completely shit and yet he plays in a very important role as our attacking midfielder.

Mcctominay and Fred are our CMs and what creativity do they have. They aren't very good at driving the ball forward either. Only thing they seem to be good at is winning the ball back. Our midfield lacks any form of creativity, our midfield can't drive the ball forward, our midfield can't keep possession and control games, the only thing our midfield is good at is running around trying to win the ball back. This is the midfield I'm talking about. The part of the pitch where creativity and dominance and control comes from. Yet we have Lingard Fred and Mcctominay in that part of the pitch.

Now we have Martial Rashford and James in attack. We have entrusted a player who hasn't played as a striker in some years to be the main man in charge of scoring goals. We have entrusted a player that has little striker instinct to lead our line.

Then we have James, a player that came straight from the Championship and wasn't even one of the best already starting for us on the right wing, which isn't his preferred position. And then Rashford, he's been our best player but he is young and inconsistency will always happen.

And then our defense . In the modern Era we play with defensive fullbacks. And then insist on playing a highline with two CBs

Where we are at now is where we deserve to be. How anyone thinks we should control a game with a midfield of Lingard Mcctominay and Fred is beyond me. Name one player from these three that can control a game. How do we create chances two. Name one player that can create chances.

The Bloody-Nine

30 points in 25 PL games for Ole since he got the job permanently? More losses than wins?
Anyone else and they'd be sacked.
And no one would be defending him, either. But it's Ole, and he was a legend as a player. So it's excuse after excuse. It's embarrassing.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I can't wait to see what the excuse is when Pogba comes back and we are still shit against these teams.

People realize we were just as bad against teams like Watford when Pogba was fit too, right?

reddevil80

Surely the incessant loss of points against so called lower teams should be making a point to you " keep " voters?

For the sake of argument, if we beat the other 5 in the " top 6 ", home and away, we gain 30 points.
Do those moral victories and 30 points mean that the other 28 points ( as we are averaging 1 point per game against the lower 14 teams ) are acceptable enough reasons to keep Ole?

Yes, he was a fantastic finisher and predator as a player but as manager and coach with us and other clubs, his record is shocking.

We should only consider keeping him if we get a proper DoF or he looks at his current assistants and accepts that they just aren't good enough.

We have reasonable players and I personally think, with the right DoF and correct tactics in place, they would attain better results.

Last edited:

OrcaFat

They do exactly the same each game, its dreadful to watch. Nomatter the quality of the players, its either the mentality or the tactics - and Ole is to blaim for both.

Pochettino is available.
Finally changed my vote to sack. Feel he needed time to at least Christmas to prove himself but here we are. I would have liked to see some consistency but I don’t think this is going to improve. Yes there have been injuries but we shouldn’t be losing 2-0 to Watford.

Time to give Pochettino a shot. I really do feel like this is our level now. Very depressing.
What was Pochettino’s excuse for crap form of the last year? Spurs rather have Mourinho than him. He wouldn’t last five minutes here without a poll to get rid.

FujiVice

A club like Man United is a shark tank. Its got major sponsors, shareholders, highly paid players and everyone hating you to deal with. I love Ole, but he hasnt got the character for this job. Poor sod.

Zahed

These tactics haven't worked for nearly 9 months....but let's just try them again.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
The club and it's supporters needs to get real. This isn't a fairytale where the legend comes good in the end. Any other manager that isn't a club legend would have been hounded out ages ago and most clubs would have gotten rid of their club legend as well but unfortunately Manchester United is too obsessed with history and an idealized view of themselves, the new Liverpool indeed.

Alabaster Codify7

I refused to be blinded by those two good wins over top sides, and I flat out said that I would only reconsider 'Sack Ole' if he could prove to me that we've actually turned a corner by putting Everton, Watford etc to the sword. Lo and behold, to absolutely no surprise whatsoever, he has failed. There has been no improvement, it was yet another false dawn brought on by playing attack-minded teams who leave space for Ole's underdog counter-attacks to flourish.

The man is tactically inept. He has no ability to adapt or change his approach mid-game. He is Clownshoes. Ole Gunnar Clownshoes at the wheel, steering the club into oncoming traffic at 150mph.

I've said before, this bizarre experiment will end sooner rather than later and we'll all look back at the Ole era in bewilderment. Bewildered at the fact we handed one of the biggest jobs in world football to a Norwegian league manager, and bewildered by how much leeway our fanbase gave the bloke in spite of the cold, hard facts staring them right in the face.

I think he might get culled over Christmas, I dont think he's got much breathing space left. We've got several embarrassing looking results coming up between now and January, I think he's gonna have a stinker of a Christmas fixture run.

