Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A little theory I have is that -

Ex players have to be midfielders to be good managers - a good balance of understanding the game from deep and seeing the flow of the game and how to change it.

Pep, Zidane, Simeone, Lampard, Gerrard, Luis Enrique and now potentially Artera.

Defenders seems to be good too but don't seem to jump the big jump from ex players to coach like midfielders do.

Greck

Totally agree I wish LVG had longer, you could tell he was a good coach who could implement a style on a team. Nowadays we just go from game to game with no pattern of play
Honestly LVG is the one I would have give more time of the previous 3. Have no problem raising a hand and saying I was wrong on some aspects. If I recall correctly the prevailing view at the time was such could never work in England. This was before Pep came.

LVG needed more help with player acquisition because he bought a lot of players that weren't suited for his style. Scheiderlin, Rojo, young Depay, Darmian, Rooney in the hole. What was he thinking on some of those? You know what I change my mind. He doesn't deserve any apology because most of these decisions weren't forced on him

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sacking is easy, but if you're not sure who to appoint and who will truly succeed this time, the whole idea is pointless, not to mention a colossal waste of time for the needed rebuild.

hobbers

Is there actually any way of putting up a graph of the sack vs keep poll as the season has gone on? Would be quite interesting.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Whatever. It’s hard to take seriously an opinion from a man who spends days in the political section of a football forum. If your opinion on me was backed by any meaningful contribution to United discussions, it would have been legitimate.
Judging by your posts in this thread, I’m not sure you know what constitutes meaningful contribution. Now being a try hard top red? You seem to have that down!

SteveW

Because you love to act all high and mighty after a win, while you disappear when shit hits the fan.

You've been advocating for Ole for weeks while many of us feared this was the reality of his ability.

I've not seen anyone happy we lost, rather a dawning realisation seems to be hitting that Ole really isn't implementing some grand plan as you and some others have been telling us for weeks.
At no stage have I suggested we won't have bad results along the way.

The fact that you see standing up for a United manager as "acting high and mighty" says it all.

Seij

Imagine if Carrick becomes interim manager and then wins his first 10 games due to the new manager bounce. Then fans make up chants of "Carrick's at the wheel" and he gets the job permanently only for us to go back to mediocrity.

That's the nightmare scenario for me so I think we should just stick with Solskjaer and get Pochettino in the summer.
Carrick and Phelan should go nowhere near the interm manager position as they've both been part of the disastrous past 1.5 seasons as the assistants. They need to take responsibility and leave with Solskjaer. There has to be other options for interm if Pochettino or another qualified manager won't join now.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Disastrous

disastrous
/dɪˈzɑːstrəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective

1. causing great damage.
    "a disastrous fire swept through the museum"

Similar:
    catastrophic

calamitous

cataclysmic

tragic

devastating

ravaging

ruinous

harmful

injurious

detrimental

adverse

dire

terrible

awful

shocking

appalling

dreadful

grievous

horrible

black

dark

bad

unfortunate

unlucky

ill-fated

ill-starred

inauspicious

unfavourable

Opposite:
    fortunate

successful

beneficial
    • INFORMAL
      highly unsuccessful.
      "United made a disastrous start to the season"
I swear spoiled Manchester United fans are taking over the internet :lol:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Would keep him. Some might be unhappy with what Oles saying, but if you think he's telling his players that I can't agree. He's not trying to make them angry, 'the world against us' etc. Very few in the team knows what it's like to be successful over and over. He will obviously be telling them it's not good enough etc. However, my vote would change if he let players off the hook for being unprofessional etc..

MrBest

Positives, players seem happier, team look mpr3 together, couple decent signings

Negatives, still have no consistency, do not understand the way we play still, no philosophy, ole press conferences make me cringe, players look clueless on the pitch. Not a coach, has no tactical brains, late subs. I still do not know what ups and downs mean. Can only play counter attacking football, no idea still after one year how to break down teams. The players we are linked with worries me. Still cannot get over why we did not get bruno Fernandes, he takes too many risks, so what! Finally, he promised to integrate youth, said they were ready and still not does not. Greenwood has moved than proved he should start. Chong and gomes have been shunted, not seen anything else from Levit, Garner should be coming on much more. These kids need minutes, he should of loaned them out when he has the chance.

I was on the fence for a while, i am ole out now. Seriously, we are so so so bad and after one year there really has been not much progression. I really do not care if the players are better mates.

AC1689

Worst manager in the league by a LONG shot.

Terrible performance after terrible performance.

These losses and the terrible standing in the table is firmly on the ‘Ole In’ cult. Enjoy the sh*t show.

Mainoldo

These losses and the terrible standing in the table is firmly on the ‘Ole In’ cult. Enjoy the sh*t show.
Don’t waste your time. We’ll end up winning playing crap but all will be forgotten.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think if the performances and results improve as we are seeing now, it's fair that he at least gets to the end of the season.

I think if the performances and results improve as we are seeing now, it's fair that he at least gets to the end of the season.
Of course good performances and results should buy any manager time, that's just common sense.

The problem is that this is coming off a horrific defeat to the league's worst side. As I said before the game, I hope Ole proves us all wrong and keeps his job by going on a massive winning streak.

Halftrack

Gotta go straight for that vitriol, no time to wait and see how it pans out.

dove

The most frustrating thing is that top 4 is still very much possible if we got a new manager ASAP. However we prefer to stick with Ole who himself has written the season off.

