Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Pedantic comment here, but what's with this new tendency of measuring time in terms of transfer windows? I.e. "give Ole two or three more windows". It's not like we normally spend money in January anyway.
There are some young fans on here, who still believe that we will buy in January, even though the evidence suggests that this will not be the case.
The older fans tend to be more level headed and understand that our next players will be bought next Summer. The problem we have is that Woodward is trying to balance the books, so he looking to spend little AND reduce the wage bill.
I think we could get someone on loan or a free transfer, though.

And now we have supporters of rival clubs making accounts and posting this :lol:

I’d give him the summer window ideally, then next season, he’s on sack watch if he cannot then our fortunes.
I don't know who you support, but how would you like it if Ole was managing your club?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For me it is so obvious by just looking at the players he just signed, that this is his plan and nothing else. As I mentioned in another post, he signed a slow defender that can't play in a high line, a very defensive fullback and a winger whose trick is to run with pace in spaces and cross. Hardly any of his signings were suited for offensive football. They all favor playing defensive and hitting opposition on the counter, rather than doing things while having possession. I'm not sure if that wasn't his plan for the team why he would sign 3 players that favor just that. Could have favored signing players that favor possession and doing things with the ball in the feet, or a more pacey defender to play a high line but nope. For this, I honestly don't like his vision and don't want it to rule here. I have seen nothing of him to suggest it will be anything different than that. He will probably sign on more players that are good on the counter and builds a more defensive team that is just more efficient on the counter.
Tbh, I don’t think he was thinking too tactically with the players he signed. I think he was more concerned with ‘personalities’. I think Maguire can play in a high line, and has done often enough, but I don’t know what he was thinking with AWB. I don’t think he was thinking defensively per se, I just think he thought ‘he’s a good young English right back and a good boy’. James was a punt as a sub. He started on the bench this season, but due to Lingard’s rubbishness, was in the team immediately.

He also tried to get Dybala.

Greck

Pedantic comment here, but what's with this new tendency of measuring time in terms of transfer windows? I.e. "give Ole two or three more windows". It's not like we normally spend money in January anyway.
It's just a stealth appeal to keep him this summer.

meamth

It's funny how I'm more concerned about the Ole Out brigade rather than the poor result last night.

"Oh lord, caf will be a nightmare tonight, go to sleep."

el3mel

Tbh, I don’t think he was thinking too tactically with the players he signed. I think he was more concerned with ‘personalities’. I think Maguire can play in a high line, and has done often enough, but I don’t know what he was thinking with AWB. I don’t think he was thinking defensively per se, I just think he thought ‘he’s a good young English right back and a good boy’. James was a punt as a sub. He started on the bench this season, but due to Lingard’s rubbishness, was in the team immediately.

He also tried to get Dybala.
We didn't try to get Dybala. He was offered to us because Juve wanted to hijack Inter deal with Lukaku so tried to make a swap deal. That's about it regarding this deal for us I guess.

As for the rest, maybe, but I'm honestly just a more offensively oriented manager deciding to play a high line and find how Maguire can easily be caught due to how slow he's, it will create a headache for him and will probably have to bench him which will ironic for how much money we spent for him. Maybe you are right about Ole not thinking much tactically signing these kind of players but at the end of the day I believe he just added to the problem more than solving it. We needed players that will make us better offensively with the ball and he just went on and signed 3 players that favor a more defensive style. Something that doesn't me interested much in a new summer under him.

Anyway I don't think he will get a new season. Ed can talk well and all but come the end of the season with us finishing 7th, not winning EL and with Poch, and he will pull the trigger. For now, he will stay till the end of the season.

Giggsyking

It's funny how I'm more concerned about the Ole Out brigade rather than the poor result last night.

"Oh lord, caf will be a nightmare tonight, go to sleep."
You are worried about the Ole out brigade but not about your team? WTF is this? wake up mate! we lost to a team that has not won a match at home in 9 months. 9 fecking months. I cant fecking understand how is this OK with people here. I guess mediocrity is like a contagious disease and Ole infected many of the fans!!

tonnas

Enough is ebough, same shit football, Ole has no idea of what is doing, completely inept...out asap although Ed and out board are even more clueless then Ole.

Mainoldo

You are worried about the Ole out brigade but not about your team? WTF is this? wake up mate! we lost to a team that has not won a match at home in 9 months. 9 fecking months. I cant fecking understand how is this OK with people here. I guess mediocrity is like a contagious disease and Ole infected many of the fans!!
Don’t even stress about it. You can’t win, it’s like Brexit. The delusion is toxic. But after the the reign of Moyes and Mourinho I’m not surprised by the fans. We’ve repeatedly been deluding in backing crap management.

meamth

That's the thing.

I'm upset, but I've seen why we lost the game.

Life goes on eh?

Mainoldo

Enough is ebough, same shit football, Ole has no idea of what is doing, completely inept...out asap although Ed and out board are even more clueless then Ole.
Ed and the board are clueless but they don’t manage the team so our only ever solution Is get rid of the manger.

USREDEVIL

Getting embarrassing. Don’t win at Newcastle and I’m going ole out. And I’m pretty die hard because I appreciate the change in atmosphere he brought after Mourinho.

Mainoldo

Getting embarrassing. Don’t win at Newcastle and I’m going ole out. And I’m pretty die hard because I appreciate the change in atmosphere he brought after Mourinho.
Don’t even wait... he’s dead and buried.