Time to pull the plug.

redshaw

Ole and the staff have to show they can get the players motivated and drilled into them they have to put themselves on the line every week. Every game is a cup final for us and has been for decades, we have to be ready and willing to fight, you can't coast around expecting the club to win the game, you have to be the club on the pitch every game and be the winning mentality.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Keep. Stick that to your asses, glory hunters. We are going to CL this season be it EL or EPL qualification. We are still in top 4 race with half of the team injured throughout the season.
Yes, my shit is properly boiling after the game, the result and 75 mins of the game were frustrating. But if I had let emotions manage my life instead of managing them I’d become a miserable, depressive whiner watching free streams on a cracked display of a shitty phone.
Back in 2000s, I thought there was a difference between LFC and United fan base, but no: people are all the same. As I grow older, I have much more respect for the people supporting small clubs and fans who supported MU in 1970s and 80s, than fellow United fans who Start “a mid table club fan base mentality” bullshit. feck off you cnuts, who are first to express their fragile inner world when our young team loses but never show up in pre season, youth teams and tactical threads.

P.S. I’m not meaning to insult those fans who care about the club (not only results) but happen to have a “sack Ole” opinion based on their analysis and present their opinion with respect to other fans and the club.
Not only are you bad in the CE forum but also here.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Lingard has to be out of this club either before ole or at the same time.

He is completely undermining any coach that comes in by his off field antics.

dbryan

Haven't seen the game but wasn't shocked we lost. I'm still don't know if Ole is the man long term (but I support him 100%) but the results against the top clubs give me hope. Even last season when he was on that run on his first 15 games or so we were beating smaller teams as well. Is it as easy to say because we had Pogba we won those games? Who knows. What has changed?

I think there will be more of these results this season (we are halfway through anyway) the one reason I do fear for Ole is against the teams who shut up shop and maybe don't allow us so much space then we can't break them down. Even if he gets more players in has he got the tactical knowledge to break down these teams? He took down Jose and Pep and has drawn twice with Liverpool, also has won 2 out of 2 at the bridge, both very good performances.

If he can get another couple of creative midfielders in the summer then we still are not there or there abouts then he can have no excuses. But for the time being I am still ole in. Don't get me wrong I am annoyed we lost and I can understand people maybe wanting him out as well.

Rocknrolla69er

ole clearly gets it when identifying players with the United mentality and attitude is it just me whereas it makes so much sense putting Ole as director of football and Poch as coach

bonothom

How anyone can defend this shit is beyond me. Worse points than last season at this stage but apparently we are improving. We are below shitty Sheff Utd for Christ's sake. Do Ole believers think that Sheff Utd have a better squad than us?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Said after the City game that if we get 13 points out of the next 6 games I may think about changing my vote from sack to keep. 2 games down and we've got 1 point. Not looking good is it?

Damon1559

Think of it this way..

Just imagine for a minute that Ole had never played for United and had zero ties to us, would he have ever been looked at when Mourinho got the sack? Would we be looking at Molde's manager? A manager that had Cardiff relegated? I can answer that question for every single person on this forum and the answer is NO! He has performed exactly how that Ole with Zero ties to us would have.

On what merit do we give him time when all the evidence shows that he isn't capable? Because he is a club legend? That is madness! He needs to go.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Progress with what exactly?

Do we have a better squad this season? No

Do we have more points than last season? No

Do we play better football than last season? No

Has the 3 signings that Ole made improved us? Questionable.

No other club the size of Manchester United would accept being 8th in the league when spending £150m in the transfer window yet again. We consistently spend more than every other club in the league except City yet we are no where near the top 4 let alone the title.

If I saw progress I would allow him more time but when we can only beat teams on the counter that simply isn’t good enough.
You ask a question, then answer yourself, and that is your post. This place is purely opinion board now. Emotion septic tank. No dialogue at all. Which is sad but understandable.

Roboc7

He’s a very limited manager who is not doing a very good job. I don’t expect this team to be top of the league but to be level on points with Newcastle and just one ahead of a shambolic Arsenal side, well there just isn’t any excuse.

There is nothing he has done since he got the job and nothing in his career to date that suggests he will be good enough. Logically he should fail, that’s the most likely outcome, if he is a success it would be a shock.

If he leaves at end of season he will have given a few youngsters a chance, sold off some deadwood and not really caused too much damage or made much improvement. Unless there is significant improvement it’s still untenable he is out a manager next season. Unless spending three years and hundreds of millions to play shit football and maybe have a chance of finishing fourth is genuinely the plan.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just think, for a second.
I checked after a defeat and after a win, it does the exact same thing.
These are not new votes, people who already voted, come back and change it, simple as that.
I've thought for a second.

Go back through the thread, people have often taken screenshots of it, and it clearly shows there were not 'around 1800 votes on both sides, always'. I'm not saying people aren't changing their vote, new people are voting all the time, simple as that.

Le Red

The club and it's supporters needs to get real. This isn't a fairytale where the legend comes good in the end. Any other manager that isn't a club legend would have been hounded out ages ago and most clubs would have gotten rid of their club legend as well but unfortunately Manchester United is too obsessed with history and an idealized view of themselves, the new Liverpool indeed.
This. This a hundred times.

bdspeedy

Looking like Ole isn't the answer long term but I have almost as little confidence in Poch. We will NEVER win ANYTHING as long as Eddie and the Glazers are running this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.