Backrow Singer

Because we’re beating Newcastle 3-1 at half time? I don’t disagree with you, just find the timing of your comment slightly odd. Is being 3-1 up against Newcastle a big achievement for this club now? I‘m hoping that we haven’t sinked quite that low. I do agree though in terms of the end of the season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
For sure, he can stay as long as fergie if the performances improve.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Because we’re beating Newcastle 3-1 at half time? I don’t disagree with you, just find the timing of your comment slightly odd. Is being 3-1 up against Newcastle a big achievement for this club now? I‘m hoping that we haven’t sinked quite that low. I do agree though in terms of the end of the season.
I guess it's a bit premature. It's nice seeing Greenwood showing he has what it takes to be here though.

Halftrack

The most frustrating thing is that top 4 is still very much possible if we got a new manager ASAP. However we prefer to stick with Ole who himself has written the season off.
No, he hasn't, outrage merchants have chosen to inerpret it that way because god forbid they have a rational thought.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

He's not that bad.

Happy anniversary

Untd55

This game just shows the usual. Give our attackers space and they will score (Everyone already knows this).

A lot of mistakes from Newcastle have opened them up for us. We need to be able to open these teams up ourselves; we play far too slow against these sides when they deny us space and don't gift us possession.

One thing is that Greenwood is better than James so I would prefer him to be first-team.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Nobody should be changing their mind based on today to be honest. Those swinging back and forth with every win/loss are just stupid.

waza7111

If there was an 'evaluate at the end of the season' option I'd vote for that. I don't think many people want him to be sacked right at this moment.

Larseno

Keep, not even God will get this team to win consistently. Anyways, I can't see him staying next year.
Its not about winning consistently, its about performing, showing identity and so on. Im okay with losing. What Im not okay with is getting one or two goals in behind and then look like there is no urgency at all to get back in to it. We look clueless at times. Other times we can produce some very good attacks, so Im not buying that we are so bad that we shouldnt do better.

Larseno

Im actually not pro sacking Ole, BUT I think Poch would do a better job. So if its Poch or Ole I chose Poch. Except that, I would go on with Ole at the wheel.

Nick7

Nobody should be changing their mind based on today to be honest. Those swinging back and forth with every win/loss are just stupid.
I was going to post something similar to this. It’s hilarious watching the poll change every game.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm just gonna throw in that I still believe we should get rid of Ole.
Don't want all the Ole in folk to claim me and others have come from behind a rock when we drop points next...

Nanotron

You got to question the intelligence of those people for sure. Yo yoers haven't a clue to decide for themselves.

Chairman Steve

This type of performance has to be the norm for a team of our stature. OGS can’t just live off of top team scalps and the odd lesser team win here and there just to keep his head above the waterline.

I personally can’t see him being any better than that, unless he’s going to make some transfers that are so good that our team doesn’t need intricate tactics to break down teams that defend deep, and just bulldoze them regardless on sheer talent alone.

It doesn’t help either that he’s saying he needs this whole season to know how to improve this squad that he’s had already for a year? After he had essentially a 6 month half season free hit to assess the squad and a summer transfer window. I don’t believe this bollocks about managers needing 2-3 seasons to get the squad playing their way when Brendan Rodgers has transformed Leicester from a boring mid table team to the 2nd best team in the league within 7-8 months.

ghagua

Imagine if Carrick becomes interim manager and then wins his first 10 games due to the new manager bounce. Then fans make up chants of "Carrick's at the wheel" and he gets the job permanently only for us to go back to mediocrity.

That's the nightmare scenario for me so I think we should just stick with Solskjaer and get Pochettino in the summer.
Why wait when there are perfectly good managers available even now. get them in, let them assess the squad and plan for the summer transfer window. If by chance Ole does get hooked, that places the new manager at a disadvantage and leaves him working with a squad he has no knowledge of.

Amerifan

Im actually not pro sacking Ole, BUT I think Poch would do a better job. So if its Poch or Ole I chose Poch. Except that, I would go on with Ole at the wheel.
This is where I am. If it came down to sign Poch this minute or he’s gone, I’d make the switch. Barring that, I’d wait until the end of the season and reevaluate things then.

passing-wind

This is the reality of many fans they are too emotive. Coincidentally it's the same premise of thinking that got Ole the job to begin with. Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal have lost form and typically are off the pace, if Ole doesn't get top four he deserves to be sacked.

If we beat Watford we would have been 1 point away from top four, it's the small margins where Solskjaer seems to continually fall short. It happened towards the end of last season when Arsenal / Chelsea were playing poorly.

I'm all for giving Ole time but it needs to be earned not awarded. Top four or the door, it might sound glum / nonsense to some but when you consider how LVG got vetoed it's perfectly with reason of the Glazers.

Flexdegea

A little theory I have is that -

Ex players have to be midfielders to be good managers - a good balance of understanding the game from deep and seeing the flow of the game and how to change it.

Pep, Zidane, Simeone, Lampard, Gerrard, Luis Enrique and now potentially Artera.

Defenders seems to be good too but don't seem to jump the big jump from ex players to coach like midfielders do.

Are you trolling with this post?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Are you trolling with this post?
No not really & neither do I think it's right or scientifically correct.

However, the modern game does have ex players going directly in to coaching & for me midfielders are the most tactically balanced players in the game - I've kept an eye on their management careers to see how this progresses.

As I said the defenders are also good & I've yet to see many ex strikers do that well going straight in to coaching.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No not really & neither do I think it's right or scientifically correct.

However, the modern game does have ex players going directly in to coaching & for me midfielders are the most tactically balanced players in the game - I've kept an eye on their management careers to see how this progresses.

As I said the defenders are also good & I've yet to see many ex strikers do that well going straight in to coaching.
Defenders seem to be doing very well too.

Rose was a LB, Nagelsmann was a CB, Ten Hag CB, Poch CB and Klopp played as a striker and then defender in later years.

Status
Not open for further replies.