MyDevil

As much as I like Ole, we need to do the Right thing. This is beyond him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’d give him the summer window ideally, then next season, he’s on sack watch if he cannot then our fortunes.
I highly respect you as poster, so I'd genuinely love to hear any positives that you see to warrant him such leasure. I mean it's practically unheard of, to let someone continue with what we're seeing. I mean I want Ole to succeed but by feck he's making me believe you can get blood out of a stone at the minute.

Loon

:lol:
He’s going to have to have the January window to end all windows to get out of this, but I think this will be his final season.

Strelok

Still bitchy about the sack :lol: ?

I don't think you're even an Utd fan, rather a Jose fan tbh. No fan could not have some hope after us beating Spurs and City and stop watching imho.

I run out of quota so have to reply you here.

You're calling for the mods and called my post rubbish but give no rational or logical explanation why you've decided to stop watching Utd ?
You questioned me being a Man United supporter, that is rubbish and quite honestly unacceptable.All because of a username,Christ sake.
No I questioned you not being an Utd fan because you've stopped watching Utd after us beating Spurs and City, which no Utd fan ever would. You're still dodging this question. Could you explain why?

And you being a Jose fan because it seems you're not an Utd fan and your username.

Two separated questions tbh.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Hmm, smell a butthurt...I didn’t judge you, never mind “attempted to insult” you, man. You started by calling me a bad poster and then got offended.
If you want to start a fight, learn to keep track of what you are posting. The best thing, as I said earlier, just stuck to the cartoons. There are newer ones for you to watch. Tom&Jerry, for example. Catch up.
Don’t be so confused. I’m not offended. I just think you do a bad job at trash talking along with your bad job at reasoning in here and CE. The original post you made was some absolute garbage and got called out for it — the price of making shit opinions.

shahzy

as much as the game raising results against city and spurs are, the guy has no actual clue how to manage a big club. I'm just waiting for it to happen because if i say anything i'll have top reds telling me im wrong yet again. Yikes

croadyman

He’s going to have to have the January window to end all windows to get out of this, but I think this will be his final season.
The board will tie his hands behind his back in January but will get more backing in the summer, I am just really struggling to trust him with money after so many abject performances in non top six games. I also cannot see the likes of Sancho, Havertz & Maddison wanting to join the club with him in charge and do you know what I wouldn't blame them one bit for wanting to go elsewhere.

I said back in March he shouldn't have the job on a permanent basis and have certainly not changed my mind just because we have beaten Chelsea, City & Spurs and also drawn with Arsenal & Liverpool. I know some people will probably still brand me a flip flop or a plastic but couldn't care less as there is nothing wrong with being passionate in my eyes. Quite amazing how 75% of the league is made up of teams who just sit in and ask you to break them down, only 25% of the league we are capable of beating and yet people are still blindly supporting him.

Last edited:

crackers0seven

He will be gone by Feb. Fixtures aren't going to get easier. And even if they did, the easiest of ones are a problem for us. He is just not up to it. Happy he shifted on a lot of deadwood and blooded some good young players, his buys aren't bad either. Think poch is right man to start the recovery of man utd. DOF would be nice too..

Judas

Open to offers
Why would top players rush to play for Ole in all seriousness? I don't know what his style is, and I don't know how he'll be able to sell it. We're relying on money and the fact we used to be great.

sdb4884

Who'd from outside the club would want to play for him or this club right now? at least if we had a reputable manager like Poch or Allegri then you could see some players wanting to join us.

dasty

I appreciate what Ole had done for us as well as the fact that he make us seems to have some kind of direction and philosophy in our signings. However, he really isn't cut out to be a top manager and yet people are too deluded to see this. We have became the Liverpool of the past that we used to laugh at - they used to dream about Daglish bringing them back to the top again. The fact that half of the people thinks he deserves to stay at this point really shows the delusion. If it wasn't Ole, but someone like Mourinho or Poch or any other manager that has no previous link to the club, everyone here would be calling for his head and this poll would have at least 70% calling for him to be sacked.

He had shown time and time again that he simply has no idea how to beat the smaller teams who cede possession to us. That shows that he might be a good manager for a smaller team, but definitely not for a team that is looking to challenge for titles.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Meh... his january signing will be deemed very good. Will need next year to see what they can do after settling in.

Next season : meh, injury. X wasnt a Y, need to give summer purchase time to settle to see what they can do.

January : a player away from top 4. Give him time.

Next 2 season : ed out!

roonaldo78

There are so many damning facts about his reign, that it's staggering that the club will continue to ignore them.
It is not really staggering though is it? Just look at the response from the fans and there are many who are still happy to ignore and willing to accept these sort of performances all in the name of some non existent long term plan.

The club hierarchy have convincingly sold this 'long term plan' and fans have bought it, anyone who argues get told about the three excellent players Ole has bought.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Don’t be so confused. I’m not offended. I just think you do a bad job at trash talking along with your bad job at reasoning in here and CE. The original post you made was some absolute garbage and got called out for it — the price of making shit opinions.
Man, you are desperate, take it easy. It was just a banter. You accepted the challenge, then withdrew, now justifying yourself. So defensive.
You didn’t give any reasoning for what you state and yet accuse people of bad reasoning. You should learn to hold account of your acts.
Do you have any arguments or you are just one of the Cafe flat track bullies who attack posters with few posts to gain reputation? I was friendly to you and you thought I’m an easy target, didn’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.